Cycling on part three

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on part three

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Shanessa (and anyone else)... absolutely fine to stalk my chart... Many sets of eyes are better than just mine alone.

As for the short LP phase, I think I am just in the last 2 cycles getting back on top of my LP .... It was SEVERLY thrown off from July-Oct due to acupuncture and all the new meds I started taking and its now back up to 10 days... I have been taking 100mg of B6 the last 3 months, and if I dont see it better than 10 days this cycle I will look at adding the OTC progesterone to see if that helps.. My cycles have always been 28-29 days and since July I have lost 2 days and my cycles have been about 27 days, again my thinking is I have lost 2 days in my LP due to all the changes I did.

Side note: WHen I had the acupuncture, at the time she did it she thougth my pulse felt like I was pregnant so she did a "progesterone" acupuncture on me, which was the WRONG thing to do because it overloaded me and messed me all up because I was not pregnant and only a few days from AF, so the over load of progesterone was disasterous to my system.... so my take away, be very careful when doing acupuncture to ensure they are not making things worse....
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey ladies - sorry have been silent. Yes, my dear AF showed up afterall exactly when she was expected CD28 2.38pm :doh: Oh well back to a new cycle. Have started on Clomid this cycle, so we'll see how that goes.

Now - I have to go back and read all of the news and catch up. Back soon!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Apples* » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 pm

SecondC - Eeek! Your chart looks awesome! Feel so good for you this cycle! :D I do have some experience with low sperm counts - but it is the motility that is important so the Doc was wrong there. Remember it only takes just ONE and it can be done. My sister (she's on here SimoneTTC) well her husband had a low sperm count like 9 million overall and only 3.2million motile and she conceived and is due in March so it can be done. Hang in there!

TTC42 - I have three children, 21, 19 and 15. I was 18 when I had my first! So easy back then not like now!

Brasil - that sounds promising...any update? And yes, sometimes it takes a longer time for women to get their BFP's than others, so hang in there. I feel sad that you are crying, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Hoopla - How are things momma?

Shanessa - I'll be stalking you over the coming days! FX and that plateau sounds good!

Tiffany - I am glad you are feeling good about things. I read your post about your parents and feel ya. Hope things sort themselves out soon and you sound like you have a very level head on your shoulders so I know you'll find the right thing to do.

EOE - hello if I have missed anyone - sorry not intentional!

AFM, I will not be testing early this month. I just need to keep myself occupied more during the 2WW rather than testing testing testing! I got through thirty Wondfos! :omg: I am going to keep busy. I am due to O on NYE so this month DH and I are going to be abstaining for a week before NYE and just going for it one night on one big shot. Every other day sex did not work this month so I am always looking for something new. Righteo - catch you all later ladies and I'm stalking!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:32 am

Oh my, I feel like I'm so far behind in everyone's cycle .. if I miss anyone, no offence I'm thinking of you :D

Tiff, WOW I mean WOW you definately need to intervene in your parents lives. I kind of understand what they are doing because sometimes really stressed people don't want to think about all of their problems because they don't kow who to deal with them logically. They just figure if I don't think about them then the problem will just go away. I think you need to look into insurance for your mom (sorry I am of no help as I am a Canuk) and as a Christmas present for your parents buy them tires or fix their car for them. Whatever you do, don't give them money, they will just spend it on stuff they think is important but in the big scheme of things is not.

BTW I am Babs TTC on FB :wink:

Brasil, how are you holding up? Keep positive ... I know it's hard but read all the posts (ppl concerned for you and offering advise) and lean on this group for support when you are ready

Hoopla, how are you feeling?

Second, I'm glad you are looking at the whole picture and have sorted out your LP. I know new supplments and accupuncture changed my cycle drastically. Actually I've stopped the accupuncture and it seesm my cycle is reverting back to 33 days vs the 28-30 days while having the treatments. I think this is why I am Oing on CD18 vs CD 15 as in the past (with still a 15 day LP).

Apples, sorry about AF. I hope your NYE plan works!

Shanessa, I hope your tiredness is due to an early Christmas present and not inconsistent sleeping habits. How are you feeling now?

AFM, my Fertility Naturopath has given me a plan to lower glycemic load and improve insulin resistance (result of my bloodwork analysis) and loweing my cholesterol (HBA1C). My mothers side has a history of diabetes so I really concerned about this. She also feels that losign more wait will help to obtan a BFP .. "anything above a 24 BMI will reduce your fertility". Along with diet she has suggested PGX. Apparently PGX lowers glycemic index by 50%, Chromium regulates insulin resistance and should help with Cervical mucous. So to ensure I am not setting myself up for failure, I'm going to start this diet January 1, 2013. I know I will just beat myself up if I fall off the plan during Christmas so if I start January 1 I will then have no excuse and will follow the plan to a "T".

I am on CD33 today so if all goes to plan AF should be here later today or tomorrow morning. I've had 3 BFN so far and I do not want to test anyone since I really dont have many sxs to make me feel like I am pregnant. So come on AF let's start the next cycle!
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 am

Morning, Afternoon or Evening ladies :D

Second - I know we do so many things we hope will improve our fertility and some of them screw with us in the process. I have cut way back on the supplements I was taking so I now only take 6 pills per day: prenatal, 2 Womens Best Friend (has GoldenSeal, Jamaican Dogwood, Cramp Bark and Red Rasberry Leaf) Folgard (prescription Vit B6, B12 and folic acid), Baby Aspirin and Maca. Come February, if my goal is not achieved, I'll reevaluate. :)

Apples - sounds like you have some built in baby sitters. :) Thirty wondfos! That cracked me up. :rofl: You definitely need a diversion. LOL Maybe do the day b4 and day after NYE to double down on the BFP sorta speak? Hell of a way to bring in the new year either way. Go for it, go for it, go for it! :jump: Simone is your sis? Small world. She was on here when I jumped in. How is she doing? She doesn't chime in anymore. I am sure she is busy preparing for the little one.

TTC - good plan to take care of your health. You want to be a healthy vessel for the little one. :) For me the weight loss would be the hardest. While I was working from home over the past 2 months I almost finished off all the left over Halloween candy! :shock: I definitely have sweet tooth for gooey candy (candy corn, twizzlers, tootsie rolls). No love for chocolate so at least I have that saving grace. In any event, with the new year, I too will have to begin a new diet (unless of course I have a sweet little Christmas present).

Brasil, Hoopla, Jenni, EOE - How are you ladies doing?

AFM - 7DPO, still fatigued. Falling asleep whenever I sit still too long (could be the dreary weather we've had the last few days). My temp dipped this am to 98 (from 98.2 three day plateau). I am also experiencing sharp little pinches in the left side, belly and left breast. Strong sense of smell at the office (but the building is just opening after Superstorm Sandy so could be normal stuff in the air). Bit nauseus this morning too. I said I was not going to sxs watch this month, but here I go. :roll: Ho Hum, just plodding along. I am in the second week of my tww (my lp is usually 10-12 days). This is where things will get hard for me. Every little thing will take on new meaning. AF is due between Sunday and Christmas. I am determined not to test until at least Saturday (11dpo) 8)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 am

Shanessa, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for that info on the insurance. My mom says, thank you too!! She actually thinks she fits all of that criteria and has all of the paperwork to back it up. I could take you out to dinner and give you a HUGE hug my freind!!! YOUR AWESOME!!! Not sure what made you do that research or how you got to that point..but you have helped my family. I will KUP. If Karma is real...good stuff is coming your way dear!!! So HOPING for your Christmas bfp!!! I will be stocking on Saturday!!!

Second...chart still looking FAB. Can't wait for you to test!!!

ttc, thanks for the kind words. And, yes we will be doing the tires and car for them for Christmas it looks like. Cmon af and start a new cycle and then a NEW YEAR for bfp's!!! Good plan to wait until NY to start dietary and weight loss changes. It is just too hard and no fun to try that at Christmas.

Brasil, How are you dear???? Please check back in with us!

Hoopla, how are you? When is your first OB step and what is it? Thinking about you! Hoping you are getting more excited and feeling good about this take home baby!

