Cycling On Part Four

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycling On Part Four

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 am

CONTINUED FROM PART 3:

Happy Friday everyone... weekend is here and its suppose to warm up here in the midwest. We have been in the deep freeze and snow since Christmas. Ready to see some grass again, but mainly my dog's are ready... :)

Tiff- Some months I only get 1 day of pos. OPK, try not to let it stress you. Your still have improved chances after your MMC. :hugs:

Everyone else, HI.. Hope you are well and to busy doing the BD to post.. LOL

AFM- Nothing new, CD14, got another smily face this morning, and went against my judgement and BD last night rather than wait for the 36 hrs or every other day, just to hard to pass up knowing I should be DTD but not doing it... Tried to reseach how often to BD with low motitlity and there seems to be some mixed reviews on how often, some say every other day, some day daily which keeps everything fresh and strong. Both make sense to me..... UGH... I did do one thing different last night that I have never done before (because DH would not agree to it before last night, he has a cold so he wanted it to be fast and easy.. LOL) at the end instead of him depositing inside me I had him deposit in a soft cup and I added some preseed to that and placed that in, (I know so unromantic), but I have always wondered if we just were not getting it high enough in there, if that makes sense. This is way TMI I know... but its been on my mind alot, and I want to be able to say I tried everything on my own before having to go the FS route.. So,, we will see if that works, will try to get one more BD in in the AM and see if all this does the trick.. Fingers Crossed, have a good weekend everyone

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Cycling On Part Four

Postby SimoneTTC » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 am

Hello ladies! Just a quick pop in before my phone dies.

Second chance that us how I conceived this child I am carrying, by doing just that with the softcups and pre seed. Fx for you!

EOE will pop in over the next few days for proper post. Does everyone know that apples is my little sis? Watch out for her lol - she is a wild one! :mrgreen:
SimoneTTC

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:50 am

Apples, glad you finally did O. Glad you got your post O symptoms too for confirmation..YAY! And, now we sit in the tww...hoping and praying for that bfp!!

Second, I think you have to try EVERYTHING because at some point something will work! I hope your trick works for you this month. And, I too would feel so guilty if we did not dtd when I knew we should be. I made dh dtd the night before last and neither one of us wanted too..it pretty much sucked..but we did it anyway..ugh..

Shanessa, that left pinching stuff could def be cramping from the hsg. Hoping that is the case for you and you have a wonderful right egg that is ready and fertilized. Can they not tell your follicles during hsg or it is tubes only?

Thank you girls for the well wishes with my stepdad..sweet.

Who is EOE? Is that Empire Rose?

Hey Simone..yes we know Apples is your sis..so good to know both of you. So glad to see your pregnancy is going wonderfully!!! Still rooting you on over here!

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Tiff- last night was the same for us. Pretty much sucked with him being sick and neither of us really in the mood and just post dinner, TERRIBLE combo.... but I threw it out there and he bit under the condition that it was "right now" LOL... and I couldnt say no... and then I threw the "curve ball" in at the VERY end on the soft cup and preseed- guess I am lucky he was able to finish after all of that... GOD LOVE THIS MAN for what he does to make this happen for us.. :)

Simone, something in my gut told me to give this a shot. I needed to hear what you just so SO BAD. I will now be hopeful it worked. Thanks, hows the pregnancy going? Do you know what you are having and is everything going smooth for you?
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Second...LOL at you about him still finishing after all that...I would have been glad to not to be the man last night in your home..haha!
Yes, our DH's can be amazing during this too :).
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof2girls1017 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Hey ladies/ I'm still here and still not preggers. :(
I did get my blood results back from the genetic counselor on the misc w the abnormality and my blood is fine / now it's DH turn
I'm sad to say I'm feeling down and out / had my Af day after Xmas merry merry to me/ then 9 days later I had cm and pinching and cramping but next day I took a smiley ovulation test / no smiley face!? Wtf? What does that mean? So 2nd day since cm and still no lh surge!?? I'm bummed ! Now what is this I'm reading dont bd every day ? Ugh I'm so lost / I like the idea of sperm in cup and then insert it :). Maybe next month :)
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby momof2girls1017 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Simone may I ask how old u are?
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SimoneTTC » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:31 am

Hi Momof2girls - I am now 40, (was 39 when I conceived). Overweight :roll: unfit :roll: and DH had low sperm count and low motility :roll: But just want to say that our 45 year old sis is due in four weeks (she had IVF) using her own eggs so it can be done! Hope that is motivating for you.

