Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

I guess I shouldn't worry too much if the mild nausea is starting to completely disappear. I'm still having dull achey pressure low in my abdomen and getting so tired that I have to take a nap in the afternoon. Big appointment on Monday morning, and it still seems so far away. I want to see that HB again.
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm

That is great news about your doc and your hsg! No blocked tubes, cysts/polyps and good uterus so at least you don't have to worry about surgeries! Im in the same boat as you, its my eggs :( i never read if dh sperm was good, do you mind sharing that info?
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 pm

DH has super sperm. 10X the normal amount.. 300 Million count.. motility and morpholgy both good as well.. My hope now is the clomid super charges the eggs and the "good" egg is the one I get this time....

I have been reading on the clomid tonight... I have read this over and over, taking clomid CD 3-7 gives you increased eggs, taking clomid CD 5-9 gives you bigger eggs.. So... I am taking it 5-9 this month..

Also, I read taking clomid can throw your O off... anyone have any thoughts on this?

To the clomid queens, give me your thoughts on clomid... My cycles are 28-29 days, O about CD 14 or 15.. When should I be taking it? and what should I be looking for in the Ovulation Ultrasounds end of next week...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby momof2girls1017 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:01 pm

Second I am super excited for you!!!! Super sperm!!! A good uterus!! This is it!! You wasted no time and your doing whatsnright for u and your future family!

As for me-- I m cramping as I type this !!! :(

Tomorrows RE appt cant come fast enough :( I need to see what's going on in there!!!!

Stath thanks for thinking of me!! I hope I'll be relaxed tomorrow/ good luck and one of my early signs was waking up at night sweaty! Hope you get your BFP
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:40 pm

momof2- ahhh.... so sorry your feeling uneasy right now... please try not to stress. I am sure everything is fine.. tomorrow will be here very soon and hopefully once and for all you can feel better and just be able to enjoy this time.... will say a prayer especially for you tonight... :hugs:
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 pm

It's like I can't go a whole day and not check in otherwise I'll never remember what to say to who.

Jenni - how far along are you? If you've seen the heartbeat you're over 7/8 weeks (?) and so nothing to worry about with nausea disappearing.

TTC 42 - Hi back. I'm taking the OvaBoost too. I'll be sad with you since I'll be getting AF this cycle. Just wish I could figure out when.

Ray - I don't temp. I wish my monitor wasn't broken. I'm feeling positive about your cycle too!
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maxxiniko » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 pm

I pressed submit too soon.

Second - I really, really like your doc. I thought there wasn't any real evidence as to what day is better for starting clomid

Shanessa - I hope the OvaBoost helps me too. I never see EWCM :-(

Stat - I hope this is your cycle

To anyone worried about not having sxs - I had no sxs with my twins and everything with my last miscarriage. There's too much good luck going around here to get any bad news.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 am

Second, I have never taken Clomid but I can comment on the ultrasounds, all you care about is that your follicles are growing and the average growth is 0.1-0.2 daily. With my IUIs they would wait until my follicles were at least 1.8 but more like 2.3-2.5 but that depends on your clinic. Are you doing this cycle with timed BD or IUI?
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 am

I am pretty sure either my egg that was about to get released according to my ultrasound tech ran back into my ovary or I missed my surge. There wasn't a line this morning after waiting 4 mins. The opks definitely show lines as the day goes on but I know that you can't read an opk 24 hours later :-). We bd'd on the days that showed lines but I think for this cycle I am out. I really think that egg ran away. I'm going to assume AF will be here the first week of March and then I can start focusing on my cycle.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby raybuth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 am

maxxiniko wrote:I am pretty sure either my egg that was about to get released according to my ultrasound tech ran back into my ovary or I missed my surge. There wasn't a line this morning after waiting 4 mins. The opks definitely show lines as the day goes on but I know that you can't read an opk 24 hours later :-). We bd'd on the days that showed lines but I think for this cycle I am out. I really think that egg ran away. I'm going to assume AF will be here the first week of March and then I can start focusing on my cycle.

Max - I do not think you are out at all! I think you just missed the surge. If you BD'd on the days you were showing lines, than I am sure you are just fine! Relax, if you can ;)
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 am

Ok so you guys may think I’m crazy but hear me out … I am changing Fertility Naturopaths. Although my current Naturopath has helped me with my insomnia and anxiety I don’t feel she has focused enough on my infertility. When I was searching for a fertility naturopath I made my choice it was because the naturopath could treat solely via email and she trained with the author of the Fertile Soul, however, she did just have a baby in September and I don't feel she is focused in her practice. So the naturopath I will be seeing insists on the first appt in person (80 mins) and the follow ups can be done via phone, she specializes in unexplained infertility and offers drug less assistance for MANY fertility issues.

Here is the website: http://www.fertilitycareclinic.ca/

My benefits cover me for Naturopaths for $500 annually so it isn’t costing me anything but a sick day off work (all doctors’ appts must be used as sick days and I get 10 sick days a year which I NEVER use).
I figure I have nothing to lose by going to her and they offer a lot more testing than my current naturopath.... Plus it really irritates me that NO ONE can pin point the cause of our infertility since we have been TTC since October 2003 (well had unprotected sex since then) and I only got pregnant once naturally (ended in MC) and it took an IUI to get pregnant with my DS. Plus no one can explain to me why I had 8 failed IUIs since. I am not use to NOT getting answers, I am really dogmatic and stubborn and NEED to know why this is happening to me (since DH's sperm is better than average, it must be me). This naturopath specializes in unexplained infertility. And I have it in my head that my unexplained infertility is just doctors not looking hard enough or testing enough to find the true issue and just used fertility drugs and IUIs as a quick fix! Maybe it's my view on western medicine, thinking doctors just try to force prescriptions down your throat verses getting to the root cause of the problem. I truly feel that our bodies respond certain ways because they are trying to tell us something is wrong that needs to be addressed and a pill is not always to answer.

Sorry and thank you for listening to my rant :? :roll:
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:50 am

Morning ladies. Hope everyone is ready for a Lovely Weekend!

TTC - I agree with you. You have to go with how you feel and if you believe that your current Naturopath is not fully addressing your needs/concerns then you need to move on. I like the idea of more testing. I am with you in the unexplained fertility. I used to think it was my tubes but based upon the last HSG that should not be an issue (nor did my RE think it was) but noone can tell me why I have had multiple m/c and now can't even get pregnant. It is beyond frustrating...so i am all for whatever you can do to gain more answers. Also love that you share whatever you learn so that it might prove helpful to some one else.

Maxx - LOL on the egg running back into the ovary. Don't count yourself out. Unfortunately, we can't time our surges/O's down to the minute or hour, we can just BD all around the time we think we need to and leave the rest to GOD. In a couple of days you might find that you were wonderfully wrong about the timing. :)

Momof2 - Cramping, although nerve wracking, is normal when the uterus is adjusting to the little bean inside. Let us know how the doctors appt goes today.

Stat - Yes 3- 5 dpo is too early to test but not to early to symptom spot. You are going to go into obsessive overdrive next week so rest up this weekend! :D

Jenni - I never really had nausea with my DS but the morning sickness is not supposed to last. I think your body is adjusting better to the hormones and that is why you are getting less nauseaus. Please don't worry. I have twins on the brain (DH's fear, my secret wish) so I think I see signs of them everywhere. LOL

Tiff - I was thinking this morning about your earlier post about holding out so you don't have a winter baby. Welcome to October (mine and DS' birthday month) mama! LOL Do you know your estimated due date?

Second - I don't know anything about clomid but agree with ttc on the u/s. For my IVF cycles they were monitoring the size of the follicles. I think it will be a good look at how well your ovaries are producing.

Hello EOE!

AFM - Temp back down today so looks like I didn't ovulate too early. Whew! Of course, I began internet searches on shortened FP and learned that it is a sign of perimenopause and it freaked me out. :omg: I need to stop jumping at shadows like a nervous cat! Lately, every little thing sends me off in a panic. :oops: Anyway, DH and I will do our every other day thing just in case to cover our bases. :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:20 am

HI everyone

Happy Friday...

Max- I know what you mean, I find I have to post often to stay up with everyone... and personally the sister hood we have on here is priceless to me.... THANK YOU all for always sharing your GREAT THOUGHTS and KNOWLEDGE.. It is INVALUABLE.. It may take you until next cycle to work your body back to normal.. try not to stress, hugs to you.. :hugs:

Ray- how are you feeling? anything diff for you?? I think your approach is great, not stressing knowing you have a back up IUI plan..

Jenni- I am sure you will have many diff stages of preg. right now your body may be adapting to the new hormone level and settling in and then when it changes again, poof.. you feel crappy again... just my opinion, my sister only had girls and she was sick the entire pregnancies, threw up every day until the day she delivered, some days were not as bad for her if she stayed on top of the nasuea... she could not eat hardly anything except for McDonalds cheeseburgers, it was the only thing she could keep down...LOL.. so we call my neices "brought to you by McDonalds babies"...LOL.. My sister goes to the same Dr I have and she told her that its normal when preg with girls to be sick the whole preg. due to the hormones from dev. female... What a totally cool job you have... Things are falling into place for you.. such exciting times..

