Cycling on and on and on....Part 6

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on and on and on....Part 6

Postby shanessa91 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:37 am

Good morning Ladies:

Tiff - All I can advise, is to take it day by day. Keep your stressing under control so that it doesn't get the best of you. Sorta helped me.

Hoopla - the waiting for results is so hard. :hugs: Pregnancy can be such a marathon. You keep moving along from one checkpoint (tests, u/s, etc.) to the next until you finally reach the finish line. :| Try to let yourself relax and enjoy each checkpoint before heading off to the next. Look forward to the day when you will actually start to feel that little one moving (that is what I so miss).

Second - dreams can not be literally translated and they OFTEN mean the very opposite of what you dreamed. So you may find your self with a whole LITTER of little ones soon. A temp dip at 7dpo is good especially since you saw EWCM that is an EXCELLENT sign. Just hang in there, just a few more days to go. Maybe test on Thursday just b/c it is Valentine's Day (if you think you can). Wouldn't that be a lovely little gift for you and DH. :wink:

Maxxiniko - Welcome aboard. :welcome: Twins, wow! That's a handful. :) What is a h/o? The fact that you are ovulating again already is amazing. Anything can happen so pretend all you want. :wink: Do you temp?

EOE :hi:

AFM - 14dpo today. No sign of AF but temperature dropped (from 98.2 to 98.0) so I am out. :( Tested anyway, just for the heck of it - BFN. The fat lady is not just singing but she is belting out a high note for me! :( I have had a few hours to deal with it so I have put it in perspective. I spent some time sitting quietly in my son's room this morning while he slept. The hardest part about this cycle is that although I never "felt" pregnant, the temp rise made me believe that I really could be. I had started visualizing how a second child would fit into our daily routines. :| That was the hard part. I don't like the fact that the up and downs of this cycle fooled me into believing what was not to be. :x So of course, I had to seek out answers for this cycles tease (temp drop then rise). The only thing I did differently this cycle that could explain it was use OvaBoost. I had researched it b4 trying it. So I knew that it {2/13/13 Update - not OvaBoost but Fertilaid caused these things} had helped some women (like Jenni), particularily those with PCOS or random cycles, to conceive. However, I also knew that it had messed up the cycles of some women who were already regular (like me). But it had also helped some of these women improve their egg quality and conceive. I thought it worth a try for egg quality improvement. Well, while it didn't stop me from ovulating (as it has with some) it does appear to have messed with my LH and progesterone (messes with some womens thyroid too). I believe it is related to the melatonin (a sleep aid that also can affect fertility in good or bad ways) in the supplement. In any event, although a longer LP is a nice thing to have, not if it overextends my whole cycle and makes it wonky. :shock: I also had nice deep sleep and felt less tired each morning (another sign that I wasn't preggo - Sigh)Maybe I am not giving the supplement enough time, but I don't want to live through false hope again next cycle. So I stopped taking the Ovaboost this a.m. (no more 4 pills a day is not a bad thing). So now I wait :wait: for AF hoping that it doesn't take weeks to arrive. Sigh.

BTW Tiff - Sad to say, but I guess I have to own those "stupid" moments as all me. :roll:
Last edited by shanessa91 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 am

Welcome Maxxiniko- So glad you joined us. We have a great group and these ladies have A TON OF KNOWLEDGE. Many are BFP right now as well which is so exciting.. So sorry for your lose, Hugs to you. Do you have a gut instinct on the reason why you keep miscarring? it sounds like you are able to get pregnant fairly easily which is a huge plus at our age. Everyone on here has such great knowledge and will willingly give you thoughts and comfort..

Shanessa- UGH... so sorry, I jumped on here 1st thing this morning to see if you had any update.. Not the news I wanted or expected to hear. BIG HUGS to you. Every month it is such a mental head game the last couple of days of the cycle.. Dont be hard on yourself, you are doing everything you know and can do to help you achieve your dream.. but I do know the sadness all to well... If you decide to stop for good taking the OvaBoost noone would blame you, but remember it takes about 90 days for the supps to fully get in your system for you to see the benefits from it, so maybe after some thought and time you will decide to continue it.. BIg hugs Shanessa, you will be in my prayers..

Just wanted to share something that has been on my mind since I had my OB appt. last week.. Maybe its on my mind so much because this is the phase in my cycle where I am right now... And maybe you all know this already and I am just late to the game and never really knew or thought about it... :doh: but if not, maybe this will help. She told me that after O progesterone controls your cycle, (which I know) and progesterone produces the creamy CM (can also be white or chuncky) and that progesterone will usually peak around 8-9 DPO, where you should/would see the heaviest of the creamy CM, typically if you are pregnant the CM will continue to be present or can even increase after implantation, if you are not pregnant the CM will begin to deminish over the next 4 days or so as the progesterone runs out and then dry up completely before AF arrives.. I tell you this just as another way to know if your progesterone is high enough and or as a potential sign of the BFP.. I had never really thought about it before but it makes total sense to me now.. Just another peice of the overall cycle..

AFM- 10 DPO and nothing.... nothing showing that this cycle is any different except I have not had my usual post O symptoms, aside from that, its like every other month, surely if I were BFP I would see something, SOMETHING a bit different or obvious that this is it........UGH.......... Did have a temp drop this AM, not a lg one but still a drop.. I have decided I will test on Thursday (valetines day, Thanks Shanessa) unless my temps drop every day between now and then. I dont expect AF untill Sat.. So I will know either way in a couple of days.. My personality is such that I can tackle anything I set my mind to, but this one thing I cannot control is DRIVING ME CRAZY.. it almost sours me on the whole thing.. but for obvious reasons I stay the course. Just wish the BFP would slap me in the face as this is it, here we go... but for now all I can do is wait and wait and wait and wait and see...LOL.. :omg:

Happy Tuesday ladies... baby dust to you all.. :)
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 am

Hey chicks! Welcome to maxx.....

Okay lap top is fixed (DH had to download a whole load of repair stuff off the Internet) but it is working again! On phone at mo though so will keep this short and sweet.

Secondc- I do know what you mean about ttc hell and feeling like your whole life is dedicated to it. I am in the same position right now myself and feel like I just need to ease up a bit but am finding it really hard because I have such an obsessive type personality. I just basically read what you had to say and was like, "yeah those are my sentiments as well". I must must must learn to stop the obsession!

EOE - hi! I have read along and caught up. Baby dust!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks to everyone for saying hi.
Shanessa - h/o means history of. I'm in the medical field so I find myself writing that way even when I'm not at work! I started ovaboost too this month. I'm now wondering what will happen to my cycles. I'm not 100% certain I ovulated this past weekend. I felt pains and had what looked like EWCM on Saturday but for all I know nothing happened.
Second - I don't know why I miscarry. With the first I never saw a heartbeat. The second was a chemical. I was spotting from the get go. With the second and third I saw the heartbeat but they rate seemed slow. Definitely with the second. With the third the heartbeat was faster than the second but still looked slow to me but the tech told me all was ok. The embryo looked perfect too. I've never had any genetic testing done after the d&c's I thought about it this last time but my ob didn't seem to want to so I didn't.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 am

Second, the eyelash wish is where when you find an eyelash you put it between your thumb and first finger..make a wish..guess which one it will stick to..and if your right your wish is supposed to come true. It is actually pretty hard to get it right at least for me..I have only done it a few times. I thought dd eyelash would be really special for this cycle so I tried it and I rarely every see her eyelash fall out. Saw it when I was changing her the other day..prime opportunity..heehee. Your post that your face was wet from crying almost made me cry. Sometimes vivid dreams can really suck..I am so sorry. I always dream about dh cheating on me..I swear it is a curse..it is so often, I hate it!
Your no symptoms seem to be a good thing..FX!!! And, i did NOT know that about cm and progesterone..THANK YOU for that info. That really does help. I wonder about my progesterone because I don't take it anymore..so that will help. You really do have some great knowledge..invaluable! Hoping you get your bfp on V-day..FX!!!

Hoopla..trying to not think about it is def the right thing. Wow, and I love shanessa advice to you!

Shanessa, DANG IT..not what I wanted to see today :(. I am SO SO sorry about the "tease" of this cycle. BOO on that! :hugs: to you dear. I understand the glimpses of hope and daydreaming that we play when we think we are getting a bfp. I am so sorry. To be honest with you I am scared to start any new supplements etc because my cycles are pretty regular. I understand that. I think that ovaboost sounds great but good grief I don't want to mess something up in me that isn't broken. I have enough wasted cycles as is.

max, WELCOME!!! There are wonderful women on here with so much knowledege..def come join us. You have been thru the ttc process for sure. CONGRATS on the twins..do you work too? I am always so impressed with the skills of mom's of multipules..amazes me. Yes, I do think you can call yourself 2dpo..welcome to the tww. We will do as much or as little obsessing as you wish :). I too had a mc with seeing a flicker and then nothing at 9w1d..it was pretty damn tough. Still not emotionally over it I am sure. Getting a bfp would be a great cure for the both of us :). Looking forward to what your re and ob have to say for your future! Hoping you don't need them!

