going on 42, low ovarian reserve

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

going on 42, low ovarian reserve

Postby seashellyq » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 am

Hi everyone!! I will be 42 in just a couple of months and ttc seriously for the last 3 years. Dh is 39 and has excellent swimmers, no issues there. Some backround on us.. I had my darling daughter 21 years ago, who is doing well and finishing her 3rd year of college now :) We tried naturally in our 20's and 30's to have more children but had no success, back then the cost of seeing an RE was just not doable for us and we over the years became content with our little family.. around age 35 I decided we just weren't going to have another, it wasn't in our cards and we moved on :) We traveled and had some really great times!!! I was looking forward to more when I suddenly became ill at 39. one morning I woke up and was so bloated in my stomach couldn't fit into my clothes and was peeing blood.. I was certain I was experiencing kidney failure. and ran straight to the emergency room.. they thought I had a uti and gave me antibiotics for a urinary infection and sent me home.. 5 days later I was no better and having sharp pains in my stomach..so I went back to the emergency room and they gave me more medecine and sent me home.. a week later I noticed I hadn't started my af and took a pregnancy test.. bfp.. so unexpected I finally had to have 2 blood tests and an ultrasound to convince me. I was about 6 weeks along and we saw a beautiful heartbeat!! I hadn't tracked af in so many years!!! We were devestated at 10 1/2 weeks to see blood on the sheets in the middle of the night and the next morning at the ultrasound my uteris was empty :cry: our little angel was gone.
We decided to try again and for the next 2 years did so with no results.. finally we found out our insurance was going to cover most expenses of our fertility treatments and scheduled an appt right away!!!
Other than low ovarian reserve and me with some fibroids (re said they won't be a problem) everything else seems fine.

We finished round 1 of letrozole last month with a bfn
I am now 11dpiui and am awaiting my beta test in 3 days. so far bfn on hpt.

We continue to hope for the best, expect the worse and live life the best we can..
seashellyq

Re: going on 42, low ovarian reserve

Postby momof2girls1017 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 am

Good luck Sea shell...welcome to our group...I hope you get your BFP... :)

HOpe is all we need ( i know sounds clliche and like the song but its SOO true)
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:27 pm

welcome seashell- so sorry to read your story.. lean on this group, we all know exactly what the other is going thru.. the thoughts and insight I think have probably helped every BFP on here in some way or another from the info they have learned. So happy to add another to the group.. :)
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby seashellyq » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Thank you for your support! I can be quite "mental" during my 2ww and dh just doesn't get it! Lol. I am thinking this month is a bust as I have some pretty bad af cramps that have been coming on for a couple of days and I'm still a bfn even though I am a day late. Beta is tomorrow. I was so sure it worked this month! I was experiencing some weird symptoms that I only ever had while pregnant, such as vivid dreams, queasiness, balloning feeling in my uterus, pulling and pinching pains in my ovaries and cervix and extreme fatigue. But all that disappeared when the af cramps came. Oh well, I'll post my beta results tomorrow. I may skip a month to stay ahead of the never ending fertility bills!!
seashellyq

Postby seashellyq » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 am

My beta came back negative, we were expecting that so I wasn't as upset as I thought I'd be. Af started a few hrs later. Maybe next time :) gl to all! Hope you get a nine month wait instead of just 2 weeks!!!!
seashellyq

Return to TTC in our 40s