Consultation over the internet?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Consultation over the internet?

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 am

Ok I am probably just getting desperate after my BFN on DPO13 after another failed IUI but on the weekend I was scouring the internet looking for the "miracle cure" to my infertility and I came across this consulting option...
I am really thinking of trying it out, has anyone used it? It's $65.00 here's what they say:

Do you feel as though you have no idea where to begin, but feel you need to make changes in your life to improve your fertility? Perhaps you have already made some natural fertility changes, but you are wondering if your supplement and herb choices are right for you? A Natural Fertility Consultation is the cornerstone of your Natural Fertility Program! Our Master Herbalists care about you, and want nothing more than to help you achieve a healthy, fertile body.
Our Natural Fertility Consultations provide you with a personalized written guide to the best natural therapies, herbs and supplements for your unique fertility needs. Do you want to learn how to support your uterine, ovarian or fallopian tube health or other fertility issues? Maybe you want to prepare for your upcoming IVF, or boost your overall fertility in preparation for pregnancy. If so, our written consultations are for you!

What Our Natural Fertility Consultations Provide for You...
•A comprehensive, personalized holistic healing approach to your fertility needs.
•Step-by-step guide to the best diet tips, exercise, natural therapies, herbs, supplements and stress reduction techniques for your fertility needs.
•A 3-6 month quick guide to keep your program organized.Daily support for questions regarding your consultation via email.
•A review of your consultation at one and three months post-consultation.
•Support to help keep you on your program.

http://www.naturalfertilityshop.com/product-p/fc2.htm

What do you think? Do you think they are going to sell me supplements from their website and I should just use the $65.00 towards that? Or do you feel going to a naturopath would be more beneficial? I am just taking these vitamins and herbs and I have no idea if they are helping or hindering TTC
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Consultation over the internet?

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 am

TTC, hum...... good question. my 2 cents, I dont know if I would spend money for something like that over the internet, but then again I prefer the face to face interaction. Here is a thought, when I went for acupuncture I found her to be VERY knowledgable on supplements so you may want to look into that, just make sure to go with a highly recommended fertility acupuncurist if you decide to go that route. Hugs to you.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 am

I don't think I would do that either. I need to "feel" a person out before I can trust them..if that makes any sense. And, you just never know if it is a scam or not. Sorry not more positive about it for you:(.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:29 pm

No problem and thank you for the feedback. It did prompt me to look at an alternative Natural Fertility Consultaion and I found a place in Toronto that looks promising (and in person).
Www.fertilitycareclinic.ca
I'm going to do more research and perhaps consider checking it out.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 40s