Cycling On...Part 5

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On...Part 5

Postby raybuth » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Holy Smokes! I disappear for a week and we have 2 BFP's???? Congrats to Jenni and Hoopla!!!!

Tiff and Apples - Way to go on the weight loss and stay on target.

Second - I'm excited to hear about your lengthened LP

Shanessa - Way to take advantage and getting your timing right.

Janovich - I am sorry to hear a about the chemical pregnancy. That must be very disappointing.

Hello to EOE :) !!

AFM - CD15 for me today and I am now 4DPO. It seems strange to be at 4DPO when I am only on CD15! We had a big surprise when O arrived several days early. Late last night, I started getting very mild, dull ache on the left. It is not quite the same as the O pain I got before O, since it is slightly more to the left and up a tiny bit higher. This is a confusing symptom, since you can get cramping at 4DPO and get a BFN (like I did in December) or you can get cramping and get a BFP. So that is my symptom for the day. Mild, dull, cramping.

While we wait, I will keep wishing, hoping and praying every day for my baby :praying:. My DS does the same thing. Every night when he prays, he asks God for a baby sister or brother (with the emphasis on sister :) ). It is hard for him with his older brother so far away and growing up as an only when his brother is not visiting. It is so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. I sure hope we don't let him down.
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Apples* » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 pm

Right back for a proper post now.

Shanessa - you crack me up - "WTH phase" - too funny! In fact, you make me smile with your personality a lot. SWTA cracked me up and I snorted! DH (beside me on the couch just looked at me and raised one eyebrow at me probably wondering what I could be laughing at at 6.30am in the morning!). Did you get the twofer? Even a onefer would have been good. Yay! Go Shanessa's egg!

Janovich - aww I am sorry about the possible chemical, I think I had one too last month also - I had lines on all tests, but then AF arrived a few days later and then all lines went away. I'm okay though about it and am on a ttc break right now for weight loss. Hope you get a BFP this month and you are most fertile after a loss so FX for you.

TTC42 - I will look at you chart in a min - can't see it right now because I am in reply mode. I'm not an expert in any way but DO love opening my mouth and giving my opinion :mrgreen: The red blood on CD6 is really weird, because surely it should be the old brown stuff by now? I don't blame you for wanting to know what is going on! And yay for upside down anthems on the lawn! Seriously though, if I could do a headstand after BD I would. After I drop this weight I am going to go full on upside down like a Russian gymnast for as long as I can!

I have lost 16lbs in my first month with WW but had no loss this week - I'll explain as to why in the "AFM" bit. :doh:

Tiffers - yay for CM in panties! And lol about the lady parts - I shave all of mine off - our ancestry is half European and half Sri- Lankan so we are hairy naturally - we just can't win! We are always plucking, tweezing, shaving and waxing. All the women have mono brows! I am now growing chin hairs - WHAT THE....? Anyway, good luck with the BD marathon - remember elevate those hips, orgasm after he does and don't move for thirty mins!!!!! C'mon rainbow baby!

Thanks for the info about the sperm also. There is a really good documentary with Courtney Cox narrating that brings it all home too that I watched a few days ago. It has a lot of real life camera action inside the body. Will see if it is online anywhere and post a link (although I did find it kind of depressing)(that is the spermies dying off so quickly). :cry:

SecondC- Hmmmm leakage after BD but after you have inserted soft cup should not be happening - I mean you should have a little bit, but not a lot. I just don't know. Just stick with the idea of elevating the hips for half an hour just in case. I have read though that semen contains the sperm and then a whole load of fluid that does not have sperm in it, so don't worry. I would continue using the softcups though as they keep it nice and close to the cervix. Aghh but I hate feeling the leakage after BD - makes me sad - I want it all in there.

Raybuth-agreed - I have NEVER been 4dpo at CD15 either and that would feel weird but yay for ovulation and yay for cramping. FX for you and hope DS gets his little sis.

EOE - Hi!

