Magic Cycle Part 3! All welcome!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Magic Cycle Part 3! All welcome!

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:47 am

Rocky's Mom - we all know how you are feeling! You do everything right with timing, supplements and taking care of your self and your prize is a BFN. Keep your chin up (easier said than done, I know) and believe in your body. I have been on this site long enough to see a lot more BFP than I ever thought possible on the over 40 forum. I keep coming back daily for the support from these wonderful women on this over 40 forum. I feel, in my life, these women are my support group as no one IRL understands the ups and downs of TTC. Nor do they understand the determination and need of having a second child (especially at 42).

Tiff, that is so wonderful I am so happy for you seeing all those BFP and so green with envy LOL ... I hope you will drop in every now and then to give us updates! Or better yet, don't leave LOL

ER sorry about AF, but look there is yet another BFP on this forum! That's what is keeping me going.

AFM, I am on DPO 7 (I think, as this is the first month I never recorded a +OPK, but now that Tiff mentioned it ... I truly believe it was the supplements because when I got them I was so excited, I started them on Day 12 .... DOH ... I should have waited until the next cycle!!) Oh well one great thing about the supllements is that I have never slept so well in my LIFE. My anxiety is down, Stress down, I'm rested ... I've been depressed but I don't know if that is due to hormones responding to supplements or dealing with RE disappointing appt.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:27 am

Hi ladies. Been away for awhile :lurk: and what do I read when I finally check in?

TIFF - OHMIGOD!!! :omg: Absolutely awesome news!! :happyforyou: :yay: :balloons: :kiss: :cong: :ptl: They just don't have enough Emoticons to express my joy for you! :D Way to catch that egg!!! The nausea is a wonderful sign. :congrats: I hope you barf your beautiful little heart out for the next 8-9 weeks! :lol: I am so envious of you! :mrgreen: :hh9:

(don't read this next part Tiff)

Hoopla - I am so sorry for the ordeal you are going through. :hugs: You sound like you are handling it well though. You are one very strong lady. I remember my blighted ovum pregnancy and I just kept thinking that it was just that the baby wasn't positioned right for them to hear a heartbeat or see anything in the sac. Pure denial!! It is so hard. You work so long and hard to get that BFP and then Wham.

(Tiff - you can start reading again - :wink: )

Rocky - wouldn't it be nice if you could check all the boxes (BD'd - check, CM good - check) and we were guaranteed a little one? I am going to have a talk with GOD about it. :)

EOE - just have to keep plowing along.

AFM - Hubby is having a biopsy next Friday (my birthday :cake: ) so we should find out something soon on that front. I have my own medical issues. I still haven't completely gotten over the "stomach flu" I got in mid September. Not sure that is what it really is. So I too am undergoing some testing. Feels like we are running a damn triage center from my house. :doh: The good news is that I haven't puked since Sunday so maybe whatever it is is running its course. I lost 7 pounds too!

Went to see RE last week as a followup to my failed FET. We had a very long and detailed talk. He is flummoxed about why I am not pregnant. My blood levels are all good (AMH 1.7 btw), lining looked good on u/s and on HSG. He wants me to do one more IVF cycle but with PGD (genetic testing) so they can ensure that there is no issue with the genetic make up of the embryo. I am of two minds with this. One, I would hate to walk away without getting all the possible answers I could get but ... Two, I am not sure I want to live through the drugs again, the process takes so much out of me, it takes me away from my son and DH is not keen to do it again (he never was). In any case, I likely wont be doing anything this year. Becuase of the stomach thing, I had to stop taking all supplements. I started in June/July so the eggs forming now are probably improved but since DH is out of commission doesn't matter. :( I would so love to do it naturally again (like with DS). Before I make any decisions about a new IVF cycle (and try the impossible task of convincing DH :roll: ) I need to get back to my 3 month egg quality program so that the PGD will be on an improved batch of eggs. RE also wants me to retake the HSG. The one I did in 2010 showed that the tubes were open but convoluted. Left also showed very mild hydro. RE doesn't think the hydro is an issue an in fact he thinks it could have resolved itself. The HSG I will do regardless of the IVF decision. It will be good to know even for pursuing natural conception. However, first I want to spend some time with my self-fertility massages which is supposed to break up the adhesions (which cause the convolution).

I missed conversing with you understanding ladies. I made the mistake of telling my mom that I went to the RE (just slipped out :roll: ). I got the speech about letting ttc go and being happy I have the one child. :blah: She says she hates to see me get so down each time. I have opted not to talk about it too much with my mom (although we are so close and we usually talk about everything - twice a day) because I don't want it to effect her. Really I only talk about it with you guys so I have been holding a lot in the last few weeks so sorry about the long post. :D So that is my update and plan for the remainder of 2012. My little guy turns 5 on the 26th of this month. I am starting to worry about the age gap between him and a sibling. :(

Touch base again soon (will anyone still be here, I wonder? I hope not because you have all moved onto BFPville). :omg:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:36 am

It's so good to hear from you shanessa! I'm sorry to hear about the flu but I am glad your DH is moving towards getting the health issues resolved. I know it's hard for DH and mother (my mom says the same thing and she is still a mom who doesn't want to see her child hurt... we can relate) to understand what you are going through and I can totally relate to your DH's apprehension on trying another "new and costly" treatment. I also totally understand about the fertility drugs being so time consuming and taking you away from your family (if you are not going for bloodwork or U/S daily, then you are giving yourself needles and taking pills and you are CONSTANTLY reminded of TTC that it's smothering). Take this time away from TTC to concentrate on family and do some soul searching. The time away may be healing for you.

On a similiar note, my Fertility Naturopath stated that my issue with not being able TTC is that my body had gone through too much trauma in a short period of time (pregnancy, C section, 8 months later TTC agian with fertility drugs {2 needles + pills daily + trigger before O then 2 progesterone suppositories after O} then 2 IUIs and a MC then 6 failed IUIs with all the drugs ... this all happening in a matter of 21 months) and my body hasn't had a chance to heal or return to a balance state (if it ever even was balanced as we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility which NEVER sit well with me .. it's like oh well I don't know what's wrong, here is some drugs and try these some costly procedures). When I look at it this way .. it makes sense, I mean who could go through that much change/trauma in 21 months and expect to be pregnant again? So the moral of my long story is that time heals ... heals you physically, mentally and spiritually and perhaps that is what is needed right now.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:55 am

Shanessa, dear..so good to hear from you. I am so glad you share with us. Thank YOU for your strong CONGRATS on the bfp. I do admit I am nervous just because of all the bad things that happen to such wonderful women on this site after they work so hard to get that bfp. But, I keep telling myself if I don't know anything is wrong then I have to stay positive until I do. If something is wrong..there will be plenty of worry, negativity, emotions at that time to deal with :(. So, all of that to say..I am staying POSTIIVE and THANK YOU freind.
Sorry about the biopsy being on your birthday :(. But, maybe you will get a report of a BIG OLE NEGATIVE on your birthday too! FX!. Sorry about your stomach stuff too..that is a LONG time to have all of that going on. It does sound like you and dh both need to heal. The feeling like a triage in your house...that is usually the way it works isn't it :(. But, the good thing is...it ALWAYS CHANGES..it will get better dear! Rest, relax, and recover. Sending healing healthy vibes to your house from Texas!!!

ttc..thanks for your well wishes. I too can't say goodbye once I have felt connected to people. I feel it is my duty to see you thru your bfp and all these lovely ladies. So, I don't plan on going anywhere. And, good grief..when you say all that your body has been thru in 21months..holy moly..I am kind of shocked you are functioning. It is amazing to me what we do to our bodies and sometimes don't even realize it.

afm..12dpo..showing good progression on pee sticks. Having good symptoms still too. I had beta drawn this morning..waiting on results....waiting, waiting..waiting....

Have a LOVELY weekend ladies!!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Beta at 12dpo is 36..."median beta at 12dpo is 37"!!! YAY!!!
Stick baby stick!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 am

Has anyone experienced an anovulatory cycle? Any charting experts out there? Please take a look at my chart .... I'm FREAKING OUT here. This morning I has bright red (not brown) spotting after going to the washroom but the next time I went to the washroom there was nothing.

In all fairness I did have a very stressful time Day 7 through Day 10 of this cycle where my RE told me that my next course of action was to use DE or adoption ... that not only crushed me but stressed me out beyond belief and work was also very stressful at this time.

I also started new Fertility Naturopath plan of numerous supplements on Day 12 (just because I wasn't thinking straight and was so excited to have a new focus). My Naturopath stated I "have a slightly elevated androgen panel, which probably works to your benefit when it comes to egg quality For this reason however we definitely want to focus on certain aspects in your case when it comes to fertility, but having more androgens when you are over 40 is great in general. So along with this can go a slight propensity to having estrogen dominance as well, and insufficient progesterone. So what I'm working on here is egg quality, implantation, and miscarriage prevention."

Could this be an irregular cycle? Sorry for freaking out .... I'm jut really scared that I have run out of time!
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rocky's mom » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:23 am

TTC -- Thanks for your encouraging words as I struggled with yet another BFN. I'm not sure if my recent experience would help, but I would share it with you just the same. My July-August cycle seemed annovulatory, too, as my BBT didn't rise during the usual days (CD14-17). While it rose much later, it did only after I started using progesterone suppositories (CD24). I also had slight bleeding around CD18 or 19, which I thought then was implantation bleeding. I was on Clomid-Estrogen treatment that cycle, but postponed using the progesterone supps as I didn't see a spike in temps. I only started to use the supps on CD24 as I really thought I had implantation bleeding and was concerned I might suffer a miscarriage if I didn't use them. All the supps did was to prolong my cycle to 40 days and keep my temps up until AF arrived. Since I didn't use OPK that cycle, I wasn't sure if I ovulated at all. But judging from my BBT, it looks like I didn't. To think I was on Clomid that month. The whole thing kind of messed up my cycle and gave me false hopes. That is the reason why I have decided to take a leave from the Clomid-E-P regimen and TTC naturally for several months.

The naturopath's assessment of your system seems reasonable though. Trust that he/she is working out the most effective plan for you. I remain confident that we will all be blessed in God's perfect time.
rocky's mom
Friend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 am

HI Everyone,

sorry I have been away for a bit. I swear I just cant seem to get caught up and find the time to stay on top of everything.

I am only just beginning to read thru all the posts......... HOLY CRAP......... Tiff........ How AWESOME for you. BIG FAT CONGRATS TO YOU. :happyforyou: :D :D :D I know this has been a long and emotional road for you. So excited to see your BFP.

Hoopla, I am so very very sorry for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now. :hugs:

Shanessa- best of luck with everything you are dealing with right now. I will keep you in my thoughts.

TTC and Rockys mom- I to have been having crazy cycles that are FREAKING ME OUT. Last month my cycle was 44 days and I did not O until day 31. Which I have NEVER done in my life. Either my cycle is way to short or way to long and now this month I am on CD 14 and I am having light spot bleeding the last 3 days. I started taking quite a few new supplements back in July when this all started and I am now convinced all these supps have thrown my system off. All my life I have been normal 28-29 day cycles but since then its been a roller coaster. Just for your reference the supps I am taking are B6, Biotin, Lysine, Niacin, D3, COQ10, aspirin and a pre natal. I have decided to discontinue everything except what I was orignally taking which was the prenatal in hopes of getting myself back to normal. I will let you know how that goes. Aside from that, nothing else to report for me.

Happy Monday everyone- :)
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 am

Second chance...HI! Been wondering where you were! Glad you are here! It does sound like you were much more regular without supps. Good luck to you this month for return to normal!!
And THANK YOU SO MUCH for CONGRATS!! We are EXCITED!! Praying, PRAYING for healthy sticky bean!!

ttc, gosh you can't really tell from your chart if annovulatory cycle or not. I am not a charting expert but there isn't really an indication as to pos O or no pos O. You were under so much stress you may never know. When I did have an annovulatory cycle all that happend was I didn't get a pos opk and my cycle was longer by a few days.

Empire..aren't you Oing soon?? FX for you!

Oh good grief..now I am in edit mode because I forgot to tell you...beta 15dpo is 135!!!! YAY. It is up from 36 at 12dpo. VERY, VERY exciting!! :jump:
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 am

Well I want to thank everyone who participated and comforted me through my mini melt down over my shortened, no +OPK cycle. AF came in full force yesterday after some random spotting in the morning than WHAM she blindsided me. So I am quite happy to get that cycle over with and am actually happy to see AF. :shh: So day 2 for me and we can be cycle bodies ER this month lol. Well I am back to my old self and now I feel positive about this cycle. Anyone believe in fate/karma/etc. well if all goes to back to my normal cycle and I O Day 15 this month then I will O on the same day I did when I concieved my DS 3 years ago. Hey I need something to keep me going. I would surely welcome celebrating two birthdays in July!

Hi Second Chance, we missed you! I understand it is hard to find the time to post regularly.... we are here fo you when you need us!

Hi Tiff, thank you for the advice. Now that I am post mini meltdown, I am not sure this cycle was anovulation as my luteal phase was shorter (and my luteal phase is always 15 days) so what I was thinking is that perhaps I O'd day 12 but I didn't start my OPK's until Day 11 (and my OPK was quite dark for day11) so I am going to start OPK's this cycle Day 9 just to be sure. BTW you have been in my thoughts and I am praying for you to have a sticky one. I was mentioning you to my mom on the weekend, I told her that me RE is full of it because I am part of this wonderful group of ladies over 40 who are TTC and we have had a least 5 BFP since I joined in March .... out of approximately 12-15 women who are regularly posting I would say we are doing awesome!
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:51 am

ttc...awe so sweet of you to say :). You are right..that doc was COMPLETELY incorrect!!!
I am so glad you are moving on and out of that cycle!! Now, onto getting that bfp on the exact same day you got ds!!! Love stuff like this.
October is my lucky month. I met dh on October 1st and it went on to be the most fun, best month of my life! Good things seem to happen to me in October..so I get it!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Fittblonde » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Reading through some of the posts. I want to let you ladies know to not loose hope. I know personally how hard it is to stay positive and think positive thoughts. There are so many unknown factors in the TTC process. My doctor gave me less than a 5% chance of conceiving a normal fetus after TTC 2 years with my own eggs so he advised that we move onto an egg donor. So that is what my husband and I decided to do. We were all set to move on and to bring home a baby since our clinic had a 80% success rate with their egg donors. Well low and behold, 3 month before my egg donor cycle I discovered I was pregnant. I was 42.5 years old. We had amnio and micro array testing on our little girl since our RE stated we had less than a 5% chance of having a normal baby. According to all testing she is perfectly healthy. So as frustrating as it is, don't give up hope. I stop in every once in a while and check on all of you 40 and over to cheer you on. Ill be back on here in February TTC #2 along with all you lovely ladies.....
Theresa 44, DH: 37
TTC #1 since 2/14/10 - 4 MC
3/11 Au natural BFP 10 DPO! Beta 1237 16 dpo
5/09 9 wk baby passed - boy Trisomy 15
IVF #1: 11/2011 - 3 retrieved - none to transfer

March 2012 au natural BFP at 9dpo!!!
3/14 Beta 1: 70@12DPO
3/16 Beta 2: 217@14DPO
5/14 NT scan and Maternity 21 Plus BW - norma
Amino and Micro Array testing - ALL NORMAL!!!!l
Donor egg cycle canceled due to our miracle
Chloe Ann arrived November 20, 2012 Via induction
TTC Baby #2 Au Natural until November 2014 then we will move onto Donor Eggs
Fittblonde
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:16 am

Thank you Fitt, no matter how many times I hear your story it gives me the hope and encouragement I need!
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:04 pm

HI everyone~

Wow TTC great stat you gave. 5 BFP since March on this board is impressive and you are so correct. I myself am a true believer that everything happens when its suppose to happen and pushing to hard nothing good ever seems to come from that. JMO.... :) and I could almost copy and paste what you wrote about your cycle as my cycle. I decided to stay the course on my supps. My Dr does not think what I am taking is causing any harm so I will stay on them and hope that I can get back to my normal cycles here real soon.

Fitt- Thanks for your insight, you are a prime example of the "never giving up" attitude I strive to have.

AFM- Not much to report except I think I Oed on Monday, I really didnt put much stock in this month since I was having the mid cycle spotting and I was not tempting those days either since I thought it was that time of the month, so I am not sure where I stand this month, so all I can do is keep BD until AF shows.... darn... LOL. Seems like every month some monkey wrench gets thrown at me and I have to adjust to it....

I promise to stay better in touch, you have all been great sounding boards and great sources of info, hope and encouragement .
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s