Apples- 20 lbs, that is fantastic. Can you feel a difference? You are on the ride now, and wont let anything stop you until you get to where you want to be..

momof2- hope today is a nice relaxing feeling day for you after the Dr. appt... will be lurking to hear what they say..

TTC- I am not going to stress the FSH, nothing I can do about it, it is what it is... UGH... can only do what I can control.. and this I cannot... I know my age and know its a factor, so I will control what I can and insist on what I want from the Dr and go from there... I have to be my BEST ADVOCATE here... Tell me about the Ferma, I was reading about it, how is it different than Clomid and why would I not want to use that instead of clomid??? Congrats to you on the 10 lbs down, I rounded up :D that is awesome.. I say all the above as a thumbs up to you to FOLLOW YOUR GUT... you know what works for you and if switching to someone else is better for you and your mind then RUN as fast as you can to make it happen... Thats what us strong women do.. TAKE CONTROL.. you go girl...

Shanessa- I looked at your chart eariler and I didnt think there was any way you Oed yet... Glad you confirmed it, the internet can be great and can also be SHOCKING to read some of the stuff.. Cycles are normal and I have read...LOL, yes read... that menopause will start showing signs with messed up periods and such, you dont show that at all right now... Hope you have a great BD marathon this weekend..

Stat- Lurking and watching for your BFP to come......

Tiff- where are you??? your a constant and its weird you not being on here... LOL...

Hi to EOE

AFM- took my second dose of the clomid about an hr ago.. So far so good, no side effects that I can tell, I am going to get some Robotussin this weekend as I dont want to stress about my CM, when do I take that and how much is recommended??? Other than that, I feel energized and glad to have most all I can do out of the way, now we will give it 2 months and see if it works, if not I may switch to ferma and then onto IUI, dont really want to go that route if I dont have it.. and want to be agreesive with the other options and see if I can do this on my own 1st.. CD6 for me, no big plans this weekend for once, just lots of errands and catching up to do..

Happy Friday my friends.. :D

H
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:36 am

Second, I have taken Clomid several times. I took it cd3-7 and I ovualted cd 14 or cd16. The tww is full of "positive symptoms" from Clomid. Clomid worked for me twice. The side effects I had were: hot flashes, moody, and cramping. I think everyone is different on side effects though. It did seem to keep my cycle very normal :). My edd is Oct 28, 2013!
Femara has NO side effects and is expensive. I would ask for that if you can afford to take it.
I was MIA and always am on Thursdays and weekends..those are my off days I try not to get on computer at home..family time :). I 'm not going anywhere.
I"m sorry about your FSH..I don't know much about it except it does have to do with our age. But, you my friend are doing exactly what you need to be doing right now to make this happen. Looks like Shanessa gave some good advice in those links too!!
Glad you miss me though :).

shanessa, well, if you did O at least you got one good bd in there. Sorry you are exhausted :(. It's Friday; hopefully you can catch up this weekend. Glad you picked up the preseed..I think that stuff is miraculous :).
Just updated..glad you know you didn't O..now you got no time for rest this weekend dear..you gotta get busy ;).

Max, You can miss the surge and still catch the egg...many women do it. I would just keep testing and eval your symptoms and go from there :).

ttc, I think going forward with another naturopath is a good thing. Esp when it is only costing you a sick day :). We are the only ones in charge of our own bodies and have to take charge when we aren't getting the answers we don't want.

momof2, I am feeling for you right now :(. I understand all this fear..I am so sorry. But I too think it was just a concidence. Please KUP!

Ray, no symptoms can be a good thing.

Stat, I'm sorry you have "out" feelings. I hate those. I have always had "cramping" with a bfp. But, I do have to say your fatigue and weird dreams ARE a symtom!!

Apples, AWESOME job on weight loss!!

Jenni, it is so great to see women that love their jobs. Your preg sounds like it is going wonderfully!!!

EOE..HI!!!

afm..4w4d, still with some preg cramping, progressing pos pee sticks, min nuasea, big boobs and that is about it. So little symptoms it scares the crap out of me. This two weeks waiting on the u/s is a killer. I just so hope and pray it is not another mc. I am TERRIFIED. Try to keep praying, being postive, etc. it is just really, REALLY hard.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momof2girls1017 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 am

Happy Friday ladies..

I want to thank all of you for your kindness while I STRESSED MYSELF OUT...

This morning there was a nice strong heartbeat....phew......

God Bless you all and Goodluck ...im at work so i will write more lengthy personal ones later!

xoxo
momof2girls1017
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s