Well, yesterday afternoon I decided I needed to conquer this fear and anxiety..how I normally approach life. So, i went home and poas..obviously bfn at 6dpo with two hour hold..haha. Poas this morning too and it was a bfn. I know it is not accurate and I will not feel completely "out" until 10dpo with frer which will be on Friday. Actually, I will pretty much feel out on 9dpo..that is when I got pos with angel baby. But, I think poas is helping my heart and head prepare for bfn so that I may experience some of the emotions now instead of in OK while visiting family. It seems/feels like the right decision today. Hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the @ss. But, I just felt like I needed to have control somehow since I have no control over the result of the test.
I literally have few if NO symptoms. Just so different because I usually always have stuff with Progesterone and Clomid. And, I know that those drugs cause bfp signs. So, maybe the femara really doesn't have side effects and/or this is what my real pms (undrugged) is like. Just interesting...maybe now at least I will see what my body does for PMS and a cycle without meds?? Anyway, that is the way I am trying to look at it for today
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 am

Ok ladies... I need some thoughts here.

My Dr called today, my progesterone level came back in today, it was a 20 day progesterone level draw. The level came back at 11.04. They said that it appears I ovualted, but since it was a day 20 test, they really want to do it next cycle day 21 or 7 days after O. What does everyone think about that level??

also, if low progesterone is a issue for me, dont know if it is or not, what would I see from that, and should I really be testing for BFP earlier rather than waiting until AF arrives... I almost wonder now if I do have a progesterone issue and that is why I my thyroid is so up and down the last 5 months.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:18 am

Second - I am clearly not an expert but I will say that if progesterone is the thing that drives your lp temps and yours are high and your lp has a good length then how could you have an issue? I think anything over 10 is supposed to be good around 7dpo. This link has some good information about hormone levels. http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html Thanks for the progesterone info. It is why I am VERY Hopeful for you since you had EWCM at 7dpo. I had a watery discharge during my dip with DS (many moons ago but noted on my chart). :D I so hope it is your time.

I have been thinking the same thing about the OvaBoost - maybe I should give it the full 90 days b4 deciding. I don't know what I am going to do. I have been experiencing some sharp pains in my left breast (don't know what this about) and some cramping so maybe AF is arriving soon and Ovaboost didn't mess me up too much?!? At least I can say I have a longer LP (14dpo today) with high temps. Sigh. I will decide when AF arrives.

Tiff - I wondered about the eyelash wish thing too. Maybe I will try it - it's free and can't hurt, right? You go POASer! Whatever helps you get through the cycle I say is the right thing. I hope that as the week goes on you get a nice BFP instead of BFN and you fall on your arse in surprise :omg: LOL

Maxx - thanks for the explanation. You will find a few of us are in the healthcare world but maybe not the medical side. :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 am

Shanessa, yes you def gotta try the eyelash wish..it is FREE :)!

Seccond, I'm thinking I would test for bfp earlier because if you do get a pos you need to go get progesterone level checked. That sounds low to me from what I have read on here but it is also a day earlier. I am not sure if it is because of thryoid or maybe in relation to thyroid. Not sure how those all go together. But, for me I test as early as 9dpo and at the first sign of bfp I will go to doc for beta and progesterone level. Not really concerend with beta because it didn't mean anything in mc but progesterone I would want to know so I could get back on perscription if needed. Just my thoughts :). Why did you do it a day early this time anway..was it just with other blood work?
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 am

Tiff- They did the Progesterone test day 6 because I was there for my appt with her and day 7 was on a Sat. so she wanted to check. it was the only thing she tested for this time... from what I have read, it sounds like they want Post O to be over 10 unmedicated.. and really when it was done I was more like 5 1/2 days post O (since I Oed last Sat night that Sat before) not sure if it matters but it could.... I am going to go ahead and test in the AM, just in case I have a issue.... cant do it during the day or evening, I cant hold it that long because I drink so much during the day I am always in the bathroom peeing... and my urine looks way to diluted.. am having a little crampying today which goes in line with AF.. but we will see.. I will keep you all posted.. if its negative I am sure I am out this month, 11DPO should show something...

Shanessa- you are right, my cycle seems so good and good temps and all.. I really struggle to think I have a progesterone issue.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:23 pm

Tiff - thanks for the welcome. I am going to ask both my ob and RE about progesterone and if I should take it if I get lucky again. I had to take it with my ivf but that's because your body doesn't respond normally with an ivf pregnancy. They ended up d/c'ing it though pretty quickly after my bfp because my level came back so elevated. I do work full-time and twins are definitely hard but every day I think how lucky I am to have them. I had them at 28 weeks, one stayed in the NICU for 44 days, the other 55. So far there haven't been any problems. They're on track for their corrected age.

