Post here if you have been over 40 and PREGNANT!!!!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Post here if you have been over 40 and PREGNANT!!!!

Postby momoftreasures » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm

I need to add that I am not on an island by myself here. I am surrounded by women who have conceived naturally in their 40s. At least 5 other moms in my church, and it's a small church, had their last well into their 40s. One of them just had her 10th at 48. Her last 5 children were conceived after 40 naturally. I don't doubt for a minute that it's possible - God has surrounded me with proof!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MyMoodyMuse » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:03 am

Hi. I was here in 2011, while trying to conceive my son (who will be one on February 27th). It took us four tries to get pregnant. I was 40. I have another biological child. She will be 13 this year. I have not been pregnant outside of those two pregnancies. My husband and I will be trying again this year, we think in October. I'm not sure what to expect. I am just optimistic. I will be 42 this May. :)
Me: 41/ DH: 42 / DD: 12 / DS: 1
My Ovulation Chart
MyMoodyMuse
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tammylynn1230 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi, I turned 40 y/o on Dec 30th of 2012 and had a tubal reversal earlier that month on Dec 13th. We have been TTC for two months. I got my BFP on Thurs ( faint line) and then a "pregnant" on the digi Sat morning.
We used pre seed and OPK Clear Blue Digital. I have been on prenatals since Nov 2012 and I cut most of all my caffeine out of my diet. My cycles are 30-32 days long, may day 3 FSH was 8 when I was tested for it in Oct.
Also my RE had me take a extra 1/2 dose of my thryoid pill every sunday for the past month to try and ensure a good thryroid level for early pregnancy.

I had my first betas drawn today and go for my first OB appt this weds, praying for a very healthy and sticky lil bean :)
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Leigh13 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:37 am

Just got a BFP and I just turned 44. Will find out in coming weeks if it will m/c. I have 1 son born when I was 39 3/4 and one m/c prior to that.
Leigh13
Friend

Postby samandmarysmom » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:42 pm

I got prg naturally with my dd at 41 and gave birth at 42. It took 3 months to get prg. I am now 44 ttc #3 (I also have a 10 yr old ds).

I feel that it is entirely possible for it to happen again, despite my so-called AMA status.
samandmarysmom
Friend

Postby halifax41 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:35 am

Hi I have been pregnant 8 times over age 40 (currently 7 weeks pregnant but expecting another M/C). I had a loss at 18 weeks at age 41 (Triploidy), 3 M/C ( 2 at 11 weeks and one at 7 weeks), 2 chemical pregnancies, and one successful pregnancy at age 45 (pregnant at 44, delivered healthy boy at age 45). I am now 46 and if this current pregnancy does M/C (I am currently spotting)...I will keep TTC a little brother or sister for our little guy (who is now 14 months old). All have been natural conceptions. I have had both worse and better luck than the average woman my age.
Me- 46 DH- 45 DS 1
:angel: girl on July 2008 at 19 weeks, Triploidy.
:angel: May 2010 MM/C @11 weeks
Aug 2010 "chemical"
:angel: October 2010 M/C @ 7 weeks.

:angel: :angel: Feb 2011 MM/C @ 10 weeks, this time twins.
July 2011 "chemical"
+HPT Sept 27/2011
Finally success, baby boy arrived June 08/2012, born after 37 hours of labor and unexpected c-section.
halifax41
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby krisfris » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:44 am

I have been full circle with the fertility spectrum. with both my DD (age 18) and my DS (age 11), Im pretty sure all I did was think of sex and got pregnant. I got pregnant so easily, and had relatively seamless pregnancies that in 2005 i carried my friends fertilized egg for her (gestational surrogacy).

In 2007 - I met my current SO. He is 14 years older than me and
I will be 44 in October.

From 2008-2011 I had 6 miscarriages - the last one ending with a d & c at 10 weeks. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS as well as thyroiditis. I had 4 cysts on my left ovary and 3 on my right ovary.

I had decided to call it quits all together lAst year after my endocrinologist told me my FSH was over 18 and my ovarian reserve appeared to be finished.

About 4 months ago, I started taking Endopure Pro. Then in July, i started bleeding every time we had intercourse. I went back to the doctor and apparently my cysts were completely gone and the bleeding was. Result of the last cyst bursting. Then last month I felt sick to my stomach -SO insisted I do an ept and sure enough it came up as a BFP. Unfortunately, I had stopped taking the endopure pro on day 21 as recommended and it was too late to "catch" the pregnancy and increase my progesterone levels.

I am now taking Maca, prenatals, Vit d 3, folic acid and vit bs .

Im somewhat torn bc i had resigned myself to not being able to get pregnant again and i feel like I went through a mourning period. I'm not sure how to mentally or emotionally proceed with this renewed possibility.

SO is of the opinion if it happens it happens - he doesnt want to have any medical influence on the process. This is partly to do with what he had gone through w wife #1 who couldnt conceive and they ended up adopting 2 children . (Which presents an entire other host of issues if we had our "own" bio child)

Anyhoo- will keep you posted. You are all a great inspiration. Sending everyone tons of fertility vibes
krisfris

Postby BlackAngelPlayah » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:24 am

I'm not in my 40s yet, so sorry for intruding. But I feel closer to the 40s than the 30s! (I'm 36.) I'm not going to post here much, but after reading your posts, I had to tell you all how much hope you have given me!! I've been trying so long and with each passing year, I feel like my time running out!! But you all have renewed my hope and helped me to keep going. I still have a little time left. :)

Thank you, ladies. :hb:
Image Image Image Image
http://TheBabyChronicles-BlackAngel.blogspot.com

Me: 36, Super irregular cycles, possible PCOS
DH: 57, Recently diagnosed with Prostate Cancer :( , Has Chosen watchful waiting
TTC #1 :baby:
BlackAngelPlayah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Clementine37 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 am

I'm 44 and have been pregnant twice at 44. The first was in August after 11 months of trying. This ended in m/c at 6 weeks. I am now currently 12 weeks pregnant and everything is going great! I feel good, no complications and all testing so far has been normal.
Me: 45
DH: 30
We have three sweet and wonderful boys

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby amandalentz » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:22 am

Hi. I am 3 months away from 40. I had my first baby at 21, perfect pregnancy, healthy baby boy. My second was born when I was 23, he has down syndrome (trisomy 21). Many medical issues, but he is now 16. Had another baby boy at 26, perfect healthy boy, then at 30 I finally got my girl. No issues there. I remarried in 2008 and had a baby girl with my new husband, no issues. At the age of 37 I got pregnant again, but found no heartbeat on valentine's day. I was devistated! It crushed me. But a little over a year later found out I was pregnant again at 38. At 4 months they told me my baby would not survive. Again I was crushed! I am no almost 40, I just want one more baby before I can't have anymore. We have been ttc for about 5 mos. People might look at me and think I am being selfish because I already have 5 children, but I feel like this is what I am meant to do. I love being pregnant, I love my babies, I love being mommy. Right now I am 5 dpo and the suspense is killing me. I guess it's support I'm looking for. I'm feeling really judged by everyone except my husband and parents for trying at such a late age.
amandalentz
Friend

Postby tammylynn1230 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi Amanda! I am wishing you the best of luck! You are not selfish, or crazy, or any other word stupid people use when you tell them your are TTC. I am going to be 42 on Dec 30 and I have 3 kids from my first marriage, my oldest is going to be 25 in Febuary ( talk about an age gap!) and I have had many of those snarky remarks but nobody can take your light away! We are all in this together! I think having a baby at any age is a wonerful blessing!

There are some of us ttc on the over 40 board, come in join us!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amandalentz » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:09 pm

I will do that, and thank you so much for the encouraging words! Makes me feel so much better that I am not alone!
amandalentz
Friend

Postby cin1720 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi everyone!
Here to say I've been pregnant at 40. I went thru our very 1st IVF 5 years ago, had 9 eggs, only 1 made it to transfer, and she is currently our little crazy girl running around! Just proves numbers really don't mean anything. I only wish I had realized that before obsessing and comparing SO much.
We tried 2 more IVFs and serveral IUIs between then that failed, and here I am on 4dp3dt of our 4th IVF and final attempt!! I am 45 years old, ugh :/, but I am hopeful with a TON of dietary and lifestyle changes I've made. So we'll see. It's hard to believe I'm actually sitting here doing the TWW deal again. Yikes! So excited and so nervous!
cin1720

Postby beelady » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 am

Good luck cin, kmfx for a bfp.

I had DD2 when I was 40, and DS2 when I was 45. I have had 2 mmc this year, one was at 9 weeks when I was 47, and one at 5.5 weeks when I was 48. We are trying again and I have been prescribed progesterone. I am kmfx but if I have another mc we will not try again.

My mum had 5 children in her 40`s and was 49 when she had my youngest sister.

Good Luck and Baby Dust to everyone!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kayben » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:35 am

Hi,
I have 8 children , oldest is 18 and youngest will be 5 in February. I had one miscarriage between the 7th and 8th. I was 40 When my DD was born and all went perfectly fine. I didn't use anything to conceive.. I declined any kind of early testing with all of the kids. I figured since we wouldn't do anything if something was wrong we would just wait for the ultrasounds. We are now ttc #9 and I am 45 years old. I am thinking I need to do some serious rethinking of the process as apparently I was not really aware of all the trouble with late conception other than the constant reminder of the possibility of downs. Baby dust to all and thank you for all of your combined hope and the support that surrounds the women on here, other than my own family, the understanding is non existent...Hoping to spend a lot more time figuring this all out with you ladies.. Currently wondering about progesterone... I am on cd15 and what i believe to be 2dpo;)
ME 45, DH 45 parents to our 8 amazing kids:
DD18,DS17,DD14,DD12
DD10,DD8,
DS7,DD5
angel baby in heaven mc mother's day 2009
kayben
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s