Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

Postby *Apples* » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:33 am

Continuation of previous thread - all welcome!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 am

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES :hb: :hb: :hb: !

Feeling good this morning. So let me get my silly self out of the way first...
Took the FRER last night - white as the driven snow :) Could have saved myself some money and time because 3 hours later started spotting and AF is in full flow today. 8)

Jano- don't fixate too much on FF. The line is just a guide. Glad you are feeling some relief.

Jenni - awesome news on the hb. Sorry that you are feeling run down and m/s on top of that. :hugs: Try to rest and take it easy. Here's hoping those six weeks fly by so everyone can join in your joy.

Maxx - let us know how the appt goes.

Tiff/Second - O was right, I was the one who was off.

Second - Congrats on the super sperm. LOL Couldn't resist that. I see your temps inched up. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Tiff - :hugs: I know how you feel. Clearly I lost my mind this last cycle. I too feel like I am not being the best mom to DS during the tww. It's the stress. Unfortunately, ttc is not something we can control completely. We can control our supplements, bd timing, diet and exercise. All else is in God's hands. I have tried to make a concerted effort to just enjoy the triad family I have b/c it might be the only one I have. I would hate to look back 3 years from now and realize I missed out on those precious moments with ds. :hugs:

Mom - How did the appt go?

Ray - GL on this next chapter. There will be a lot of info so take a deep breath and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Apples - thanks for the new page. I see you have an ovulation chart up. Excellent! Let's see if this is your surprise month.

TTC, Simone - Where are you?

AFM - cd1 as I mentioned above. AF came in like a lamb. I am totally psyched that I had a 15 day LP! 14 days above the coverline! Very new for me. Excited to see what this cycle brings (hopefully a BFP). Nice to actually have evidence that something I am taking (Ovaboost) is having an impact. I apologize for falling into the looney bin yesterday about the low bbt's and possible pregnancy. :oops: I KNOW better. The facts don't lie. Sorry to share that craziness with you smart, rational ttc women. :wink: Enjoying my V-day. Got on my red (including AF - I know, that was disgusting). My DS gave me a Mommy charm necklace, a UR GR8 pin and DH gave me flowers, jewelry and a beautiful card (something to the effect that by now I must know he is not the most romantic of guys but he only wants to do things to make me happy :mrgreen: ) A BFP would do the job nicely. LOL I decked out in all of it today! :roll: Anyway, busy day so catch you ladies later.

Also on this day of love, wanted to say Thank you all for being there for me (especially when I have lost my mind). :D
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby *Apples* » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:51 am

Tiff - :hugs: And YES - I did feel the same way - like I was putting my weight loss on hold and not having a life and last month I stopped that and just started focusing on me. As you all know, I am a Christian and have a lot of faith. I just took the attitude that if it was God's plan for me to have another, He would grant it, if not, then just to see the blessing in that. I feel blessed in so many other ways and must be thankful for that. So I made peace with it all and got on with "ME!" Went back to a one delicious cup of coffee a day, sleeping on my stomach again (yes I HAD stopped doing that - lol I am mad), working out and all of that good stuff. I have also promised myself to not buy another HPT again until I am two weeks late. Yes, two weeks late. I'm done with being a TTC victim and I can see why Earthweave went her way - you just get to a point where you say enough is enough. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to avoid doing the deed when fertile and I'll start my Clomid/Femara again in July, so I am still in the game but darn it, I am not going to stay on this train anymore! So YES I can totally see where you are coming from.

Janovich - I think you o'd where your temp dipped and cannot work out why FF is messing you about. I had the same problem with it this month and I just went in and used the manual override. F that! I knew when I o'd - I had killer o pains again. Sometimes, I think FF gets it wrong - you know you and your body and it's signs.

Jen - Awww poor girl you got hit with a double whammy. Hope you feel better soon and I don't know about you, but I felt reassured when having morning sickness - like it was a physical sign that told me all was well?