There is so much contradicting information out there about Bd'ing with low sperm counts and how often etc. The night we conceived, I just handed DH a softcup with some preseed in it and said, "fill it and call me when you have finished" lol and then walked out of the room because all of the strain of constant bd'ing had taken it's toll on us and he was suffering from "stage fright" lol. I just thought it better to leave him "to it" in privacy.

Tiffany - thanks for the words! So sorry to hear the news about your loss, Natalie (apples) filled me in. Glad you are in a good place now and healing and moving forward.

Second - I so know what you mean about sometimes not being in the mood, then you had dinner to cope with on top of all that. At least you got the softcup in.

Right well, I'm off to do the ironing! Catch you all later and I promise to post more regularly. :D
SimoneTTC

Postby momof2girls1017 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 am

God bless and thank u Simone!!

Me 39
DH 41
Ttc #3. Since 37. Miscarried. 6/2011, 7/2012
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby *Apples* » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 am

Hey ladies.

DH and I had a discussion last night and if I am not PG this cycle then I am going on a six month weight loss/workout break from TTC. Will still be here cheering you all on but will be avoiding the fertile time of the month. I do worry about gestational diabetes and such while pregnant, and think it best if I start off TTC at a healthy weight. So I guess we'll know in a few days how I'll be spending the first half of the year! What brought all of this on was a Doctor Oz show that I watched about being overweight and how it squashes your organs and everything...I just don't wanna start it all off like that. Just wanted to let you all know.
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 am

Hello Everyone....

Busy day today so just popping in really quickly.

Simone (nice seeing you back) and Apples - I think it is wonderful that the three of you (older sis at 45 with own eggs - fantastic!) are ttc or pregnant at virtually the same times. Nice to share such with sisters. Apples, seems like it just has to be your turn now. :) You ladies are an inspiration.

Second - good plan. I don't think DH would EVER consent to that. I would have to "give him some attention" - if you know what I mean - and then sneak that cup in at the end and dash off to the loo for the preseed and insertion. :rofl: He is so much into just doing things the natural way which worked with DS. Of course I had younger eggs and he had younger sperm 5 years ago. LOL

AFM - 3dpo with nothing to report. My temps are up but flat (don't know why I prefer fluctuations, just makes me think something is happening inside I guess).Some additional lower belly cramping on Sunday which this early can't possibly mean anything - not good anyway. :? I won't start fixating on sxs until later this week. :D
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 am

Simone...glad you are back with us. That is really neat with the sister thing you have going on :).

Natalie (love that name), I completely understand the need and desire to get to a healthy weight prior to ttc anymore. that will make you feel great and make all things work better :). So, whatever is meant to be for you this cycle then that is what is meant to be.

shanessa, yep we are in alignment with dpo here. And I too cannot get excited about anything this cycle. Kind of in a blah I think. I just keep telling myself yes your boobs are sore but you can't even be pregnant yet...duh..no implantation even yet. So, I am not going there.

afm...4dpo here and on no progesterone this cycle..so we will see how all of that goes. I guess I thought I wouldn't get any symptoms so I wouldn't be able to symptom spot but that didn't work..haha!! I'm going to try holding out testing until 11dpo (monday) and not tempt next weekend with a ruined weekend. FX I can do that. I usually start at 9dpo.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:28 am

Happy Monday everyone- UGH I hate Mondays... Long week ahead.

