Cycling On Part Four

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On Part Four

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 am

ok, Off my rant now.......

APPLES; APPLES; APPLES; - I see it. it is for sure there...... WOW....... :bfp: :jump: :jump: :jump: So excited to you.......... I like what Shanessa says, go get a digi so it shows you the words you have longed to hear. and congrats on the WL, but I have a feeling you will be adding the weight back on from what I see from your posting. :D

Shanessa- Yay for the temp jump. everything is looking and sounding promising. When do you start testing?

HI TTC- any updates? what DPO are you today? 2??

WELCOME RAYBUTH! - We love new people, and they thoughts they bring. Glad to have you as part of our group. We have several BFP right now in the group and as you can read, many more possibles..

Tiff- did this morning give you any better ideas on whats going on??

AFM- NOTHING, now very discouraged with my thyroid being low again, so wondering if that takes me out this cycle. Temps are somewhat high, only thing I have noticed is I usually will get 1 day of temp dips from DPO 3-5 and I didnt have that this month, WHO KNOWS, maybe its a symptom from my thyroid issue...

UGH...........
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 am

Quick update no computer today...

Apples...YAY!!!!!

Second, I too am on thyroid med and have been for years. It can change on a dime at any time. I think ur supplements are changing your tsh in some way. I think you decide to stay on them and your thyroid will level urself out once it gets right or you choose to go off them and let it level itself out. Either way it will work as long as you are consistent. But it dies have to get level first before it will stay that way. I have been thru that trial of leveling several times and it is no fun. But your body does eventually decide to cooperate:)!

Rayburn...glad ur here!!!

Afm..tested out OPK yesterday. Def o..hoping its a big one since its so late. I'm either 1 or 2dpo today. More tomorrow...love y'all!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

Second - unfortunately, I don't know much about the thyroid issue. Did you start all your supplements the same cycle or added on in different months? I was thinking that maybe you can start removing one (maybe COQ10 since folic and Vit B are super important) and see if that helps at all. Also, why are you taking a regular aspirin? Usually folks take a baby aspirin for blood clotting issues. BTW, your chart is looking very nice. You said yourself that your chart has never looked so good before. Your lp has lengthened nicely too so maybe the thyroid is not disrupting things too much?!?

If temps stay up I will likely start testing on Sunday. I will be 9dpo then and my AF is due on Tuesday. I have been slowly getting congested (nose and chest) and nauseus today along with the headache. I am hoping I am not just coming down with the flu that is becoming an epidemic.

Tiff - at least you now know where you stand. The uncertainty is frustrating. It is not unusual to have a bit of a whacky cycle just after a m/c so hang in there.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:28 am

Tiff- what you say makes a lot of sense, never thought of it that way. Thanks.... At this point I will stay on what I am taking and see if I can get my level to settle.

Shanessa- Thanks for the feedback, I think I started the supps around the same time but to be honest I am not 100% sure, COQ10 may be the 1st to go if I cant get leveled. :doh: I have taken a aspirin for yrs and yrs. Dr. has been fine with it, no condition for why I take it. I am sure that it is not the issue.

AFM- well off to a slow start this AM. For some strange reason I forgot to set my alarm last night... :doh: :doh: :doh: so I overslept by 1 1/2.. and my temp was way OFF.. It was 98.34. So I had to discard it. UGH... Not the time of the month I want to be doing that... :doh: Starting yesterday have been having some pulling/mild cramping, could be sympt or could be AF sympt.. trying not to overthink anything...

Apples- any NEWS???

I will check in Monday with everyone.. Have a great weekend
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:36 am

Will write a more detailed post later....but first a question.

I know the OPKs say the best time to test is between 1pm and 8pm. But what if you test starting a few hours after you get up until the time you go to bed at 11 or 12 to catch the surge?

Is there anything wrong with testing after 8pm?

I am asking because a young lady on Chart Stalkers said with 'absolute expert knowledge' in her tone that you are never supposed to test after 8pm at night.

I don't agree. I say you test OPKs as much as you want until you see the surge or establish your own body's pattern.

She also tried to tell me I ovulated on CD 6 and didn't pay attention to my wonky temps caused by my arthritis flare.

I'd love to hear what all of you have to say about this......
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:36 am

Will write a more detailed post later....but first a question.

I know the OPKs say the best time to test is between 1pm and 8pm. But what if you test starting a few hours after you get up until the time you go to bed at 11 or 12 to catch the surge?

Is there anything wrong with testing after 8pm?

I am asking because a young lady on Chart Stalkers said with 'absolute expert knowledge' in her tone that you are never supposed to test after 8pm at night.

I don't agree. I say you test OPKs as much as you want until you see the surge or establish your own body's pattern.

She also tried to tell me I ovulated on CD 6 and didn't pay attention to my wonky temps caused by my arthritis flare.

I'd love to hear what all of you have to say about this......
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 am

Jenni, I DEF do not think you O'd on cd 6. And you can test with opk every hour if you want. I do know the two times I have gotten pos in the evening I have tested around 6 and then again at 9 and both were pos so if I just tested at 9 it would still be positive. that really doesn't make any sense to me what she is saying..just imo.

Shanessa, hoping your symptoms are all about the bFP!! Looking forward to your testing.

Second, have your cycles been normal thru all the thyroid changes?

Apples..any more testing??? How are you? Symptoms? Is this the first time you have every ovulated late in your cycle?

ttc, how are you miss relaxed queen? I'm jelly :).

afm..I tested with hcg this morning and it was stark white..guess I am one of those women who have hcg in their system around o??? Oh well..hanging out at 3dpo..boring!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 am

Jenni- I have tested all hours and gotten postives at all diff times, I find if its there its there. close to O (I can feel it coming or happening, not sure which) I test 2 sometimes 3 times a day and all hours. also, try this site, it has great info.. PeeOnAStick.com the creator of that site has done it at all hours as well.. and I agree with Tiff, I dont think there is any way you Oed on CD6 and in reviewing your past months your around DPO 10-12 which would be now for you. Expect to see your temps jump in the next couple of days. I think the 6th was a fluke high IMO..
Last edited by Second_Chance on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am

Second - that's what I thought. I have never read ANYTHING to indicate you cannot test after a certain time of day.

For me, I know that my body is wonky in some respects. I get weird fluctuating high temps early on especially when I'm having a flare or I'm sick. I've learned to ignore that and pay attention to the other signs instead of relying on temp alone. If I relied on temp alone I would probably never get pregnant since I'm prone to fevers.

I'm a little irritated that the person on Chart Stalkers just seems to 'know' with certainty that I'm doing it wrong. Argh.... first time I've encountered 'know it all' behavior here on these boards. It was rampant on The Bump. That's why I left.

Thanks for the referral site.
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:37 am

sorry for that. I hate that also and have seen some of that over there even though I am not a poster there. I have really tried to educate myself and from what I read and am seeing with myself, EWCM is present when you are "peak" then the second it goes away that is when you O. The last 2 months I have consiously watched that and its right in line with my O, I almost turn creamy CM when I O. Sorry if TMI... but if it can help someone I will share. LOL :)
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am

Tiff- yes cycles have been realtively normal thru this with the expection of mid cycle bleeding 3 cycles ago when all this started with my thyroid being low. oh and temps were lower when my level was really low and after the fact the exausted, achy and cold all the time feeling should have clued me in to something being wrong... but I think our bodies just adapt and we dont catch it... :doh:
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 am

Second. well it sounds like you are on the right track to me. And, you taking those meds three hours apart there is no way it will interact.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:48 am

Hello All,
First, thanks for the well wishes on feeling better. I expect to be in flare for at least a month. I refuse to get the antibiotic since it makes me throw up.

Next welcome new members Simone and raybuth! Simone - you made me LOL with your posted conversation. :)

Shanessa - FXs for you. Good luck with the new flooring. I am originally from Philadelphia and watched the hurricane hit and demolish many places I used to frequent. I'm glad your home made it through.

Second - yay for supplements. I have plenty to say about them at the end of this post. On thyroid issues - your unstable levels could be the result of taking levothyroxine instead of name brand Synthroid. My doc says the generic doesn't work as well. You may want to question your doctor about it. Also, you need Vitamin D when you have low thyroid. Have you tried adding D to your supplement routine? Low D and low thyroid go together. Also, I don't see any interactions with the timing of your thyroid meds and supps. I take a boatload of supps. BUT do you drink milk or have any dairy products within four hours of your thyroid meds? Anything containing calcium will inhibit the thyroid meds working properly - including broccoli, cheese, milk, etc.

Tiff - sorry about your weird cycle and gah! temporary weight gain. Hang in there.

Momof2 - I don't seem to have that problem with my DH. We can be fighting like cats and dogs and he's ready to go even if he's mad at me. It's been a blessing since it's not a struggle to get him to cooperate on this. You did make me laugh though.

