TTC - first time on fertility medication...

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC - first time on fertility medication...

Postby hopeandfaith67 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 am

Hi TTC family...I am new here and looking for some wisdom and insight from all of you that have been through this before...

I am 45, have 4 children from a previous marriage and my youngest is 18. All normal healthy pregnancies in my 20s. This past year I got re-married to a wonderful man, younger than me who has no children. We went straight to RE after the wedding to start testing... I had been off birth control for a year and no luck.

My lab work was all normal except my DHEA sulfate that came back high 301 when they would like it 200 max? I now am on low dose prednisone 2.5 daily.

AMH came back at .78 which he said for my age was actually good :) (hoping I still have a few good ones in there!)

We started treatment in December:
FEMRA CD4-8
Menopur CD8-9
U/S day CD10 - showed 4 follicles, 2 on each side, largest was 16mm and lining 7.
Trigger shot - Ovidrel on CD12
Timed intercourse CD10- CD16
*No CM - my whole body felt dried out which worries me
Progesterone level CD19 which came back at 28 (Nurse said good result)
Booster shot - Ovidrel on CD 21
Now 2WW - I am an emotional mess

I am miserable from all the medication and it feels like every other day there is a wave of a new symptom.. I had no idea that I would feel so lousy the entire month on the different medication. I guess I really did not know what to expect except the nurse said that you will have normal PMS...this is not normal. Anyone have any advice on how to help with all of the symptoms?

Headache - I had to take Tylenol once, tyied hard to avoid it the entire time but I had blurry vision (which I do get around my period from the hormone surges) Every day while on Femra and then again with the booster shot.
Bloated - intermittently all month. I had 1 normal day :(
Constipation - seems worse after the HCG shots.
Low back pain - was severe for 3-4 days around OV
Big mood swings - Emotional mess CD4-10 on Femra and Menopur and again now CD 24.

I would love to hear from anyone that has had similar symptoms, and has any words of advice!

Hope and Faith to all~
hopeandfaith67

Re: TTC - first time on fertility medication...

Postby 10thtimearound » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 pm

I just wanted to say good luck!!! I am sorry I have no advice for you regarding your situation. I only did clomid about 10 cycle and IUI once with NO triggers or injectable meds. I do know that even just with clomid I was thrown for a loop on how crappy and such sever mood swings! I hope things improve and you see your BFP soon!!!
Birth/Grief Support Doula, Busy Mom to 9 ttcing #10

5 girls ,4 boys. 22,20,18,( 5 years unexplained infertility) 11,10,8,7,5,2

Nine 1st trimester losses, Two 2nd trimester losses at 17 wks(Pathology came back normal both times) :(
ImageImageImage
My Ovulation Chart
10thtimearound
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: TTC - first time on fertility medication...

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:32 pm

HI Hopeandfaith- wow sounds like you are going thru alot right now.. and I personally dont have any experience with any of the stuff you are on but I wonder if your body just needs time to adapt to it all just like when you start new supplements. Maybe give it a couple of cycles and see if symptoms subside.. if not, I would go back and talk to the Dr and see if they can adapt anything..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 40s