Cycling on..part 2

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on..part 2

Postby *Apples* » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi everyone - just a quick pop in before work.

Jenni - I love charting and am so glad I have taken it up. I may even buy three more months as my free trial ends in a few days if not pg this cycle because I have found it so useful and it is like I have a bit of control over this whole process.

Shanessa - even if you don't get to BD this month because of HSG, make sure you cash in for the month after because sooooo many women fall pregnant after that procedure. FX!

Hi Brasil - welcome to the group. One of my sisters had IVF (and she is a very young 46). All is going well! Good luck.

Hoopla - Sometimes when you have months like yours is when you get that suprise BFP so hang in there. You only need that one spermie.

TTCnumber2at42 wrote: Strange, I had a new Sxs this month while I think I was Oing cause my nips were so sensitive it hurt when someone looked in their general direction!

:rofl:

Jenni - enjoy Fla, whereabouts are you? We used to live in Broward County for six years. What a lovely way to spend your 2WW!

Hi Second chance and good luck with the SA. I love that our DH's do this for us - it means something, ya know?

Momof2girls - I love the Royal Jelly and always feel so good when I take that. Good luck with your regime.

EOE - hello and hope you are all doing well!

AFM, I'm in my fertile period and think I may have dropped the egg today so will do a :bd: tonight. Have just been doing it every other day as that it what the Doc said to do. We'll do that until FF has confirmed O. So exhausted as I work in a supermarket and it is the Christmas rush and we all know us Brits love to shop! Crikey! Catch you all later!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:37 am

OK I am so confused at this cycle, check out my chart. I never got a +OPK and my temperature did a small thermal shift (enough for FF to say I did O). I have a yeast infection from hell (I get yeast infections about once a year) so I have no idea what my CM is doing let alone want to go near my DH to BD as I cant stop scratching and throbbing. I will have to come to the realization that this month is a bust ... but I know that come CD30 I'll be testing just incase FF was right... oh my I'm obsessed.

My O sxs were so prodominate this month and went away so fast (CD 13 to 15 I was brimming with sxs and CD 16 nothing not even a twinge) but no +OPK.

Oh and BTW I got intouch with my Ferility Naturopath for a new assesssment .... this will be 2 months out of 3 where I never got a clear +OPK since being on this herbal regime/perscription (and I always got +OPKs in the past on CD15 naturally of CD13 with fertility drugs/injections). But since this is my last good chance at a BFP I don't want to give up. Does this make any sense? Oh I'm so deflated.......
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 am

Brasil, I have one amazing DS (2 years old) ... my situation is similar to yours. The day I got married (Nov. 2003) I stopped all birth control and were actively trying (BDing every 2-3 days) in 2008 I got pregnant, I couldn't believe it, it was a mircale ...ended in MC 6 weeks 2 days later (had D&C Valentines Day). The following year I convinced (begged) my DH to see a RE ... first IUI I was pregnant with DS (we were diagnosed with unexplained fertility) then we went back to RE when my son was 8 months ... second IUI I was pregannt again but MC 6 weeks 6 days later (Mother's Day) since then we did 7 IUI's all negative (we couldn't afford IVF) and RE said he would no longer treat us .. said our next step was Donor Eggs or adoption (Sept. 2012). I was crushed so to seek redemption I started seeing a Fertility Naturopath.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:19 am

ttc, UGH on the yeast infection. And, i am glad you are talking with your natruopath again..she needs to figure out why you aren't not getting a pos opk now. That would make me a little crazy! I rely on these stupid "indicators" so much it is a little ridiculous..but that is what it has come to right???

ER...it is very difficult for me to fb on the golden egg and this forum. I think I will do mostly here now. Just easier. Sorry about af..but moving onto Christmas bfp for you friend!

Hoopla, hoping you caught the egg this cycle..fx! You got pregnant with ds the cycle after your last mc, right? You are REALLY fertile this cycle..fx!!!

shanessa, yes, I too sometimes think af is a break. But, I also think our bodies need that break with all the physical stuff happening at the same time.

Brasil, Oh dear..you have been thru a lot :(. I am so sorry. I do hope this IVF works for you. When is it? There is also an IVF forum on this website that might be helpful to you too.

