Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 pm

I've been reading but find it really hard to post a long entry when my head feels like it's going to explode or the nausea comes on. It appears unexpectedly but does seem to be improving this week.

Welcome Max. I used internet cheapies until I started getting a line and saved my FR OPks for when it was getting darker. I tested morning, noon and night until I got a handle on my surge. I always had late in the day surges - darkest lines after 7pm at night. My January surge was 3 days compared to 1-2 days previous months and of course that's when everything came together and I got a BFP on 9dpo

Welcome back Statham! Ooohhhh, promising symptoms maybe??

Momof2 - yay!!!! wonderful that you finally got to see the HB.

Tiff - Yay for the BFP!!! Just take care of yourself.

Ray - I had some weirdness with my FF chart in January too. My temps were wonky and FF couldn't decide where my O date was so I changed the setting to OPK only and it settled on CD11. It must have been right b/c we didn't BD CD12 or CD13 and I got my pos HPT just 9 days later. I think other ladies on here probably have a good perspective on your chart.

Second - Sorry to hear about your friends. I'm so glad to hear that your costs will be less than what you were told initially. Good luck and keep us posted on all results!

Luvs - good to see you back here again.

Shanessa - good for sticking with the OvaBoost. I used it starting early January and eleven days later.... :)

Hoopla - gah! I'm right there with you on the cold thing. Mine has never gone away yet. I'm not getting stuff done b/c of it - totally wiping me out! That's fantastic about your tests!! :)

Hi EOE!!

AFM - 7 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. Cold is finally dialing back to sniffles. I'm still having on and off mild dull achey type lower abdomen cramping and ongoing lower back pain. I've managed to figure out that if I eat all the time I don't get m/s per se, but I usually have a persistent feeling of nausea coming on in my head. If I lie down I usually fall asleep and am out for at least an hour. I'm sleeping a lot lately, but I'm either waking up super early in the morning, or I'm waking up super late. On Monday I never got up til 11:30. I'm still getting a bit breathless when I carry things or go up stairs. None of my clothes fit. I am def in maternity clothes but I don't mind b/c they are comfier. In other news I got a contract job in my 'old' career doing writing for e-learning courses PT on my own schedule. That starts in March. As well, I got a call last night from a production company to style the judges for a reality competition show. Anyway, my resume went up the chain, they called my references (everyone raved about me b/c I'm really good at my job - 8) ), and today I got the call that the job is mine if I want it! I took it of course. I'm making a great hourly to dress 3 people, 2 outfits each episode for seven episodes all taped in 14 days of filming. Most of the outfits will be out of the celebs own closets and me and the producers make the decisions about what works best for the show. I will probably have minimal shopping to do mostly for the female judge: Marcela - you may have seen her on Food Network? I'm also dressing Paul Hollywood from the UK version of the show called Bake Off, and the third male judge is yet to be locked in. I've got a meeting on Tuesday with the producers then Skype calls with each of the talent to get a feel for their favorite colors, style, and to give them parameters on what to pack. On Friday March 1 and Sat March 2 we have rehearsals then on Sunday March 3 we start shooting. It will be every Sunday/Monday and Thursday/Friday for four weeks. Can you tell I'm excited? As far as wardrobe styling jobs go, this is an easy peasy cake of a job. Just hope that the talent are pleasant and not jerks. It happens sometimes.

Finally, I've got my full OB workup on Monday. Early 8am appt with the mid wife for about 2 hours which will include another u/s given my age. I will be 8 weeks the day after. Let's hope that all is well and that I can start work next Friday with no stress and much happiness to get my last real industry job in before I've gotta stop. I couldn't have asked for a better scenario with the job and it will get me up and out of the house and busy. I really do love what I do and usually have a lot of fun on set.
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maxxiniko » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Jenni - do you really think the OvaBoost helped? I've been using it since my d&c. I used to use the cbfm until it broke and it made life so easy. Not that it got my pregnant because it didn't but at least there's no mistaking a peak symbol. Is it possible to miss a surge with these opk's? I'm going to see what the morning brings but if it's like today I don't know what to think. I don't watch tv at all but what's the show called?
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

i do think the ovaboost helped me. other things that helped were eating totally organic since may 2012, and non-gmo, taking supplements: multi, cal-mag, dha, vitamin d, and getting my thyroid meds straightened out. a lot of praying, good charting and keeping stress low. we decided that we'd give it three months then go ahead and see what our options were if it didn't happen. then it did. i really feel like it is a miracle, but i know my eating, charting and supplements helped me.
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby *Apples* » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 am

Hey girls.

Jenni that sounds awesome, you go girl!

Thanks tiff for the prometrium info. I called the doc to ask and when he called me back he said that he did not think I had a progesterone issue because previous cd21 bloods were 100 n/mol which he said was awesome. I don't know much about uk progesterone numbers admittedly...Anyhoo I will just take his word.

AFM, am happy to report that I actually had a "better" AF visit this month. I bled for five days. Okay so it was only spotting on days four and five but I've never had that before so I'm happy. I think the red raspberry leaf tea capsules are doing their job along with the b6 and b12?

I'm down another three pounds only but I'll take that! Can't work out how to change my ticket but I've lost 20lbs so far. :D
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof2girls1017 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 am

Hey ladies I'm a bit freaked out

On tuesday afternoon I ate pasta ( penne) it was delish, I was at work and I kinda shoveled it down... -1hr later I was cramping bad/ it reminded me of my cramping in June 2011 after we ate at friendlys restaurant ( that ended up being a miscarriage )

It wasn't as intense and w some ginger ale I went home and spent part of my night on the toilet/ However here I am on Thursday and my boobs dont hurt!!! My symptoms have faded!!!!!!

Tomorrow AM i have a drs appt/ now this is all I'm thinking !!!! I'm 8 weeks my boobs should be sore!!!!!!

Help me relax !!!
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 am

Hi all, my my so much going on!

Welcome Maxx.

Apples, CG on weight loss. I’m on WW since January 1m 2013 and I've lost 9.5 lbs. so far :happyforyou: Slow and steady for me if I have any chance of keeping it off. I was on WW last year but got bored of it in September and quit counting points but still watched what I ate. My goal is to get close to my ideal BMI at 145 or 21.5 lbs away (no way I can hit my ideal BMI, I haven’t weighed 132 lbs. since college in 1992) ... I'm already down from size 16 to size 12 so if I make even to 150 lbs. I will probably be in a size 8 ... then I'll be a lil sexy momma :D

Momof2 - thanks for the PM ... I am so glad you seen a HB :mrgreen:

Tiff - how you feeling girl?

Shanessa - I will be going on my second month of the Ovaboost too!

Jenni - Nausea is good ... means everything is okay with your pregnancy. I remember with my DS I wish I was nauseous because then I knew my pregnancy was progressing well ... I was one of the lucky ones that had absolutely no pregnancy symptoms until the last month when my feet retained so much water I felt like I was walking in a swamp. I remember have a glass of orange juice just so my LO would do his back flips in my belly (DS still loves OJ now). Or yea and I had (still don't have) any depth perception because I could never fit between chairs in a restaurant without hitting someone with my belly :oops:

Second - I'm glad you are getting all the tests done to see if there is anything "physically" preventing you from getting pregnant. As for FSH, my theory is, REs put too much weight on FSH, I mean how can it vary sooo much from month to month and it tell them anything useful? One month my FSH was at 9 (under 10 is ideal) and the next month my FSH was at 12 (less than ideal but not horrible) ... how is that useful? So does that mean all the drugs I took during my treatment MADE my FSH jump 4 points? Psssh ... but that's just my opinion.

Hi EOE!

ASM - I've been busy shovelling myself out of snow storms, celebrating Family Day with my DS (last weekend), fighting a cold, posting in our group on FB and seeing imaginary second lines when POAS. I am 15DPO so if all goes to plan AF should arrive tomorrow..... am I sad/depressed/mad ...kind of but right now I'm ok with it. I was surprised this month when I O'd on CD15 ... I thought it would be more like CD17-18 so we only BD'd CD14 + CD15 ...so okay but not ideal.

This will be my second month of Ovaboost, we will be using pre-seed only this cycle and a softcup 20 minutes after hip elevation before I get up to go to the washroom, I am using up my prescription of Femara (2nd month using from a 3 month hiatus) plus all the Fertility Naturopath RX. So actually I'm feeling good because I have a plan not just throwing my cards in and hoping for the best. Plus I am down 9.5 lbs since January 1, 2013 and still losing weight .. I figure another 7.5 lbs and I will be at the weight I was at when I conceived DS so I still have 2 more months before all the stars will be aligned and I'll be ready for my Christmas/New Years baby.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:04 am

Good Morning, Ladies!
Tiff - I think it is typical to take the Progesterone test around day 21 (about a week before AF is due). Since I have such short cycles (23 – 25 days), day 21 is too close to AF for me. I think the equivalent for me is cycle day 17. I think they try to target between 6 - 8 DPO. Thanks for the advice. I believe that I O’d on CD11 too. How are you feeling?

Stathamluvr – Maybe those cramps are the egg making its way through your tubes. Those contractions can be uncomfortable at times. I hope that today is better and that the cramps have eased!

Jenni - Wow! Congrats on the new jobs :D ! It sounds really exciting. You will have to let us know the name of the show and when it airs so we can see your handiwork!! I’m sorry to hear about the nausea. It does sounds like your pregnancy is progressing well. So happy for you :mrgreen: !

Max – Unfortunately, you most definitely can miss your surge :cry: . When it goes from darker to lighter (and you are testing at a good time of day), it is ususally an indicator that you have O’d. Are you temping too? The temping would help confirm when you O. I missed my surge last cycle, so I understand the frustrating feeling!

Apples – WhooHoo and 20 lbs down! Way to go! :jump:

TTC – Congrats on your weight loss :jump: ! It sure feels better when we plan, take action and go for our goals! Glad that you are taking the bull by the horns.

Momof2 – If I could give you a hug, I would :hugs: . I am sure you are just fine and the food incident is coincidental. Some days you just won’t have symptoms. Hang in there.

AFM – No real news to report on my end. At 4/5 DPO, I do not really have any symptoms. I am feeling great about this cycle! Wouldn’t it be great if I got our BFP this cycle and did not have to proceed to the IUI next month? With these short cycles of mine, everything seems to move at lightening speed.

Sending :sticky: to our BFP's and :babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: to the rest of us!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 am

ok so Dr called this morning my FSH at CD3 was 17.8 which they says is high.. they really wanted to see it from 3-8... They want to repeat it in 2 months.. Still doing my HSG today, but feeling a bit discouraged right now. What is FSH exactly, what is it looking for, my mind is kind of scattered right now.........
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:39 am

Hello everyone!

TTC - Missed your posts but I have to admit I have been quietly tracking your chart 8) ...and hoping that when you reappeared, it would be with at BFP. I like the pattern so far and I see you have been testing. Regardless of the turn out, it does sound like you have a great plan. Congrats on the weight loss. I have not been too committed in my WW pursuit. :(

Jenni - what an exciting occupation and time for you. Enjoy it! Can't wait to hear about your Monday appt. Sounding to me like multiples if your clothes are not fitting already and your beta was so high too. :D

Momof2- please try to relax. My boobs NEVER were sore until AFTER I gave birth and my milk came in. Now that was some major pain. Boob sensitivity is not the defining sign for a healthy pregnancy. Try to hang in there until tomorrow and you get some more answers.

Apples - 20lbs is phenomenal. If I lost 20 lbs I would be over the moon! You go girl! Congrats on the improving cycle too!

Second - sorry about your losses. Excellent news on the price drop on the HSG. It is supposed to really clear out the tubes and increase your chances of concieving for up to 3 cycles. At work I have a water jug that holds 32 oz. I add lemons to it and fill it twice each day. Not sure if it is too much or too little.

Stat - Let's hear it for the weird symptoms!

Ray - I am with Tiff. I thought progesterone testing was done later in the cycle. Might want to confirm that. UPDATE - We were posting at the same time. Ignore my progesterone comment. :) I ususally have short cycles too (23 -25 days) but with the Ovaboost it went to 28 days last cycle with a 15 day LP! Amazing for me! I did get pregnant with DS with the short cycles though so...

Hey EOE!

AFM - OMG I think I O'd yesterday. :omg: I suspect this is 1dpo. I NEVER O this early. During the day, I had begun noticing EWCM. I don't usually get it so early but it usually starts around a day or two b4 O so I was alerted that it might come earlier than my normal (cd11-14) but this is ridiculous. :roll: Yesterday was a stressful work day and last night we had to register DS for his new school for the fall so we were out late. Between getting DS to bed and other chores, it was really late when I decided to update my chart last night. That is when I noticed that yesterday might have been my pre-O dip in temps. :shock: We managed to get in a BD in the wee hours of this a.m. I added some preseed (added some more this a.m. b4 work to help the spermies out throughout the day :) ). Sure enough, my temps spiked up this a.m. Time will tell if this is truly O or not but Jeez. If I O'd during the day, I might have missed it. :( I think the OvaBoost might be tightening up my cycle all around, which is good. I just have to adjust to my new cycles. Good thing I thought to pick up more preseed yesterday a.m. (even though I thought I had more time). I am exhausted this morning (only 4 hours sleep) so it will be a long day and since hubby is working late, we wont even be able to get in some insurance BD. :(
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 am

