Cycling On Part Four

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On Part Four

Postby raybuth » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 am

Good morning, Ladies. I will need to read through all of your posting for the past few days, but here is an update from me in the meanwhile. My temp dropped today. It is still way above my coverline, but it seems to show the pattern I would expect as AF approaches. AF is due tomorrow, but I don't feel any indication that AF is on the way. It seems odd that I am not spotting yet, since I almost always spot for a day or two before AF arrives. Yet today, I am dry with no sign of spotting or any kind of CM. I wonder if the B6 is working to lengthen my luteal phase...

I did manage to keep myself from testing this morning and holding out at least until tomorrow. Uggghhh!!!! I think that last few days of the TWW must be the worst! Hopefully, I'll have a chance on my lunch break to get caught up. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

:babydustb: to all!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof2girls1017 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 am

Hi ray,
Hope she doesn't come for you :(
Im 6dpo. And my zit on my chin and my cranky attitude is a sign for me not feel positive and just except AF will be here next week :(

Have a good Monday and hope you get a BFP
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 am

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Monday to you..not for me but I am hoping you are having one :).

ttc, Very good info..thanks for sharing. And no the few times I have done yoga I did not get nauseous :). I did have gas..haha! Anyway, I think that sounds like a VERY promising thing. And if bfp your hcg does kick in even before implantation and can cause symptoms..read that on justmommies.com.

Ray, I do hope the old witch doesn't show. But an improved lp is great news..if bfn something pos is coming out of this cycle :).

momof2...hoping the zit is a sign of a bfp coming your way. Amazing how us three are on the same dpo.

Jenni...it sure sounds like you are doing all things perfectly to catch that eggie :).

Apples, how are you dear?? Still getting bfp???

Shanessa, are you testing??

Second, how are you today??

Hoopla, let us know how you are :). We are all rooting for you!!

afm....Well, I am sitting here at 6dpo and I am NAUSEOUS as hell and I am taking NO progesterone this cycle. If this sticks thru tomorrow and it is not just a fluke then I might be getting hopeful. Usually by tomorrow my symptoms go away. So, I have to tell you a couple of things because ya'll won't think I am a freak if it turns out to be a bfn.. :rofl:
So, Friday dh was in the backyard and saved a bunny from our dogs. Well with dd we found a dead rabbit in our backyard. When he was texting me about the incident I didn't say anything to him (even though it crossed my mind)..later that day he text me and said I am taking this bunny thing to mean we are getting pregnant. I told him, "yeah I thought it but didn't say anything for false hope".
Then the next night or that night (and I hadn't seen any pics of babies or seen them on TV because you know how you dream about stuff you see during day) I had a dream where I was standing and dd was grabbing on to my leg and then there was an infant grabbing onto her with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes...this is was my second healthy baby!!! I have NEVER had a dream like that. With dd I did dream of a bfp. That totally freaked me out. Hoping all of this is "something" but you all know how all that goes.
So, my symptoms today are NAUSEA, sore throat, runny nose, sleeplessness, gassy, BLOATED. FX this is all something and not just Clomid palying a very cruel trick on me.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:15 am

Hello ladies - I can't weigh in on the OPKs since I don't use them. I can say that I agree that folks should not come across as if they KNOW exactly what others should or should not be doing. We are all different and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another (unfortunately).

Jenni - Good luck with your BD marathon. I was thinking about purchasing the OvaBoost. I would love to lengthen/strengthen my cycles a bit more. Have you had any sensitivities to it (nausea, headaches, etc..)?

TTC - you are a fountain of information. Keep on sharing! I don't do yoga (probably should though) but maybe it is not the yoga that was making you nauseaus. :) :shock: You said your temps went down (was that within the last 2 days?). Maybe that was implantation and you are responding to the flood of hcg entering your system. I read about a woman who had implantation on 5dpo and she tested 5 days later and was pregnant. Just a thought.