Apples, sorry about af. That is wonderful news about Oing on NYE..perfect timing. I was kind of hoping I would be doing the same..but still have nothing :(. FX for you. Wow, about Simone being your sister..that is really neat. She used soy; didn't she?
Have you done Clomid before? What dose are you taking this time?

afm..nothing :(. I guess looking forward to Thurs to see number. It is really difficult to not be anywhere in a tww. The strangest thing.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Tiff I am so glad you were Abe to help you mom! Shanessa, you are one special person to share that info!
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi All,
I've been super busy, super tired, and trying to get all my Christmas prep done. Still have to wrap and ship all the family gifts up north no later than Friday. I'm still making some DIY ornaments for them. DSS last day of school is tomorrow too, so I've been packing my days full.

Ok, so trying to catch up here.

I'm on CD 12, and I think I o'd on CD 10. If so, I either got it or not. Toss up since we BD'd the day before and the day after. I only got one pos OPK on CD 9. My cycle lengthened to 27 days but my O date was one day earlier than last cycle. I'm not stressing cause I really don't have time to think about it much since I'm so busy.

Shannessa: ewww, back to commuting. That's tough. You must be exhausted.

Brasil: definitely don't get disheartened too early. still time for you to test and get a BFP.

Apples: sorry about AF. Enjoy your Christmas then get a running start on next cycle. :)

Tiff: A good night's sleep and sex always seem to be a good cure all. Surprised docs don't prescribe it!! Hope things get easier with the 'rents - can be tough as they get older.

Second: fx for pos test on Sat. hope your trip is ok.

TTC: Sorry I've been MIA from FB. I've been staying off a lot, but I am reading and trying to comment when I can. Hard to do before bed from my iPad.

Hoopla: I hope you're able to enjoy the holiday while you're waiting for what's next.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did, how are you?
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 am

Tiff - please don't mention it. Happy to do it. Glad I was able to help some. Please do let me know if everything works out. I am routing for you and the low beta tomorrow. :jump:

Second - I am totally stalking your chart. It looks AMAZING! :D We will be testing on the same day (Saturday) although your chart looks a million times better so I have more faith in your BFP than mine. :?

Jenni - The holidays can be a welcome distraction from the madness of ttc. Cool that you make ornaments. I don't think anyone would want anything I could "create". LOL

EOE - Hello!

AFM - 8DPO and my temp climbed this a.m. after yesterdays dip. This of course led me to the irrefutable conclusion of implantation dip. :roll: Anyway...

My basement is just about finished. I just need the plumber to fix the sump pump and put in a backup (so we don't have to worry about them failing again) and get some carpet down there and we are back in business. My contractor/handyman did a phenomenal job. :D He even patched my roof and did some other minor fixes around the house for free! :omg: I love this man. Can't wait to write his glowing review on Angie's List (where I found him). We will definitely be bringing him back for future jobs. :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 pm

shanessa, I will def let you know about my mom. She called me very EXCITED about the possiblity..she said, "This could save my life". I can't thank you enough if this works for her and if even if it doesn't..debt to be repaid here...
YAY for the implantation dip! Glad you found a good contractor; those can be so hard to find. By the NY; you should be back to normal and hopefully with a bfp to grow into a baby :).

Jenni, sounds like you have been busy and you got the bd in!! Now, you get the holidays to keep your mind off of all of this ttc....COOL!

ttc, af yet???

Second..that is ONE AMAZING chart girl!!! Hope you are having a good out of town trip! Can't wait until you test!!!

