Cycling On ....Part 9

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cycling On ....Part 9

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello ladies!

Sorry I was MIA today. My computer at work crashed! Took IT all day to get me a new one and it still is not up and running. What a wasted work day. :x Anyway...

MomofTreasures - Welcome aboard. The more the merrier. That goes for ladies on this post and children! :D

Maxx - Good luck with the little one. I hope the injury is not too bad...although stitches does sound serious. :(

Ray - numbers look good! I always fell better when I am actively taking action. Why I was getting so bummed about a new cycle. Then bam! BFP! God sure does have a great way of cheering a person up though. Oh man! So sorry about DSS' predicament. 18 is the time to be enjoying life. Kids today just don't know how fortunate they have it. :roll: Don't beat yourself up too much about the resentment. It's the shock! :hugs:

Stat - I hope you and your sweet guy can hook up. But if not, at least you are working towards stronger, healthier eggs.

Brasil - I hope you get a sticky one this cycle. :hugs:

Second - wow, that is quite a spike. I hope it is a signal of good things for you this cycle. I know what you mean about the testing and getting a BFN. It's one reason why I never tested earlier (that and the wacky temps and what I beleived to be poor timing). Sometimes the not knowing for sure is easier to accept than the BFN.

Tiff - you take all the time that you need. We will be here for you when you are ready. :hugs:

Hello EOE!

Thank you all for your kind words. REALLY appreciate it. :D Temps are still up and took another FRER this a.m. with a darker line. :) As long as the temps stay up, I will try not to do another one. :roll: My first OB appointment is not until April 4th when I will (hopefully) be 7 weeks along. Just trying to take it day by day. 8) My RE's office said they would do a beta and progesterone test for me for $225! Then do a second test in two days for $150! :omg: I said thanks but no thanks!

So, I haven't told DH yet. :shh: Part of me wants to, but part of ke just wants to make sure first. As you know from my siggie, this is my 8th pregnancy and I only have one child, DS. I didn't suffer through those losses alone. In addition, DH's mother is suffering some issues with her heart and his baby brother has been in the hospital for more than a week now. I think he has enough on his plate without worrying about whether this pregnancy will go the distance. It is so hard not to say anything though. This weekend was pure torture. My MIL and brother-in-law spent the weekend at our home (so DH could keep an eye on her) and my BFF and her seven year old daughter came for the day on Saturday. At many different moments I just wanted to shout it out. I had to tell somebody so I did tell my mother. She is in North Carolina so we can only talk about it on the phone. She has also lived through all the heartache with me (we are extremely close). Everyday she asks me if I am still pregnant. As if I can see into my uterus and get status updates. :roll: She says she is praying that I have ONE healthy baby that I carry to term. She is a twin but she doesn't want me to have one due to the financial and physical strains of the pregnancy and after. Such a mom!

BTW- my only current symptoms are irritability (so glad I turned out pregnant b/c I have been so impatient with DS over the last 5 or so days which is so unlike me and was starting to make me feel like a terrible mom :cry: ), frequent urination (I can appreciate how close my office is to the ladies room now!), constipation, lite pinching aches and pains in the pelvis, stomach, waist areas and occassional breast soreness (doesn't last though).
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Cycling On ....Part 9

Postby raybuth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:11 am

Good morning, Ladies.

Second - Did you get your 21 day results back yet?

Brasil - You'll be in my prayers that you get a sticky one this time!

Tiff - So glad to hear from you. Sending you a hug :hugs:.

:welcome: to Momoftreasures! You have found the right group. I certainly understand your strong desire for one more and you are not alone.

Shanessa - It sure sounds like your DH has a lot going on, so I understand your desire to protect him. I am glad you were able to tell your Mom, since it helps to have someone close you can confide in.

Hello to EOE :D !

AFM - I'm working on positive thinking this week. Everywhere I look I see babies and sitcoms about having babies. I do not watch a ton of TV. Yet, in the past 3 days I have seen:
1.) A sitcom where a couple needs a surrogate to have a baby
2.) A sitcom where a girl wants to sell her eggs and finds out that the better your education, the more your eggs are worth
3.) A sitcom where the married couple decide to start DTD for God's intended purpose ;)
4.) A drama series where a couple who tried after years of infertility and finally have their baby.

Now, I don't think that I am going daft or looney...but it sure seems like the universe is talking to me! Couple this with the fact that I I had my first pregnancy dream yesterday and I think that BFP is coming this cycle! So I am going to spend the next 3 weeks thinking positive and waiting for that BFP. I hope all of you are well today :) .
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 am

Tiff - hugs. I know how you feel.

Ray - I was going to say hate away on the 18 yo but then you got all positive on me so I'll hate away for you.

Shanessa - good to hear that the line is getting darker.

Hi to everyone else.

As for me - My twin is ok and has 4 stitches. We go to take them out Friday. I ended up doing another opk on Saturday and it looked positive so I guess the first opk was a false positive? I don't know but what I do know is that I guess this is why I need to have done this with my ob's blessing. I'm not feeling positive about this cycle anyway. We DTD but I still don't feel positive. Thursday we go back to the RE so my husband can ask his questions. A friend of mine is doing ivf in july. For whatever reason she did the retrieval now, did pgd and has 3 6 day embryos to transfer. Why do I feel envious? I am in such a weird place now. Not hormonal, not sure of what I want, not sure of what will happen.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:10 am

HI everyone-

Welcome momoftreasures- We welcome everyone, you will learn alot here and we can learn alot from you.. no matter how many kiddos you have... :) Glad to have you..

Shanessa- temps are really good.. I have my fingers crossed this is the one for you.. how far along do you want to be to feel good about this one? not sure how long your past losses were, plus maybe all the good things you are taking will be just what you needed.. Hugs to you, try not to stress and just enjoy yourself..

Tiff- Hugs, and we are here when you are ready... take all the time you need.

Ray- The tests you have had are all good so far.. I think you are right and your time is almost here and soon at that.. fingers crossed this is the month for you.

Maxx- I almost said did you get a false OPK.. hugs to you.. sometimes our brains just wont STOP... I think we all go thru what you are in but it will get better..

hi to EOE!

AFM- Well all I can say is UGH...... UGH.....UGH..... thyroid results came back first yesterday after I posted and my TSH is 0.05.... almost not functioning at all... Free T3 is high and Free T4 is normal... they are unsure what to do at this point.. they had some blood left over and are running some additional tests but at this point think I need to go see a endocronologist to figure out what is going on, its been 6 months of up and down... I have been on synthroid since 1992 and always stable until the last 6 months... I cannot figure out what is wrong with me now.. and its throwing everything else off homonely.. so in my gut I knew the OB call wouldnt be good... sure enought then my OB calls and my progesterone level day 21 was 6.98.... WTH.... that is lower than last month non clomid of 11.5.... OB is confused and concerned, when I went on CD19 for the ovulation ultrasound and trigger the follicle was 19mm so it was the correct size, so they now wonder if I have a progesterone issue and asked me to start doing preg tests everyday until I start or its positive.. then I am to call when one or the other happens and they will decide to either add progesterone and up my clomid dose or who know what else...so of course I tested last night... 9DPO BFN......I am in a fog right now, I cannot figure out what is wrong with me, all of this is related somehow... but how... My face is broken out terrible, I am snippy and irritable, poor DH, he is getting the brunt of this, I have cramping and pulling down there, obviously all from the clomid I am sure but my CM is still pretty heavy so my progesterone should not be so cooky.. my temps do seem low post O but then the spike... anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what in the heck could be going on, I have researched and researched until its all so confusing I have to just walk away... I asked about my supps, they said since I take them 8 hrs later they do not suspect those... in my heart I think it all goes back to the acupuncture I had in June, it all went crazy after that, 1st my cycles then my hormones... THIS SUCKS... ok, I am rambling now........ sorry....
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:38 am

Second - You must be frustrated. Your progesterone is really low and it is likely playing a role in your lower temps. Maybe that spike in temp at 9 dpo was an implantation dip? Your temp is still well above coverline.

Take a look at all of these symptoms of low progesterone:

Mood swings
Depression
Insomnia
Appetite changes
Weight changes
Irritability
Lack of concentration
Anxiety
Fatigue
Frequent menstruation
Irregular menstruation
Low sex drive
Migraines
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
Vaginal dryness
Painful intercourse
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:44 am

maxxiniko wrote:Ray - I was going to say hate away on the 18 yo but then you got all positive on me so I'll hate away for you.

Thanks, Max! Yes, today is a day for positive thinking. I'll return to resentful if AF shows her ugly face again later this month! Thanks for hating for me!!
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 am

Hi all, just checking in to read everyone’s updates…

Strangest thing happened this cycle, I O’d CD12! I usually do not O until at least CD15-17 so our BD timing was not bad but still not ideal. I am 5 DPO and although still too early I have nausea, twinges/cramping today and on 2DPO I had so much energy that I cleaned my whole house before 9 a.m. LOL. This just seems like a really unusual cycle for me … I’m hoping it is a good omen.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

Second - I have no idea about temping but my guess is they'll get your Synthroid dose straight and that will help with mood, TTC. They can give you progesterone if need be. I don't know why it's low but I also blamed acupuncture for my very weird periods and for ultimately ending up in the RE's office doing ivf. A big hug anyway. None of this should be so difficult.

Hi again and good luck to everyone who's waiting on good news.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby momoftreasures » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 am

I'm not going to be very good at replying as I am homeschooling 7 children and it's baseball season, but know that you are all being prayed for! I want everyone to be as blessed as I am! Looks like I will be ovulating on Friday which is cd12 (one day later than usual) and our 17th wedding anniversary. We conceived our first on our first anniversary so it would be really neat if... Pray for me!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Maxx- when I did the accupuncture she thought at that time I was pregnant by my pulse... dont ask me how that is possible, so she said she would do a "progesterone treatment on me" to help implantation... that was in June and I was not pregnant and it took me until Dec to get my periods back to normal, and that basically when everything else went crazy.... so something got messed up... I suspect she uped my progesterone to much and then it threw my estrogen off and its never been able to recover as a result.. and both those things can play a role with your thyroid...SO....... how do I fix that???? dont know the answer to that.

My Dr called, my additional thyroid tests came back, everything is 100% normal.. so we are trying one last ditch effort, I am to stop all supplements for 30 days and then be retested and then if still not normal levels then go to a endocronologist. I suspect the supps stopping will not change this but will try it. I am going to have my OB run the estrogen tests next cycle for me to see if that shows anything, again I suspect my estrogen is to high thus its being dominate right now and throwing everything else off... not really sure how you can fix that though... its not looking real good for me right now. :doh: so frustrated...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:16 am

momoftreasures wrote:I'm not going to be very good at replying as I am homeschooling 7 children and it's baseball season, but know that you are all being prayed for! I want everyone to be as blessed as I am! Looks like I will be ovulating on Friday which is cd12 (one day later than usual) and our 17th wedding anniversary. We conceived our first on our first anniversary so it would be really neat if... Pray for me!

Prayers headed your way :).
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby raybuth » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:18 am

Good morning ladies.
Today is the day of my HSG. I have to admit that I am little nervous :shock: . This is the last stop in fertility testing for us. If all looks good, they will diagnosis me with "Unexplained Infertility" or in my case "Mature Lady Egg Syndrome" :shh: ! My nervousness is mixed between the fear they will find something wrong and the fear that it will be painful. I do not typically cramp, so the thought of doing a procedure that could lead to cramping/bleeding does not sound fun. Here's hoping it is uneventful and that I am up to starting our BD marathon tonight. With O coming between CD 11 - CD 13, we should be ready for the IUI this weekend or likely by Monday at the latest. Time is flying and the time is almost here!!

Hope you all have a lovely day :) .
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 am

Hi Ladies:

Finally received a new computer at work so I am back online :)

Ray - I have had several HSGs, the last one this past January. I don't remember any of them being painful. On the bright side, it opens up the plumbing to make egg and sperm connection easier. Since you get them right away, let us know your results. The universe is definitely speaking to you this cycle (sitcoms, etal). I hope that results in your BFP!

Second - Darnation! I can feel your frustration. Maybe stopping the supplements for the thirty days will serve to reboot your system. Then maybe resume one supplement each month with testing (starting with the prenatal of course) to see if any of them is throwing off your levels.I agree the acupuncture can either do wonders for you or mess you up. There doesn't seem to be any middle road with the route. I don't think I will feel good about this pregnancy until I am holding the little one in my arms. Long time to stress. LOL

Momoftreas - boy you have your hands full. Good luck with the anniversary egg catching! :wink:

Maxx - yay for the false positive so you got in a good BD. Can't wait to see what happens.

AFM - awoke yesterday to a small temp drop and then some pink spotting. :doh: Really surprised me because I haven't been cramping lately. I wondered if it stemmed from lifting DS the night before. In any event, it sent me into a tailspin. I have only bled with my m/c and combined with the temp drop I wasn't feeling optimistic. It is only on toilet paper not on liner. By the end of the day, it had turned brown like the last day of AF but very little volume. I caved yesterday and shared the news with DH. He told me that it is not my job to worry about loading up on him. :roll: Told me that since I was an amazing mom to DS he knows I will be an amazing mom to this one too. And of course the waterworks began. :roll: This a.m. the temp is back up a bit and the spotting (again only on the tp) is only brown and mucussy (not sure that is a word). So all I can do is wait and pray (been doing tons of that).
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby raybuth » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 am

shanessa91 wrote:AFM - awoke yesterday to a small temp drop and then some pink spotting. :doh: Really surprised me because I haven't been cramping lately. I wondered if it stemmed from lifting DS the night before. In any event, it sent me into a tailspin. I have only bled with my m/c and combined with the temp drop I wasn't feeling optimistic. It is only on toilet paper not on liner. By the end of the day, it had turned brown like the last day of AF but very little volume. I caved yesterday and shared the news with DH. He told me that it is not my job to worry about loading up on him. :roll: Told me that since I was an amazing mom to DS he knows I will be an amazing mom to this one too. And of course the waterworks began. :roll: This a.m. the temp is back up a bit and the spotting (again only on the tp) is only brown and mucussy (not sure that is a word). So all I can do is wait and pray (been doing tons of that).

Praying for you, Shanessa. Glad you told DH, so you have the support at home.
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 am

Wow! I had no idea how much some people have to go through to get pregnant! I also had no idea there was so much help and so many different procedures out there to try to accomplish it! I'm learning all this stuff and my heart really goes out to all of you. I was stuck in bed this morning with my toddler sleeping on top of me and I spent about an hour praying for all of you. Bear with me as I learn all about infertility!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s