Raybuth - Hope it works out for you. Good luck testing tomorrow.

Momof2 - sorry your week is off to a cranky start.
Hoopla - where are you?

Apples - you left us hanging about your BFP!!!

Tiff - we were posting at the same time so I saw yours. Those are all awesome signs and premonitions! My DS keeps telling me things like, Mommy we won't need to go down the baby aisle in the grocery store until when you have the baby in your belly (he has mentioned this on 2 separate occassions). This makes me believe that my second one is coming soon...maybe just not this cycle. :( But I am excitedly hopeful for you though. :) Wouldn't that be awesome considering how wonky this cycle was for you. The stories you can tell... :)

Hello everyone else :)

AFM - 10dpo. Temp dropped this a.m. (still above cover) after steady increases the last three days. Took a test yesterday (old FRER I had) and even before using my magnifying glass I can see that it was negative. Oh well. I was very hopeful this cycle (as in past cycles) due to the volume of sharp cramping I was having (rarely have cramping with AF, maybe one day 3-4 days before but always mild) and the increase in temps. The optimistic side of me says that Hey, maybe this is my implantation :). The realist in me says Girl, can't you see the writing on the wall. :roll: Both sides of me agree I probably need to be committed. :wink: I was feeling a little low this morning when I first temped but have since picked myself up. If, by some miracle, my temps rise again tomorrow then I will test on Wed. If they continue their downward spiral, I will welcome AF on Wednesday. Either way Wednesday will be D day for me.

BTW, despite some issues I had with the contractor on Friday, my basement looks AMAZING! Can't wait to use it.

Have a great day and I will check back later or tomorrow.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:43 am

Happy Monday.... back to the beginning of the work week.... sigh

Jenni- Yes, the Dr moved me back to actual "synthroid" brand same dose, to see if that will help. Which vit D do you take? I take my thyroid pill alone at 5a and then eat around 8a, (oatmeal (no milk) and a banana) so I dont think that is the issue. You look to be 3DPO, fingers crossed for you. Were you able to check out that website I told you about? lots of good info on there.

TTC- Excellent info from the book your reading, very insightful. Keep it coming, I feel more and more impowered the more I hear. Hope your tummy upset was due to a little present coming your way. :)

Ray- Is your LP getting longer each month? If not dont worry, I have heard it can take 90 days for supps to be really effective. You are so right, the last few days are stressful... drives me crazy.. Keep us posted and hope you get a BFP very very soon.

Tiff- Everything sounds very promising for you, bunnies, babies, dreams, nauseous... my fingers are crossed for you. When will you start testing.

Shanessa- :hugs: Hugs for your rough start today... I think we all know where you are coming from. Hope tomorrow or Wed. brings you the good news, god love the little ones, they say the most touching things..

Apples- Anything????? Any update, I checked your chart, and it looks really GOOD........nice high temps still..

Hi to everyone else-

AFM- DPO9, up until today I had mild cramping and pressure off and on the 1st 8 days, not sure what that is all about... any idea's?? I will be documenting this and watching for it going forward if this is not the month. I wonder it is was the egg (fert or unfert) working its way thru... Its gone today. Yesterday was feeling icky all day long, just not like myself. My temp spiked high yesterday AM but I ran sat morning and had not done that in a while so I wonder if it was from that.... temp back down some today but higher than its been in DPO.. I am not testing..... I usually will get a tiny bit of VERY light spotting when I check for CM on CD11 and CD12 which tells me AF is coming.. so I have decided to wait and test on CD13 if I see nothing... Testing date would be Friday which is when AF would come... I think I feel better in my mind to keep thinking its possible rather than a let down and just waiting for AF to come... UGH... the mind games we play...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:50 am

Shanessa, love dd comments..I think babies are "in tune" like pets. God's little spirits :). Hoping your af doesn't show on Wednesday. Proud of you for picking yourself up..somedays it is harder to do that then others for sure. CONGRATS on the basement!!! I love basements..my grandparents used to have one in Kansas..they were just always so neat to me as a kid. I'm sure there is probably no one in Texas that has one...haha!