Shanessa - yay for 15 day lp. :D I'm taking the B6 and B12 combo and I think it is lengthening mine too. Sooooo agree that it is reassuring that when there is little bean in there one day that the "red" floodgates won't open on it's moving in day!

EOE - Hi and I don't have the other thread open to catch up properly to read.

AFM, nothing much going on here. I stayed the same weight wise this week but did hit a Chinese buffet last week :oops: My weakness!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 am

So I'm feeling sorry for myself. Hi to everyone by the way and I'll make personal comments when I stop feeling sorry for myself :-). I tested again this morning and of course a faint positive (I think I wrote this already!). I went to my ob and of course she doesn't do a urine test. First time that's happened. So she checks me out and says everything looks good. I'm thinking wait are you sure? Check my cervix again. It's got to be acting like I'm pregnant. I ask about clomid and she bring up my RE and I say I'm going this afternoon so of course she says good since she's looking to defer to him. She gets ready to say goodbye and then I think I have to tell her about the positive test so I do and of course she says "why did you test?! You're killing me!" and sends me off to the tech for an ultrasound to make sure that I have no retained products. I felt like saying don't you want to congratulate me on my new pregnancy? Anyway the tech does the ultrasound and says any bleeding and I say no and want to say why are you concerned that I'm bleeding so early in my pregnancy? But no she's worried about retained products. She looks does a transvaginal and an abdominal and says that everything looks good. Uterine lining looks great, ovaries look fine. I'm looking at a spot on the image thinking are you sure you don't want to call that a gestational sac? Are you sure the lining isn't thicker than normal because I just had successful implantation? No of course not. I ask if she can tell if I've ovulated and she says it looks like I will soon because I have a cyst forming. Again I'm thinking are you sure that's a cyst and not a sac? So she finishes up and tells me that my dr will talk to me in a few minutes. Then my dr comes in and says ok everything's ok, sometimes the hormone stays around for a bit, I'll see you when I see you, make sure you stop in with the boys. Of course I read into that thinking she doesn't think I'll get pregnant again. I also read into her asking me if I froze any embryos from my first ivf and when I said we only had 3 to transfer I'm thinking she's probably like poor thing she won't get any this time. Sorry for rambling on but I'm in a mood. I'm going to my RE at 3:30. I hope he makes me feel better :-(. Oh and I'm going to go pee on the rest of my sticks so I can be done with this. There's a part of me thinking "maybe they're wrong....". Ugh
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 am

Happy Valentine day everyone... Hope you are all doing something special with your SO tonight... :D DH and I are going on to a nice dinner, looking forward to it..

Maxx- AH...... So sorry you went thru this today... I truely cannot imagine how you are feeling.. :hugs: to you.. Hoping that the RE appt is better.. for your own peice of mind, ask them straight out.. AM I PREGNANT right now, you need to know one way or the other... that way you can mentally work it out in your head.. (at least thats what helps me).. will be waiting to hear what the RE says..

Jenni- Sounds like the baby is making itself know... I know it stinks when your right smack in the middle of the sickness, sounds like everything is going EXCELLENT so far.. Such exciting times for you now and to come... feel better and enjoy every single second of this..

Jano- I looked at your chart, and agree with you, it appears that O was the 14th but it shows as the 15th only because that next temp was not above cover... interesting, wonder if you have a slow rise?? and really 14th was O.. anyway you look at it, either day if you were able to see your man you very well may have gotten it done... :D and you had a CRAZY amount of days of W and E... Just something as a FYI, when I was at my Dr last week when she looked over my charts she said she could tell my thyroid was off because I had some many days of E or W.. not saying it means anything,but, just wanted to share that with you..

Ray- keep us posted on how your appt goes and what your tests say.. WIll be anxious to hear what they say..

Apples- I think you have a great healthy attitude on this.. relaxed may be the winner in the long run.. Keep it going, weight management is a forever thing, if you never have the "bad" things you will eventually find yourself on the couch watching a movie and realize you ate the whole bag of chips.. LOL.. so dont beat yourself up.. just keep doing what you are doing... YOU ARE DOING GREAT..