AFM - well Weightwatchers tells you that you can earn and eat exercise points, but it seems I can't and I did not get to move my little ticker lady along this week toward my goal - it (my weight) stayed the same. I then went onto the WW message boards and it seems that a lot of people are complaining about this - that they ate the exercise points they earned and had a stall in the loss, so this week I am just going back to how I did it before, which was to eat the daily points and the weekly points and that is it. I'm okay about it and I have to put this down to trial and error. I think I am ovulating at the moment, but am avoiding it - soooo hard, but must stick to the plan! This is going to be hard! :doh:
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Apples* » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 pm

TTc42 - Looked at your chart girl and I have no idea. Sorry. xx
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Apples* » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 am

Hi again. Here is a link to the Courtney cox video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjve81dEPaQ I thought it was pretty good.
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 am

ok ladies, betas are in.

at 28 days past LMP, my HCG came in at 1036.8 mIU/mL

any translators?

thanks everyone for the congrats!!
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:10 am

Jenni, I answered you on fb already. That is a great BETA!!! You are def preggos dear!! YAY! Now, are they going to repeat in a couple of days..it really means something if they double. But, honestly I wouldn't worry about that if it were me at this point. Just go with whatever your plan is from OB. Sometimes, we get so hooked up into those numbers that it causes undue stress but then again sometimes it causes us excitement too; to know things are going as they should.
That number is just a number of the amount of hcg (or preg hormone) you have in your body. It just gives them a range of how far along you are; but the u/s is the only true measurement and that is done by humans so that can be off too. I would go by what YOU know to be how far along you are. You know when you O'd; therefore, you know how far along you are probably to the hour..heehee.

Apples, I too found when I did WW that I didn't lose weight when I exercised and ate the points and honestly I remember not losing weight when I exercised and didn't count those points too. Kind of made me mad and got me to wonder if I was building muscle or what. I don't know I just remember walking away from it all and thinking that I always lost more when I didn't exercise. But, then when I got to my goal weight I still felt flabby. Can't win..right.

shanessa, well did we get a twofer in???? I want you to know just becasue of you I didn't test opk today. I had a mini meltdown about it once I got to work but now I am fine...haha!

raybuth...awe that is sweet and heartbreaking for ds to say that in his prayer. I feel the same way when dh tells me something about it; that he prayed for us to concieve or whatever. Just melts my heart. I too have never been 4dpo on cd15. You are trying naturally, right? Have you ever O'd that early before? Did you have other signs of O too?

afm..okay ladies here is a funny for you! Oh wait I have TWO.
One..so we are getting ready to do our business and I use preseed .5 of the applicator. Well, I used my old tube because I didn't have time to open new one. Well, it was a STICKY hot mess with pussyfarts..it was terrible :(. I don't know if I was dry or the lube was old..but I can tell you that crap is going in the trash! I hate those pussyfarts! Embarrasing. But at least dh did get to finish and I kept my hips up for 20mins. UGH, glad only cd9.
Two...so I give dd a bath, let her run around naked for a little bit to make sure she is all dry. Put her up on the changing table and smell poop. Well, she just has a little bit there so I wipe it and think it is just gas with some escape. But, I keep smelling it..still thinking she needs to go and still having gas. I put her in her pj's and clean diaper and go on about our bedtime routine. Well about 15mins later she comes up to dh with brown stuff on her face and hands..wipes it all over his legs and she has this horrid look on her face. She had pooped on the floor in her room and decided to play in it and eat it. I totally missed it!!!
LOL. Basically, bath#2 and brushing of teeth quickly happened. I am still laughing..just so glad she went to dh first and not me :rofl:
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Apples* » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 am

Tiff - :rofl: to everything!

Jenni -EEEK! Awesome!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 am

Hey all:

Tiff - OK, if my keyboard stops working it is your fault since you made the juice fly out of my mouth with that first one. Don't you hate that noise! Still laughing :rofl: , damn. And with DS - Oh man. Let's hear it for daddy's little girl. LOL My DH would have lost his mind. Still remember the first time DS pooped through the diaper onto his clothes while I was out. DH used the whole package of wipes (I am NOT exaggerating), a towel and a washcloth and proceeded to throw everything out afterwards (clothes too). :rofl: I applaud your willpower on the opk. If nothing else, you will be richer for it since you won't need to buy as many. :)

Jenni - Awesome beta! You can go here (http://www.babymed.com/normal-hcg-levels-pregnancy) to get more information on betas or you can just google it and there are tons of info sites out there.

Apples - thank you for your compliment and glad to bring levity to your day (or early morning). :D I will have to check out the Courtney video. You are doing great with the weight loss! Definitely stay away from the exercise points. I make it a game with myself to try to eat LESS than the daily allotted points and have all of my weekly points left over to use on the weekend. That usually works for me. Of course, I have not been disciplined this month but plan to change that come Friday (Feb 1st!). I would love to lose 40 pounds but even half that would do wonders. I would love to be where you are at now. Great job, lady! Now get in that bedroom and celebrate your accomplishment with some good loving....if it happens to be a BD, all the better. It's all about mindset. Don't think of it as BDing just celebrating you! :wink:

Ray - I have been 4dpo before at cd15 since i can O anywhere from cd11-13. Unfortunately, everything you feel right now can mean anything. I generally try not to even pay attention until the 1ww. Then it is all out obsessing. :doh: That is so sweet that DS wants a baby sister. My DS wants both a sister AND a brother. He thinks it is not fair that mommy and daddy have siblings (me an older sis; dh younger bros and a sis). I happen to agree with him and as any loving and devoted mother would do I am doing everything in my power to make his dreams come true. :D DH's worst nightmare is that I could have twins (my mom is a twin) and when I delivered DS I delivered two placentas so could have been a vanishing twin situation. Who knows. Although it would be difficult (physically and financially) to take care of two simultaneously and three altogether, I would welcome the challenge. Bring it on! :shock:

2nd - I can hear your wallet screaming all the way in NJ. :) Let's hear it for the control freaks in the world. We make the world a better place...and if we aren't we will find out why we aren't and make the necessary fixes to make it so! 8)

TTC - I still can't identify my cervix. I am pretty sure I have one but have a hard time identifying any changes with it. :roll: There should be a video or a class or something....

AFM: No, I did not get my twofer. :roll: DH reminded me that he is 45 not 25 and that I needed to STOP reading romance novels. :D :rofl: It's OK because after all that getting up yesterday morning he probably would have been dtd with a mannequin. :roll: I was pooped. I will see what my success level is tonight. I got my surge this morning but not quite above the coverline so FF probably wont have me listed as Oing until tomorrow. Either way, I feel good about my chances this cycle (as I do every cycle - LOL) :roll:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

shanessa, glad I could make you laugh for a change :). Yep, that hasn't happened to me in a couple of years and it is just all kinds of wrong any time it happens. :omg:

Yes, she is totally a daddy's little girl. I am shocked at well he has done with her. She has vommited on him and had a blow out and he has done very well. The only thing he could not handle so far..when she was an infant she was constipated and I really had to help her. He just couldn't watch that at all. I thought he was going to throw up..but he has obviously matured since then :).

I am glad you are feeling good about your cycle this time. YAY!

Well, I think I will poas when I get home..it is not as much fun not doing it..heehee. I need something to write on my chart that will make me feel complete :doh:
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Happy Hump day everyone :D

Ray- Glad to have you back, see you cant leave for that long, because you miss to much...LOL... 4DPO excellent, now in the boggling 2WW... Keep us posted.

Apples- 16 lbs is FANTASTIC... remember, you can stay at your "colories/points" every single day but maybe eat something higher in sodium and it will put 2lbs of water weight on you... been there.. it goes away in a couple of days but still hard to see no lose or "gain" when you know you are doing everything right..

Jenni- AWESOME news.. dont know about the numbers but they sound high to me for what its worth. :) Now you can maybe start relaxing and start to enjoy this journey..

Tiff- your stories are hysterical... what a totally disgusting job to have to clean up... which one of you drew the lucky straw to "take one for the team" to clean the room? it gags me just thinking about it now.. :rofl:

Shanessa- Men... hate it when they dont go along with our plan... especially when your a "control freak" LOL... No swaying them either, once they decided their out their out... and if you do force it, WELL.. we all know where that gets us... no where fast.. :doh:

Hi to EOE :D

AFM- still not the tinest bit of a line of O from my tests, EWCM galore but no surge yet, feeling good with my timing this month, I expect O sat or sun CD14 or 15.. Nothing else going on except I have acne breakout on my face the last 2 days, cystic type acne.. what is that from, I always thought you get that after O?? Meet with my friend last night that adopted 2 kids and then had a "How did that happen" baby on her own.. actually left her feeling like how ever this ends for me it ends with a baby in my arms.. either from myself (which I want the most) or thru adoption.. one way or another I will have a baby I guarentee that much. Which mentally is actually is very empowering for me and makes me much more calm.... she said something to me that made total sense, she said she tried for 10 years to get pregnant and never could so they adopted a boy and a girl and once she had them she said she had a "rage" of hormones rushing thru her body, she said she actually felt like she was heading into menapause and within 2 months of getting the kids she got preggo.. she swears it was the hormone rush that starked her pregnancy. Hum.... food for thought on how we can all capture that without going out and adopting 2 kids....LOL...

