TTC in Secret?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC in Secret?

Postby Noregrets » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:34 am

We flirted with the idea back in September... and by October there was just no stopping me. I even charted for a month and used OPK for 3 months before stopping in December. So December, January and February we just didn't prevent. Then this month I had the urge to TTC again so here we are using OPKs, in secret of course.

Our entire family is against it due to my age. I'm 42 and DH is 45. We have two girls but I still feel like something is missing. It will be interesting to see their reactions.

Anyone else TTC in secret?
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: TTC in Secret?

Postby Leigh13 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Haha yes I guess I am! Secret even from DH, who will be thrilled. We have 1 son who is 4, and that was enough for me. I'm now 44 and DH is 38. I guess realizing its now or never, and that we'd like more family changed my thinking. But, being this old I'm realistic about how hard it might be, and prefer to face the process alone. DH has accepted my 1-and-done so is not pressuring anymore.

Anyway, looks like I conceived on my 44th birthday and just got a BFP! I will tell DH when I see a heartbeat, he would be devastated to get his hopes up only to see an empty ultrasound. I had one m/c at age 39 before my son was born.

At least you aren't keeping it from your partner! I just don't like hearing peoples opinions. "Arent you a little old???"
Leigh13
Friend

Postby harmonylilley » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Hiya

We are in a similar situation we are secretly ttc as well for number 3 I'm comming up 35 and he is comming up 44..
I've always longed for another since we had our surprise boy nearly 3 years ago and he has just decided that he would like another aswell.
This is our second month ttc... But really first month trying as last month we decided on Day 17 and AF arrived Day 25 i'm thinking we missed our chance... I'm now on CD4 and AF has gone and we have just BD and I've just started charting and taking my temp too.
So excited hopefully we all will get BFP's soon :)
harmonylilley
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Noregrets » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:33 am

Wow Leigh13, that's awesome!! Congrats!!

How the heck do you even keep it from DH?? LOL. It's a dead give away when I initiate so he knew right off the bat I wanted a baby. In the past it just happened so I never had to do anything. Now that I'm doing the OPKs and I get so excited when I get the smiley faces that there is no hiding it from him.

Hi Harmony,

35 is sooo young! I wish I was 35 LOL. Good luck hun!! Hopefully we'll get our BFPs soon. :)
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Leigh13 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:03 pm

LOL like I said it was my birthday! It doesn't look like 'Trying' when you do it once a month. I might be an oddity in that I know the exact day just from feeling it. Since trying for 5 cycles I've had 2 chemicals and one BFP. The weeks in between were 'resetting' from the chemicals. (I can't prove this but I know it!!)

Good luck to you guys! I'm starting to panic a bit :-)
Leigh13
Friend

Return to TTC in our 40s