Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Magic Cycle part 2 - all welcome

Postby rocky's mom » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Lucky Jules, thanks for the welcome and encouragement! I really need it at this time.

As you are talking about LH surge and ovulation, I'd like to know what I may have done incorrectly in my last cycle. Since my average cycle length is 28 days, I started testing (OPK) on CD11. The test line turned up slightly lighter than the control line, which I assumed to be negative. I continued testing until CD 15, and not once did I get a darker test line. In fact, it became lighter as the days went on. I felt that I ovulated on CD 12 when I felt slight pain on one side. The thing is, we did not BD until CD12 (past midnight), then did it again on CD14 and CD 16. My BBT rose significantly on CD14 and stayed high until AF came on CD26 (14dpo). Do you think I may have tested and BD'd too late? My resolve now is to test as early as CD9.

Also, after two failed rounds of Clomid-Estradiol-Progesterone, my doctor told me to undergo a pelvic exam first before beginning another round (something about seeing if the ovaries have enlarged or something, can't remember what the nurse said). Tiff, did your doctor ask you to do the same?
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:37 pm

rocky, it sounds like to me that you didn't catch the surge with your OPK. But, if you got your af on time then you probably did ovualte, not sure when. However, if your temp rose on cd14 then I think that means you did ovualte on cd13..I dont' temp so I'm not sure on that part..these other girls will know.
My OB has me do an u/s on any day between cd11 and cd13 to look at follicle size while on those drugs.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Just reading along....

Welcome Rocky! Sounds like you've been getting good advice from the terrific women on this site!

Second Chance -Oh, I really hope you caught the surprise O!! I definitely think you stand a chance. Best wishes to you!

Tiffany - I so understand that last minute addition of Clomid! Fingers crossed for you. Hope your stepdad and your family are doing okay. Such a tough situation.

AFM, Got my first set of beta results today: 235. Not a million, but seems to be right smack dab in the middle of normal. I go again tomorrow(Wednesday). Fingers crossed that it at least doubles!! I'll probably get my results on Thursday.

Hope you are all doing well on this TTC Rollercoaster!!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:19 am

Hoopla, That is SO WONDERFUL about your beta results. That is a very good number! Okay, so it took you 9 cycles after stopping bf to get your bfp, right? And you did it all natural? I stopped bf 3months ago..I had a chemical in cycle 1 and now we are on cycle 4. Just trying to wrap my head around your story so I can at least have something to think about :).
Looking forward to your beta on Thursday..I have NO doubts it will double! SO HAPPY for you and DH! CONGRATS again!!!

Jules, hoping your supps just make it happen THIS MONTH for you. Lucky cycle #9 for #9 :)!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rocky's mom » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:26 am

Thanks, Hoopla! I'm happy and excited for you, praying that everything goes well. I do hope Preseed also works for us. As I've said, I've opted to go natural for a few more months before returning to my doctor. According to her, the next step is to see an RE whose clinic is located more than an hour away from where we live. Really hoping we won't have to go that far.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:57 am

Hello ladies!

Welcome Rocky! I had the same logistical issue of getting to my RE since we are in different states (but same NYC metro area). It sucks what we have to go through for our dream.

TTC2 - Hugs to you :hugs: Be strong sweetie. I know the downs on this roller coaster ride can take you really, really low sometimes. Makes you feel so bad you don't how you will ever pick yourself up. But you have to keep believing that there will be a high and at some point the train comes into the station and you get off the ride with that bundle of joy in your arms. :)

Tiff - good call if the meds give you peace of mine. Unfortunately there is no one magic formula. What works for one of us may not work for another so you have to do what feels right for you.

2nd - You are not out yet! Hold onto the hope! :) I see a surprise in your future. :o

Hoopla - That is an excellent beta. Here's hoping for results in the 600 tomorrow! :)

LJ - you never know what will happen. I am hoping the supplements just do that....supplement the body.

AFM - been away for awhile. I somehow contracted the stomach flu (lots of diarhea, vomitting, abdominal pain and dehydration..sorry tmi) and ended up in the ER last night. I am lounging at home, occassionally working, watching the tube. I am currently on a clear fluid diet with the occassional saltine and dry toast thrown in. I never realized how many food ads are on tv. LOL. Feeling much better though and just wanted to touch base with you ladies. I should be starting CD1 tomorrow or Friday. One thing I have noticed this cycle which I don't know if it is the suppplements kicking in, the fertility cleanse I did or what, but my temps are staying high through the end of my LP. I had begun to get worried about LPD because my temps would drop BEFORE :af: came on. So there is some improvement going on. I will keep up with the supplements i started in June/July and hope that my 90 day supply and my repro organs are much improved. I decided to give myself through the end of the year before I allow any doubt or change in plans. Much luck to everyone and will check back soon.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 am

HI everyone

Tiff- thanks for the O info, guess continued charting for many months will continue to show me a pic on when I can say I am Oing so I can try and pin point better.