I feel pregnant and want to take a test so badly. I just had to say that :D
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Second..well if you are only 5ish dpo then that progesterone level is probably great. I would think 11dpo would show something at least a faint line..but that is only because it would with me. Everyone is different. I hope it is POSITIVE!!! And, yes I pee all day too..always have a drink in my hand.

Max, oh sweet babies had a rough start for them and you. They will be very strong indivduals..they have already proven their strength. So glad you have them :). Neat, neat! Don't think you can test at 2dpo..haha!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Hello Ladies!
We just had one whirlwind of a weekend at my house! We started the weekend early with a Cub Scout Overnight Trip to the Georgia Aquarium. This was the most amazing experience for both the boys and the adults. Our tour began at 6:30 PM on Friday and we wrapped up at 1:30 PM on Saturday. Our tour guide (Mr. K) was amazing and the entire event was a great learning experience. They took us through parts of the Aquarium that the public do not get to see, so we saw all the things they do to simulate a true ocean and river environment. We got to sleep in front of the Whale Shark tank that includes the huge Manta Rays, Whale Sharks and Grouper that weighed more than 400 pounds. This was the coolest part for me! Needless to say, none of us slept very much!! When we arrived home, we had the chance to visit with DSS and his girl that were visiting for the weekend. Sunday was crazy. After church/Sunday School, I ran DS to his Baseball game and introduced his team to our latest fundraiser. I then had to hot tail it across town to attend a Cub Scout Banquet where I pitched a fundraiser for the scouts. Now, back at work, things are just crazy! I am trying to grab some time now to catch up on what is happening with all of you :).

Welcome Maxxiniko!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:53 am

Hi back Ray!
Tiff - I'm amazed every time I look at the twins. To think they came out at 2"11 and 3"1 ounces and how far they've come now is amazing.

I don't feel pregnant or hopeful today. Logically I know from all my last pregnancies I never really "knew" I was pregnant and every other month I thought I was I wasn't so why I'm obsessing I don't know. With my twin pregnancy I felt shooting pains down there but that's about it. I think it just felt so awesome to see those pink lines getting darker and I guess I'm just wishing that this pregnancy had made it. The other day I was told that someone I know has a cousin who's pregnant and she's basically as far as long as I would have been. When I saw this girl in July she was talking about thinking about starting to try to get pregnant. Took her all of 3 three months to get from thinking to doing. Lucky.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby momof2girls1017 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:42 am

Welcome Max

Hello ladies... update on me...i m really not feeling any symptoms at all- bb are not sore anymore...and this is exactly what happen 2x before... :(

Second -so happy you went to an RE! my last 2x i learned that i had prog issues as well...suppositories are a great thing! :) but i am super excited for you now that your finally getting some answers!

Ray- the overnight at the Aquarium sounds AMAZING! i wouldnt be able to sleep much in front of a shark tank either! :)

Hi Shanessa and TIFF and EOE I may have missed!

Has anyone heard from Jenni? Miss her input and was looking forward to hearing how shes doing...

Hoopla if your stalking ...if i ever get to that stage Im def doing a CVS ...did it hurt?

ok tomorrow is my dr appt -- lets see if i still have a flicker or if im out again........
.but like i said I SWEAR IT WAS THE LEMON WATER! Drink it girls ..everyday as a substitute for your water! xoxoxo babydust...and im stalking waiting for more BFPS!
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:55 am

Hello EOE.

Just stopping in to say Hi.

Good luck tomorrow Mom0f2. Positive vibes to you for a strong hb!

Ray - sounds like you had an awesome few days. Nice that the aquarium opens itself up to overnight adventures for the kids! I too would not have been able to sleep for fear that I might miss the sound of glass cracking.... :wink:

AFM - 15dpo - temp dropped so HOPEFULLY AF will arrive today or tomorrow at the latest. I don't ever remember having an LP this long with such high temps too! I am thinking this must be a good thing. :? I certainly wasn't getting pregnant with the 10 -12 day LPs so maybe this is a good change....

BTW, I made an error on the OvaBoost. It was Fertilaid that was messing up peoples cycles. I went back and looked over my research last night. They are made by the same company and I remember that I was considering taking both but opted out of the Fertilaid b/c of the negative experiences some women reported. I apologize for putting out erroneous information.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s