Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Magic Cycle Part 3! All welcome!

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:22 am

Continuation of previous thread.....
SimoneTTC

Re: Magic Cycle Part 3! All welcome!

Postby rocky's mom » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:12 am

Shanessa, thanks for the welcome!

Second Chance, thanks for your thoughts and suggestions on pinpointing ovulation day. I think you're right. If it takes the sperm at least 12 hours to get to its destination, I may have missed that window. Technically, we first bd'd on CD13 (since it was past midnight already). However, as early as CD11, my OPK was already turning out negative. I tried testing 2x a day until CD15, but they still came up negative. So I will take your suggestion to test early (CD9) and 2x a day. If only there's a device that would take the guesswork out of all this--as in really tell us the exact day and hour we will be ovulating, that would be a tremendous help :)

Hoopla, thanks for the encouragement! I'm really counting on Preseed and EPO to work for us. I'm a bit hesitant to go and see an RE as I already know the next measures they will recommend (IUI or IVF). This cycle will be even more challenging for us as I'm working the second shift (3-11pm). I may need a megadose of multivitamins to stay active and awake and do what has to be done! Good luck to us! :)

I'm excited for all of you and praying hard that your faith and determination will soon be rewarded.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:47 am

Hi all, I hope everyone is well. Where is everyone in their cycle?

AFM Day 4 .. still upset and depressed but I made an appt to see RE on Sept. 24 and also researching some Naturopath Fertility Consultants in Toronto. I found one that looks really promising and actually trained with the person who wrote the Infertility Cure (http://www.amazon.ca/The-Infertility-Cu ... 0316172294). I read the book awhile ago before going to RE but just decided to take the "easy way" and let the doc do all the work. I am finding comfort in looking at an alternative to my RE as I am sure all he is going to say is we need to go through IVF treatments and unless my DH says we will go in even more debt to do a treatment with no guarantees, I think this option is out for us. Plus I have always been one to shy away from drugs and try to do things naturally but when the clock is ticking you tend to get a bit desperate.

I am very dogmatic and do not give up once I want something .... I just want to ensure I am doing everything I possibly can (short of IVF) to have another baby ... then if it doesn't happen I will not have any regrets. Does any of this make sense to anyone? Or is it just ramblings of an obsessed over 40 women TTC?
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 am

Hoopla, thanks for the information on your journey. That is hopeful and helpful! Looking forward to hearing of your beta!!!!

ttc...glad you are back :)! I am so sorry about outcome of IUI. And, of course you do NOT sound like you are rambling at all. We all totally get everything you said and are in the same boat. I don't want any regrets either before I quit this process. Only you know what that looks like for YOU. We are here to support you the entire way.

afm..cd7. Last dose Clomid tonight! To O next weekend!
Going to visit stepdad and mom this weekend before he starts his chemo next week.

You guys have a great weekend!!!!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Hello Everyone,

Rocky's mom -I read on WebMD that fast sperm can reach the egg in as little as 30 minutes, while slower moving sperm can take a couple of days. This was the first time I read this.... I always thought it took about 3-4 hours to reach the egg..... Still a bit of a mystery, I suppose! So, maybe you did indeed catch that window!! Hope so.

TTC#2 -So glad to hear that you have found a new plan and that you are moving forward!! I know this journey can really take a toll on us -emotionally and financially! I wish you well in your next steps!! I think it makes perfect sense to put it all in at this point so to speak. Hope you catch the golden egg soon!

Tiffany -I hope your family visit goes well. This must be so hard on everyone. Hoping your family hears some good news soon!!

AFM -my beta went from 235 to 576 in 48 hours... Looks good for the moment. I go in for my ultrasound in 10 days. Hoping to see a heartbeat! Nervous.

M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Hoopla, CONGRATS on Beta!!! That is PERFECT! No need to be nervous..you will def see your little bean's heartbeat just beating away :).
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby earthweave » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 am

Hello - remember me? Sorry - it's been a few weeks. Another whole cycle and another BFN. I'm afraid to say I wont be on here much any more - we are no longer TTC. I'm just too old and the chances of getting pregnant, sustaining a pregnancy and then having a healthy baby at the end of it are dwindling at an alarming rate. It's been such a hard few years and the pain of continuing seems to get worse and the pointlessness greater. So for us, we decided to stop. I hope you all get your lovely babies. Take care all,

B
earthweave
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am

Earthweave, good luck to you it has been a pleasure getting to know u and thank you for sharing your journey with us. Although it is very sad to see you go, I'm sure it would b too painful to stay. I'm terrible at goodbyes, so until we meet again.......
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 am

Hi ladies.

Just touching base really quickly.

Earthweave - completely understand where you are at. Good luck and at least you get to go back to enjoying life instead of feeling like you are in a holding pattern.

Hoopla - great numbers. I knew your beta would be good. Onto the next step....Your u/s is going to reveal a strong, solid little heartbeat.

TTC - glad that you are back and have a plan of action. I know that helped me deal with the last disappointment. Definitely give it all you have. If you find out about any nice little tidbits on the natural path please do share. I will do likewise. I think I already posted the link to one of the sites that I am using, but here it is again (http://natural-fertility-info.com/natur ... ity-expert). Hope is helpful to you and anyone else.

Tiff - how did the visit with stepdad go? Hope things are looking up on that end.

Hello to everyone else!

AFM - Still on the mend but hanging in there. Lost 5 pounds...so not all bad. :) First day back to work today and feeling a little queasy but hopefully it will pass.

My MIL keeps asking me if I am sure I am not pregnant. If only..... Maybe this was a warm up episode. :shock:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:09 am

HI ladies!!!

B, so sad to see you go..but I so understand. We will miss you. I wish you the very best in life! ENJOY my friend!

shanessa, 5pounds whoo hoo! A trail run is always good! Thanks for link.

empire, (Jules is this you???) we are on the same side of this tww. hope we both catch that egg this time!! The Clomid has been pretty good to me so far this cycle..not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing??? Hopefully, it is a positive sign!

ttc...I am upping my dose of the CoQ10 everyday I get closer to the big O. Not sure why but I am at 400 this week...guess it makes me think I am doing somethign more :). I will stop at 500. Read 600 was optimal.

Hoopla, can't wait for update on ob visit!

afm, we did go to OK to visit stepdad and mom on Saturday. DD did so great in the car this time..I can't beleive it. We must have left at the right time for the drive. She slept two hours on the way there and 1.5hours on the way back...it is 3.5hour drive. It was the least stressful trip we have had yet as far as that was concerend. I think my parents are still in shock and in the denial stage :(. They just seem unprepared to me. They have a car in the garage (their only car at the moment) that has terrible tires on it. They are waiting for their "friend" to find them a car so they can sale this one and buy a new one and they don't want to put the money into the car for new tires. Okay, to me that just seems (Sorry) stupid! Who knows what could happen when my stepdad starts chemo and my mom will be driivng around in a car that is unreliable..are you kidding me. It is very frustrating and scary to me! But, there is nothing I can do. I understand waiting for a good deal..but this is not the time to be "waiting". If it were me, i would have all my ducks in a row and be so overprepared for the inevitable or emergency it would be insane. I just wouldn't want any extra stress during this already STRESSFUL time that is completely unknown how it will end. And of course I am an only child so I will be the one to help pick up the pieces. My stepdad does have two children but they aren't very involved in his life. ARRGGHHH! :doh:
Anyway, sorry to vent there. The visit went well..my mom was VERY APPRECIATIVE and was so glad we came. Caylee laughed with her and played with her so it was really good.
cd10 here, I will start using OPK's tomorrow. Not sure whether to start the bd marathon tonight or wait another day???? It can be exhausting by day 7, you know ;)
Last edited by tiffanynp on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rocky's mom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:04 am

Happy Monday, ladies!

Things are looking pretty good for all of us.

Hoopla -- although I am not yet well-versed in the area of beta/HCG tests, I can see that you're well on your way to a healthy pregnancy. I'll be praying for you.

TTC -- I can very well relate to your thoughts and sentiments about doing everything humanly possible to conceive. Like you, I have also decided that IVF is not an option for me. Sometimes I start to think whether I should be setting a deadline for myself. But the thought that it will happen (soon I hope) keeps me forging ahead. In the end, no matter what happens, I should just take comfort in the thought that I had already been blessed with a child and experienced the joys of motherhood early in life.

Tiff -- I hope your new round of Clomid-E-P brings favorable results.

I got a positive OPK result yesterday, CD9 (thanks for the tip, Empire Rose). Strangely, I seem to be ovulating earlier than usual. Really hoping the Preseed-EPO-lemon juice combo helps in CM production.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 am

rocky, WOW cd9 and a smiley...that is AWESOME! Did you do another OPK this morning? I always do them until they turn negative (POAS addict). Hoping it is YOUR month. Have you noticed any changes in your cm so far with the help of epo..of course once you use the preeseed it is hard to tell. I know the EPO helped me when I took it before. And we used pre-seed when we concieved Caylee too. FX for you that you are catching that egg!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:43 am

Empire, maybe that is a good thing on the no lines on this cycle and now a faint!! Maybe those supps are going to do the trick!!! FX!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 am

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing well.

EmpireRose, I thought that was you LJ but I didn't want to say anything in case it wasn't.

Shanessa, 5 lbs lost is great! They say if you can lose 10% of your body weight than you are that much closer to getting a BFP ... I've lost 26 lbs since January and although no BFP it is a great motivator and I feel so much better and my self esteem has gone up so all in all is it a really positive thing for me.

Hi Rockysmum ... so glad you are joining us.

Where are Tiff and Jano? Perhaps taking some time off?

Good and bad news ... first the bad news .. I posted a new topic called RE consultation in the TTC in 40s for my latest disappointment, please read and comment if you can. As for the good news, I got my "presciption plan" from my naturopath (she trained with Randine Lewis the author of The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program For Getting Pregnant And Having Healthy Babies and the Fertile Soul) so she made up a plan of herbs and supplements to take after reviewing my initial bloodwork from RE, sonohysterograph and BBT charts over the last 6 months. I also had to complete like over 100 questions everything from "when I first got my period" to "do you have cold feet at night" ... really strange questions but also Eastern Medicine looks at the overall picture vs the the specific issues. We are concentraing on my Kidney Deficiency and Spleen Dificiency so basically egg quality, implantaion and miscarriage prevention (the obvious). She is really promoting Royal Jelly from Bee Alive Brand (1 capsule daily) or GloryBee Brand (2 capsules daily). Also I am going to do a new post about C0EnzymeQ10 in TTC in our 40s for some new updated info ... Shane take a look please.

Lastly, to help with stress I have ordered the Bend, Breath and Concieve yoga DVD, any one try it? I know that in the past Yoga has always been great exercise and a calming effect to help me reduce stress and put what is important back into prespective so all I can say is OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM :roll: yes I am the only one who usually laughs at my jokes.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:27 am

Hello ladies:

I hope this message finds everyone doing well.

You may recall me mentioning the health issues DH was following up on. Without going into detail, his issues could be serious, perhaps cancerous. :cry: We are following up on some testing and are of course praying that all results are benign. In any event, we will be shifting our focus from ttc to trying to get healthy. I will likely not be weighing in very often since I will not be able to add anything of relevant value to the conversations but I also didn't just want to disappear on you wonderful ladies. I will continue to lurk from time to time and if I can provide any insights I will but between this health scare and a new work position I will be taking on, I will have less time to do so. With God's blessing, this will be a short hiccup in our lives and we can resume our pursuit of extending our family but this will likely not happen until next year at the earliest. By that time, I expect you all to be wallowing in your new found pregnancies. :) In the meantime, since I can only serve in a supportive role as DH goes through this ordeal, I will also continue to work on improving my body (weight loss (the stress should do it), supplementation, fertility massage, etc.) so that in the event that this does turn out to be a minor event (but major scare) we will be prepared to proceed. I will provide an update down the road....

Thank you ladies for all of the support and encouraging messages you have shared with me since I came out of lurking. Good luck :sticky: :babydustb: and God Bless! :hb: (This sounds so much like goodbye but I will lurk and return when I can).
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s