Momof2- Sometimes I only get 1 day with a smiley face, maybe you were to late when you tested, I also feel O cramping, but this month I had some slight crampy around DPO 10 (which is early for me) but the test was negative and then I really got the O cramping on DPO 14. Had a smiley face both DPO 13 and 14... then neg on DPO 15. My hubby has motility issues and it is suggested to BD every other day for any male that has semen issues... BUT...... (always a but right)..... some research disagrees with that and says the more the better and fresher, so honestly, I dont know what the answer is. Last month we BD every day of my fertile window, this month, more like every other but with some every day mixed in... :doh: so who knows really what is the right thing... Do you check CM? I temp, check CM and do the OPK and everything so far the last 2 months has all agreed with the other...

Simone- question on the BD, the month you got pregnant did you BD every day or every other?? (I know you did the cups and preseed, but was it daily or every other).....

Apples- Makes sense what you are saying. FIngers crossed you will get your BFP.

Shanessa- that is exactly the way my DH was, would not consider it, but towards the end, I said "lets give this a try this month and see if it works, maybe this little extra help is all we need" and he agreed.. again, he was sick so maybe I caught him at the right moment..LOL.. but he is ALL INTO THE O NATURAL.. You and I are right in line, I am 2 DPO today, really I think I Oed on Fri so I think I am 3 DPO but chart says otherwise..

Tiff- Right there with you, crazy how many of us are right in line together. Fx for you...when you got your BFP before did you have early symptoms???

AFM- 3 DPO for me, even though my chart shows 2, I had some of the strongest O pains Friday night, it was actually really uncomfortable, so much so that I had left over "aching feeling" on Sat, and some on Sunday. I actually went and googled if it was possible to feel the fertilized egg moving in the tubes, again... UGH, some say yes you can feel "crampy" some say "no way".... so that helped me NOT......
DH and I decided if this is not the month I will schedule an appt with my OB/GYN for a consult for next steps. Cant keep wasting month after month, plus I think it's time for me to discuss with her to have a HSG done and a FSH level done just to rule those out. nothing else to report for me..

Hi to everyone else :)
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 am

Second, the only thing I really remember standing out when I was preg with dd from the other months was: "consistent cramping that stayed after 5dpo and I did get blood with teeth brushing I think at 10 or 11dpo". Everything else was NO different then previous bfn cycles.

With mc baby I swore I was NOT preg due to little to no symptoms..except one day of terrible nausea on 10dpo but i had already tested with hpt and knew it was from bfp on 9dpo. But, I also knew early on in that mc preg something was wrong because I didn't have that "constant annoying cramping" like I had with dd.

Usually what happens with me..is around 5-6dpo when I don't implant my symtpoms go away because that progesterone level drops and the non-fertilized egg disengrates...always so sad because it usually is pretty obivous :(.

Good grief you didn't want that book did you..sorry :doh:
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi all, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years! I was off from Dec. 21 and just got back to work today. What a great time I had off with DH and DS ... I actually was sulking on the couch last night because I had to come back to work (my true "only child" syndrome rearing it's ugly head!).

I see a lot has been going on and everyone is moving along well in their cycles. Good to hear from Simone and how she got her BFP, that is too funny.

I'm really hoping this cycle is my "lucky cycle" because I have been home from AF to my +OPK last night so I'm nice and relaxed and limber. There was no rushing BD and we actually could enjoy ourselves as it wasn't a rush to get DS to bed than BD before I went to bed early to go to work the next day. I was testing like mad as I must have missed my OPK the last cycle and freaked out until AF came.

My New Years resoltution this year is to become a healthier me, physically and mentally... so I have joined weight watchers on line to loose weight (my naturopath said to greatly increase my chances I should be at my ideal BMI which means I need to lose 40 lbs ... not going to happen as I haven't been my ideal BMI since my mid 20s!) ... I mean last year I went from a size 16 to a size 12 now I still have to loose 40 lbs ... not going to happen but I will try to lose at least 20-25 lbs. As for mentally my goal is to lower my anxiety by trying put things into perspective and try not to worry about every little thing including my MIL.

What is everyone's New Years Resoltuion, besides the obvious BFP? Anyone doing anything out of the ordinary to achieve it?
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s