so confused :(

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

so confused :(

Postby kewpidolll » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:51 pm

I am so confused and heart broke and hope someone might have some words of wisdom for me. Because of my age (45) and dh SA, we are moving to iui. SA showed 31mil, 55% morph, but only 22% motility at 1 hour then dropped to 9% at 2 hours. MD said we would never be able to conceive on our own cuz swimmers cant get there. So we got all excited to start clomid and iui. Had my days allll mapped out, really geared up. Wait and wait but then nothing! No AF. AF has always been 21-24 days. Today is bout day 35! Hpt all BFN 5, 8 and10 days late. MD didn't do any testing, just started me on progesterone 200mg for 10 days to jump start AF. I have NEVER had this happen btw, always been like clockwork pretty much. Tonight will be day 5 of the progesterone pills. My cervix is and has been ridiculously high and soft, since AF didn't show I checked. Last couple of days some white discharge and felt wet all day (sorry, tmi), today not so much. Nasal congestion but this the season for that, extremely fatigued today, yawning all day, back ache like no other too. Is progesterone supposed to do this? I am beyond disappointed with my body. Paid a lot of money to get tubal reversal in Sept. Now this. I don't know what to think. Can't do anything but WAIT either. :(
ME & DH Over 40 Club

3 failed iuis
All natural until decide on ivf
kewpidolll
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: so confused :(

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

sorry things are not going so great for you right now.....Just some random thoughts from me........ Do you do heavy exercise? A year and 1/2 ago I was training for a 1/2 running marathon and my period stopped during that heavy exercise time and I had to go on progesterone to get it to restart took about 9-10 days for it to come.... Do you take any other supps? New supps will/can mess your cycle up for a bit, also you might want to check and see if your thyroid function is ok, that will also throw you off... Sorry I know not what you wanted to hear... :hugs:
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kewpidolll » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Thank you for replying. no, I don't exercise heavy. I did start taking a bunch of supplements tho! :shock: Maca is new for me, just for past month and I have been taking constantly with no break: Vitex twice daily, CoQ10, fish oil, Roayl bee jelly caps, prenatal vit, B complex, L-arganine. I didn't think they'd mess things up :doh: ......I did stop taking everything when I noticed af hadn't showed up but because I thought they weren't working. So it's been a couple of weeks. Thanks for mentioning it! Seemed like I have read nothing but good about them and how so many got their BFP's, don't recall seeing any adverse stuff. Just tryin anything and everything to get my BFP. I need to get thyroid checked but I'm not sure MD will. I had asked for a progesterone last month and he avoided it. Again, appreciate you taking time to respond! :D
ME & DH Over 40 Club

3 failed iuis
kewpidolll
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

The supps really messed with my cycle also.... Took me 3 months to totally get back to normal. But I did not stop taking them, I threatened to but I decided to keep going with them. I have to say I am glad I kept on, I feel my cycle and everything about it is normal and strong(if that makes sense) Dont stop taking the supps, they may help you in the long run. What I take is: COQ10 600MG, Vit B 6 100 MG, Folic acid 800 MG, 1 Regular aspirin and a multi vitamin, I take all of this in the afternoon... (I cant stomach the prenatals) so OB said I could take multi vit. and add the extra folic acid. I feel like my O is the strongest its been in years now. Just my 2 cents... :) also, I take synthroid which you can go back and read about in the past month posts, (whole learning lesson there with supps and synthroid and messing with the cycle) Glad thats behind me now...LOL Good luck in what ever you decide, this board has been a HUGE help to me and also the book "taking charge of your fertility" :) one more note: I think the supps do do good things, but I have always heard they take about 90 days to really see the effects from them.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kewpidolll » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 pm

OK... Thanks so much :D This just really caught me off guard. Ordered some fertilaid and motility boost for hubby. We hope this helps him. Will definitely demand thyroid check when I call MD back once AF decides to come around. Don't have to wait I suppose but that's when they told me to call. Thanks again. I don't have anyone but hubby to talk to bout all of this, people are so judgemental because of my age. So I am happy to be able to vent and question :D
ME & DH Over 40 Club

3 failed iuis
kewpidolll
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:32 am

Yes Second is so right ... I started a new herbal plan 3 months ago and didn't get a +OPK for 2 of those months! I am hoping that all works out for me this month and things settle back to normal! I was really upset to and it was Second who reminded me of the changes I made to put my mind to ease.
Last edited by TTCnumber2at42 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:27 am

Kewpidoll- I think what you feel is how most of us on here feel. Noone understands what we are going thru and so on... that is why this group is so great, every one of us know EXACTLY how the other one is feeling and what they are going thru, we welcome you and look to get knowledge from you as well as give it to you. :)
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kewpidolll » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:58 pm

:D thanks second! I do appreciate the support here. I've been stalking a lot and have come away inspired and sad for others who struggle as well. The sense of humor helps the most! You're all an awesome group of ladies. Blessings to you all.
ME & DH Over 40 Club

3 failed iuis
kewpidolll
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby 5XSurromama » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm 47, so know a little about pre-menopausal symptoms. It's perfectly normal to start skipping periods randomly and/or having irregular periods in your mid to late 40's. That is probably what is happening. It happened to me once earlier this year. I skipped a whole month, and then had a doosey of a period the following month! :rofl:
5XSurromama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:05 am

5X were you taking any new meds or supplements the months you skipped/had irregular periods?
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 5XSurromama » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:29 am

TTCnumber2at42 wrote:5X were you taking any new meds or supplements the months you skipped/had irregular periods?

Nope. Just my normal pre-natal vitamins. I was in-between IVF cycles, so no meds.
5XSurromama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 40s