Cycling On ....Part 9

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On ....Part 9

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:01 am

HI All, I have been away for a while and so much is happening and so may new/returning faces this is wonderful! I have to frequent the site more often just to keep up! Believe it or not, I use to be good at this but lately I've been bad :oops:

Apples, I love the pic .. you are beautiful

Ray, I am sorry to hear about AMH but I am glad you are still trying to have a positive attitude. I had my first and only child via IUI, I am hoping there is one perfect egg left for you!

Max, sorry to hear, I had an "ideal cycle" this month and secretly thought this is it but only to result in too many BFN :( I too am expecting AF this weekend and will be using up the prescriptions from my RE of Femera next cycle. Perhaps we can be cycle buddies so we can support/laugh/celebrate :o together. With our timing we may even have a NEW YEARS BABY!

Kathe, welcome back. I did acupuncture for 6 months last year and they were actually able to reduce my period from 35 days to 28 days, ideal colour (no spotting) and no PMS. The reason I had to stop was money because I decided to go to a Fertility Naturopath instead. I sure hope the acupuncturist helps.

Tiff, how's the training going?

Second, this is great news a good strong flow will shed the old lining and start a new healthy one! Sounds like the Clomid is doing you wonders. I would do the Clomid as the doctor advised although that's me, I am unsure if one day will make a lot of difference.

Shanessa, I hope the little one feels better. That’s is wonderful news about your betas... since I was MIA for so long, did you do anything special for your BFP? Sorry BUT I NEED DETAILS!!!!

AFM, like I said earlier I tested since DPO8 2x daily (so unusual for me but I really thought this was the month for us), my sxs were so strong and I scored an 85 on my Early Pregnancy Signs on FF (the highest yet). Today is DPO15 so I should expect AF this weekend, bloated like a beached whale but no weight gain.

Actually I have lost 14 lbs. since January 1. I have 9 days left on this Anti-yeast diet WHICH SUCKS … no white flour, no sugar, no vinegar, no FUN. I am eating so much protein I feel like I’m carrying a watermelon in my gut and so constipated … I am just uncomfortable. I am not a meat eater (maybe 3-4 meals a week). I cannot wait until this diet is over and if my Fertility Naturopath says I need to continue it, I’ll cry! For those who don’t know this diet is to balance my natural flora and help with my CM … which I have more CM in general since starting this diet and better CM at O so it is helping. The thought process is the more antibiotics you have had in the past (especially in childhood – my mom was a nurse so for her she gave me pills for everything – I will NOT be doing this with my DS) the more it throws off your natural flora (natural bacteria that lives in your stomach – intestinal tract of your digestive system AND your proper vaginal PH for CM).

Lastly, my fertility Naturopath follow up is on March 28 so I am super excited to find the results of my food tolerance test and Day 21 progesterone bloodwork.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby StathamLuvr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:06 am

Hey all... I hv not really bothered posting anything b/c any "symptoms" are easily attributable to pre-AF stuff. Sore/tender bb's, mild cramps, etc. Yesterday was 5 dpo and I had some tan discharge on the panty liner. Today at 6 dpo I am having strange tingling in my fingertips - which could be from all the "tap tap" on the iPhone or typing! lol However, of course I hit google to see if anyone had that as a pregnancy symptom during the tww! Oy vay!!!

I am going to confess that I actually hope I am not pg this time b/c I have just met a nice guy I could have the "whole enchilada" with! He is emotionally ready willing and able to have a relationship unlike the "SG" who agreed to help me try, but never really offered anything else. Whenever I had talked about my concerns he would only say " I don't just think of myself as a sperm donor" or " I know I am not as emotionally open to you as I should be"... but then I continued not to hear much from him and he even scrimped on his promise to help me get pg. So, bottom line, I want to be able to see where things can go with this new guy who seems to really be into getting to know me, be with me and maybe see if we can have a real meaningful relationship- LONG TERM. Yes, I want a baby (which I have talked to him about), but I also crave companionship and love... and if this guy is the one I can share all that with, then I want to pick THAT door and enjoy it and revel in it. If I am pg by some other guy, I fear that will ruin everything even though it happened before I met this new one! :-( And don't ya know...after blowing me off for almost a week, the "SG" texts me at 10pm a couple of nites ago that he misses my laugh and wishes I was with him after I had just spent 5 days of luxuriating in wonderful conversations and an awesome date with the new guy! grrrr I didn't respond to him cuz I don't what to say at this point.

ok... sorry...just needed to get this off my chest.
StathamLuvr
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:19 am

Ray- sometimes knowing all we know is a curse.............. so sorry you keep getting slammed........ but......AMH is like FSH always changing... dont get down, your FSH is great, I find it hard to beleive the AMH is not the same... I found this article... I found it super interesting..

http://www.fertileheart.com/does-a-low- ... fertility/

hugs to you...... :hugs:
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:56 am

Update on me....Well, RE appt was interesting to say the least! His main concern was "not having another mc again". So, we did genetic blood work, will do a hysteroscopy at cd7-10 of next cycle and see what could be the cause of repeat mc. So, he wants me to wait another month before ttc again :(.
Then he said, if u just walked out of here u still have a 70% chance if having a normal preg without doing anything. He also didn't think I needed the clomid or the femara. We don't have a problem getting preg!So, basically I am CONFUSED!! Dh is still convinced there is nothing wrong with us and we prob don't need fertility stuff! I have no clue!
I guess our plan is tomorrow I see if insurance will cover some of 3k blood work he ordered and decide from there??? I kinda thought I would walk out of there with this "fix it" and that really didn't happen :(.
He said there were four causes of mc...genetics, hormones, clotting disorders, and anatomy problems. He didn't really mention egg quality..unless that goes along in the genetics and I guess it does.
Bloodwork he ordered:
IgG, IgM, IgA, Lupus, Antithrombin, Protein S, Factor V Leiden, MTHFR, Prothrombin, Karotype Male, and Karotype Female. I have no doubts all tests will be negative.
His plan is first we tackle genetics with bloodwork then we look at anatomy with hysteroscopy.
I did find out our insurance covers 70% of labs after my deductible..so we will go forward with that part. And, then just take it step by step with the choice to stop any step even after this one :).
Did you girls have to do all of this testing prior to treatments with RE????

Now I can go read personals...
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:52 am

Okay..now for personals...
Kath, glad you are here. Love your OB!!! Spin baby spin...tell me how he/she is going to do that :)??

TTC, 14lbs..that is AWESOME!!! YAY. I do hope she says you can get off that no yeast thing. That has got to be so hard. I totally admire your dedication and determination. I found that interesting about your mom. I too am a nurse and I almost refuse to give dd drugs..but me on the other hand I take them usually at the first sign of needing something..just because I know it works and I don't have time to wait it out. It is a very vicious cycle I live in. But, thankful to say..with this new job I do not see sick people and I haven't had to have antibiotics but once last year. Dd who is 15months old has never had anything but tylenol :).

max, Hoping af doesn't show because of bfp!!! Next cycle, I think the clomid and the day by day is a good plan.

shanessa, how are you today dear? Any new preggo symptoms?

ray, Oh hun so sorry about that news :(. I do hope your tubes are not blocked and there is still chance for a successful IUI. Yeah, the RE I saw was pretty much convinced that your body can change right after a successful preg and birth so I think even commented on the debri thing. Please kup.

Stat. NOW you have some EXCITING wonderful news. DEF go for the WHOLE ENCHILADA!!! This is so just fun to read!!! I do hope you will keep us in the loop. How did you meet him? FUN, FUN!! I secretly hope this guy is the one and you are not preggos too! The whole package is def worth it. I wouldn't change my dh and now my dd (even if that is all it ever is) for anything in the world. I love my life and him so much..the happiest I have ever been in my life has been since I have been with him. And even through all this pain and bs with ttc and 40..I would rather go thru nothing painful without him. He is my rock when I am down..and that is important now and will most def be as we get older and more bad things happen to our family members or ourselves. Just my thoughts.

Second, you found an endo yet? So, can you do me a favor...ask your RE if Clomid improves the quality of the egg? The RE said, "clomid nor femara will improve the quality of the egg, it only helps you ovulate or produces more eggs, period"! I was in shock. My mouth hit the floor. I even argued with him about it. But, good grief I had to sit back and realize that he is the expert not me! It was a gut blow to me though :(.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

Tiff- Waiting for endo to call and get me in... they all want a referral to come from your primary physician.. the one I really wanted to go to cant get me in until June and I cannot wait that long.. so back to the drawing board and looking at another one.. Your RE is right, my Dr told me clomid will not improve my eggs, it will only help "super size them" if you will by making them larger, which for me I wonder if the eggs I have been producing have been on the small end.. will never know because I was not monitored with ultra sound prior to the clomid.. If my light AF wass any indication I would believe that my eggs were just not maturing big enough to be fertilized.. just one round of clomid and my AF is 100% better and stronger..... I also started taking the DHEA, to improve egg quality, it is suggested to help improve the quality.. Have you had your FSH tested? if not maybe get that done but know it is always changing so it really doesnt mean a ton...

TTC- glad to see you back, and WOO HOO to you on the WL.. that is awesome.. I will be sticking with the day 5-9 clomid, it did seem to work just like it was suppose to so I will just stay with it and hope the DHEA can help improve the quality in the next couple months to catch the perfect one..

Stat- hope all works out for your and your new man... how exciting and refreshing for you to have someone who can actaully go thru this with you and want to..

Ray- DO NOT GIVE UP! This will happen for you... keep the faith...

Welcome Kathe! glad to have you join us..

Maxx oh Maxx- where are you????

Shanessa- any updates??

HI to everyone else

AFM- CD4, start round 2 of clomid tomorrow, on day 4 of DHEA and no side effects so far...I have also read some great things with DHEA and estrogen and thyroid... this may be my magic... sure hoping.. :)
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 am

Good info Second..thank you!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:43 am

PS Tiff- clomid day 3-7 is done to give you more eggs, clomid day 5-9 make the eggs bigger, wonder if you need to be taking the clomid or femara on day 5-9 to improve the size???
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:57 am

DID not know that either...good to know!!! Does it lengthen your cycle if you go from 5-9. I will be interested to know what your follicle size is this time and if you Ovulate at the same time this month.

I am honestly thinking we may get results of bloodwork and then try on our own with femara for a couple of months before going on to that big stuff (hysteroscopy, etc). We still do not want to do IUI or IVF.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kathe » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi Tiffany,

Both my husband and I had to have complete physicals and tons of blood work like you lined out before starting the process. As for the sperm spinning, don't ask me how it's done, but he does it and claims it has a very high percentage of the wanted outcome!!! hmm...would be interesting to see that's for sure...best of luck to you and everyone else....Happy Friday!
Kathe

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Tiff- I am doing clomid again this month day 5-9... and yes it did lengthen my cycle by 2 days.. making it a 30 day cycle, will see what it does this month, but I suspect the same thing since the egg is getting bigger and taking longer to get bigger..... One other thing I noticed this month, I did not have any spotting prior to AF this month, just went straight into Heavy AM. All in all so far very pleased with the clomid and what it is doing for me.. I did speak with my Dr about taking it from day 3-7 and she said at my age they wanted bigger eggs and not more eggs so day 3-7 was not a option for me in her opinion... something to think about... :).... I also asked her about the femara, and Dr said the same thing TTC said, Clomid is the #1 choice, femara is 2nd choice during the time you need to take a break from the clomid, but once lining thickens back up you go back to the clomid. She told me I was one of the most educated patients she had come across LOL.... I told her at my age I needed to know and be on top of every aspect and to show her how serious I was about this.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Second, you are FULL of very vaulable information!!! LOVE IT AND NEED IT!
Did she say why the clomid versus femara for our age group?
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Tiff- clomid vs femara has nothing to do with age, she said that clomid main purpose is just to stimulate the ovaries and kick them into overdrive and femara is actually a cancer drug and one of the side effects they found from it was that it stimulated the ovaries, so Dr will use femara for that reason and really only move you to femara when you have to take a break from clomid or for those women that clomid just doesnt work with they try femara, and if that doesnt work they move to injectibles. My Dr said her personal opinion is that clomid is #1 and she also said clomid results in more female babies then male babies due to thinkened CM, so drink lots of cough med if you want a boy.... and drink less for a girl.... :) becauee the female sperm can move and live longer in thicker CM and males will die faster and the journey is harder on them.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi. I'm still around. My husband and I leaving for a week vacation tomorrow so I've been trying to get things together before I go.

Ray - You definitely have a good egg in there. My AMH has been normal and I can't get pregnant on my own and my friend's AMH sucked and she got twins with IVF.

Tiff - I had all that testing and they found nothing. AMH is not included in genetic testing.

TTC - I am right here with you. AF should be here tomorrow. I'm having more PMS sxs this cycle and I think because of the Clomid. I would be honored to be your bump buddy!

Stat - Men. I'm hoping this new guy is it for you.

Second - I got lost there for a few days.

Hi to everyone else!

I will be back on the 30th. I'm going to the Caribbean. I will keep checking in. I sound less than thrilled because A) this is the first time we're leaving the twins, B) I have PMS sxs like I've never had before and C) I actually do like my husband but it's easy to blame everything on him and he's my travel partner.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:03 am

Maxx, we'll talk when you get back from your vacation bump buddy!

Second, I am CD2 and was going to start my Femara tomorrow but I think I'm going to move it to CD5-9 after reading your post. You are absolutely right, the RE said CD3-7 for more follicles but I never heard CD5-9 for bigger eggs and it makes more sense. After hearing of other peoples' experiences with REs I am discovering perhaps my RE was not as eductaed as I thought! For example, if age is an issue why have more follicles ... I don't necessarily need more I just need one good one. Just remind me I did this when I'm freaking out because I O'd later than usual :rofl: I also have an appointment with my family doctor in April (for DS actually) but I may mention "trying Clomid" and see if he will give me a RX for a couple of months. My family doctor always says I'm one of his more educated patients and I NEVER ask for a RX unless I have done my research and know what I'm getting into (I don't even take a tylonel if I have a headache :doh: as I feel my body is trying to tell me something else is wrong so I better listen). Any other info your RE told you about Clomid/Femera? BTW my RE rx Femera because it doesnt thin your lining and it is out of your system before you O but did mention that it was never intended to be used as a fertility drug and I needed to sign a waiver stating this.

AFM, I am CD2 and 3 more sleeps until my Fertility Naturopath phone consult. I am super excited to hear what she has to say and yet scared at the same time :doh:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s