Cycling on and on and on....Part 6

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on and on and on....Part 6

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:18 am

WOW Ray..that trip sounds AWESOME!!! yay..FUN STUFF!! Being busy is a really good thing..makes the month go by very fast.

Momof2, oh sweetie I have been there and I SO hope you see a heartbeat today. Prayers and hugs to you dear!

shanessa, good on ovaboost info! A longer LP does sound like a good thing to me for sure.

second, did you test today? How are you?

max, The emotional roller coaster we go thru every day of every month is so so hard. I think it has become so much harder for me after the mc. I just don't understand why that happened :(. I am sorry you had to go thru it. I have three gf who are preg right now who were preg with me during dd and who started ttc #2 after me :(. One girl (37, dh44) took her one night one try...UGH!

afm..very down today :cry: . I could cry a river if someone would let me :(. 8dpo and three different tests stark white negative and I have NO symptoms to even suggest to have hope. I am glad I am experiencing my pity party now instead of on the weekend. I am back to feeling "stuck" like my life is out of control and not moving forward because I live by ttc :(. I am so NOT a downer person but I really have been since the mc :(. I did call RE and I have an appt set for 3/21/13. It will be total out of cash money..I haven't even told dh yet. I just feel like we have got to get this show on the road or quit..I can't keep doing this. I can't keep living like this. I hate it! I feel I am just getting fat and depressed :(. Maybe my pms is really bad this cycle for some reason..femara maybe, I don't know..to high of expectations probably. Just sucks. I don't have any motivation to do anything. I USED to love exercise and I have no desire to do anything. I even have an opportunity to do a mini-triathalon and I would in the past JUMP on that becaue it is an easy one and all of my gf are going..it would be a blast. But, I didn't sign up yet because I thought I would be preggos and now i am just unmotivated to train or do anything. I just want to crawl in a hole. This is so NOT me! This is really beginning to affect my marriage and my patience with dd :(. I am so glad dh is such a good daddy because i feel like a shitty mom alot lately :(. God, I sound like a freakin basket case that needs treatment. I am not, just having a very hard time right now :(. How do you ladies live outside of tww??? I feel such pressure with my age..it is driving me nuts. I have never been someone that doesn't get what she wants by putting the needed effort into it..I can't control this at all and it is controlling me :(.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:38 am

Tiff - I felt the same way you did after my first m/c. I was 38 and never expected a problem and I was in the worst way for a few months. I convinced myself every month that I was pregnant then had a chemical instead. When I saw my RE for the first time I actually felt better I felt like I had some control back. I didn't always feel like it was going to work but I felt more in control. This ttc stuff is really a hard thing to deal with.

So I stupidly took a hpt today and guess what? Faint positive. I'm not happy because I'm thinking it's leftover hcg :( . I go to my dr appts tomorrow so I'm thinking talking about options will make me feel better but now I feel like my 2ww is indefinite. Oh why did I test?!
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:58 am

Max, THANK you for your support...nice to relate to you in a good/bad way :).
It is just so weird..I think I am healed and then another bfn and all those emotions come back :(.
So, what dpo are you? How many days since your mc? Did you test out your hcg?
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:52 am

Tiff - that happened to me every month when I got AF and it'll happen this month too I'm sure. I never tested to see when my hpt's turned negative. I've had 2 d&c's and both times by the time I went in for my follow up with my ob the hpt's that she did were negative. Both times I went exactly 2 weeks after. Tomorrow will be over 2 weeks so I just assumed the hcg was out of my system. I thought I ovulated this past weekend and dtd both Friday and Saturday and so at best I'm 5 DPO which is close to 6 and people get positives on 6DPO but I've never heard of 5 DPO.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 am

HI everyone

Its Wednesday... 1/2 way thru the week... :)

Maxx- Amazing story on the twins, incredible what medicine can do now a days.. thats why my hope of one day being a mom is SO HIGH... and I know what you mean, I have several friends that are preg right now all months I got my BFN.. but they are also about 5-7 yrs younger than me so I am sure that is part of the reason why.. and I also agree with you, I sometimes think I get pregnant but it doesnt implant, and didnt think once I was ready to try it would be hard, I was to career minded to "make time" to TTC... just thought it would happen when I really wanted it to........BOY WAS I WRONG... :doh: Keep us posted on results from the appt tomorrow..

Tiff- I can SO relate to what you wrote, its hard, month in, month out.. I think for me, I have tried finding a place in my mind where I can put this and pull it out when needed but put it away when I have to... otherwise I will whind up totally throwing my body all out of whack.. and I will never get pregnant because DH will disown me.. :doh: So sorry you are going thru this, but at the end of the day, it is STILL VERY EARLY and you might not even be at the implantation stage yet... dont give up just yet, but I do understand where the self preservation comes in..

Ray- It made me tired just ready your busy schedule over the weekend...LOL... but better to be busy than board sitting at home right??

Momof2- Try not to stress, the HB will be a big sign for you to calm your fears. I am sure everything is moving along as it should be, but understand your aprehensions..

Shanessa- so gald you see the silver lining here.. Personally I would keep taking the Ovaboost and just see what comes from it, may be something in there that gives you just the "spark" you needed to get it done.. :) LOL, on the name mess up, its not like we dont have 100 things being thrown our way everyday as a "try this or that" so its easy to confuse them... :)

Hi everyone else.. Jenni and TTC??? where are you, hope all is well....

AFM- well last night was having some AF symptoms, cramping, etc.. and temp dropped again this morning, still well above cover but still a 2nd day drop, which really told me I was out this month, also noticed that my CM is really deminishing, another sign... but I went ahead and tested anyway, and sure enough BFN.. expected... and as I said yesterday I think every month I just expect it to be negative so I dont get myself so worked up... WIll be curious to now have my FSH and HSG done sometime next week to see those results.. I cant help but to think that either I have a issue in the tubes, or my follicles are just to small and not viable.. OB told me by looking at DH seman analysis with regards to volume, he has super sperm and ALOT of it.. So this should be working, so that tells me the issue is on me... just glad to have the ball rolling and feel like it will happen sometime this yr... (or maybe that is what I just have to keep telling myself to keep from curling up in a ball and never getting out of bed).....
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello ladies

I need your advise. I am 15dpo today. My LP has always been around 10-12 days long, average of 11. Yesterday, my breasts started hurting off and on and I began making frequent trips to the ladies room. Today, still peeing alot, headache of and on thru the day and I fell asleep at my desk. There is still no sign of AF. I occasionally have cramping but not like AF. I also have some creamy CM. I keep thinking here comes AF but Nope. I have taken 3 HPTs (9, 11 and 14 dpo) but they were a 3 test set from EPT. All were negative. My temperatures dropped then rose then dropped again. I know this sounds desperate or delusional but....could I be pregnant with a progesterone issue (thus accounting for the temp drop)? Should I test again tonight using a different HPT brand?
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Shanessa- You for sure need to go buy a diff test and try the diff one to see.. sometimes those things are faulty.. I had 2 from same package from Target that gave me evap lines when in fact I was not preg.. once I changed brands I got BFN.... How sure are you on your O date? I am new to the whole progesterone side of things and am still learning about it but when I talked to my Dr nurse yesterday about my LP temps last month dropping for 5 days prior to AF and could that mean low progesterone she said a progesterone issue usually shows it self with short LP and little to no CM.. so it doesnt sound like that is a issue to me..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Yes Shanessa! If you were close by I'd give you one of my FRER tests from the second box I've bought today (this way I won't feel like I've totally wasted my money which I'm sure I did)
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Using my phone during my commute on the bus so bare with me.. Second- at this point I am sure of nothing. Just trying to cover all bases. This could all be nothing but I was reading some stories from ladies with low BBTs who turned out pregnant. Sounds a bit far fetched but I guess I shouldn't take chances. Maxx- love your personality. I'll try to post results tonight. Not expecting good news though.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Shanessa, yes you gotta try a different tests. My question is too like second...are we for sure of o date??
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Shanessa - I'm hoping for good news.

I'm glad my appt is at 9:45 AM. This is becoming unfun. I tested again and got another faint positive. I don't even want to tell my ob that I tested because I'm actually embarrassed that I did! I'm also not looking forward to the test line fading (not that there's room for fading. It's so light it'll turn white). I just know it's the hcg hanging around from before the d&c. Well I actually don't know that because if I did I wouldn't be having this conversation with myself.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Personals tomorrow. Just a quick update. Sorry I've been MIA.

I've been really sick since getting home from L.A. last Thursday night. Actually what was sniffles and some sneezing turned into a full blown head cold on Tuesday night. By the time I got to my hotel I was really sick. Hot shower and bed after some dinner. Talked to the nurse at my OB's office and they told me I could take Benadryl. Some relief but not enough. By the time I got to the airport Thursday night I knew I was in for it. Got home at 1am and went to bed but the damage was done. I spent Friday-Monday prone on the couch napping most of the days. Monday I broke down and called my Primary who said I could use Afrin and take Robitussin. Well the Afrin was a god send. Monday night I slept pretty well the whole night. Then yesterday - POW!! Morning sickness hit. So now for two days I've been managing that. Finally felt well enough this afternoon around 3pm (after two naps), to go out and get a couple errands done. Now I'm sitting here on the couch completely exhausted. Bed soon..

But first, last Tuesday a week ago we had an u/s. We saw the baby and it's heart beat strong and regular at 100bpm. My OB talked with us after and said all looks good right now. I have an appt on Feb 25 in two more weeks when I'm 8 weeks along for a full OB workup with the midwife. They agreed to my scheduled c-section too so that's a relief. They also tested my progesterone levels and they are excellent so no supps for me. I'll have the blood work done to test the baby's DNA to ensure there are no issues, or to help us make a decision on how to move forward if there are, but for now, no anxiety about it. Just a lot of nausea, intense hunger, extreme exhaustion, and thirst. I'm in maternity clothes for going out and about but my sweats and lounge pants are still working for in the house. I also got a Boppy body pillow to help me sleep better.

Six more weeks and two more appointments before we can tell the world. But my Mom is already planning the shower for this summer and taste testing cakes. LOL We told DS and told him he had to keep his mouth shut and not tell anyone. Hopefully he does - he's 6 1/2 so his secret keeping skills are not developed.

Anyway, that's me. I wish I could take the time right now to comment back to everyone, but I'll do it tomorrow.
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Janovich » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 am

Morning Ladies... hope you're all as well as can be expected., today is a new day.

Tiff - i can so relate you to your post my love,...here i am, 44 years old and found the love of my life and the only man that i have ever wanted to have a child with,.. wish i'd met him 10 years ago.. But i can't get hung up on that, such is life and if the good lord is going to grant us with a child of our own then that would be sooooooooooooo good. But i have to try my hardest to keep myself together, knowing that it may never be,....but it may!

Shanessa....How are we this morning?? Any news? Certainly an exciting time and can't blame you getting all...oooooooooooooooo,...is this The one!?? Thinking of you.

Jenni - Ahh bless ya... so good to hear baby's heartbeat is good and strong, bet you can't wait to get through the next 6 weeks before you can announce the news...!!

Maxx - Aww,.. it's not good i guess seeing those lines, when you know in the back of your mind what's causing them, love to you.

Second C - Bummer about the temps,... but hoping for you that they shoot back up again,.. we just never really know i guess,..but on the other hand, we women tend to know our bodies better than anyone or any chart...x

TTC - Hello to you my canadian cookie,...hope you're doing OK

'Waving'...to everyone else.

As For Me.... Well yesterday i had something happen that not happened to me before,..and that was a temp drop below my coverline,...which has now shot back up this morning. Since ovulation, FF has kept changing my ov date from 14 to 15 then back to 14 and today it's changed it's mind yet again!,..and put me back to CD15!!,...whatever! And it kept changing my coverline back and forth too from 36.4 ish to 36.5 ish. Had on and off pokey/pinchy pains yesterday both left and right, but all has settled this morning and it's actually pretty good to feel errr..'normal' within the TWW coz i'm usually feeling something going on,...but all is calm... which is a very welcome change at the moment!

Jan xx
Janovich x
Me: 46
OH: 44
Chemical - January 2013
TTC since Feb 2012, naturally
Temping and watching CM changes when I can!
My Ovulation Chart || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Janovich
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 am

Good Morning, Ladies. Happy Valentine’s Day :hb: !!

Jan – You sure are handling the O date uncertainty well! That drives me crazy!! Maybe no symptoms is a good thing??

Jennie – I’m sorry to hear you have been sick since LA, but so glad to hear about the heartbeat!! I am glad they agreed to the C section!

Max – I will be waiting to hear how your appointment goes and if that slight positive sticks! Let us know when you get back!

Shanessa – Did you take another test last night??? I can’t see your temp for today yet, so not sure if it rose again or fell. Sending you positive thoughts!!

Second - I see your temp is slightly up again today! With the testing they are doing, I am sure they will help narrow down your progesterone issue. Waiting to see what today brings for you…

Tiff – I wish I was there to give you a hug :hugs: ! Hang in there. I am sure you are a wonderful Mom and just had a tough day. I have moments like that too. I sure understand the frustration and you’ll be in my prayers.

Momof2 - How was your appointment??

Apples – How are you doing? How is WW going for you?

Hello to EOE!

AFM - CD8 for me today, so still a few days away from O. O is estimated for Tuesday, so we will see where it falls this cycle. Today is a special day for me. It was 11 years ago today that my DS was conceived. 11 years has gone by so very fast. I had the blood work done yesterday that my OB required before moving on to Clomid. Today, I have my first appointment with the RE this afternoon. I’ve filled out all the paperwork and I am very very anxious and not quite sure what to expect :shock: . They referred to this afternoon being a “Series of Appointments”, but I don’t know what that means.

:babydustb: :babydustg: to all!!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby *Apples* » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:31 am

Hay chica's making new thread part 7. see you there.
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s