Shanessa- WOW, that is a HUGE improvement on the LP in a one month time span.. You for sure should be stooked about that.. LOL on the looney bin comment, we could all copy and paste that line every month as well.. this TTC is such a brain teaser...

AFM-12DPO, just waiting for AF to arrive, should be Sat or Sun.. I suspect Sunday since I Oed CD14 this month, so again, Great 15 day LP, but not so great with the results... DH said last night, are you getting close to be able to test, I told him I tested yesterday morning and it was BFN.. he said what is BFN.. LOL... I told him and he laughed at the lingo we use.. I am trying to keep it light, cant have him stressing out over it, he is already stressed enough at work and with the fact we are not preg. yet.. so then right after that he says, well then that means we need to be having some fun because soon you will be out of commission for a bit... MEN.... I guess I achieved my result of trying to keep it light... he clearly had moved on..... LOL.... Luckily for me I always expect a BFN so I am not so mentally devastated when I get the BFN..

:)
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Hello again. Waiting at the doctor, so thought I would drop by and pick up the new thread.

Max - So sorry you are having a tough day.

Second - I'll be hoping You get a surprise and stays away!

Shanessa - Sorry about AF, but WhooHoo for the longer LP.

Apples - good to hear from you :) .
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

My RE didn't necessarily make me feel better. He's on board with doing ivf and will start with my upcoming cycle but he reminded me of the grim statistics which are only 20% get lucky and that's mostly due to having pgd done with ivf. Without pgd the stat goes down to 10%. We were all about doing pgd the first time but because we only had 3 embryos the decision was not made to try and grow the embryos to 5 days and so all 3 were put back at day 3. I'd do pgd this time around for sure. The issue is that my husband does not want to do ivf again but will if that's what I want. Basically my age puts me at risk for everything and he doesn't see the point in taking the risk since we got so lucky with the twins. Unfortunately everyone kind of agrees with him and so how can I push him to do this? I feel so stuck. About a month ago my friend gave me the number for a psychic and I've been calling but of course no response. I just called again because I figure that she'll tell me what I want to hear seeing as no one else will.

Anyway hope everyone is having a good Valentine's Day.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby momof2girls1017 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Valentines!

So I went to my dr....and guess what?? his SONOGRAM MACHINE WAS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you hear me screaming??? he checked my cervix and took blood and said everything looks ok.

I sat back and said...um i m not comfortable...my symptoms have all but disappeared...im exactly at the same week when i miscarried in JULY '12 and JUNE '11-- i cant wait till 2 weeks to see you again.. i cant...

so he sent me over to the hospital! no ladies not the mental ward.... LOL and I waited for over an hour and I GOT MY HEARTBEAT!

Im now less on edge....now till the next appointment.... we always worry...we worry before conception when we live in 2 week increments with supplements. Then we get a BFP and we live on edge from appt to appt....its endless...but the endresult is PRICE LESS...

enjoy your valentines day...and dont forget...keep trying if not this cycle the next... and drink loads of lemon water.... LOL im not giving up on that! please someone try it...

Happy Day....ladies...time for some cheap chocolate overload! :)
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby momof2girls1017 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Maxx i just read your posts.... IM sorry your having a s(*&&^& time with those DUMB doctors! YOU KNOW in YOUR heart WHATS RIGHT ...you dont need a psychic or a doctor to tell you! and at one point my hubby wasnt on board anymore...but he will be ...you TRULY want another baby then YOU WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN ! change doctors! change RE ....you can do this!

Good luck love hope you feel better soon!
god bless!
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maxxiniko » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks Momof2 and I'm glad you got to see and hear the heartbeat. That's a huge relief.
Shanessa - if you were in the loony bin then I pulled you into it.

As for me I'm working tonight. Probably better for my head.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:46 am

I was off work yesterday a s we are traveling today...so I am sorry for no personals and only scan posts...will catch back up Monday...promise!
Congrats Max & momof2!!!!

Afm...well, my hormonal breakdown the other day was for a WONDERFUL reason!!!! I got a BFP!!! Seriously, on 9dpo and 10dpo with progression. I didn't believe it yesterday; but can't deny today!
Sorry gotta go! Love y'all!!!!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:14 am

Congrats Tiffany! What if anything have you been doing to help it along? I need ideas. I'm older than you (41) so I'm in a worse situation but any advice will help!
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby raybuth » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 am

Good morning, Ladies.

Tiff - What wonderful news! I am so happy for you :happyforyou: !!!!

I'm sorry for the long post, but I have a lot to share on my end this morning. So here is the news on my appointment with the RE. The great news is that my cycles look really good for my age. She was very pleased with the results of my charts. They are regular and healthy and I show no signs of perimenopause :D . They are short and getting shorter and my CM is drier up more and more with each passing cycle :doh: . It is believed that both of these are a direct result of my age. Based upon our history, her initial instincts are that there is no reason why we can't conceive, but realistically, my time is VERY VERY short.

The bad news? I am two months away from turning 44 :shh: . Their charts don't accomodate me, because the likelihood of success of women my age has yet to be measured. She believes that the only thing getting in the way is my age. They will be doing further testing pretty quickly. Progesterone test after ovulation this month may help if we get lucky on our own this cycle. I have a hotline number to call once I get my + OPK this month. They'll do a 3 day and HSG next month. DH has his semen analysis in 10 days. I'm not sure yet how we'll afford it, but she recommends up to 4 cycles of IUI if needed. She believes that our chances for success are very good within 4 cycles. If I can't conceive by then, it is highly unlikely that I will (gulp). She also admitted that they have very little success with women my age, but that I am the ideal candidate and she is hopeful that she can help us if we move fast. I did ask if we should wait a month or so with just meds. She indicates that I cannot afford to be passive if I want this. I have to take action now.

The worst news? I have a $4000 deductible. Given my ticking internal clock, apparently we can't afford to wait until I reach my deductible for the year. We will have to come out of pocket for EVERYTHING right now :omg: . I guess we will reach that deductible quickly!

I did ask if there was anything I should be taking in the meanwhile to improve the quality of my eggs. She did recommend DHEA 25 MG 3X day (that is 2x more than I am currently taking) and COQ10 300 MG 2x a day.
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:34 am

Holy Cow Tiff!! :omg: How dare you drop that wonderful bomb and then dart off for family fun. LOL Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to hear more. Enjoy your time with family.

Ray - Darn it. The money can be a killer. But if this is really what you want then I guess you don't have much choice but to dig deep. :( Maybe you can balance it out by cutting something else from your budget?!? At least your doc is willing to try with you.

Maxx - I agree with Mom0f2. You have to follow your heart. Don't worry about what physics or doctors have to say. DH will come around once you have that healthy little one in your arms.

Momof 2 - I was so frustrated while first reading your post about the broken u/s machine. Way to stand your ground! Yay on the heartbeat! Bet you took the deepest breathe ever at that point. Awesome news for you. BTW, I love lemonade so I must just try that lemon water. :wink:

Second - I am totaly stoked on the longer lp. Now if I can just join the other ladies on here with a BFP I would be over the moon.

EOE - Hey!

AFM - Wow, at least 50% of the women who post regularly on this thread are now BFP (if I an counting correctly). Simone, Hoopla, Momof2, Jenni, Tiff... did I miss anyone? I am so hoping to join the preggo group...sooner rather than later. I am coming up on three years since I was able to get pregnant on my own (April 2010). :( Beginning to wonder if the equipment is rusting out. Sigh. Trying to remain hopeful though. One day/cycle at a time....

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi everyone

So sorry this post will be short. Today is insane busy for me but I couldn't not post real quick. TIFFANY OMG.....WHAT DID I SAY EARLIER THIS WEEK. you tested to soon. SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU. You must be in a haze right now. So happy.

I will check in later. I tested again this morning 13DPO. STILL BFN... which I figured.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s