afm..having a rough time yesterday and today for some reason. Maybe it is pms..I have no idea. I am bloated..my only sign of pms. My cervix is high. I keep reflecting back to ttc dd and how that Christmas I felt the same way I do now.."that it was never going to happen", "this is not fair", etc, etc, etc. I will tell you right now it feels like the ENTIRE WORLD is preg but me. My hairdresser announced yesterday. And, I am happy for all of my friends..I think I was just SO EXCITED to be preg at the holiday season..now that it is here and I am not..it is hittng me hard again . Just sux yesterday and today. Tomorrow I am off and we are taking dd to see Santa and buying hers and our christmas presents..that will def help my mood. Yesterday and the day before was the month anniversary of mc..ugh!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Just checking in real quick. Will try to take time to catch up on where everyone is soon. My business trip is going well so far. Been very busy so that helps keep my mind off this grueling 2WW. Very nervous right now and trying not to allow myself to over think or get excited.. technically according to the last several months I should be starting today/tomorrow but usually I have 2 days of temp drops and some slight bleeding telling me its coming, but so far nothing. Just feeling very bloated and my face is breaking out BAD. No other signs or symptoms and both of those can be AF OR BFP signs but since I have never had a BFP before I don't really know what to expect. Just waiting and praying this is it.
I will check in again soon. Tootles my friends :)

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:03 am

Hey there just popping in for a quick stalk. Will be back later - just have a ton of things to do for Christmas.

Does anyone feel nausea when they are taking their clomid? I feel like :puke:
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:30 am

Oh my goodness, it is so hard to keep up with everyone .. or it's just me getting all geared up for my 2 week vacation (Dec. 22 returning Jan. 7) and I'm so excited to start my vacation I can't sit still!

I am still awaiting :af: I am now 17DPO with so many BFN (5) I refuse to test and no sxs to really report ... I just want AF to come so I can relax and DH and I can BD while I'm on vacation so we can relax and enjoy it verses hurrying it along so I can go to bed on time to get my butt out of bed to go to work in the morning. Ugghh will my body ever co-operate with me???? I bought 50 OPKs on the internet so I am armed and ready :oops: yeah I have a problem!
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:00 am

Hi all

TTC - 2 weeks vacation, WOW. Sounds like nirvana. I hope you are going someplace really relaxing. Yeah, if AF is going to come, would be nice to get her over with wouldn't it?

Apples - never been on clomid so can't help you there. Definitely feeling like :puke: though this morning.

Second - I am trying so very hard to contain my excitement for you. :fingersx:
Your chart looks so GREAT!! And yay for the acne. I have to tell you (and I hope it doesn't sound too creepy) but I will be so disappointed if you don't get your BFP on Saturday. Truly! I don't always sign on on the weekends but I will be here on Saturday just to find out so, please, after you and hubby celebrate, jump on to put me, I mean us, out of our misery. :D

Tiff - :hugs: You are strong and you will get through the tough times. Holidays can make every loss in our lives more magnified. Give yourself a hug. It is OK to have a good cry then pick yourself up and soldier on! :)

Brasil - any news? :beta:

EOE - How are you guys doing heading into the holidays?

AFM: 9dpo and my temp rose again this morning (two days after dip). I am cautiously hopeful. I am experiencing lots of sleepiness although today not as much, some sharp side/pelvic pains, nausea (new today) but these are also possible without a BFP so.... I said a heartfelt prayer before I took the temp this morning that it was higher than yesterday. Do you think it's possible you can want something so badly that you can make your temperature rise. :shock: If temps stay high, I will test Saturday with my one dollar store test...and then run out and buy some more. :rofl:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Hello ladies! How are we today?

Firstly - Brasil - are you around? Please post and let us know how you are?

ooooooh shanessa - you have nausea huh? FX for you. How are your temps this morning? Getting excited for you...

Second chance - you too girlie! so hope you get your bfps this month.

Tiff - so glad your mom is happy and doing something about the situation. I'm so sorry about Christmas making you feel blue. I do know how you feel -I was going to do my big reveal to family/ friends on Christmas day to announce my October pregnancy. I can commiserate with you. Just know that you CAN get pregnant and your time is to come. xx I'm sorry I'm not very eloquent with my wording but my I wish you the best.

Jenni -yay on the Christmas decs! and like shanessa - no one would want anything that I had made!

AFM, nothing much to report here. Finished the bloody clomid last night so am looking forward to gettting rid of this nausea and loss of appetite! Thankfully the headaches have gone though. Nothing much to report other than just getting everything ready for Christmas. :D

EEK!@ TTC42 - just had a look at your chart also and yours is looking good too! :wink:
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s