Apples - thanks for the encouragement and you made me LOL with the Jillian Michaels comment. :) I hope your HPT results in a sticky bean! :) Did you go get a FRER yet?

TTC - sounds like you are in a good head space. i hope you are able to stay there. good for you getting rid of things that weigh you down and consciously trying to be thankful for what you already have. I struggle with that too. i've also been organizing the house and am doing a 12 month house organization strategy i found on pinterest. it keeps me occupied, lightens the burden of keeping up with the house, and is in a small way an indirect preparation for a new baby but also has nice results even if we don't have one. how's WW going?

Hoopla - how are you?

AFM - On WW for about a week now. I don't weigh myself very often. I try to limit to once a week first thing in the morning. I'll probably do my first weigh-in on Monday or Tuesday. This is my fourth cycle charting. Three cycles ago I started additional supplement: CoQ10, and EPO the first part of my cycle. About a week ago I started OvaBoost and cut out the CoQ10 since it's already in there. If you look at my chart, this is the first cycle I've gotten multiple pos OPKs. The first three I was only getting a pos for a few hours on one day. This cycle I've gotten a pos three days in a row. So, we really are having a BD marathon. The good thing is we'll have a better chance of catching the egg. Now just hopeful that aside from my age and thyroid issues, nothing else is inhibiting conception. I'm on CD 11 and awaiting the cross hairs on FF. I think I probably am Oing today. Lots of o twinges and cramping the previous two days and much calmer today.
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am

tiffanynp wrote:Jenni, I DEF do not think you O'd on cd 6. And you can test with opk every hour if you want. I do know the two times I have gotten pos in the evening I have tested around 6 and then again at 9 and both were pos so if I just tested at 9 it would still be positive. that really doesn't make any sense to me what she is saying..just imo.

Tiff - I agree. I'm a pretty consistent girl considering all I have against me. Especially now that my cycle has lengthened due to proper thryoid meds. Not to mention the pos I've gotten the last three days on OPKS.

Thanks!
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 am

Hi all ... I will have to catch up with everyone individually when I have a bit more time but in the meantime....

Jenni, I think as long as you don’t use OPKs with FMU and try to test in the afternoon (as LH builds throughout the day) you should be fine no matter how late you test. AFM, I tested this cycle at 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. then again at 6:30 p.m. I got my +OPK at 6:30 p.m. even though I tested that same day at 1:00 p.m. The time span between my +OPK and O is usually 12-24 hours so don't always think that you will O 24-48 hours after a +OPK.
Actually I purchased an eBook on Friday, Personal Path to Pregnancy and learned quite a bit actually (I was surprised), she said " sperm can weaken over a period of days, it’s not surprising that the highest chance for pregnancy occurs when intercourse happens two days before, one day before or on the day of ovulation. Statistically, the best chance for conceiving is on any one of those 3 days." She also stated experts are divided about have sex the day after O, And if you were to conceive with an egg that may be past its “prime”, you may have a greater risk of miscarriage."

Another tip "Try to have sex at least every five days during the time you are not trying to conceive in an effort to flush out the sperm. This will ensure that you have healthy sperm at the time when you really need them! In order to keep sperm counts high, it is best for the male to abstain from any sex (or masturbation) for about 3 days before you start “trying” during your fertile window."

For low sperm count "the every other day approach is advised so you don’t reduce the sperm count too much." Also she says to BD in the morning as the sperm count is higher in the morning and higher in winter months than summer months.

I'll keep on giving more tips as I read through the book ... I was expecting to ask for a refund today (as there is a 60 day money back guarantee) but I have read a lot of things to consider I think it is worth the money.

Second, I think you asked me the dosage of Ubinquol (replacement for CoQ19 for those over 35), I was prescribed 2 x 200 mg morning and afternoon. It is just as expensive as the CoQ10 and harder to find!

ASM, 6DPO here and although I said I wouldn't be scouring the net to find if the sxs I am having are BFP signs, I am. I'm not quite jelly still as I REALLY just wanted to crawl back in bed this morning and NOT come to work but still keeping it stress-free. I was a little nervous as my temps started to go down early in LP and not rise but it seems they are now rising so I am not worried about them too much anymore.
I have to ask, has anyone else felt nauseous when doing yoga? I was doing my yoga yesterday (Bend, breathe and conceive dvd) and had to stop half way through because I swore I was going to hurl. I had to go upstairs and lay down for an hour… good thing I was doing my yoga when my DS was napping Strange! :?
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s