Cycling on and on and on....Part 6

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycling on and on and on....Part 6

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 am

Here we go with a fresh thread. May it bring many more bfps..... :D
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Cycling on and on and on....Part 6

Postby SimoneTTC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 am

momof2girls - Yay! Congrats. However, I would tell the Doc (demand) that you want SUPPOSITORY progesterone and get a script for one and use it. Tell them your history of miscarriage. My doc told me that you would have bathe in those over the counter creams to get any progesterone into your body. Good Luck and thanks for letting us know!

EOE - Hi and will be back later! Tiff - laughing at "pussy farts" and yes, it happens to me too. :oops: I just lay there and laugh.
SimoneTTC

Postby raybuth » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 am

Congrats to Momof2!!! :jump: :jump: I am very excited for you!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:04 am

THIS IS TRULY UNREAL......... I cannot believe how many BFP we have right now and deep down it reinforces to me that the old saying is true..."knowledge is power" and I wonder if everything that we all share is helping all of us in one way or another... This is INCREDIBLE... :D for me in the "trying" stage this is SO encouraging to see at our age all of you that are BFP right now.. Thank you all for sharing., please keep your experiences coming. Anyone new researching this topic that comes across this board (like I did when I was new) will be SO VERY ENCOURAGED to see all this BFP going on.. YAY for us..

Momof2- crazy happy for you right now... :happyforyou:
Luvdogs- crazy happy for you also right now.... :yay:

Jenni- I have heard there is a test you can have really early in the pregnancy that tells you what you are having, I think my friend did it about 12 weeks along, (its tests for other things also and gives the sex).. something you might ask about, I am foggy of the details about it though..

Tiff- A BFP on V day would be AWESOME. The last 2 months has been discouraging, Both Thanksgiving and Christmas were times I could have found a BFP on those 2 days, but the most special one with the one "going thru all this with me " day. :D Here's hoping sister!

Ray- I actually made notes from your posts.. so I could add my thoughts to you... :omg: LOL... Sorry if my thoughts are all jumbled and you cant make them out... :doh: Supps take about 3 months to really start showing effects, so stay with them for that period to really see the effects.. I looked at your chart...how sure are you that the time you think you Oed is correct? The Friday PM BD might be the golden one if your O was later than they suspect it was, takes sperm 12 hrs to go thru their change to be able to penetrate the egg.. I often wonder if my chart is incorrect and I have a slow rise in BBT post O, I am almost positive I Oed last cycle on Friday night but BBTs did not go up until Sun so it has my O at Sat which is a day off I believe. A matter of hours could/would make all the difference... next, I have had several months where I had my BD timed wrong and O was off, which is SO FRUSTRATING...so now I start BD CD9 and it goes until I see my temps rise... period...that way I am for sure hitting all the dates I need.. Also, I have become aware that my CM goes away just before I O, (like the day before maybe even day of).. so thats another sign for me to watch.. in the 8 months now I have been doing this, I can say I think I am really intune with everything going on in my cycle.. and lastly...LOL... my thoughts on the cycle length from much research are: LP stay about the same length within a day or 2, if the B6 works then it will lengthen the LP thus making the cycle longer, but O can still happen anytime and can vary from month to month but typically even it will be around the same each month, with that, when taking new supps sometimes they will throw the body off for a couple of months until it can find its natural normal again... :)

Shanessa- How awful for your family member. I often wonder when I am in NYC how often that happens, that place is NUTS (but I love it anyway)... I will say a prayer for you all during this very sad time. Its just terrible and makes you realize to count every day as a blessing and tell the ones around you what they mean to you often. The weather here in the midwest is crazy, 62 yesterday and now looking out my window and its snowing like crazy and super windy, I had to bring the trash cans back in last night because it was so windy and I was not chasing another trash items down the road AGAIN in the freezing cold... UGH.. still windy today here.. BRING ON SPRING.. :) another couple of days and your "obsessing" will begin... keep us posted..

Hi to EOE

AFM- Nothing new other than last night my feet were going numb from having my legs up in the air for 30 minutes... :rofl: but that did seem to help keep the "goods" where they needed to be. starting to have the uncomfortable O pain coming on so I know its right around the corner, highly suspect I will get a smiley face tonight or tomorrow when I test, so timing is right on que still.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 am

Popping in to say hi and congrats to mum of 2 girls! And yes I agree-knowledge is power! Love it!

