Cycling On...Part 5

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycling On...Part 5

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:23 am

Hello everyone:

I think we were due for a new page.

Hoopla - you have me in suspense. I am praying all went well with your u/s. :|

Tiff - It is definitely hard when others have found success and you are still trying. But this could be yet another sign that this cycle is the good one for you. Hang in there. One more day to test! :)

Apples - I had such high hopes for you this cycle. I know it is poor consulation but at least your LP is strong (my latest fixation :roll: )

EOE - Good morning, hope things are progressing well with you.

AFM - 12dpo - still no sign of AF yet but today should be the day. Temp dropped to the coverline this a.m. so just waiting, waiting, waiting... Feeling like crap today (congested, sore throat, light headed, tired) so I think I am coming down with a cold. I hope that it is only a cold and not the flu that is going around. I am doctoring on it now that I don't have to worry about affecting a pregnancy. If I can get away with it, I plan to stay away from everyone at work today, close my door and put my head down. Of course, I have a frosted glass wall so it is not like I won't be visible with my head on the desk but I will just pretend I am really engrossed in a report. Hah!

Have a lovely day everyone. I will be stalking for news from Hoopla :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Cycling On...Part 5

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:35 am

Hoopla...I have been stalking my email all night and this morning. I do hope everything is well...for some reason I beleive it is. They say all pregnancies are different.

Shanessa, Well, I have that same crud and it is NO fun :(. Last night was awful as far as runny nose and sore throat goes. Take meds is all I can say. Get a good decongestant..you will need it. I hope it is a short course for you. And sorry about af.

Well, feeling pretty NONhopeful about a bfp this cycle. I don't really have any symtoms anymore except this darn cold stuff. I did test today at 8dpo with a 5hour hold and it is pretty stark white :(. I only tested because I wanted to take a decongestant today. I will test tomorrow but not hopeful now :(.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof2girls1017 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

hoopla , praying for you -- please post ASAP

and did I just read that post right? I can test 8dpo? even with a dollar store pregnancy test? I mean technically Im not getting my AF till 23 of the month and its only 16th ..isnt that early?

bc let me tell you -- you dont have to twist my arm to POAS...lol
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hoopla » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 am

Hello Everyone,

Good news on my ultrasound. Sorry to leave everyone in suspense! Just getting up -I think I am the last time zone on here in California..... We saw the little one with a nice heartbeat of 175! Growth was exactly a millimeter per day from the last ultrasound. Feeling much better!! I have another one on the 25th to check on timing for a CVS. With my last pregnancy we weren't able to do a CVS as the placenta was not cooperating. Really hope it works this time as I am waiting to announce until after the results.

Hope everyone is doing well! Will keep stalking our site to find out about testing results! Hoping for some BFPs! Sorry about the temp dip Apples. Let us know when AF shows.

Have a great day everyone!
M
Me:42
DH: 43
Currently TTC #2
Darling Son born June 17, 2011
Stopped BF #1 in May 2012
Cycle 2: Chemical Pregnancy
Cycle 9: BFP ended in blighted ovum and D and C
Trying again....
Cycle 1 again. =BFP!!
Hoopla
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 am

Awesome Hoopla! Doesn't that just release some of the anxiety?!? Soo happy for you.

Now I can stop stalking and sneak a nap 8)

Momof2 - I believe that you test according to your LP length. If you have a 12 day LP (i.e. 12 days between O and AF) then you should likely get something on a HPT as early ast 9 or 10 dpo. If you have a 15 day LP then probably 12 or 13 dpo might show positive on a HPT. Just my nonscientific approach. Of course, if you are a POAS addict, you can test everyday of the cycle to get your fix on. :rofl:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 am

AF IS HERE!!! Lol what a mind messer this cycle was! Lessons I've learnt...
1) Do not buy Internet cheapies!
2) Do not buy blue dye tests!
3) Just wait for AF as clomid may lengthen your lp (which is good!)

I'm okay about it all. Taking a nice break from sticking a thermometer up my pachenga every morning at 5am and will enjoy blissful sleep! Will be still cheering you all on and joining in as usual but will not be trying until around June (ish).

Thanks for all of the help and support girls. It was really nice to have someone to share it all with! Xx

Hoopla! Yay for you! Great news! That must have really put your mind at rest!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 am

Wow. not even 24 hours and look at all I have missed.....

Let me start with Hoopla- YAY for you... so glad everything was good for you at the appt. I have felt all along this was your time.. So HAPPY FOR YOU... :jump: :jump: :happyforyou:

Apples- AH, I dont know what to say, what a freaking cruel joke that is... Hopefully the brand was not called Up and Up from target. I got 2 evaps from that and had read after the fact they were NOT RELIABLE... So sorry.. LOL on the tempting.. I to do not temp for those 5 days.. nice little mental break for me..

Shanessa- Hugs to you.. sorry your not feeling great, I am in step with you also, temp dropped again for me today as well, but still above cover but hand writing is there... Our ground hogs day starts all over again...UGH

Mom- Things sound good for you, keep us posted, fingers crossed the nuts were a small sign for you. Also, we may have talked about this already, if so forgive me... but if your BBTs are low you might get your thyroid checked to ensure its not low...

Ray- My understanding is it takes about 3 months of taking supps to see the true results. Dont stop the B6, it will work with time...for sure talk to your doc about the progesterone issue, It cant hurt to try it and see if that is the missing piece you needed..

Tiff- 8 DPO is really early.. though I dont have to tell you that...LOL... dont give up, so many people say every pregnancy is different from one to the next..

AFM- Nothing... my temp dropped again today so just waiting to get ready for next cycle..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 am

Hoopla, YAY glad the u/s went well!! That is AWESOME!! Bet you are breathing much better now. So glad!

mmm, you can test any day you want too. Some people start at 6dpo..I personally think that is a little early. You do have to have had implanted before hcg will build up in blood and then in urine. 8dpo is the earliest I have ever tested and this was the first time. I have gotten a pos hpt with the angel baby at 9dpo. So, for me according to my lp 9dpo is a pretty good indicator. I am not supposed to get af until 22nd. I am officially a poas addict now though :). I tested today so I would feel comfortable with taking a decongestant..because nothing else is helping me right now!

Apples, please check in with us on your healthy journey. We would love to know how it goes and how awesome you are doing!!! Sorry about the rough cycle..I hate those!!

Second, good to see your post. Sorry about that temp drop. You sound pretty good though. Onward and upward right :)
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Update...so I am in a private "nov mom" group on fb. It is all the mom's from this website that had Nov babies. They are really fabulous women and we have all now been together for almost two years. It is a safe group and has women from all over and all different ages. Anyway..I posted my pic of my hpt from this morning on there and one of the girls tweaked it and now they all say they can see a faint gray line right where it should be??? I can see it too now. And, then I had them all re-look at my numerous OPK's (crazy late O cycle; first after mc) and they say that O day was cd20 not cd19 so that would put me at 7dpo. Still not hopeful but at least a little more hope is back .

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx30 ... 7EE94C.jpg
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 am

OMG once again my post got erased when my computer flickered ... so here we go again

Apples, sorry about AF. If it was me I would be writing the manufacturer, every board I could find about TTC and the place I bought those pregnancy tests from and complain …. I am so sorry that you had such a rollercoaster this cycle. It just clicked that you are on Clomid… how are you liking it, any side effects, how long have you been on it? The reason for all my questions is that my family doctor said if all else fails he would prescribe it for me but I heard it doesn’t work for those over 40 (I can’t remember where I heard that though) but obviously I heard wrong. What made you take it?

Tiff, I will test on Monday (13DPO) … I try not to test on weekends and get depressed when this is the 2 whole days I get to spend with my DS … just a rule I have.

Hoopla, so glad to hear

Ray, sorry to hear about AF but great attitude moving forward!

ASM, I don’t think these are pregnancy signs … might be I’m coming down with something but this is what I have been going through this week:
1. Scatter brained – I cannot keep a thought in my head and my concentration is nil. All this week at work it has taken me to get 1/3 of the way through a project that should have taken my one day
2. Nauseous – all week I have woken and feel like I’m going to hurl. This morning I only had ½ my banana because it tasted too mushy and ate one bite of my home made blue berry bran muffin because when I broke it open it just didn’t look right like there were sticky pieces spider webbing through it so I threw that out too …. So now I have no breakfast! And I will get hungry in about an hour ugggh
3. Exhausted – I have a great night’s sleep and all I want to do is go back to bed. Last night I couldn’t stay up til 9:00 I went to bed at 8:30 just couldn’t keep my eyes open.
I need to share with everyone these 2 websites:
1. http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ This website is awesome (was in my eBook) it is a database for all personal items and the toxins each item contains (like Scope mouth wash) with an overall rating. As we all know that toxins can cause infertility so it is nice to see how your personal items rate… personally I am have ordered new all natural shampoo, conditioner, hairspray and deodorant (all for under $25.00) at my newest favourite site to shop http://www.well.ca . I also get my vitamins from here too. I love it free shipping, I get my goods in 2-3 days no hassle return (which is free) … it’s easier than me going to the store to find out they don’t have what I want.
2. http://blogs.babble.com/toddler-times/2 ... our-toilet This site is just too funny … I have not experienced any of this but the closest I came is when my outlaws came over and left the bathroom door open and we found my DS with his head in the toilet (like he was washing his hair)… luckily MIL did flush before DS did this
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof2girls1017 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

ok girls im calling an endocronologist bc my hair has been falling out more than normal/ and yrs ago (8 yrs to be exact) I use to see an endo bc I had a mild case of Hyper thyroid...and I think it may have come back...
I was being treated (blood work and follow ups) during my first pregnancy .(no meds)..and then I never got it agaiN /weird right?

also can one of my cyber girlfriends help me out with numbers /calculations? If my cycle is 29 days (every month like clockwork) and on the 11 day after my period (counting period as day 1) --cycle day 11 i got a smiley face which means any time from that moment to 48 hours later i ovulated) and then from that day to my next period is 18 days ? thats too long >> right >

dec 26 period
january 6 smiley day - bd jan 5, 6, 8 (january 9th smiley gone)
January 23 AF expected (what DPO am I ? )

HELP ME SORT THIS OUT? PLEASE -- ps NO SYMPTOMS TODAY AT ALL ..nada zilch nothing....and BTW i am SO HAPPY THAT ARE LITTLE GROUP OF GIRLS IS GETTING SOME BFPs ??YEA FOR US
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:59 am

momof 2 - so you should have O'd anytime between Jan. 6 to Jan 8 .. do you temp? If you do then that would be so helpful and we would know the exact day you O'd .... do you normally get a +OPK on CD11? On CD1 was that your first FULL day of flow or just spotting?

Without the above questions being answered and based on the infomation you gave I would say your LP is 16-17 days (which is good) as long as it's less than 20 but more than 12 your ideal ... the longer the LP the better the chance for implantation. I would say if you did in fact O on CD12 or CD13 you are either DPO 10 or DPO11 (if you can hold off try test on Monday that way you would be DPO14 or DPO15)
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 pm

HI everyone

been a crazy busy day... Just getting a chance to check in.. :)

Tiff- sounds like you maybe were off a day... anything today?? fingers crossed for you.. Hoping the line gets stonger and stronger..

TTC- I had that happen to me last week. Stupid computer just froze and I lost my whole book I had wrote.. Aggravating.. Thanks for the websites will have to check them out. Your DS story is hysterical... made me laugh.. Will be waiting to hear how Monday's tests go.. Sounding good so far.. Fingers crossed.

Mom- It sure does sounds like your thyroid.. are you cold, tired and body/muscle achy as well? all symptoms of low thyroid, try to get checked ASAP, your reg Dr can do a blood test for it, it takes 6 weeks to regulate in your body if it is in fact low, so the sooner the better.. (going thru all this now) Hum... I think TTC is right, but I think 18 days LP seems really high, possible I am sure but it seems high, wonder if you tried to O but didnt... which would then cause you to surge again later and change O date... (again happened to me 1 month, making my BD totally off,) that is when I decided I was making the BD end on temps alone... so far I have been almost spot on for BD as a result of tempting..

AFM- NADA... 12DPO, temps keep dropping day after day, its been 4 days of temps going lower day after day, but still no sign of AF coming, do have sore ta tas and body feels a bit crampy.. but I have had that since O... its very normal for me to have a tiny bit of spotting the day before AF, just wish it would get here. I see no upsides right now... LP is longer, O is happening and seems strong, so why is it not happening.. WIll be making an consult appt with my OBGYN on Monday.. I have the tiniest bit of hope still in me that yes my temps keep dropping but maybe some how I could still be pregnant.. Delusionnal I know.... (hell I cant even spell the word right...LOL) wish we had spell check here... LOL.... I will test in the AM unless I see otherwise before then but I am not kidding anyone.. unless, could it be possible I am preggo and my progesterone is to low and keeps decreasing, is that even possible... ok I am rambling now...

check in later... :)
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 am

Hi ladies!

Stalking you all! :lurk:
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:35 am

momof2, I don't know this for sure but I thought an lp of 12 to 14days was what you wanted. TTC sounds much more educated then me on this subject. But, based on OPK alone you are probably 10dpo today. I would get my thyroid checked for sure; it does sound something is def off :(. Sorry dear.

second..i HATE the waiting game :(. It is just no fun whatsoever :(. Hoping you get a surprise bfp tomorrow morning or af shows so you can move on.

ttc..love the education and posting. Your symptoms do sound phenomenal..and I mean that. I had that brain fog thing with each of my pregnancies. I totally get not testing on the weekend due ds..makes complete sense..smart :).

afm..9dpo and bfn on FRER :(. My symptoms are pretty much gone too. Even if I didn't have the test I can tell from my symptoms. So, going to start the brain focused on moving on to next cycle. Was really hoping to catch that egg first cycle after mc like Hoopla but it doesn't look like it worked for me :(. I have never not had something on 9dpo. Monday going to start making myself work out 3x a week..I think my lack of exercise (I used to be an exercise nut) has really affected my mood and contributes to the brutality of this whole ttc process :(. I need to make some changes and get out of this "stuck" mode! I haven't got it all figured out yet..but I need to get on it. So, ladies give me some motiviation about WW or something else that is not harmful to ttc that I can try. I have done WW so many times it is hard to get excited about it. Maybe I need to ask Jules about the "fatburner" thing. Or I could go to that diet doctor here. I don't know I just need to do something. And, I am really hoping to have a plan in place by Monday (12dpo with a true bfn and sad). Any suggestions besides WW?
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s