Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 8

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 8

Postby *Apples* » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:22 am

Here it is!

Sorry I have been silent. DH was off work for a week and so was I, so we chilled. Going to be busy this week as well as DD is visiting from the Netherlands so we are doing the day trips etc. Am reading along though. :D
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 8

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 am

Second - I too was on 2 x 2.5 mg Femara days 3-7. I like your plan abut the 2 months of Clomid then asking about Femara. The reason why my RE RX'd Femara is because unlike Clomid it is out of your system prior to O and the side effects are not as harsh (does not make your lining thinner and the mood swings are not as great). HOWEVER, Clomid is the # 1 choice for docs/RE's because Femara IS NOT a fertility drug! It actually used for cancer patinets but they found a side effect of the drug is the effect on stimiluating ovaries (kind of like with Xanax which is used for depression but they found it helps suppress the craving to smoke so now it is RX'd to quit smoking).

ASM - CD 2 here, AF came yesterday with a ROAR! But new cycle, new beginning and I am super excited to see the Fertility Naturopath on Wednesday! NOW there is a big storm coming Tuesday night (could be 4-10 inches of either snow or rain :x ), I will be crushed if I have to cancel and re-book!
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby StathamLuvr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:10 am

Well, I was in a funk last night b/c I didn't "feel" like I was pg, so I drank quite a bit of prosecco with my Domino's Tuscan salami veggie pizza and mango habanero wings- which by the way I ate all of it like a ravenous dog! This morning I woke feeling lower ab cramps, bb's slightly tender on outside edge and something different: a stuffy nose. I say "different" even though I have sinus stuff before because I actually had to blow my nose- usually it is a dry- nose kind of stuffy. When I blew my nose, I saw a little tiny blood speck in clear mucus. Sorry, know that is tmi! I'm about 7-9 dpo, so of course I hit Google abt (a) effect of alcohol in early pregnancy and (b) is the stuffy nose thing a possible symptom! lol. I found that the consensus seems to be that at this stage, IF I am pg, the alcohol sh/nt/b a factor, and of course I found that a stuffy nose has been reported by several women at my dpo level who found out they were pg. Arrrgh! Now something new to obsess about! So, I won't drink anything else until AF rears her ugly head even if I get a BFN when I test in a day or so!

How is EOE doing today?
StathamLuvr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 am

Morning everyone--

Happy Monday..

Ray- Progesterone?? tell me more about that, my progesterone was 11.5 at CD19 1/2..... Am interested in hearing more about why they added this?? Our cycles and work ups seem very similiar so I am watching you like a hawk... LOL... :omg:

Max- New cycle, new start... I see a BFP coming soon for you.. and this one for good.. :D

Stat- LOL on the drinking... Both my sister and sister in law both "had a bit to much" just before they found out they were pregnant and my neices both turned out just fine... Will be waiting and watching for your results.. FX for you.

Kewpidolll- Thank you so much for the costco info... That is a awesome price so I will have to check into that.. MUCH APPRECIATED... Also, when you take the femara do you also have to do the triggar shot or no?

Luvsdogs- Thanks, both deaths were family friends, one was 59 the other in her 60's.. so not really my age but more my moms age.. but still very sad none the less, healthy and fine 6 months ago and BAM cancer and gone quickly.. very sad..

TTC- Thank you for the thoughts on femara and clomid... I have kind of read that as well, but hearing it again tells me I am doing the right thing.. Hope the bad weather stays away and you can meet your new neuropath.. exciting times for you.. fingers crossed, this one can give you the missing link to get your baby.

AFM- DH left this morning to fly out for business and wont be home until Wed. early evening.. :cry: so hoping I dont O before then :doh: I am CD9 today..... then I have to fly out next Mon-Wed for work which will be CD16.. normally none of this would matter because I knew O would happen after he comes home but before I leave, but I have read that clomid can throw your O off... :omg: WTH......What have you guys that have taken it experienced??? I started my OPK testing this morning and am beginning to see a light surge, but test is negative, the start of a surge is 3 days early for me, normally I dont see it until CD12 then O on CD14... Nothing I can do about it, just have to hope and pray it happens in that 5 days from when he gets home Wed until Monday AM when I leave.... UGH... I have no side effects at all from the clomid.. thank goodness... I do have a cold right now so I started taking the Robitussin/Guaifenesin so that should help with the CM....