Second..oh yes..the mind games we play..UGH is right. I used to not test early but then I figured out for me if I don't have a pos on 10dpo then it is pretty certain to be a bfn and it takes me that long to pick myself up and accept af and then I am usually pos by the time af gets here..so that is my mind game. I also go on serious dieting with bfn and during af..that too makes me feel better to start the next cycle with less of me..hehee. That cramping going away could be good..you implanted and it is settled in or bad you didn't implant. UGH..no way to know for sure. I have always read you want your symptoms to get "more" as testing time approaches but then you hear of women who have no symptoms at all. So, who knows??? Hoping it is a good thing for you and that fert egg is happy in its new home..fx!

Oh and I will test on Friday too..10dpo. I am going to try and wait out the need to pee at 9dpo. We do refinance on our house that day and I don't want to look like a depressed creature (due to bfn) that day as we are sitting in closing..kwim!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 am

Good Morning All,
Thanks for everyone that weighed in on my earlier question.

TTC - I agree with what you said above. I got my first pos OPK on CD 9 late in the evening around 9:15pm. Then on CD 10 I got pos through the day. I always wait to test until I've been up a few hours, then I tend to test about every 3-4 hours so I can pattern my surge. My last pos was CD 11 at about noon. We BD'd on CD9, 10 and 11. Hopefully it worked. I have never gotten nauseous doing yoga, but could your blood sugar have been a bit low?

Ray - It sounds like the B6 is working. So don't stress to much over things being a bit different. I've notice a ton of changes since adding certain supplements...all good changes.

Momof2 - is a break out a typical sign for you? If it is, it could still mean pregnancy sxs. If not, then I'd say something's different.

Tiff - I sure hope we did this time. As for being crazy? I don't think you are. I think our bodies and sub conscious brains sometimes know things before we know them. I've read that if you've got a dog they sense it before you know and will become clingy and protective and want to sit on your lap a lot. We are refinancing our house too but just in paperwork stage. Congrats on that! And I think you're also right to wait on testing.

Shanessa - I have had no sensitivities to the OvaBoost that I would be able to separate out from how I feel every day. With auto immune arthritis I have weird symptoms, am prone to fevers and sometimes fatigue. So, I would have to say no - the OvaBoost has been fine for me. And Yay for your basement being done. :)

Second - glad your dr. moved you back to the brand name. you should see some good improvement there. the site is on my list for today. our weekends are always so crammed or we're passed out on the fam room couches being vegetables. this weekend was a bit of both. I also think you are right to wait on testing.

Hello to EOE! :)

AFM, the weekend flew by. DH was sick with an all day headache on Sat, and I was pretty bad with my flare yesterday. We had a church group gathering to attend yesterday afternoon and I had a hard time getting through it even though I enjoy social events. I was very hot (probably running a fever), having hand tremors and feeling shaky. These are new symptoms in the progression of my arthritis and it's very frustrating. My body does not cooperate when I need it to. Needless to say I crashed when we got home (after only a 2 hour event) and my plans to get on the elliptical were thwarted. I was so exhausted and fatigued it was all I could do to help DH prepare dinner. We watched our usual Sunday night line-up: Once Upon a Time and Downton Abbey then headed to bed. We never go to bed right away. DH plays games on his iPad and I either read or pin on Pinterest. I've recently gotten back to reading and I have found it helps me sleep better. We were lights out by midnight. I slept til 10:30 this morning. It's the best remedy for my arthritis flare. I sleep a lot during flares so it's good that my work is project based an I'm not on a project right now. As for the race for a baby, this was the first cycle I got three consecutive days of pos OPKs. I think the supplements and new thyroid meds have really kicked in - this is the fourth cycle for all of them. We hit the BD marathon just right on CD 9 (first day of pos OPK) and continued to CD 11 (last pos OPK) with a break on CD 12 and 13 since we were both sick. I'm hopeful but not getting my hopes up. If it doesn't take this time it's off to the doc I go to get an RE referral to see if there's anything we can do to bolster egg production. I will not do IUI, IVF or donor eggs so it's gotta be something that will just help us conceive naturally with a little help. I've lost about 2.2 lbs since starting WW and I'm hopeful I will see a steady decline in my weight. I have big plans to get at least 90 min on the elliptical today. I feel so much better than yesterday but that could change in an instant. Ok, off to do chores and do some sewing today.
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:44 am

Jenni...it does still sound like you did everything you could during this fertile window..you should be hopeful :). I am thankful that you are open to discuss your arthritis and how you deal with it. You seem to really have a handle on it. I am so glad you got the rest you needed and you feel better today. Hoping you get your 90mins as you want on the elipitical today..you go girl!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Tiff - I just think that since I don't look sick it's easier to just be honest about it. I was infected with all four types of salmonella on a trip to the then USSR in 1990. I never presented food poisoning symptoms. The bacteria harbored in my joints and in 2008, nearly 16 years later, I presented with a major flare. To look at me move and walk you would have thought I was a 90 year old woman. I was diagnosed through a series of blood tests in May 2008 when it was discovered I had all the antibodies for all four types of salmonella in my blood. Mind you that two of those types do not exist in North America so that's how we narrowed it down to my trip to Russia.

My autoimmune arthritis mimics Rheumatoid, but I don't have the joint degradation and gnarled hands that most with Rheumatoid usually get. When I'm in remission I have a low grade pain that is constantly with me. When I'm in flare I present with fevers, tremors, flu-like symptoms and massive inflammation in my joints and major organs though it seems to rotate around and pick one place to be bad. This time it's my lower half. Yesterday I felt like I had been flattened by a Mack truck from my waist down.

I've decided to just be honest about it b/c the fact is I'm partially disabled. I must use the handicapped stalls when out in public, and sometimes I need to park as close as possible or I need dropped off at the entrance. I also can't manage steps very well so I will take the elevator or escalator. I sometimes get funny looks using the handicap stalls so if warranted I simply tell them I have arthritis. It's amazing how people will treat you if they think you look healthy but try to take advantage of the facilities available for those that have issues like mine.

No I don't need a cane, a wheel chair, nor do I have a handicap sticker yet. The ironic thing about my condition is it actually helps to have a balance of movement and activity. Even when I'm in flare I endeavor to still exercise, though at a slower pace, and I try to keep up with my housekeeping and chores. If I stop and don't work through the pain, I may not move again, so better to keep on and push through. I also need to lose the weight I gained from my thyroid issues, b/c less weight and pressure on my joints means less pain overall even in remission.

I constantly am walking a balance beam. While I don't get mad any more that I can't do what I used to do, I still find it frustrating when my body doesn't cooperated. Last Wednesday I got nothing done b/c I was so miserable, I just laid on the couch all day and napped on and off. The same yesterday even though we went to church and we went out later. It was really hard but I pushed through. The trick I've found is to just let myself have those days and not get on myself about losing a day of housework or project work, and to let myself sleep as much as I need.

They've done studies that show anyone with an autoimmune condition like Lupus, auto immune arthritis and Fibromyalgia need to indulge in sleep. Thankfully for me, DH takes care of DSS in the a.m. and gets him off to school. By the time DSS gets home at 2:45pm I'm up and doing my thing and take care of things til DH gets home. Then we split the responsibility according to how I'm feeling.

This may be TMI, but my arthritis also makes the BD kind of a challenge sometimes. This past week I forced myself through it b/c my desire for a baby outweighs the pain I am in. There are no studies about my condition inhibiting pregnancy, but there are studies that show most women go into remission when they get pregnant. My guess is the flood of hormones regulates the inflammation and brings it to down to a very low level. They do recommend that anyone with my type of arthritis have a scheduled C, so that's what we'll do when it comes time.

This got long, but there's a lot to say about it. If anyone wants to ask me any questions I'd be happy to answer. I feel like so many times people don't talk about their chronic conditions. I have a friend who has Lupus and it took her 5 years to tell me. It was only when I was flaring in 2008 that she finally confided in me. She's afraid people will treat her differently. I would rather people know I was sick, then think I was a bi#$@ for not showing up to events and social things. But each to their own I suppose.

:) Thanks for the encouraging words.
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Yes, Jenni it does sound like RA. I love it when I meet educated people about thier own diseases. Autoimmune diseases have always intrigued me. My ex had MS and we dealt with flare ups and remissions alot. It sounds like you are not a stubborn @ss (excuse my language here) like he was and you are doing what you should do to cope the best you can. (btw he cheated on me is the reason I am justified in him being an ex and calling him an @ss..didn't want you to think it had anything to do with me not accepting his diagnosis..problem was he didn't accept it and found/wanted a woman that didn't know he had it).
And, I too agree the more you know about someone the easier it is to be "real" with them. Not knowing or telling I think is def worse.
So, do you think that maybe you should apply for handicap tag for car just so you can use on the days that are bad?? Not my business but that is what struck me..I thought before I read..hope she has a tag for the flare up days.
Anyway, thanks for sharing.
Oh and I am so glad to hear about decreasing of symptoms during pregnancy..I think that happens in women with ms too. Hopeful for you this cycle!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Apples* » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Argghh! Have missed so much and am now typing on phone with one finger! Will post a proper post later in in the week to catch up with you all.

AFM, still no AF and had that weird thin line on my poas thread pic post. I just don't know anymore what to think. I keep feeling like AF is coming any sec but not here yet. Will test with my last remaining digi on Thursday morn as that is the day FF recommends to test. Just wanted to fill you guys in!

Much love and best of luck to everyone!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:53 am

Thank you for sharing your story Jenni and Tiff I have to admit I am ignorant when it comes to others illnesses but I am glad you shared your story. You both seem like determined, independant women overcoming the obstacles that life throws you .. I mean who ever thought a vacation would lead to that Jenni. Knowing people's backgrounds helps me to relate more to what they are going through vs me being a stubborn Virgo that I can be and thinking "I don't understand why people take so much medication (OTC or RX)" ... heck I don't even take an advil/tylonel for a pounding headache becuase I feel my body is trying to tell me something more is wrong then the superficial headache (I will try to get to the root cause). I never knew artritus was so cripling and thought it only occured when your old .... my ignorance and thank you for clearing that up!

Apples, I know what you are going through but FX it isn't AF

Hi EOE I hope all your cycles are BFP

AFM, I'm bummed out today, thinking all my sxs are in my head ... I'm only 7DPO so I know it's way too early just being a Debby Downer today. I have been really tired lately (almost falling asleep at 7 pm) but that could be the weather (Canadian winters always give me the blahs ... I'm cold and the dampness gets right to my bones and THERE IS NO SNOW .... I mean I'm not a lover of snow but if it's going to be cold I want the snow. It's like getting a big banana split with no whip cream or cherry! .... mmmmm ice cream ~ can you tell I'm on a diet?)
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 am

momof2girls1017 – It’s not over yet, but I understand your attitude :). For me, once I know AF is on the way, it’s time to look forward.

Tiffany – I loved your rabbit story…here’s hoping there is something to that!

Shanessa – Hang in there! I hope today is better :).

Second – You are strong not to test! I hope you are feeling better today.

Jenni – I love Downton Abbey, but can’t get DH to watch it with me :(. It must be frustrating to deal with the arthritis flares. It sounds like you did everything right this cycle! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Apples – I know I could not wait to test again until Thursday! Sure hoping for you!!

