I've started to think about how long I should ttc?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby finallyttc » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi LJ,

Totally thinking about the same thing. I am feeling very selfish as I have only been back in the game 2 cycles and feel like giving up. If it werent for DH feeling strongly about a sibling for our 20 month old dd... I hate the two week obsession, I hate that I gave my heart, body, etc to a pregnancy for 5 1/2 months only to lose a son to trisomy 18. What if it happens again? What if my fertility has taken a nose dive? What if I am feeling the effects of my age- energy level, aches and pains. I told DH I feel like putting all our time and energy into one, beautiful, healthy, child. The ups and downs stink. I happened to see that now you are in the tww and sound more optimistic than yesterday. I really hope this is your time!
Me 40 DH 39<div>DD Born 12-29-10</div><div>Baby Gavin went to heaven at 21 weeks - Trisomy 18</div>
finallyttc
Friend

Re: I've started to think about how long I should ttc?

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:54 am

I just turned 42, I have told DH and he agrees ... we will try until my 43 birthday then that is it.... so I am putting evrything into this year TTC. Mind you if we have another MC I think I will be out (we only have been pregnant 3 x (twice from IUIs)... but have one amazing DS). The MCs torn me apart and I mourned each one until their projected DOB. Still I look back and think if those MC never happened I would have the 3 children I've always wanted.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:11 am

OH my heart breaks for you ttc and finally :(. So sorry :(.

I too have thoughts EVERY two weeks like around bfn time like finallyttc. Sometimes, I want to just focus on one but DH really wants two and of course he wants a boy. That is a lot of pressure. Sometimes, I am just ready to watch her grow and get older! I can move on from this two increment thing too. I can get off this site and start focusing on me a little more again not on the calendar. Yep, totally get all of those emotions. I think our limit is 41 and we are done. That is just too long and personally for me too many health risk to conceive again for a healthy baby (just me though). I'm in the medical field and it all (risks of chromosome abnormalities) scares me to death. Dh feels the same way about that.

It is so sad to hear women that want to or have to give up because of age..just doesn't seem right to me! Most women I know in their 40's and ttc would be the BEST mom's and every child deserves that!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luvsdogs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Tiff- I hear ya on wasted time... I am trying unsuccessfully to wean myself from the Internet for 2 1/2 weeks! At least dd is napping so i am not online with her plopped in front of the tv or something. I work parttime and she and i have joined a couple of fun Mommy and Me kind of playgroups recently but i still feel like too much focus is on ttc. Dh doesnt want to think about a timeline yet as we are only 3 cycles back in the game. Well, i am 15 dpo and just got another bfn. AF is a day late. My lp is always 14 days long so I don't know what's up? I am out of tests again (ic's were gone a few days ago!) and the new 3 pack of frer's are now too. I will not by anymore! Geesh it's like a bad addiction! Glad I am out actually! Now when the heck is AF getting here? Any ideas appreciated! I know when i o'd. Gl to u and ER and to all in their 2ww!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
Baby Gavin went to heaven 21.6 weeks Trisomy 18
CP's Feb 2013, May 2013, Aug, 2013
Femara, Ovidrel, and timed bd cycles-
Oct= bfn follie sizes 18, 15, 3@14
Nov= 3 nice follies at 20, 22, 22 (also a 15 and 14) BFN :(
End Nov= follie sizes 20, 18, 16, 14.
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:29 am

Luvs, gosh usually when you know when you O af should be 12-14days later. However, I did have a cycle that I thought I O'd and then I ended up getting another pos OPK when I was supposed to start af. Therefore cycle was 39days long :(. Really frustrating! I do hope you got af today.
It is VERY hard to stay off of this site...it is addicting. Good luck..obviously I fail continously in this area and am on here every week day. I have gotten myself to the point where I will rarely reply on my off time..improvement from the previous two years...haha!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 40s