Check in tomorrow- tuttels everyone :)

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Second, I have a friend who did the same with the adopting..they tried for 6years and nothing. Finally adopted a litte girl and within 6months she was pregnant but of course didn't figure it out for awhile because she had been told it would never happen. Goes to show you..ha, take that. She is 40..had baby at 39.

We are on same cd and will hopefully O this weekend too. Bring on that Valentine's bfp!!! Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm

tiffanynp wrote:raybuth...awe that is sweet and heartbreaking for ds to say that in his prayer. I feel the same way when dh tells me something about it; that he prayed for us to concieve or whatever. Just melts my heart. I too have never been 4dpo on cd15. You are trying naturally, right? Have you ever O'd that early before? Did you have other signs of O too?

It was actually a strange cycle for me. I never got my + OPK this month and test seem to indicate I surged between 4 pm on 1/24 and 7 am on 1/25. My CM seemed to back this up, but it is always kind of scanty. In fact, I started taking Omega 3-6-9 and EPO this month in an attempt to increase CM. Maybe it takes longer for that to work, but there was not all that much and only one day of EWCM. I've now had 5 temps well above the coverline, so pretty safe to say that O was really early on either CD10 or CD11. I was not expecting to O until 1/28, so we really got caught offguard! It was a huge fiasco this month, since we were interrupted not once but twice (2 days running) by DS. At my DH's age, if he gets interrupted, it's all over! I'm still hopeful that we managed to BD in time to catch O, but it was really, really close. Here's hoping that it was all for a purpose and we managed to BD exactly when we needed to!

btw - You made me laugh so hard earlier today with both of your stories. Your story about DD, was so cute I had to share it with DH. Thanks for bringing me so many chuckles today!
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 pm

Hey Everyone!

Just a quick update. I've got my first appointment on Tuesday at 9:45am. DH is going with. :) \\

I'll post tomorrow with a real post. :)
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 am

Tiff, "pussyfarts" ... I'm still laughing ... they are the WORST and uncontrollable and very embarrassing the more you laugh the more you do! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard and I'm reading this at work so I had to close my office door so no one can hear my snorting (trying to hold in my laughter) :rofl:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:53 am

Good Morning, Ladies :) .

Second: It sounds like everything is lining up for you to O this weekend. I have no doubt that you will hold your baby one way or the other! On our end, we'll give this until November and then consider either donor or adoption. DH was initially opposed to anything other than natural, but he knows how much I want this and now offers to do whatever it takes.

We have GOOD men ladies!

Apples: I've been thinking about your disappointment this week with WW. I would bet that you will see close to double your expected loss next week. You were right before O this past week, right? It is very possible that you were retaining water. Believe it or not, I have retained as much as 10 lbs in a single week due to my cycle. I usually get the retention the week before AF, but this cycle, I retained 7 lbs just last week!! It is all gone now that I am a week past O. Hang in there and know that you are making progress - even when the scale does not show it. You're in the groove with 16 lbs down!! Whoohoo!

Jenn: I'll be waiting to hear how your appointment goes tomorrow. You must be VERY excited :).

Tiff: I know I said this yesterday, but I am still laughing over your stories!

Shanessa: Thank heavens I am not the only one who has struggled to find their cervix! I am 4 cycles in and I think I might have just located it! Or maybe not? It is the one recommended fertility sign that I just gave up on trying to check!

Hello to EOE :) !

AFM - 6 DPO today. FF indicates that I am safe to test on 2/6. That's two days before AF would have been due (if I had not O'd so early this month). If AF does eventually arrive, I hope she is a few days late to show my LP is getting longer. I have been taking B6 for a few cycles in an attempt to length my LP, which is only 11 days. While some docs will tell you 11 is still in normal range, others say anything less than 12 is considered short. Does anyone know if you do lengthen your LP, does your cycle length get longer or do you O earlier? Here's hoping I get my BFP and don't need an answer to that question ;).

I am feeling pretty good this morning and I have no new symtoms to report today (of course, it is not even 8 am here yet, so still early). DS came home from school yesterday after spending 2 hours in the hallways at school due to all the tornado warning in North GA. They kept those poor elementary age kids in the halls for more than 2 hours! Kudos to the Cherokee County School system for protecting our children in dangerous weather, but those poor babies!! Ususally, the time out of class would have been exciting, but it seems that 2 hours was pretty unbearable! By the time DS got home, it was clear that his Strep Throat is revisiting us. He was miserable after being in the halls "All Day, Mom!". Uggghhh. In the past 8 weeks, DS has has the flu, pnuemonia and strep throat - twice? Poor baby :( .
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend