Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 7

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 pm

is there a specific dosage of femara that you take? and how much is the cost, is it the same as clomid in that you take it for 5 days pre O?
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I took Femara 5mg cd3-7. Cost was $190.00 :(.
For me it was worth it for no side effects!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:55 pm

forget the nausea disappearing. got up, ate almond butter toast, an apple and some OJ and promptly threw it all up. it happens with hardly any warning.

i'll be 8 weeks along this coming tuesday. i had my first u/s at five weeks exactly.

i would never be able to eat only mcdonald's. in fact, we don't eat any of that any more b/c of the gmo's and other artificial chemicals laced through their food. i swear that the only reason DH and I were able to get pregnant is bc we went organic and GMO free in May 2012. and we dumped all our cleaning products and I make them all now with essential oils, vinegar, baking soda, castile soap and borax.

did you know they've done studies of gmos on rats and the rats become complete sterile within 3 generations if fed food containing gmos?? ugh!!
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks TIff for the info on femara.. boy that is expensive, I called my pharmacy today and price here is $150.. still crazy high, but worth a shot if I have/need to go that direction... I think I have decided in my mind, (again my strong personality and me advocating for myself...).. that If the 50mg clomid does not work this month, that maybe we up it to 100mg next month, if that does not work then switch to femara.. at least that is what is making sense to me now.. But heres hoping I dont need any of it and can get my BFP this month... every fiber in my body is crossed that this will happen for us...

Jenni- UGH, so sorry your sicky... When your in the thick of it its no fun at all... :omg: So impressive you made all the changes you did, with all the stuff out there it so easy to go down that road, I admire and applaud you for staying the course and following your gut on it.. and it worked, so there you go.. :D My entire family tries to always eat healthy, we never eat at Mcdonalds, thats why it was so funny about my sister eating Mcdonalds, she tried anything to keep food down, she could not do it, she had to go into the ER 3 times to be hydrated because she was so sick, she actually lost weight during her 1st pregnancy until the last 4 week.. it was those dumb cheeseburgers that I think kept her from having to be admitted to the hospital... The baby was almost 9 lbs so certainly the sickness didnt effect her any... LOL..
Interesting info on the GMOs, both of my family friends that died had cancer, I am sorry to say am not sure I know anyone that has not been touched by cancer somewhere in their immediate family.... which is really scary.. its everywhere, and probably a some of it if not alot of it result of all this extra mumbo jumbo thats in our food, environment, everywhere around us.. I do only by organic milk, meats and veges, for obvious reasons and I think they taste so much better..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Hello, Ladies! So glad it's Friday!! I'm on the mobile, so quick responses to all.

Second - Awesome news on the HSG and having a plan forward

Stat - Oh yes, it is too early to test :( .

Shanessa - I'm glad you temp is back down and you can feel more comfortable! Given that you've kept up the

Max - that's really funny! I'm sure you just missed the surge!

TTC - It sounds like you are making all the right moves for you and that changing to a new Naturopath.

Momof2 - so glad you heard the heartbeat and can relax a little!

Jenni - here's hoping the nausea ends soon!

Hello to EOE and have a great weekend :D !

AFM – I had my progesterone test today and it came in at 12. They indicated that this was a good number to indicate strong O had occurred (yea! Yet another sign that everything looks good other than my old lady eggs :wink: ). They did think it was a little lower than they would like to see. I was very pleased to hear they had decided to put me on Progesterone for the next few weeks. Who knows…maybe that is the last piece in the puzzle I need to get that BFP? We have a very busy weekend with a Cub Scout Derby Race and an Award Ceremony on Sunday. I am working on trying to stay calm as I navigate the weekend!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:49 pm

AF just showed up! So wrong...
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby StathamLuvr » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:00 am

momo: yaaay! so glad the doc appt gave you solid peace of mind! :-)

Shanessa and Second: thanks again for the words of encouragement. I know it is still too early to test, so I am going to save the dollar HPT until last minute- or I could always go and buy more to help feed into my obsession! I'll be dehydrated from all the poas action!! lol

ray: yea, I know it's too early, but hey let a girl obsesss s little!... ok ok, so it's a lot!! loll

was it Max who was paid a visit by evil AF?? Grrr, what a witch that little Mizz AF is!!