On phone so this will be a silly quick post! Xx
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 am

Congrats Momof2!

Second, I am paying a fortune for Ubinquol so starting to take 200 mg daily ... I have been on it for 3 months now, only time will tell if it is helping.

Hi EOE happy Friday! Baby Dust to everyone ... lets make into the Guinness World Records for the most BFPs in February 2013 for women over 40! Cheers to Scorpio babies!
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:25 am

Happy Friday Ladies:

Simone - that is good to know about the OTC progesterone. I have some suppositories left over from my IVF days that I planned to use if I ever get another BFP but I always assumed if they ran out I could just use the OTC version. Now I know better. Thanks for that.

Second - I have done my share of trash can chasing. Not a physical activity I enjoy. :roll: LOL on the numb feet. Whatever keeps those swimmers in there. :)

Momof2 (soon to be 3) - how was the dr appt this am? I hope you were able to get some reassurances.

EOE - what is going on with you?

AFM - FF says that I am 3dpo so I am in the :wait: My LP is only 11 days (maybe 12) so I don't really have a tww. More like a week and a half. I will start sxs obsessing around Tuesday/Wednesday (7 or 8 dpo). :) Nice how I plan that out right?

In case I don't get to check back in, Have a Wonderful and Blessed Weekend Ladies! (I know some of you have a BD marathon this weekend - have fun!)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:38 am

momof2, yes you def need progesterone suppositories or oral progesterone. I hope they gave that to you at doc's appt. CONGRATS on bfp!!! AWESOME!!! How did doc appt go? Lemon water..well, I hate pulp so I am screwed I can't do it. Glad you are back!

Jenni, looking forward to your update with baby news :).

shanessa, YAY on the obsessing next week!!! LOVELY stuff!

ttc, well yes you gotta give your dh some loving you are getting close..get all that old stuff out of there so it is only fresh for your "window"!

second..cycle sisters..wahoo! See you got your pos OPK this morning..CONGRATS..you are a day ahead of me. I so hope I get mine tomorrow too!! Oh yeah..I had HORRIBLE neck pain from holding my hips in the air last night..crazy stuff. So, now that you have pos; will you go to bd everyday or will you still do every other?

Ray, glad I gave you chuckles girl..makes the day lighter huh. And oh no on your ds having to go thru all of that illness and twice..ugh..no fun for you or him..sorry dear. I do agree with second advice for you.

Apples..hi!!!

Simone, are you at weekly appoinmnets yet?? Will you be vaginal or c-section delivery?

afm..cd12 here with negative OPK. Really hoping for pos tomorrow or Sunday. FX. I def have had no side effects with this femara..makes me nervous because it makes me wonder if it is working..this part is no fun. Have a great weekend ladies if I don't get to reply again. Love ya'll. And I am all about FEB being our record month of bfp in the 40 group..LETS DO IT!!!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof2girls1017 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:42 am

happy friday february 1st..... Thanks for all your warm wishes and congratulations..it feels so good...since no one in my real world knows except for DH

ok heres my update:
i had my appt. im at 5.2 weeks...I went to my RE since im not seeing my obgyn till thursday feb 7th. She saw the yolk sac - and took blood again today. she said thats where i am suppose to be at... ( really i was secretly hoping to see a heartbeat even though i knew it was too early ..but one always hopes ..)

ugh Ive been in this exact spot 2x (6/2011, 7/2012) and have been heart broken...:( (my 1st (10/2004) that was 8 years ago and i ended up in the hospital bc of a bad dnc so i tend to block that one out of my head.)

She said my hormonal levels were high? ( and i didnt ask any questions!! ?? Like whats wrong with me) she did give me a script for progesterone and will call me later with blood results. i know i will bombard her w questions then!! :)

now i feel like im cheating on my OBGYN.... LOL how do i tell him that im on progesterone bc i went to an RE (bc i felt like his answers werent good enough)

naturally i just wouldnt tell him and just go on with my appts and get the best of both worlds ..but I m going to be on progesterone suppositories .... :) he needs to knwo that much...i know i must fess up i know i know
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 am

MOM, I am so glad you are on progesterone and did go to your RE..it was def the RIGHT thing to do. I understand your worry and I hope it dissapates quick as things go smoothly for you and bean. YAY on u/s and blood work. Go get that progesterone and use it now. When you get to your OB it won't be that big of a deal to him or her that you did go to your RE..it will only be a big deal to you..promise..don't stress..you did the RIGHT thing :). SO HAPPY for you!!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Luvsdogs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:48 am

Congrats mom of 2! I will be watching for an update. I hope you get an answer from your doc about progesterone right away.