TTC – I agree regarding the snow! If it’s going to get that cold, the snow is wonderful. That is one thing I miss being down here in the southern states now. I was conceived in Toronto , born in Buffalo and spent lots of time visiting in Ontario over the years. Lovely place – especially in the summer!

Hello to EOE :)!

AFM - I am saddened to say that AF did arrive for me this morning - right on time . She arrived like a lamb this month, so I am grateful for that. No cramps, no spotting, no bloating or backache. I knew before I got out of bed when I saw that my temp had dropped again. Luckily, she was there waiting for me this morning, so I do not have to spend the entire day wondering!

I promised myself last month that I would give TTC 6 months before I start to panic, so today, I am just sad . I so wish we had started TTC sooner. Now I feel like I am a in a huge race against time to capture that last remaining good egg that I know is there and waiting for us. I turn 44 in April. My doctor says there is no magical age and I should not worry, but all the material out there is so disheartening for those of us 43 and older. I really want one more of my own. That is not to say that I am not very grateful for the wonderful DSS and DS that God has given me. I just have more love to give. By the end of the year, if we can't conceive, than we will be onward to considering either a donor egg or adoption.

Now that I've had a brief pity party on my end, I figure if I'm out, I am out and we might as well move on. Right?? So for me, I am onward to cycle #4, so I'm right back in the saddle.

:goodluck2:

Good luck for all of you that are still in the running this cycle.
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:30 am

Apples..yeah I am in shock you are strong enough to wait to test. Good grief I would probably be testing three times a day at this point. I hope that line on Thursday is as dark as the control for you..FX!

ttc...I understand the "downess"..it is hard to be in this tww and everyday is such a dang rollercoaster it makes me crazy. Yesterday I could have bet you 1000k I was pregnant. Today..not so much. I don't enjoy this at all. But, all we can do is keep going right :).
And, I absolutely HATE cold. I just don't think there is anything great about it. I live in Texas and there is snow on the ground this morning and it just makes me miserable. The only time I am happy with it is if we are off work..haha. Be a debbie downer or whoever you feel on here at anytime. This was an awesome fertile window for you though...hopeful for you! When will you begin testing??

Raybuth, I totally get your pity party. It is so hard to not have one. I always allow myself 24hours of a pity party when I get a bfn or af. I just had that discussion with dh on Sunday. How I feel "stuck" in life and it is depressing me. I can't not ttc because of my age but I can't seem to move forward to "live" outside of it. I'm not sure that made sense. But, I can become so depressed with this entire process and always feel like every month is so important and so defeating. Basically, after our full blown talk..we still have to keep being stuck because that is our only option at this point and the payoff is well worth it as we look at our dd. It is just hard in your 40's because of all the info out there. All that to say, I am sorry and I understand :hugs:

afm..7dpo and feel less symptoms then yesterday. I and my dh are also sick with a cold so it is making it hard to distinguish preg symptoms from cold :(. Symptoms remaining..sore throat, REGULAR uterine cramping, burning boobs with underarm pain, GASSY (OMG, I am trying to hide it at work..not good), low-lying nausea, and ONE WEIRD one..I woke up at 1:30 with the taste of blood in my mouth?? I got up and blew my nose and it wasn't in my nose. You don't think my throat could be bleeding do you from this cold or whatever it is???
My plan...I will test on Thursday at 9dpo and then again on Friday. If Friday negative, I will consider I am out. I changed to testing to Thursday because if bfp then I will need to do blood work to figure out progesterone level since I am not on it this cycle. If I wait until Friday I won't get results back until Monday..can you imagine..no way I will be a basket case!
So, i wasn't going to obsess this cycle..but then i thought even if I do or don't obsess it isn't going to change the result so I might as well obsess...haha! Still my fav thing someone said on this site one time was "wouldn't it be great if the instant we got preg our belly button turned blue or something". Now that would be awesome..don't you agree :)!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks for the comfort, ladies :).

I have to say, if the belly button turned blue, I would spend all day looking at it and questioning the hue! :rofl:
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend