Cycling on....

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on....

Postby Luvsdogs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:46 am

Ttcnbr2- I am sorry this is an upsetting time for you. I don't have any insight on your trouble getting a positive opk. Just wanted you to know I care and understand when those tough dates roll around. I just passed the one year anniversary of when we conceived our DS we lost. I hope you feel better soon!

ER - anything to obsess about yet?!

Afm- feeling really silly about the early pee sticks I just posted. I dont exactly see lines now except for a bit of possible line eye. Oh well, I guess if I am going to cry wolf (posted yesterday that i thought i saw a line and asked how to upload) I should at least post the pics. :oops:
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
Baby Gavin went to heaven 21.6 weeks Trisomy 18
CP's Feb 2013, May 2013, Aug, 2013
Femara, Ovidrel, and timed bd cycles-
Oct= bfn follie sizes 18, 15, 3@14
Nov= 3 nice follies at 20, 22, 22 (also a 15 and 14) BFN :(
End Nov= follie sizes 20, 18, 16, 14.
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Luvsdogs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 pm

ER- do u have any sxs to report?

Afm- afraid sxs weren't much today. Twinge here and there and ache in boobs here and there. Bfn's. I know I shouldn't but getting discouraged already.
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Luvsdogs » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 pm

ER- Ugh bIg bummer about the evaps, they were so convincing! I am still getting bfns at the end of 9dpo. STARK white. Yes, we still have hope. Trying to keep the faith anyway. My first pregnancy I got a bfn at 10 dpo and then didn't test until 14 dpo when I got a very clear bfp. Like I could ever wait like that again! My second pregnancy I thought I saw a very faint line at 9 dpo. At 10 dpo it was believable. Baby dust to you!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 am

Hi all, after my rant on Monday morning I got a + OPK that night!!!!! WOOOOOT!! :jump: I am so happy I could burst. I was really afraid I was entering perimenopause I was beside myself. I also had some O pains Monday but I chaulked them up to gas until I got my +OPK. So I really think I O'd on the same day I conceived my DS three years ago. I ATTACKED my DH Monday night and Tuesday night (it didn't take much to get him in the mood tho) so now the dreaded 2WW. I do have lower back pain and tender breasts today so that is a good sign as I usually get more period symptoms during and after O (bloated, pelvic pressure, craving sweets, headaches, difficulty concentraing) than I get during my period (this just started after I turned 40 and gave birth).

ER - what DPO are you?

Luvs Dogs - this is the place to cry wolf!!! Look at my earlier post on Monday lol. There is nothing to be embarrassed about here. We have all gone through it and will continue to go through it. You will never be judged here. That is the positive of our TTC obsession.

Anyone heard from Tiff or Simone or Fittblonde any other lucky over 40 who got a BFP this year?

I posted on a different thread that since I joined in March 2012 there have been 6 BFP in our over 40 group out of 12-15 so that is 40% success rate! So lets make it 9 out of 15 this month (60% success rate) and put all those nay saying doctors who say getting pregnant after 40 is less than a 5% chance!
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luvsdogs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 am

Ttc- that is awesome! The next best thing to a bfp is a smiley face/ pos opk isn't it?! Glad u got a cpl of well-timed bd's in! I did see your post about all the bfp's from 40+. I think those are great stats too! Thanks for making me feel better. I do feel a rant coming on! See below :oops:

ER- Increased cm IS a great sxs. Fxd!! I think you are 8 dpo? I forgot to mention, I actually lol when I read ur post about your ic pee sticks "might as well pee on the floor"! Love it!!