Rocky- I myself am also trying to figure out when I actually O, I feel O pains also, is it when I feel the pain or what...... dont know if we will ever know for sure, I have read where its possible that what you feel is the egg moving thru the tubes which would mean O already happened or the other thought is that the egg is just getting ready to bust out..... Guess if we could pin point that it would help ALOT...........I am more inclined to think that what I feel is the egg getting ready to be released, so with that I am going to guess you Oed on the 13th, question is what time on the 13th, and if you BD on the 12th at midnight was it actually the 11th going into the 12th or the 12th going into the 13th??? (sorry hope that is not confusing), but it makes all the difference. I have read many reports that say it take the sperm about 12 hours after its in you to go thru its changes to be able to actually penetrate the egg. So if you Oed on the 13th in the AM and BD at midnight on the 12th the sperm did not have enough time to change in order to be able to penetrate the egg..... ladies, if I am in left field here please say so but I think I got it all right, I sure dont want to put wrong info out there. :)
Also Rocky, I have also read (can you tell I am desperate to find the egg or what LOL) that it may be a good idea to test 2-3 times a day using the OPK during your O testing days, if you test at 8a you may not actually get the surge until 8p that night and then by the next morning when you test again the surge is gone. I myself have not tried this yet, just havent wanted to take on that task yet...... but may consider it in the next couple of months.
I have not had any outside help yet, that starts next month when I see my Dr. and will be totally out of pocket since my insurance does not cover fert. treatments.... so we are trying everything we can try ourselves first before going down that road. Hope this info is helpful to you. :)

HI Lucky, wacky cylces......indeed...... :x

Hoopla- BIG FAT CONGRATS again to you. Enjoy this feeling. Cant wait to join you someday. You give me hope.

Hi TTC- thinking of you and hoping you are doing ok right now.

JAN- where are you??????? you have been away far to long.... come back come back whereever you are. LOL

Shanessa- sorry your under the weather, I myself have a cold right now, dont feel bad other than coughing and sore throat. Get well soon and enjoy the down time, hopefully DS and DH are waiting on you hand and foot. :)

As for me, well, yesterday was a mad house, when we finally went to bed last night, we were so exausted we decided that skip the BD, I was a bit sad but to tired to really think about it much since I feel right to sleep. LOL.... then today I get up and my temps are up so it probably would not have mattered last night anyway... Throwing all my hopes into night before last and hope "my baby" decided to stick and finally come out of hiding. Time will only tell..... still feeling a bit crampy today but CM is more sticky today so I def think I am past 0. Thank goodness it did finally come even if it was day 30..... UGH... I also have made the decision that I am not adding any other supplements to my regemin at this time, I kind of think I have thrown my body out of its natuaral wach by all the stuff I was trying and started taking, all good stuff but still stuff none the less. I really feel if I can give it a couple of months that I will reregulate myself. I will keep you all posted on that. Nothing else to report from me, just waiting for continued temp rising...

Happy Wednesday everyone
H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 am

shanessa, sorry about being down but glad you are on the mend! YAY for the normal LP this cycle :)!! WONDERFUL news!

And, yes unfortunately there is no "fix" for this that works on everyone. And sometimes, if it worked before it won't work again. I just hope that is not the case with me....fx.

second, glad you finally O'd. Hope you got the egg.

afm..cd 5. I have to write when you guys post or I will never catch up..hahaha! I think we will be taking a four drive to see stepdad this weekend before he starts his chemo.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Tiffany -Actually, this is my 10th cycle since the birth of my son. He completely weaned himself in the middle of May -although we had been slowly cutting back feedings for two months at that point. So, technically, this is my 5th cycle since completely stopping the nursing.... My RE and my OB both consider only the time past nursing as actually TTC because the nursing really messes with cycles, especially in women over 40. I hope this makes sense! And yes, other than pre-seed, we went all natural. Of course, I used about 15 OPK's each cycle to pinpoint! Usually, 3 a day..... :oops:

Shanessa, I am so sorry that you have been sick! Sounds miserable. Hope you are in top shape soon! Glad your LP is improving!!

Second Chance -I can never figure out exactly when I ovulate either. I've heard it is good to BD every other day from CD10-20. We tried this starting on CD12, but always add in an extra BD or two once the OPK turned positive and stopped once my temps went up.... Thanks for the congrats -Looking forward to having you all join me soon!!!

Rocky -I hope the pre-seed works for you, too! We did go see an RE and decided to try au naturale for a few more cycles. I hope you get your BFP before making the trip! Best of luck to you!
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:20 am

Magic Cycle part 3 will be up and running in a few secs ladies. We had better move over there before the mods tell us off! See you there!
SimoneTTC

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s