Apples...welcome to the tww! FX this is the one for you!!! I did get preggos 2months after my chemical loss. I bet you are exhausted with holidays and in a supermarket..rest dear!

Jeni, average lp is 12-14days. Glad you are now charting it will help you feel more confident in all of this crazy ttc process.

afm...doing okay. Back to real life now. Sad I am not preggos, I would be out of first tri now :(. Now, I am stuck in this exhausting waiting for af to show world :cry: . My hcg last thurs was 226; go back again this thurs for another blooddraw. I am still getting pos opk so there is def still hcg in my system :(. I have heard once it gets to around or below 50ish, you can Ovulate or get your period back. So we shall see. I am on the weight loss train too...I have lost four pounds since Thanksgiving. I had gained 9 with fertility drugs and preg and thanksgiving :(. So sad to say, "I just want to be in a tww"!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi all,

Happy Tuesday.

Hoopla- Fingers crossed for you this month. Is this your 1st clear cycle post MC?

Brasil and Apples- Welcome. Glad to have you as part of our group. :D

Jenni- have fun in Florida. I love that place, I go every year.

Shanessa- What is a HSG exam???

TTC- when I started taking new sups it seemed to be doing something to my cycles, because my cycles for a couple of months were messed up, it was SO IRRITATING. On the upside, it should work itself out and maybe give you better results. I for sure know the feeling right now you are having.

Tiffany- So glad you are here with us and letting us help you thru this.... Big hugs to you. BTW- how is your step dad doing??

AFM- CD11, last night I was having O pain, and today I have a EWCM, so now officially in my window, guess you all know what I will be doing.... LOL... I have a rant though!!! DH still has not really been able to find out the results from the semen analysis he did last week, his primary told him the results looked ok, but he didnt really know how to read them and for him to call the office where he had them done at......UGH :doh: DH is in a SUPER STRESSFUL SUPER BUSY job and he cant seem to find the time during the day to call to follow up on it. THAT IS SO FRUSTRATING TO ME. It could make all the difference, if there is a issue we BD every other day, if no issue we BD every day.... I just need to know which it is......and here we are in the TTC window and... I know nothing... and of course I cant do it for him because they wont release anything to me...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Second, thanks :)! Stepdad is actually doing pretty well. His only real side effect from chemo so far is "fatigue. He has his last chemo for this first round in two weeks. I think they are supposed to come for a visit in a couple of weeks. thank you for asking..sweet of you.
That is frustrating about not knowing the results. My assumption would be if pcp said "it is okay"; then I would prob go ahead with everyday or at least everyday after you get that pos opk. Just what I am thinking I would do. Sorry dh is so busy right now...ugh :(.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby brasil12 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Hoopla - I do retrieval on Thrusday and I have 8 eggs. If all goes well they will put it back on Sunday. I just hope this time they fertilize. Last time I had 3 but 2 removed. They did not fertilize. I cried for days.

TTC#2 - I actually did a lot of natural stuff this cycle and organic items. I changed my diet and changed a lot of things to natural supplements and natural food. I am hoping it helps me. When my last ivf failed with 3 eggs doctor said my chances were very low and due to my age the quality of eggs is bad. It also seems my left ovary is done and not working. I think all the endo surgeries. Natural stuff does help. With one ovary I got 8 eggs now. Just keep trying.

Tiffany - I have retrieval Thrusday. I think placement will be Sunday.

Everyone - thanks for the welcome and yes I also have joined the IVF forum.
Me Anna-40 BF John- 43
Trying for 7 years with endometriosis with no luck. No kids. About 10 surgeries, 3 IUI, 6 cycles of clomid and 3 injectables.

Polyctmony - June 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - three egss, two retrieved 7/13 but did not fertilize. failed.
IVF #2 - November/December 2012- Retrieval Dec 6 , Transfer Dec 9 failed
Ivf #3 - March 2013- failed
IVF #4 - May 2013 - 2 four cell embryos transferred - bfp 5/24/2013
IVF #3 - 3 day transfer on 3/5/13. Embryos are all grade A but 4,5 and 6 cells.

brasil12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:04 am

Brasil, that is amazing 8 eggies with one ovary. Don't get too down on the low egg quality "speech" the doctor gave you. Although there is merit to it, it seems this the card the doctors play when you don't get pregnant (no matter what your age) it is better than "hmmm I have no idea why you didn't get pregnant, all the signs were good, I just don't know."

