Magic Cycle Part 3! All welcome!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Magic Cycle Part 3! All welcome!

Postby rocky's mom » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 am

TTC - I wish you the best as you embark on a new, more natural program. I agree with your decision to explore other avenues aside from what your RE has recommended. It is always wise to seek other options and opinions. This is the reason why I'm also reluctant to proceed to an RE after a few failed rounds of Clomid. It seems they're always so quick to push IVF and IUI for cases of unexplained infertility.

Shanessa - I hope for the quick resolution of your DH's health issues. You are doing well in focusing on what's more immediate and important at the moment. Just believe in God's perfect timing and use the break to recharge your mind and body.

Tiff - I didn't do another OPK anymore after I got the positive result. On CD8, I tested and it was still negative, so I assume that the + on CD9 is pretty conclusive (I hope). I did notice an improvement in the quality and quantity of my CM. In fact, I noticed I had CM earlier than usual and in consistencies I have not noticed in many years. So I'm assuming EPO is helping me in this area. Also, my BBT rose significantly this morning (CD12), which, I suppose, means that I had already ovulated. Again, this is strange and a bit too early as my BBT usually climbs on CD15 or 16. Oh well... Now I'm on to my TWW. I think we're about on the same day in our cycle. Let's root for each other :)
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 am

Empire, AWESOME on the surge!! And, yes those supps didn't mess with your cycle at all!! SO COOL and exciting. Cycle lucky #9, here you come bfp!!!

ttc, WOW..it sounds like you are really moving forward with all kinds of great stuff! maybe it is exactly what your body needs to get that bfp.

Rocky, Yes, it sounds like you def O'd on cd11..that is PERFECT! FX for you dear!

shanessa, I'm SO SORRY about this scare in your life and do hope it is just a scare and not reality :(. I really enjoy your posts and you will be highly missed in your time away. Praying for you!

afm..cd12here, no pos OPK yet. Should be this afternoon or the next two days. Hoping today! In the midst of the bd marathon and my 43 year old dh is getting worn out :(. Cmon O!!!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:51 am

shanessa, you take care of your family and I hope your DH health issues turn around. Please drop by and keep in touch as time permits.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 am

ER looks like you O'd on CD15 according to your chart. Do you test with OPKs once a day? At what time?

AFM I always chart at 6:30 p.m. when giving my son a bath and so far have always caught my LH surge.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rocky's mom » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 am

Empire Rose - that seems similar to what happened to me last cycle. Using ICs, I started testing on CD11 and continued testing until CD15 (on some days, even 2x) but never got a positive result. But I was pretty sure I ovulated on CD12 or 13 based on the slight pains I felt. My BBT also rose on CD14. So I just assumed that I tested too late and thus missed the surge.

But this cycle I started testing early (CD8) and got a + on CD9. I wonder how reliable these ICs are. When I was using the store-bought OPK, I almost always got a + on the first or second day of testing. But that's great that you ovulated based on the temp spike. We're now on our two-week-wait.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 am

HI Everyone
Happy Friday

Just wanted to pop in real quick so you didnt think I fell off the face of the earth. Its been a crazy last week. I will try to get online and read up on how everyone is doing. I am still alive and kicking... Just been slammed and CRAZY busy..... Quick update on me, I am now 10 DPO and temps still high, so hopeful but not expecting it to be my month due to my long cycle and BD pattern.

I promise to catch up and send out my thoughts to everyone hopefully this weekend. :)

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 am

Empire, looks like you def O'd on cd15..AWESOME!

Sometimes I do wonder about the ic's. When I tested with smiley face and OPK; the smiley face was pos the night before the ic showed. So, I don't know. I think we are just best to cover our bases with bd around the time we ovulate and hopefully get confirmation with OPK and temp!

afm...OPK was darker this morning. Hoping for pos this afternoon. Guess since delivery I now O on cd16 instead of cd14 like before pregnancy. Very strange but becoming consitent with late O. Hoping that doesn't mean anything bad. Anyway, we have been bding like crazy and will continue thru the weekend. Hoping to be 1dpo on 10/1!

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rocky's mom » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Empire Rose - I am now 5dpo if I indeed ovulated on cd11. Yes it seems like several among us are in the 2ww. No
Symptoms so far; but trying to keep the faith.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 am

My hooha is SO SORE! I am having to drink water like crazy today to avoid a UTI...haha! I am SO GLAD that bd marathon is OVER. Dh ever is sore :(. Anway, here we sit...tww......

Empire, I bet you start on 8dpo!!

Hope everyone else is doing good!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 am

Empire...I am better today..hooha and all :rofl:

How are those test strips coming???
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:40 am

ER I would definately go by your BBT not the OPKs.

I am so confused this cycle, I need everyone's advice if I am being paranoid.... AF came Sept. 18 for the typical 4-5 days BUT I was still brown spotting until Day 8 .. enough to have to use a panyliner only (which never happens)... then I start my OPKs Day 11 and get a faint line so I am thinking I will O on Day 13 or 14 but I have not had a positive OPK yet and it is Day 16! I always O Day 13 or Day 15 without fail and I am getting nervous. Now granted I have had a VERY STRESSFUL week right after AF with RE telling me about donor eggs and work was crazy stressful last week could that be the reason for a delayed O? Am I paranoid? Ok I am paranoid because that prompted me to look into perimenopause because I have been irritable, less patient, I have acne like a 15 year old this cycle (this doesn't usually happen until close to AF), and everytime I start to heat up I am thinking hot flash (meanwhile I am in the kitchen cooking over a hot stove) :roll: I blame all this paranoia on my RE telling me I am too old and need to use donor eggs to become pregnant. Please someone tell me that I am having an out-of-the-ordinary cycle and this has happened to them before. :? Anyways took last night off from BD but will get back at it tonight.... BTW my OPK lines are getting darker each day (that is new too ... I usually only have a postive OPK then the line fades - maybe one fainted line prior but never 5 consecutive days of fainted lines gradually getting darker)

How is everyone else doing, where is everyone in their cycle?

Has anyone heard from Janovich?
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 am

E.R., I think it is the tests..gotta go get different kind and they will have the TWO pink lines..haha! I am sorry for the bfn's :(. Still early as you know ;).

ttc...I would bet all of that stress with the last cycle would def delay your O and would make you overthink any perimenopausal symptom you could possibly have (the same one 20 year olds have too). Hey, the delay in your O might be the thing you need for the RIGHT egg to grow :). You also recently started supplements; those too could be causing side effects (perimenopausal symptoms) or delay in O. However, I do think it is from the stress. Two cycles ago I had a 39day cycle..it was totally messed up so YES, it does happen and NO you are not crazy!!
Also, I do have OPK's every month that lead up to darker. That is normal for me. When I got one pos, that was the cycle that was 39days. You are bd appropriately so good grief all kinds of sperm are up there waiting for that one RIGHT beautiful egg to drop so it can become one :)!

afm...this is the first cycle I haven't really had any uterine "cramping" after O or now. That SCARES ME..makes me think nothing is happening or happened :shock: . Ready for next week to be here so I can begin testing and move on! Dh and I did discuss we would stop meds until HE freaks out that we are not preggos. He says he will do that if we aren't preg by Dec. So, plan today and this month is to go drug free for a few months. Yes, I said that last month but you always gotta keep a plan in mind :doh:
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 am

Hi all, I wanted to sent out a big THANK YOU to everyone for their support. It seems the darkest line I got was on CD 16 then it just got fainter on CD 17, I had a little temp surg this morning (CD18) but I did wake with a barometric headache and my son was up 2x last night with perhaps nightmares (not us he isn't talking yet but that's what my mommy radar tells me). So I guess I'll see if my temp stays up. Thank you to those of you who suggested the new supplements from my new Fertility Naturopath may be the cause of the delayed O, through my paranoid state, I didn't even take that into account and my body HATES any changes and goes all out of whack. Due to the supplements and my DH getting a stop snoring mouth guard I have actually got more than 3 hours sleep in a row so my temp is lower than normal also. All of these changes (and my stress from RE and job) must all me contributing to this whacky cycle. THANK YOU ALL for your input, I now feel better and less paranoid (although I'll feel much better once I O)' although we haven't BD the last 2 days so All the BDing done previously may be for nothing (but pleasure of course :D ).

I hope all my Canuk friends out there have a happy thanksgiving!

I'll be on tomorrow anyways, who am I kidding, I can't go for too long without at least stalking the site lol
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 am

Empire...hoping that cramping is a good thing...fx!!!

ttc..glad you are figuring it all out. You def have a lot going on. I say, just keep bding everyohter day and it may surprise you with a bfp :)!!!

afm..5dpo and still a whole lotta nothing! Prob not a good thing :(. This is how unmotivated I am about this cycle too...I still haven't looked to see how many hpt tests I have to figure out when I can start testing. So, not like me. I do know that my brain is the clouds..I have done some stupid crap the last two days. Hopefully, that is something.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Empire, your chart is looking AWESOME!!!

Yeah, I got nothin to report :(. No symptoms, no nothing :(
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s