Keep the bfps coming ladies!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
Baby Gavin went to heaven 21.6 weeks Trisomy 18
CP's Feb 2013, May 2013, Aug, 2013
Femara, Ovidrel, and timed bd cycles-
Oct= bfn follie sizes 18, 15, 3@14
Nov= 3 nice follies at 20, 22, 22 (also a 15 and 14) BFN :(
End Nov= follie sizes 20, 18, 16, 14.
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Happy Friday everyone! Weekend is here..

TTC- I just ordered my Ubiquinol over the internet, $50 for a months supply... totally crazy price, but I do think in general it is helping me so I am moving forward with it.. :)

Shanessa- Hopefully your weekend will be VERY BUSY to keep your mind off the week and a half wait...LOL

Tiff- for your OPK test, are you beginning to see a surge come? I actually have a pillow I dug out of the closet to use (perfect size and width for after BD, Like it...) Happy BD weekend to you.. :) BD, ha ha ha ha... some would mistake that for Birthday, but we know better.. :rofl:

momof2- everything is sounding good. I know its easy for me to say that never being in your shoes, but at the very least allow yourself "moments" of nothing but 100% JOY from your accomplishment. :hugs:

hi to everyone else and have a great weekend!

AFM- As I suspected, got a slight OPK surge last night, so I knew it was coming... then today got my SMILEY FACE.. so the time is HERE and NOW.. So torn on the BD, have been researching every other day vs every day... the reviews are mixed, more recent research suggests every day... So tonight for sure and probably tomorrow and probably Sunday... Oh boy.. I dont know...I am so nervous about it and deciding what to do.... Its really hard to know the time is here and you actually miss a day.. Guess I will just go with my gut and see where it leads me..

Have a grerat weekend everyone.

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SimoneTTC » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Momof2girls - popped in before bed to see if you had posted. I am so glad that you got the progesterone. Yippee! I know one girl in one of my other groups who had a history of early miscarriage and she is now expecting another son after the doc put her on it - it made all the difference. At around twelve weeks the placenta takes over, but until then, go for it!

As for the dilemma you face about telling your doc you sought a second opinion don't worry about it! He or she should have offered you it in the first place and I actually feel that they are actually quite negligent by not giving it to you when you fist told them you were pregnant given your history! Ugh! So I say go in there, tell the truth and don't worry and enjoy your pregnancy!!!

Tiff- I am at bi-weekly appointments at the mo still. Hopefully it will be a vaginal delivery (my other three were), but you never know do you? One if my sisters gave birth last Monday (the 46 year old) and she had had two vag deliveries before this but this one wouldn't come out so they had to do a c-section. They even tried the forceps but no luck! Eek so hope that does not happen to me. :?
SimoneTTC

Postby SimoneTTC » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Secondc- yay for opk and go get your man! Go seconds eggie! Go seconds eggie! :bd:
SimoneTTC

Postby raybuth » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Second - Thanks so much for taking the time to look over my posts and chart. I suspect that I O'd late in the evening on Friday or Early Saturday morning, but by 7 am, my temp was on the rise. It is possible that I O'd earlier, in which case I am likely out, given we were unable to BD until Friday night. Yea for the smiley face! Trust your instincts.

TTC - Yes, let's go for the record!!

Shanessa - I understand the feeling. On one hand, I am glad that I don't have to wait a full two weeks, but it would be nice to have a longer LP.

Tiff - I'll be hoping you get your + soon. I don't blame you for cheating on your OB ;). You have to do what's best for you and I am sure he will understand.

Hello to EOE :)!

AFM – 7dpo today very few symptoms yet other than back ache, head ache (either of which I could get anytime) and gassy (ugghhh). Yesterday was a strange day for me. I do not typically get tender BB unless it is really really cold. Then …they ache!! Well, it is a little cooler here in GA since the storms rolled through, but it’s not THAT cold. I mean, it was 57 yesterday - not cold like it is up North!! For some reason, my BB ached all day and again this morning, as if I was freezing. So now, I’ve got two shirts and a sweater on right now to keep warm enough to keep my BB from hurting. Ironically, it's colder today, but they are not bothering me as much. How odd is that??
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend