Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 8

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 8

Postby Noregrets » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:13 am

Hi ladies,

I am debating on trying again and since all my tests were normal we decided to do a SA. So we scheduled the SA for Tuesday March 5th. Dr. said sex no later than Saturday so we did it for fun. While I don't chart (did before to learn my pattern I tend to ovulate the next day after a positive OPK) I did start doing the OPKs twice a day since CD10. Barely a line on any of the tests so DH went in at 9am on Tuesday for the test and what do you know I got a positive OPK that same day at 5pm! Unfortunately we did not get a chance to BD that night. Yesterday I had the worse O pains but DH was at work all day so we didn't get it on until last night. I am afraid we were too late so I lost a cycle. I can't believe the horrible timing!

Now we wait for his results. If all look good then Dr. wants to do Femvue to make sure my tubes are not blocked. If that is fine too then we know it's probably my old eggs. Since we don't intend to do anything invasive except for acupuncture and herbs our chances for a baby is pretty slim. Thanks for letting me share.
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:47 am

Good Morning Ladies!

OMG - I woke up this a.m. to a temperature spike! WTH! So I buckled and tested with my last FRER.....BFP!!!. I can hardly believe it. :omg: I am still shaking. I poas and went to lay it on the counter intending to go look out the window to see how much snow we accumulated ( :x ) overnight and glanced at the readout as I was turning away. IT WAS ALREADY POSITIVE AFTER LESS THAN TWO MINUTES! Sorry, can you tell I am excited! :roll: My first reaction - My dear God! Then I fell on my knees! I can't even believe this is real! I ran and got my magnifying glass to make sure my old eyes weren't lying to me. :rofl: If I knew how to post it, I would upload a picture of the test. I wish I did because I need someone else to agree with me. :roll: My temps were so all over the place (up, down) and it looked like I O'd early (now I am not even sure about that) I didn't think this was even a possibility this cycle. :shock: Just yesterday during lunch, I was thinking that I feel great. No cramps, nothing. And since I was so sure that I couldn't be BFP this cycle I felt so relaxed. Of course, I haven't spent much time obsessing this cycle b/c I was SO SURE it couldn't happen. :doh: My timing was all wrong, I didn't FEEL pregnant (still don't btw). I have had some "episodes". Like sharp pains in my left breast yesterday, late afternoon but didn't last and I figured it was the darn OvaBoost working in me. On Wednesday I had observed shooting pain across left breast (I swear I am only pregnant on the left side of my body). Bumbling sensation in lower abdomen (made me say WTH out loud at work - LOL. Good thing nobody was around). Pinchy pain in pelvic area (somewhat left side). Phelgmy cough. Feeling wet in pelvic area. And then there was the strong headache (which I have again today BTW) I think I even mentioned that I felt like crap on a stick on Wednesday. Felt better yesterday though.

I am sorry...I am just running on and on... Just the shock coming through. I will likely calm down soon. :D
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 am

Shanessa,
I am so happy for you!! Good things come to those who wait, right? I'll be waiting to hear more!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:59 am

:welcome: noregrets!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:16 am

Thanks Ray!

Of course, today would be a slow time at work so with so much time on my hands I am getting a little crazy (as you can tell from my signature). Idle hands and all that. :rofl:

Noregrets - sorry I didn't respond before. Welcome!!!! As for the timing, let me be the first one to tell you that I thought my timing was completely off this cycle but surprise, surprise. So don't give up hope yet. As for the eggs, there have been plenty of GOOD eggs in us mature women so don't let that discourage you either. You have found the right group to share with!
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:23 am

SHANESSA...........oh my GOSH............ Reading this actually brought tears to my eyes.... what TRUELY wonderful NEWS... :happyforyou: :happyforyou: :happyforyou: Month after month of bonding with all your ladies where we all live and die by our cycles.. it is such a happy time when one of my "online friends" gets a BFP...... Thanks for all the info you shared.. cant wait to hear more..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:41 am

Second - thanks! I am allowing myself a full day to enjoy it all out but... it was a faint line on the FRER so I don't know if it is still developing or on its way out. :? I am taking the optimistic road and will wait and see what the next days/weeks reveal. :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 am

Well.... gone for a few days and POOF we have another BFP........ maybe I should be away again..LOL.. :D

Geez... let me try and get caught up with everyone.. I have been trying to follow along off my phone..

Ray- Sorry about AF, but at least you tried what you could, now its onto IUI and a HOPEFUL BFP as a result, I have been reading alot about the DHEA and I think your Dr upping the dose is the right call... I suspect that will get you to the BFP... Just have this gut feeling. BIg hugs to you as you walk thru this journey.. we will be with you in thought this month when you go for the IUI cheering you on.. LOL on the SA...Your DH and my DH experience was about the same, only mine was so uncomfortable it was all he could do to produce a sample.. and it was a tiny one at that.. LOL.. LOVE OUR MEN.. and boy wouldnt they just die to know we shared this about them..BIG LOL...

Stat- So sorry you have been sick... that is the pits to feel bad. Wonder if you ate something bad and for AF to come makes it a double whammy... hugs to you.. but at least your "fella" is helping again this month. :)

Hi Apples- Hows the weight loss coming?? How is Simone? ready to have that baby I suspect anytime now right??

TTC- very interesting on the anti yeast, sounds painful almost..LOL.. but.... I would eat dog poop if it would get me a BFP.... (kidding of course).. Will be anxious to hear how it goes along, I imagine you will feel refreshed and somewhat different once its all out of your system. I am sure you are well into your BD marathon.. fingers crossed for you..

Maxx- OMG, I cannot believe DH is OOT....no... UGH... :doh: This was my first month on the clomid and I did not know what to expect, I reseach everything.... clomid.... stupidly I did not do real good job on that.. didnt know it could throw off O... Lucky for me I did O before I left for OOT business.. You my friend will be BFP soon as well, maybe not this month but it will happen soon for you and this time for good.. what cycle date are you now?? the test could be wrong maybe..

Hoopla- HI, hope the pregnancy is going well? any new updates on the little one? do you know yet what it is?

Brasil- In reading your siggy, it looks like you just had IVF... keep us posted on that... Will be watching you. :D

Tiff- how are you??? glad you decided to do the tri.. and glad your seeing a RE.. that may give you a good mental boost. Thanks for the info on the clomid.. I hope that is my issue and I get my BFP this month.. but even now not holding my breath.. Is it normal for you to have sore ovaries, I feel that way, and also feel like someone has punched me in the stomach, are those side effects you had??

Welcome Noregrets.. Love that name by the way... Its me in a nutshell... I have had to reschedule 2 SA due to timing around O... what a pain that is.. also, check up on DHEA.. I have read alot of good things about it for egg quality. Great study done on it and results seemed impressive.

Shanessa- a BFP is a BFP..... enjoy it and try not to stress it.. YAY AGAIN for you... You little one will be so excited and I am sure DH is thumping his chest right now..LOL

HI to EOE!

AFM- work was crazy this week, OOT this week threw me way off, and yesterday was insane trying to catch up after getting home... 6DPO for me today.... had some naseua this past Sunday which I think was from the trigger shot, not bad but enough to make me feel slightly yucky.. Boy does the clomid or trigger give symptoms or what... UGH.... I have TENDER ovaries, a pulling feeling around my belly button, and a back ache.. all of which at 6DPO obiously wouldnt be preg. sympts.. I go for my day 21 progesterone and thyroid draw tomorrow.. which has me thinking....LOL... big shock I know.... does progesterone increase when BFP? and would immature eggs put out a smaller progesterone amount?? wondering if I can give me any knowledge to keep filling in my puzzle from the progesterone results...

Happy Friday everyone- have a great weekend.. talk to you all Monday. :)
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Noregrets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:26 am

Congrats Shanessa!!!!!! :happyforyou:
That gives me soo much hope!! I was so bummed about possibly missing the eggie this month! You are proof that it can happen! Now post the pee stick! I wanna see!! :D

Ok so we got DH's partial SA results back but we have not had a chance to talk to the Dr. since he's super busy w/ doing IVFs right now.

So far we got

Sperm Density Count 77million/ml
Motility 48%

Nurse said something about wanting Motility to be above 50% but since his sperm count is so high it's more than make up for it. I have no idea it can work that way. Does that sound right? We're still waiting for the other numbers suck as Morphology, Volume, Liquifying time etc...

As for me my CD 3 labs are all within normal range

Estradiol 43.7
FSH 6.1

Now they want to do Femvue test to make sure my tubes are not blocked. If that is fine too then it's probably my OLD eggs. :( We have been trying since October 2012 (I think). I never TTC before... always got knocked up accidentally. DH used to say "All I have to do is look at her and she fell pregnant." Well now that I am 42 and he's 45 and we decided to give it another go, it's not happening!! I had no idea TTC can be soo difficult. Maybe I should reverse it and say I'm NOT trying and see if he can knock me up accidentally again. LOL

Anyway, I'm sooo frustrated and mad not to mention sad. Since we don't want to do anything invasive, I'm just not sure this will ever happen for us. :(
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:38 am

Just a quick pop in here..crazy busy at work today :(.

CONGRATS shanessa!!! SO, SO EXCITING!!!! I"M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL!!!!

Second, yes Clomid will make you have those side effects..it actually gave me every preg symtom in the book most cycles..ugh. But, once it was the real deal :). Just keep up the faith. Did he tell you when you could start testing so that the trigger would be out of your system?

Hi EOE..sorry no personals..gotta go.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am

Noregrets- Sounds like the SA is great to me.. They look for 3 things, count, motility and morphology. They want count above 15 million, motility above 40% and morphology above 4%. They dont really look at the other things according to my 2 Drs. Your FSH is excellent they want that below 10. I see a BFP in your future.. just focus now on your timing... My DH has good swimmers so we start BD CD9 just to make sure the real important times are good strong spermies... then we BD from CD10 or 11 every day until I see my temp shift showing I Oed. Plus I also do the OPK to know as well.

Tiff- Thanks, yes they said I could test on the day I missed my normal period... which would be next Sat.. I did one just for kicks to see what a BFP looks like on Monday night, 2DPO and it was a very faint positive, but really just wanted to see what it would look like and day dream... :doh: UGH... LOL...
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Noregrets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:24 am

Thank you Second Chance!

I'm glad to hear his SA is looking good so far. Hopefully the Morphology will come back great as well. As for the Femvue test I'm petrified to do it!! But the nurse kept saying that we have to get that done to get a better understanding of where out issue(s) are. She said that sometimes just doing the test can clear out the debris enough that some couples actually to conceived afterwards. So you're saying our tests look pretty good for two old farts?

Thank you so much you just made my day! :kiss:
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 am

Last edited by shanessa91 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!

shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:43 am

Shanessa- I looked from my phone and can clearly see that BIG HUGE BFP no problem at all............ YAHHOOOO...

Noregreats- I had the HSG done eariler this month, rest assured...it did not hurt at all, the whole thing takes 10 minutes. No worries, to me it was just like a pap, nothing more.. plus you will know the results right then and they show you the dye going thru the tubes and yes you are extra fertile for 3 months after...ask Shanessa, she just got her BFP on her 3rd month after her HSG. Now my Dr did say some ladies that hurt when they have the HSG are more prone to be the ladies that actually had a blockage or build up in there... oh and I forgot to say, with a high sperm count it does help compensate for other "lower" areas, but you dont have that issue it appears.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Noregrets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:48 am

Woooza!! I SEE it!! My heart is pounding out of my chest! I'm soo excited for you girl!! Thank you for posting that!

Second,

Thanks so much for reassuring me. The nurse said with the Femvue they use water and air? She said that they give you Motrin and Valium during the procedure so your smooth muscles don't go into a spasm which can then make it looks like you have a blockage. She said Dr. is very gentle and he is very good at this so not to worry. I'm 2DPO so hopefully I will work up the courage to do it in a few weeks. I need to stop being such a wimp if I want a baby! LOL
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s