AFM, 2/22 was about 4-6 dpo ( cuz I don't know if I ov'd on 2/16, 17 or 18- ran out of opk test strips b4 surge :-(. ). I had some light cramps on the morning when I woke up and bb's slightly tender if touched. Somewhere toward middle of day I had watery discharge in my undies- it had a slight brown tinge to it... bb's are still tender only to the touch, but when the bra comes off for jammies time we'll see... this is all just sucks! lol
StathamLuvr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby maxxiniko » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:14 am

Yes Stat it was me who AF got. Today is CD 2. I'm getting over the disappointment.
Mom - yay on the HB and Jenni - yay on the vomiting!
Tiff - Oct 28 is my birthday!
Shanessa - I had convinced myself that I was premenopausal in Dec when my cbfm kept reading low all month long. I only bought the pregnancy test because I said I'd rather be pregnant than menopausal and sure enough i was and monitor was broken. I think you're definitely ok.
TTC42 - I'm starting acupuncture again on Monday. It's giving me PTSD because I went that route prior to doing ivf so it didn't help. Or rather maybe I didn't try it for long enough. All I remember him saying is " 3rd miscarriage no good" (meaning don't have another one). Thanks. I knew that already.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby StathamLuvr » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 am

Aww Maxx... sounds like you have been thru the wringer! :-(. I'm kinda bummin today cuz there are no "symptoms" really and I am at 6-8 dpo. Yesterday I had a fair amount of light brown "discharge" on the panty liner and the bb's were eeeeverr so slightly tender and I was not in the best customer service spirit at my part-time job, but I think that all can be attributed to pre AF shtuff... today no bb tenderness and no more cramps... this is all such a bummer! Grrr, I have a sinking feeling that AF is playing tricks and will show earlier than 3/4- just to further deepen the insult!
StathamLuvr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kewpidolll » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Hey second... not to high-jack the conversation here but my MD phones in my femara RX to Costco and its less than $10. I kid you not... after my prescription coverage I pay $5 and change. My trigger shot is phoned to a different pharmacy to get it cheaper. We don't have fertility coverage so we do what we can.
ME & DH Over 40 Club

3 failed iuis
All natural until decide on ivf
kewpidolll
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Luvsdogs » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi all! I was gone all wknd and actually had to take some notes to catch up!

Maxx- sorry AF showed! I actually don't ever see ewcm anymore and I have been pg three times. Once when we were using preseed and twice when not. So, we aren't using that anymore. And, I have a short surge. I usually get one or two pos opks, and that is it. Since I am not using smiley faces anymore, and just ic's, I figure when I start getting a dark line DH and I will just have to bd to cover the days.

Momof2- I am so glad you saw a strong heartbeat! It is so hard not to worry in between appts!

Shanessa- GL catching that eggie!

Tiff- Ahhh :) I feel a special bond too, having the same exact birthdates! So excited still for you! I feel positive about my rainbow baby coming soon too!

Apples- congrats on the 20lbs weight loss!

TTC- coming from a past personal trainer, I believe that slow and steady is the best way to keeping of weight. Congrats on the weight loss!. So glad for you, that you are changing courses. You do what feels right. I saw a Naturopathic doc when I lived in another state. We just don't have the options here.

Second- sorry about the loss of your friends. Gosh, two in a short period of time and i assume very young as well? Sounds like you have a good plan in place. Don't let those fsh numbers discourage you. I had no idea it varies from month to month.

Ray- I believe you are in the tww! Any sxs yet to report??

Statham- I believe that early after O, bb soreness is mostly just from O
anyway. The weird dreams is very promising! That has ALWAYS happened to me! But I do have to admit that I have some dreams in tww. Funny I have to analyze how weird and vivid they are!

I may have missed a cpl. Hi!

Afm- close to a positive opk. It seems like I am right on track despite having a chemical pg early this month. Will be right at cd16/17 that I will be Oing. Told DH already a few days ago that we aren't listening to doc and TTc if I O this month :)
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
Baby Gavin went to heaven 21.6 weeks Trisomy 18
CP's Feb 2013, May 2013, Aug, 2013
Femara, Ovidrel, and timed bd cycles-
Oct= bfn follie sizes 18, 15, 3@14
Nov= 3 nice follies at 20, 22, 22 (also a 15 and 14) BFN :(
End Nov= follie sizes 20, 18, 16, 14.
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess