Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 8

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling on and on and on....and on and on... part 8

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Second/Noregrets - Thanks for confirming my sanity! :D

Noregrets - Second is absolutely correct about the HSG and the benefits. I hadn't heard of the Femvue approach but reading up on it it sounds essentially the same as the dye HSG, just a more modern spin. Relax and know that you will have more information immediately after and clean "plumbing" to assist with moving those "Old" eggs along to meet those millions of great spermies your DH has. :D

Have a great weekend ladies!
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Noregrets- interesting... I have not heard of that procedure... have you had the HSG done? if I can ask what is their reasoning for that procedure VS the HSG?
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Noregrets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:21 pm

I don't know the difference between the two tests and not sure why the would recommend one over the other. But I am going to call and find out. Will let you know what they said.
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Noregrets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Ok just spoke quickly with the office and she said
Femvue is done at the clinic by my RE where as HSG is Radiology done by Radiologist.

Femvue is an ultrasound where as HSG is an X-ray thus you are exposed to radiation.

Femvue the RE can assess your tubes and lining right then and there where as HSG you have to wait for the results.

Femvue uses saline water and air and HSG uses dye.

But she said the most important thing is when my RE look at my uterus and if he sees polyps or cysts he we abort Femvue procedure until we address that first where the Radiologist will resume HSG which then can be quite painful.

In general Femvue is more gentle than HSG thus less painful.

But since I have not done either I can't attest to it one way or another.
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Noregrets - I think everything you said makes sense (and is true based upon my HSG experience and reading up on FemVue) except for " Femvue the RE can assess your tubes and lining right then and there where as HSG you have to wait for the results." You don't have to wait for results from the HSG. The radiologist gives them to you right then and there (sometimes while you are still on the table). :wink:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Noregrets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Thank you for confirming the info. Sometimes it's hard to tell if the office is telling you the truth or if they are just pushing it because that is the procedure they offer.

So glad I found you girls... all this stuff is over my head that's why I haven't comment much bc I have not a clue what I am doing! You all seem like experts here. Thanking for sharing and supporting me.
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Shanessa - Can't pass up a second chance to say :yay:

Second – Glad you got home, even if there’s been a lot to do! The progesterone should remain at higher levels with pregnancy. Looking at various charts, it seems that it stays elevated but not necessarily higher than you would typically peak. I’m not sure if egg maturity would have anything to do with the amount of progesterone.

Apples – 20 lbs! WhooHoo!

Tiff – The triathlon sounds like an awesome move! I’m sure you will have a new lucky month once the triathlon is over :hugs:

TTC – Good luck on the BD stretch this weekend!

Stat – I hope you are starting to feel better.

Max – I agree with TTC. You may not be out. I’d jump DH as soon as he lands!!

Noregrets – Thanks for the info on the Femvue. It sure sounds like your results for SA and 3DAY look good!

Hello to EOE!

AFM – CD3 and I had 3DAY and u/s today. Everything looks good on the u/s and lab results came back in normal range:
Estradiol – 84
FSH – 9.0
LH 6.2

I’m off to the pharmacy to get the Femara and get started on that. Next week, I have the HSG on Wednesday and another u/s on Friday. Boy, I feel like we are finally taking action! Let’s hope we can actually get it done! 30 more days to 44. Yikes!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies :D . We’ll be on the baseball fields - as always 8) . Play Ball!!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Shanessa - that's amazing!!!

Hi to everyone else. No personals right now. My older twin fell and cut his chin and needed stitches today. Not fun. I just put them to bed. It's been a long day.

Yay again Shanessa! Go OvaBoost!
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Luvsdogs » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 am

YAY Shanessa! So excited for you! (Sorry to be just popping in so infrequently everyone.) I am actually going to be spending less time on the dang computer obsessing but cheering on the bfp's of course! Sticky dust to you Shanessa! Us over 40 ladies are definitely due for a bunch of sticky bfps!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
Baby Gavin went to heaven 21.6 weeks Trisomy 18
CP's Feb 2013, May 2013, Aug, 2013
Femara, Ovidrel, and timed bd cycles-
Oct= bfn follie sizes 18, 15, 3@14
Nov= 3 nice follies at 20, 22, 22 (also a 15 and 14) BFN :(
End Nov= follie sizes 20, 18, 16, 14.
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby StathamLuvr » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:27 am

I put myself outta the loop cuz I was sick and feeling very "woe is me" about this whole ttc thing, but I gotta just suck it up and stop wallowing, I guess...

Shaness: mucho congrats your way! I was just looking over the text of an old Dr. Oz episode about "later in life" mothers, and it said the ONLY option for those well into their 40's is egg donation! Hah! You and so many others in here prove that is NOT the case! Best wishes to you!

Second and Ray: thx so much for your concern. I started to feel better by Wed night into Thurs. My tummy still kind of makes some noises when I eat certain things, but I just kinda cross my fingers and hope for the best! lol

EOE: hello and I hope all is well!

AFM: according to the My Days app on my phone, after adjusting the LP and cycle length, I supposedly hv the "fertile week" coming up with OV on 3/16. I was already taking melatonin off and on for sleep assistance, but now I take it every night. I also started taking ubiquinol on Friday. I can't find the myo inositol I hv read about, though. I know none of this is a "quick fix", but i have to start sometime if Im gonna try to maximize what i have left- right? Unfortunately, I don't know if the "SG" is gonna be ready, willing and able to uhhh, "help" this week b/c he has started a new job which is wiping him out and he has some family medical drama going on. :-(
So, maybe the supplements will have a chance to "soak in" a little more...
StathamLuvr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby brasil12 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 am

My beta is i think 19 or 20. It is a Wed. Today is day 9 so I will start testing tomorrow. I am very stressed so hard to even think. I did have three embryos but the cells were growing too slow. Dr said they can grow faster once they are inside. I hope so. I did read a lot of success stories. At times it is hard to get on here because it has been eight years of trying. I will be 41 in april. I did do test today and all hcg shot is gone.
Me Anna-40 BF John- 43
Trying for 7 years with endometriosis with no luck. No kids. About 10 surgeries, 3 IUI, 6 cycles of clomid and 3 injectables.

Polyctmony - June 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - three egss, two retrieved 7/13 but did not fertilize. failed.
IVF #2 - November/December 2012- Retrieval Dec 6 , Transfer Dec 9 failed
Ivf #3 - March 2013- failed
IVF #4 - May 2013 - 2 four cell embryos transferred - bfp 5/24/2013
IVF #3 - 3 day transfer on 3/5/13. Embryos are all grade A but 4,5 and 6 cells.

brasil12
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Luvsdogs » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:18 am

Good luck brasil! I hope at least one sticks and grows beautifully!
Me 41
DH 40
DD Dec 2010
Baby Gavin went to heaven 21.6 weeks Trisomy 18
CP's Feb 2013, May 2013, Aug, 2013
Femara, Ovidrel, and timed bd cycles-
Oct= bfn follie sizes 18, 15, 3@14
Nov= 3 nice follies at 20, 22, 22 (also a 15 and 14) BFN :(
End Nov= follie sizes 20, 18, 16, 14.
BFP Dec 1 !!!!
Luvsdogs
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:58 am

Hello Ladies. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We finally got a warm day for baseball and my nose is so burnt! I hope you will all forgive me for a very self-indulgent rant. I am flipping out here at my end. It seems my 18 yr old DSS has gotten his girlfriend pregnant again :doh: ! This is the second pregnancy for them in the past 3 months. They are not even out of high school yet. I feel so bad for the jealousy and resentment I feel. Here I am wishing for my own baby and instead I get a Grandbaby. These kids can't even take care of themselves, let alone a baby. I know that DH and I will end up supporting this one too. They live in another state, so I won't even get the pleasure of watching my grandchild grow. I'll just get the pleasure of paying for them to raise their child. Life seems so unfair. I'm sorry for the pity today but I am beyond devestated :cry: . DS asked me last night if I could please adopt a baby brother or sister if God did not send us a baby. I'm just miserable and sad...and apparently old enough to be a Grandma. Dear God, please take away my resentment and help me to see some good in this turn of events.
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:15 am

Happy Monday everyone-

Brasil- Fingers crossed for you.. keep us posted.. praying they stick. :)

Stat- Glad your feeling better.. hopefully your guy can find some time to come visit you later this week.. :)

Maxx- poor baby, that must have been difficult as a mom to go thru and with DH gone all the more stressful for you.. Hugs..

Ray- your test results are AWESOME... It feels so invigerating to feel like you are moving in the right direction.. Good luck with the fermara.. sorry your going thru this with the DSS... I know how you feel and would be thinking and feeling the same thing.. seriously, they have no idea what they are getting into... Hugs to you... and you have every right to rant right now.. :doh:

Noregrets- All this stuff can be some overwhelming.. I sure feel that way at least.. but, feeling like I am starting to get a good grasp on it all... until... something new throws me for a kink... LOL... Glad your moving forward and having the testing.. on the HSG, echo what Shanessa said, my Dr actually did my HSG and I got to watch the whole thing on a screen, dont worry, it does not hurt.. You need to schedule it from days 5-10 of your cycle, they wont do it any other time due to possible pregnancy.. I could only get in on day 5 of my cycle which was the very end of my flow, but it was the only time she could get me in or I had to wait another month..

Shanessa- That BFP is looking GORGEOUS.. :D :D :D :D :D

Hi to everyone else!

AFM- 9DPO today.... my dogs got me up in the middle of the night Friday night and I couldnt go back to sleep so unable to temp Sat AM.. :doh: and temp yesterday morning was quiet a bit below my cover line.... WTH.. is up with that.??? that has never happened to me before and today temp was crazy high... UGH.. Dr said the clomid and trigger would throw my temps off, NO CRAP... the ovary discomfort has now subsided, but was having a belly button area pull most of the day Sat.. like someone was poking my belling button from the inside.. and yesterday and today both feel like I have done a thousand sit ups.. my stomach is sore and tight.. since I am new to the clomid dont know if that is expected, I know they say the clomid can make your ovaries bigger so could be a side effect of that... only time will tell... I am terrified to test... so nervous about what it will show.. have decided that if temps stay this high for another 2 days I will test, if not I will wait it out and drive myself crazy wondering... I think I have become so acustomed to BFN...

I went Sat AM for a thyroid test and a 21 day progesterone, am anxious to see what the results say..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm

I am just kind of reading ladies..I hope that is okay :). I will be back at some point.

Just wanted to say "CONGRATS" again to Shanessa! We need more info woman!! How are you? Still testing??

afm..still around. In limbo, hanging out. I think I am coming out of heartbreak but not sure where I am emotionally yet as far as getting back on ttc wagon. I did join weight watchers and trying to take it day by day until RE appt.

Love to all. Wishing you the best. I am sorry I am not more active..just not there yet. :hugs:
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s