Second, thank you for the encouraging words. Sometimes I get so lost in the details I forget that I have put my body through a lot of change lately and my body does not like change (reacts drastically to change). It is nice for you to remind me that this is only the 3rd month on this regime and that I am not alone. BTW wahat are you doing talking to us, with your EWCM you should be attacking your DH :rofl: If I was in your situtaion not knowing the results, I would BD every other day to be on the safe side (but that is just me). I know it's frustrating not knowing the results, can you call and request to pick up the results yourself?

Hoopla, Fx to you

Apples, did you see a temp spike to confirm O?

Jenni, you will love and hate charting, it has helped me so much. No more guessing if you really did O or not! The downside is that you now have new numbers to obsess about. One thing to remember, do not focus on the numbers individually... try to remember o look at the overall picture. And when in doubt ask, chances are we have experienced what you are going through with your chart.

EOE, I hope all is well

AFM, I heard back from the Naturopath and she listened to my complaints and reviewed my thyroid full bloodwork panel and has come up with a few new issues that I will have another consult for particularily high glycemic load or insulin resistance (she did note in my initial consult that my LH and FSH were the same value which is not ideal for egg quality and that insulin resitance can cause the LH to be elevated which affects O and egg quality ... LH should be 1/2 of FSH). As for the lack of +OPK she thinks my LH surge has changed in the time of day (which can happen with a new herbal plan) to morning (I always test at 6:30 p.m.). I also am thinking that perhaps since I have not been going to the acupuncturist on a reglar basis my cycle has reverted back to 32 days meaning I could have O'd on CD17 vs CD15 ... that certinally would mess up my timing! I do feel better now and with Second's encouraging words I have a new sense of hope in my Naturopath again.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Hoopla » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:37 am

Brasil -best wishes to you tomorrow! I hope you can do something fun and relaxing tonight. The time we conceived my son, we were on vacation in the mountains. I really believe there is something to being relaxed..... 8 eggs is a fantastic number! You'll be in my thoughts!

Second -I completely feel for you -my DH kept "forgetting" to call to get his results. I think he was a little afraid to hear any news -not that he would admit to that! His results were fine btw. If I were you, I would try every 36 hours. I know it sounds complicated, but it is what we do. I've heard that some women have better luck conceiving in the morning vs. evening and vice versa. So we do every 36 hours and get both! My OB recommends every other day for all her patients. Best wishes to you! And yes, this is my first clear cycle post-D&C...

Shanessa -I hope your HSG goes well! FX that you are feeling fantastic afterward and still have a chance to BD before O. It is always frustrating to miss an O.

Tiffany -my OB didn't have me do betas after the D&C. I just kept POAS once a week and watched my levels go down that way. I still had a very faint positive line about a week before my period (and a week after I am pretty sure I ovulated). Hope your Auntie Flo comes a-visiting soon! Keep us posted! AFM, it actually was the 3rd cycle after miscarriage that I conceived my son. I have heard the first few cycles are more fertile. Hope you are doing well in the long wait.

TTC -I have a tendency to surge at any point in the day -so I poas several times a day when the line starts to get dark. It really does sound like you probably just didn't get to see the surge. Such good news! I think you are 6DPO? When will you start testing? I'm going to try to hold off until 12DPO. I usually start at 9DPO, but after the chemical and a blighted ovum......

Apples -FX for you that you caught that egg!

EOE -hope you are all doing well!

AFM, 5DPO. Nothing to report except I was strongly smelling things last night that my DH couldn't. Maybe a sign? Oh, the grasping I do in the 2ww!!
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 am

Brasil...first off...you are BEAUTIFUL in your pic! You will make beautiful babies!! And, WOW on 8eggs..that is AWESOME. I am so hopeful for you this is THE ONE!! Good luck tomorrow..FX!

ttc, sounds like great stuff came out of your recent talk with naturaopath..I love "answers"! And, you are 6dpo now...awesome!!! How are you feeling? I too (like Hoopla) test probably 3x a day when my line starts getting dark..I'm a freak like that!