AFM- i haven't had any sxs to speak of since the end of 7dpo. That night I had about 5 mn of strong pinching behind my belly button or a bit lower. Trying to convince myself my sxs prior to that were after O sxs and that I implanted on night of 7dpo. In that case I wouldn't probably detect hcg until tomorrow? With my second pregnancy I only recorded cramps and slight dizziness on evening of 4 dpo. Then nothing until sore boobs (under my arms) starting on 9dpo. On 9 dpo I got the faintest of lines. 10 dpo was a believable faint line. Soooo, if this helps anyone else, there was 4 1/2 days is between when I thought I implanted and start of sxs and very faint bfp. Oh the things we analyze! I must say, I am really not liking myself during the tww. Then after the disappointment of AF arriving It still takes me a few days to snap out of it. I am crabby, don't want to talk, don't want to bd, angry at the world, emotional, not eating very healthy foods, and feel guilty about taking for granted that life is great other than ttc. Ugh, anyone else feel like this?
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 pm

OH WOW...things are getting EXCTING over her :)!!! All of you ladies in the tww!! FX for all of you!! All i'm reading is positivty...LOVE IT!!! HOPEFUL, HOPEFUL for you all :)!!!

afm..have u/s on tuesday morning..hopefully see heartbeat!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all you!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:10 am

8DPO is still early ER .. you're still in the game.

Tiff good luck to you, I know these times are stressful but TRY to relax. I don't know what is more stressful TTC in the 2WW or waiitng for U/S ... I vote for the latter. You MUST upload your U/S pics they are so funny the first trimetster .. Just little peas or little blobs... I can't wait til I can post mine!

Luvs Dogs - keep positive and remember I am told every pregancy is different so you are not out until AF arrives. 7DPO is still early, implantation I hope is just aroudn the corner for you.

AFM - 3DPO I have sensitive nipples that tend to feel like they are warming up - lol that is new! Oh the things that are considered "normal" on this board.
I said I was not going to overanalyze myself this cycle ... I guess I've failed. I'm still just so excited I got a positive OPK AND with 3 consecutive elevated temps I did O on CD15 .. the same day I had my IUI 3 years ago and concieved my precious DS. Oh I hope/pray that this is our month. BTW today is my 9 year wedding anniversary and my DH is working the late shift ... oh well we will celebrate tomorrow night.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luvsdogs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 pm

ER- It is up to you! Not even a shadow at 11 dpo today. Anything to report?

Tiff- I am sure everything will be great next Tuesday! Yes, please post pics!

Ttc- Fxd this cycle just keeps getting more promising and ends in a bfp! Dont we always say we arent going to analyze every sxs? :rofl: Congrats on 9 years of marriage!

Afm- I am out (well nearly out) this cycle. No hint of a line at 11dpo. I know every pg is different but I just dont feel anything either. Now I have even more sxs to add to the " not a reliable sxs" list! I am doing ok with it...started busying myself with a project that I wouldn't do if I knew I would begin to be exhausted any moment. I am however having a bad moment dealing with the loss of our DS. I suppose because I am counting on a pregnancy to take away some of the lingering pain. Good grief I am a debby downer! Someone tell me something great please!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Luvsdogs » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 pm

ER- thanks :D . And don't you worry, I will keep peeing regardless since I started with 50 tests! Would be nice if they last 2/3 months though :doh: Since your chart looks so good those AF sxs could be pg sxs! Curious if you dont mind, were any of your early pregnancy sxs very similar and/ or very different?
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:44 am

ER that is a great looking chart and temps going up and up are a great sign.

Luvs Dogs - your not out until AF arrives. If the "project" you are doing is a need to "nest" then that is a great sign. I have heard a lot of people say that nesting was their first pregnancy sign. When I got pregnant, the only nausea I felt was before my BFP (well car sickness) and I had no other symptoms at all. Mind you I was not as informed as I am now ... oh the days of being naive ... they were good :rofl:

AFM - my DH surprised me last night by calling in sick LOL so we just spent to night together doing the same thing but that was perfectly fine with me .. I don't need to be wined and dined I am just as happy being with him on our anniversary. More sxs yesterday and today but I have a feeling a lot of them are in my head over analyzing every tweak and twinge.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luvsdogs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:47 pm