Shanessa - definitely only one baby. tech checked on my first u/s and there was clearly just one HB and one yolk sac. I think I'm just holding a lot of water (normal for me) and that I just can't stand anything binding me. I feel better in my lounge pants or for going out, my new maternity jeans and tops. I also wasn't at a good weight when we conceived so I feel like I'm probably a little bigger all around. It' s ok - after baby comes I will be fast and furious on the weight loss track. :)
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 am

Second, FSH is short for Follicle Stimulating Hormone it is responsible for stimulating the growth and development of eggs in women, and stimulating the growth and development of sperm cells in men.

And like I said earlier, it can vary from month to month so I would not put too much weight in it at all.... your RE even said it should be 3-8 where my RE said under 10 is ideal.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks TTC for the input... personals to come in a bit...

I just got home from the HSG... test went great, no pain or discomfort at all....she let me watch on the screen, she said my uterus looks great called it a "picture perfect uterus" and dye flowed right thru the tubes, so no blockage.. she feels honestly right now at this phase that my only issue is egg quality, thus my test showing a high (17) FSH... she said lets be agressive the next couple of months and if not preg by April when I repeat the FSH then she will refer me to a RE...

Since I am now at CD5 she started me on 50 mg clomid for this cycle we will do days 5-9 and then if it doesnt work next cycle days 3-7. I picked it up on my way home and took my 1st dose just before I typed to you all... Also, she wants me in for a ultra sound on CD 13 just prior to O.. which should be day 14... So, I am officially doing all I can at this phase.. She said its just a matter of me getting that perfect egg... which I have but are further and further apart. I love my Dr. so much. She is so calm and doesnt throw the obvious "my age" in my face.. just doing all she can to help me achieve the dream...

ok, so with that, I need to research clomid... what can you all tell me about it, and what side effects do I think I will have???
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Second- :hugs: You can read more about what the numbers might mean on http://www.fertilityplus.com.

Also, I found another site http://www.modernantiaging.com that speaks to ways to bring the FSH levels down through exercise, eating vegetables, etc...

Hope these sites prove insightful.

How did the HSG go? Tubes OK?
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Second_Chance wrote:Thanks TTC for the input... personals to come in a bit...

I just got home from the HSG... test went great, no pain or discomfort at all....she let me watch on the screen, she said my uterus looks great called it a "picture perfect uterus" and dye flowed right thru the tubes, so no blockage.. she feels honestly right now at this phase that my only issue is egg quality, thus my test showing a high (17) FSH... she said lets be agressive the next couple of months and if not preg by April when I repeat the FSH then she will refer me to a RE...

Since I am now at CD5 she started me on 50 mg clomid for this cycle we will do days 5-9 and then if it doesnt work next cycle days 3-7. I picked it up on my way home and took my 1st dose just before I typed to you all... Also, she wants me in for a ultra sound on CD 13 just prior to O.. which should be day 14... So, I am officially doing all I can at this phase.. She said its just a matter of me getting that perfect egg... which I have but are further and further apart. I love my Dr. so much. She is so calm and doesnt throw the obvious "my age" in my face.. just doing all she can to help me achieve the dream...

ok, so with that, I need to research clomid... what can you all tell me about it, and what side effects do I think I will have???

Thought i submitted my prior message but didn't and then i saw your message after i pressed submit. Excellent news on the tubes. One worry down. Now start working on the FSH. Since I never took it, I can't tell you anything about clomid.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby StathamLuvr » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanx for all the words of encouragement ladies!! :-) I slept last night from about 6:00 pm until about 7:00 am this morning- cat scared me awake one time in there and had to pee another time, but other than that it was a night of snoring and weirrd dreams. I'm kinda bummed today b/c I don't seem to have much going on in the way of "symptoms"... no cramps today and bb's are ever-so-slightly sore/tender feeling. I think I am at about 3-5 dpo, so waaay too early to test and get the suspense over with! Grrr

momo: I hope everything got better and you relaxed.

To EOE in the "over 40 gang": rock on with those bfp's and a collective "kiss the belly" to those further on in your pg! :-)
StathamLuvr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s