Hoopla, thanks for info! Yay on "smelling things"! We all grasp at anything and everything because you just never know :). FX for you!

afm...well on Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon I did OPK's for the hell of it just to see how strong they would be and I was crampy (Like o pain; another reason I tested OPK). Was a little concerned because we had been doing the bd (I was horny and it had been awhile). On Friday and Saturday they were BLAZING dark. I just assumed it was HCG picking up on OPK. Sunday, we were busy with dd first bday party so I didn't test. Yesterday afternoon I tested at 4pm and it was def a neg OPK. At 6pm I tested hpt and it was a very faint line at 5minutes and did end up drying a little darker later. There is no way I could have O'd right with my hcg being 226 last Thursday??? We should have used condoms but good grief we haven't used condoms in three years so you never even think of that nor do we have any. Okay, as I read that now...I personally do not think there is any way it could have been O because I think your hcg has to be around 50ish before you get af or O. There is no way in 1.5days it dropped that quick. So, I think we are okay. If anyone else has opinion, I am open :)!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:36 am

Tiff, we FF just threw a monkey wrench in my cycle and now it changed my O date from CD14 to CD18 which does align better with my temps but my BD is WAY off (although ER did mention that she has heard of some women getting a BFP BDing 4 days before O and others who got a BFP with a yeast infection ... but let's face it over 40 you have a 5% on a good cycle :cry: ) so unless a miracle happens I am out this month. BUT instead of getting into a depression about it, my lesson learned is that my O date has changed and is 2-3 days later than before so now I am looking at CD17 ot CD18. So I am now 3DPO :doh:

Does anyone test at work? Like do you hide out in the bathroom for 10 minutes waiting for the results lol. What times of the day do you test? Last question, I like to use a cup and collect instead of poas does anyone collect this way when testing at work? Just doing my homework for next month!
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Everyone

Tiff- glad to hear SD is doing good. Sorry, I have no input or knowledge on the OPK with hcg in the system... :?

Brasil- That is EXCELLENT news. 8 eggs. I am so excited for you. Sounds like something is going right. I may have missed it in a eariler post, but are you also taking meds to get that many eggs? or is it all from the diet "natural and organic change"?? Fingers crossed.

Hoopla- hope your SNOZE is really lighting up still. :D DId you have that with last BFP?

TTC- Your like my TWIN....The exact same thing happened to me when I was all messed up. I was FURIOUS with myself and seriously considering stopping all sups (which you may remember)... but it did work itself out and now I am back on track, but it took month 4 for that to happen. I think the lesson I learned was to BD around O until I see 3 days of temp rise........ (not that that helps you right now)... but boy I know it was aggrevating...

AFM- Well. where to start..... DH yesterday called place he had the semen analysis done at (since his Dr didnt really know how to read the results) and they tell him, they are just a lab and they dont read the results either.... So now he has to go back to his Dr. and have him consult with someone that can help him read the results..... (can you say PAIN IN THE ARSE)... :doh: He asked for the results to be mailed to him as well... So I will research it myself...... For the love............ Had O pain Tuesday in the middle of the night which was CD11, (sure hope that was not my O, becasuse my timing would be to late)........ :? but OPK was negative Wed. mid morning.)... I dont usually O that early... so we shall see, temps are still down and no rise yet at all, so I am going by what I said eariler, will BD every day until 3 days of high temps. The last several months I have been BDing every other day, so this month I am trying every day...........Hoopla, love the 36 hr idea, only issue for me is in the AM DH is rushing to get out of the house making AM BD tough, so we have to leave the BD for early evenings and nights during the week and AM BD on the weekends..... The agony of overthinking every tiny little darn detail... Now I know why they made hair color.... this gives me gray hairs.... :roll:

OH- one last thing, TTC, I do test at work because I use the digital smiley face one and it gives results in 3 minutes, plus it takes all the guess work out, either I see a smiley face or I dont, so I dont have to try and desiffer the resutls myself. I have tested at all different times of the day and I use a cup because I always pee on the stick to much and ruin it.

I will check in later... Happy Thursday everyone....
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm out this cycle. Cramps started late today. I expect AF any time now through tomorrow morning. At least my cycle lengthened to 27 days now.
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby *Apples* » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:15 am

Ladies - We got to six pages so I made a new thread. Same title part three. :D
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s