I have really mentally struggled this weekend, this whole FSH has me in a funk.. and reading about it doesnt help, it only confuses me more... I know it can change, but 17.8 is HIGH.. In my gut, everything tells me this is all tied to my thyroid, and they cannot seem to get it stableized.... since it has been off the last 4 months or so everything seems off, periods are lighter, cycle is still consistant with 28 days and O at CD14, but I cant help to think my thyroid is playing a role in where I am right now with this FSH... This weekend was the 1st time I REALLY REALLY started thinking about other alternatives... IE: adoption... with old eggs, IVF seems like a long shot, then throw donor eggs in and its more than we can afford for something that is not a guarentee.. looks to be about $20- $30k... that route.. Sorry, to be a Debbie downer here.. just feeling confused and uncertain.. and I dont do well with that....
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:54 am

Morning ladies. Busy day. Just popping in really quickly so I don't fall too far behind. This toggling between the two threads (7 and 8) is dizzying so I apologize if I miss something or someone...

Momof2 - Yay on the strong hb! Now you can breathe for a while. :)

Jenni - Yay on the nausea. :puke: Guess that is a mixed blessing.

Ray - so nice when you get some good news and reassurance.

Maxx - sorry AF arrived. But a new chance, right? Time will tell if I am OK. :(

Stat - you are never out until AF says so. So keep obsessing right till the end.

Luvdogs - GL on catching that eggie!

Tiff - It is normal to be Terrified. Too bad we can't be like some moms who get pregnant and announce the same day because they have never experienced a loss. Hang in there my friend. Day by day. At least you have other ladies on this thread to commisserate with.

Apples - enjoy your time with DD.

TTC2 - let's hope you don't get the bad weather or at least not so that you have to reschedule. Mother Nature should be working with you...one mother to another. :)

EOE - Hello

AFM - CD12. I have no idea where I am. :roll: I wouldn't be surprised if FF posted my status as WTH. Temps are so irregular (chart looks like a roller coaster) and CM is very little to none so I think maybe I O'd but Lord help me if I can figure it out. :doh: I usually O sometime between cd12-14 so just taking it day by day and keeping up the BD just in case.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 am

Second - thanks for the positive thoughts on my getting a bfp. I feel down myself today too. I went in to do my Day 3 bloods so I'll be anxiously awaiting those results. Last year all was ok. This year who knows. I'm scheduled for more blood work tomorrow and a water sono on Wednesday. It just feels weird because I don't even know if we're doing ivf or not. I guess having more info can only help.

Stat - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hi to everyone else!
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 am

Max, sorry about af but yes MORE info is ALWAYS a good thing and helps you know where to go or where not to go. Looking forward to hearing your results.

Luvs, Sounds like you bd and nice weekend might be the trick for this cycle..keep testing with those OPK's. Make sure that cp didn't throw you off a bit. I know you siad you get short surge, do you always get blazing? I have as long as I keep testing. I didn't realize that until I kept testing.

Second, oh hun. I am sorry you are down about FSH. I do not know much about it nor do I know what you can do about it. I do think your plan to go from 50 to 100 of Clomid sounds like a good idea. I personally think if it were me..I may do that route then move on to RE, just because of the FSH.

Shanessa, UGH I HATE it when my cycles are screwed up. Just sucks. When mine are like that I always O late and have to keep testing with those OPK's and eventually I will catch it. Thanks for you kind words.

Stat, you are def out. And, that brown tinge could be IB. FX..don't stop obsessing until af shows..hoping she won't.

ttc, NEW start, NEW hope!

Apples..enjoy your week..sounds FUN!!!

afm..20dpo and going for a beta this afternoon with results tomorrow. If they are high enough should have an u/s at end week..oh please, oh please..let me see hb so I can freakin relax a little! My symptoms..min am nausea, TIRED, hungry, on/off cramping, and HORMONAL as hell. OMG, y'all yesterday in church I had an emotional breakdown. It was awful and I was embarrased. So glad only my dh and MIL saw. I dropped dd off at nursery, well she cried..i came back into church and started bawling...then cried thru the whole service. Then during prayer I couldn't even contain myself..I was sniffling and boohooing like a crazy woman. All because I started thinking and praying about this preg ending in another mc (just not sure I can handle that again). I knew I had prayed the last time and it didn't work out. So, I got angry, sad, and fearful all at the same time and just lost it. Today it is a little funny..but good grief..that was awful. I still feel like a little bit of an emotional roller coaster. Man, a loss really messes with you..I thought I was done grieving that..but it is all coming back :(.
Anyway, hoping for WONDERFUL news tomorrow and an appt for u/s date!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JenniHavingFaith » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Personals tomorrow....

For now, my 8 week full OB work up was this morning. First, the u/s: strong little bean with a HB of 174 bpm. We could see her stretching her "arms" and "legs" and wiggling her butt. Then we heard the HB and I lost it and started to cry. All emotional me. The rest of the appt was a physical, talking to the mid wife, blood work. We're having the Carrier test done to see if I carry genes for any serious illnesses like Cystic Fibrosis.

I go back in 4 weeks at the 12 week mark and will have two appointments: one with my regular OB appointment and the other with the Peri Natal doc who will assist with specialty testing b/c of my age. The next worrisome test is the Sequential which is blood work to identify possible trisomies including Downs. Later on I'll do the Harmony test which is a more thorough Downs test - more bloodwork. We decided it was best to be as prepared as possible. But I just feel like nothing is wrong. The little one is strong and kicking as it were. :)

I was super sick over the weekend. At 3am Sat morning I woke up with severe/forceful vomiting. I threw up again at 5am and at 7am. Called the nurse's line at 9am and DH went to pick up a prescription for an anti-nausea/anti-vomiting med, popsicles and jello. By 11 am I had the pill in me, and by 11:30am I was able to keep a popsicle down, but the damage was done. I was so weak and couldn't have anything but liquids. By that evening I managed to get some crackers and chicken broth down. Yesterday I was much better but still eating popsicles, jello and broth. I braved toast last night then regretted it when I started feeling funny. So today I was still on the 'usual' until tonight. I just had scrambled eggs and tater tots with a ginger ale for dinner. We managed to go run a few errands and soon DSS will go to bed and DH is at racquetball. I'll get a shower and crash in to my freshly made bed.
me 43 ~~ dh 44 ~~ Low AMH - .3 ~~ Normal FSH
DSS 6 y.o. ~~ Fur Babies: Fergus my 12 y.o. Westie, Bailey DH 7 y.o. Lab/Beagle
TTC since Oct 2012
1/20/2013 9dpo First HPT
1/29/2013 Beta Test - great range!
2/5/2013 5 weeks HB 100bpm
2/25/2013 8 weeks HB 174bpm
3/28/2013 12 weeks 2 days, HP 115, clear Nuchal Translucency and all genetic test negative.

JenniHavingFaith
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby *Apples* » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 am

Hugs to you Tiffers. :hugs: It must be really tough right now. Thinking of you.

You too Jenn - hope you feel better soon. Have you tried Zofran? awesome about the u/s :D

EOE - Hi! :hi: Am reading along!
*Apples*
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:32 am

Just a quick post for today but there is a HUGE snow storm coming this way and it is scheduled to hit tonight and tomorrow... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! My fertility naturopath appt is tomorrow in Toronto. I have been looking forward to this appointment for a week now (seems like months), hoping to start a journey of unravelling my "unexplained infertility" ... even took the day off. I'm so upset :cry:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 am

Hello Ladies.
Here is a quick post from me. I have been very ill and have not been able to hold anything down since Monday at 5 am. I have no desire to eat, so no issue there. I am feeling more human today, but the dehydration is setting in. My temp is up today, but it is likely that is due to dehydration. Even with the lapband loose, the vomitting is really tough on my stomach. It rubs against the stomach each time I get sick and it is so swollen now. That is one of the things they don't mention when you have this kind of surgery. What happens when you get sick to your stomach? It is beyond miserable. We set a deadline of 3 PM to head to the ER. I am really hoping we can get by without a hospital visit, so hears hoping I start to hold down my fluids. I am hopeful that I am on the mend, since I am feeling up to posting.

Hope you are all well. Hugs to all. Personals to follow when I rejoin the living.
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:47 am

Morning ladies:

Tiff - Hang in there hun. Don't be so tough on yourself. If you can't let out your fears in God's house where can you? I have shed many a tear there over the years regarding my ttc journey. :? Can't wait to hear your beta results!

Ray - Jeez Louise you are having a rough time. I hope the fact that you are posting means that you are on the mend. :hugs:

TTC - Oh No! Maybe in the end the accumulation wont be too bad and you can still make it. Not ideal but don't give up hope just yet. :hugs:

Hi Apples!

Jenni - Fantastic news on the u/s. The hb just does something to you everytime. So sorry thta ms is hitting you so hard but they say that is a good thing in terms of the health of the little one. I never had any with DS(which of course freaked me out for weeks) so I can't advise on how to deal with it. Sounds like you have a good plan with the popsicles and jello and meds though. Hang tough. I love how you are already referring to the baby as "her". Guess you want a girl, huh. :wink:

Maxx - more testing and information just makes you better prepared and informed no matter which direction you plan to go in.

Hi to the rest of you!

AFM - cd13. I might be 1dpo today or I might be going a little crazy. Can't help wondering how anything good can come of this wacky cycle. Oh well, all I can do is live and let's see. Good day to you all.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:09 am

Woke up to spotting this morning on toilet paper..just like with angel baby. Called OB at 8:15 and beta was 329 :(. It was 83 SEVEN days ago..not looking good :(. Not sure how I feel right now..just kind of pissed and over it all...DAMMIT!
Told hubby this morning..."we are either going to be aggressive (see RE) or I am done". I can't keep doing this anymore. Of course this was in the heat of the moment thru tears..but I just don't know.
Waiting on OB to call back with possible u/s today..not really sure what the point is...guess just to confirm the inevitable :(.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:24 am

morning everyone-

I hit submit and Tiff your post is showing before I can submit so let me start with you.....NOOOO, I am so sorry my friend.... this is jolting news to hear...my heart is breaking for you.. :hugs: Your beta sounds strong from yesterday I think, could it be that maybe this is just some break thru bleeding from the lining..

Shanessa- I cant see your chart right now, maybe O is today if temp is down... Ovaboost must be really doing its thing, I think it sounds like your cycle is moving along perfectly with minimal interruptions from the Ovaboost.. FX everything is humming along right now in the tubes... :)

Jenni- Its a girl :D :D :D how awesome is that... I am so excited for you.. so sorry for the violent sickness but sounds like the meds are starting to work for you.. Cant wait until you get a pic of your little baby, please share with us when you get it..

Hi Apples- hope your enjoying your company..

TTC- NO, seriously. maybe go ahead and call the FNP and see if they can get you in the next day if needed... I am over this stupid weather, 60 one day, then ice and 20 the next day... OVER IT....

Ray- so sorry your sick... and it sounds miserable.... maybe all this sickness is due to BFP, yes your temp is up today, maybe fever... but temps have been good and high all LP... SO...... will be stalking you...

Hi to everyone else... :)

Well, CD10 for me today... couple updates, I finished my clomid last night.. no side effects at all from it with the exception of my female middle area just feels warmer and feels like someone is tickling my insides... I usually have pretty heavy O pains day before and day of O, and right now they are light and just feels like they are chruning.... (O should happen this weekend), the pains now are not painful, but I can definately tell the clomid is working.. CM is where it should be right now thanks to the cough surup..
BIG BREAK THROUGH for me........It hard to explain what happened to me last night, but last night I had a sense of peace come over me.. like the missing piece had been found.. late yesterday I was talking with my primary Dr office regarding the clomid and my thyroid, regarding interactions, my nurse was a older mom herself and she told me to check out DHEA for the egg quality improvement.... I did research on it last night, this is what I cant explain, I swear it was like god was taking me there... I have this strong "little whisper" telling me this is what I need to be taking right now.. So I am going to start it on CD1 if not BFP this month.. and its interesting because this is exactly what Rays RE told her to start doing as well...

SOOOO either the clomid has me in the "la la land fog" or my whisper is exactly what I need to get me to BFP.....

sorry, I am not usually sappy like this, and I really was unsure if I should share this with you all, but I am... I feel you have all been thru this journey with me and have openly shared and I do the same and want to hold nothing back...

Hugs to you all..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 am

Second..so glad you have peace..that is THE BEST feeling! You have to remember that when the road gets rocky and I am going to REMIND you :).

My beta is not good from yesterday :(. It is supposed to double every 48-72 hours. My doubling time is only 84.6 hours..suggesting not viable preg especially with spotting. I honestly now wonder (and did that day..didn't want to admit it) if Sunday in church wasn't grieving for this loss. It felt that way. And, today I have only shed a few tears?? I don't know and I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyway, so you are the only girls I can ask this too..I am 40years old and been doing this since June post dd (9months); I have had one chemcial and two mc. I am 40.5years old. This ttc process makes me feel "stuck" and causes emotional roller coaster rides every month so much that I feel like I am missing out on life..on MY life. There is a triathlon that all of my friends are doing in May that will be a blast. We have an appt with RE on 3/21 for $400 just for consultation. Can I throw in the towell until after May and do that so I don't think another year of my life has gone by with "just ttc" and was wasted on that. Or can I not afford to do that and do whatever RE wants to do to get me preggos asap??
Every month we keep ttc..I gain weight (stress eater) and feel more and more down about myself. Dh and I both know our risks of abnormalities increases with every year. We do not want a baby with a chromsomal abnormality..I just think that is unfair as if we die early who will take care of our child???
Any thoughts?? I am so sorry this heavy..but I can't talk about this with anyone else.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s