ER- i havent been on since i work all this weekend and things get a bit busy! sorry that this doesn't appear to be the month for you either. However the positive is that your eggies have yet another month to get in spectacular shape! Btw- I had never heard anything about improving egg quality before reading this forum. This befuddles me... I thought we were born with our eggs and they age along with us and that is that! Any info is appreciated! I agree with you on the heartache with testing early. Then somehow I forget all about it and do it again the following month! :rofl:

Ttc- fingers crossed the sxs keep up! That is awesome you got to spend your anniversary together after all! Uh, do I dare fess up "the project"? :rofl: It's not a project. I bought a deer hunting license. So definitely the opposite of nesting! Thanks for being positive though! And I actually havent gone yet. Forgive me for being from the Midwest where lots of people hunt including women.

Afm- not a hint of a line this morning. Not testing tonight. I will be saving them now. Well, on to learning how to temp. I just love the holiday season! Sure would be great to get a bfp in nov or dec!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Luvsdogs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:33 am

ER- thanks for links. I' ll have to read them tomorrow when I have time. I am sorry this month has hit you hard. I was pretty upset about 9-12 dpo too, but coming out of it. I have thought about this several times now...it is wonderful how many successful pregnancies you have had..and later in life too! You' ll catch that egg again! Two more cycles for all of us to have wonderful news around the holidays! Wouldnt that be special?!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Luvsdogs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 pm

AF right on time again this month on CD 31. I guess being pretty regular is a good thing!

Things I learned this cycle... Several new tww sxs that are completely unreliable pregnancy sxs and pee sticks can be so unreliable too! :roll:
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 am

Hi all, I am so sorry to hear about both of your AF! I thought I was going to be the only one left posting on this board! :oops: One good thing is that you are both regular that means you still have a great chance of getting that BFP.

AFM: I'm 7 DPO and tested this morning .. why I have no idea, like really it is way too early for me to test as my luteal phase is 15 days! I guess I just wanted to make my Monday even crappier than it already is. I have had a lot of sxs this month all too soon but I have been getting dizzy spells over the last 3 days and feeling a bit nauseous and my breasts have been tingly and nipples sore HOWEVER in saying all of that I am taking progesterone so these are ALL side effects of the progesterone too.

I hurt my back this weekend putting my DS in the grocery cart on Saturday ... he thought it was funny putting both legs through the one leg hole in the cart so here I am trying to maneuver each leg through the leg holes while holding up a 30 lb kid in the air ..... inevitabiliy I felt a pain in my lower back .... it is still there this morning. I am whining right now because I have never hurt my back befre and this dull pain is a nuisance. I can't stay in one position for too long ... I hope this goes away soon!
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luvsdogs » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:43 am

TTC- sorry about the back pain. Gentle stretches, heat and Tylenol only if you need to take something! Gosh, with both my pregnancies (especially my first) dizzy spells were my biggest sxs! I'm fact, it was 7 dpo that was the worst...maybe just after implantation? Hope it is due to a little bean instead of the progesterone! Fxd!

ER- sorry about the AF pains. I was worried this AF was going to be way too light and started thinking about lining thickness. I sometimes have light and short afs. But, think it is more normal now today. Whew! That is very neat our cycles are now in sync...that is mostly since my are a tad longer. I believe you are nearing to the end of your 3 months so this month your eggie should be great!

Afm- may sound a little selfish or crazy at my age to mess with perfect timing, but DH and I have been trying for a boy and so just bding a cple times at O. We were for the DS we lost too. Anyway, thinking since DH will come home from a week long trip right before AF (approx 2-4 days prior) that I might try a more relaxed cycle. What I think I might try is this- when he gets home, throw the timing out the window and just bd every other day for about a week. And, not dwell on the calendar, use opks, etc. If I don't know exactly when I o I might be less discouraged when testing too. Then I will start my temping next month. Dd and I will be on our own in the mornings and will be up at various times anyway. Worth a shot huh?
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess