Cycling On ....Part 9

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On ....Part 9

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 am

Second, that is AWESOME info about Femara/Clomid and boys/girls etc!!! Thank you. Keep sharing anything and everything. I am so excited to see what comes of you girls going to cd5-9this month. I'm letting ya'll be my guninea pigs ;). I also heard the femara was better because of the less side effects. It does amaze me how (as all doctors) all RE's are different too. I swear my RE said that Clomid did NOT increase the size of the follicle all it did was help you ovulate and if you did ovualte it would not help you at all. And, I am just sitting there looking at the "expert" like he was crazy and then wondering WTF, maybe I am crazy. So, honestly I have no clue..but I am open to all and any. Whatever works. All I know is that when I increased my Clomid dose from 50mg to 100mg I did get a bigger egg and did get a bfp that stuck! This makes me wonder if I need to go back to Clomid..but i did HATE clomid and the side effects :(.

TTC, I am very excited to hear what your phone consult has to say :). Hoping you get to come off that diet! And, YAY on going cd5-9!

Max, Yes, I too expect nothing to come of the tests...except to say that we had them done and also to rule out the clotting disorder that some women can develop that causes mc.

afm...well, dh and I talked about all of this craziness with RE this weekend. And, we have decided that when the bloodwork comes back..supposed to be in 2-3weeks we will request another consultation with him at that time to discuss the results. Dh has questions that he wants to ask him. He really wants to know..."how much higher then 70% is he going to get us and at what costs" (he is so freakin smart..engineer). We will more then likely NOT proceed with the hysteroscopy and will either proceed with trying on our own or asking him to help us monitored ttc and take the risk of another mc. We have always known we will not do IUI or IVF and now we know we will not do a surgery to fix my uterus which is what the purpose of the hysteroscopy is for, is to find an abnormality in the uterus. To us all of that is taking it out of God's hands. If there is an abnormality in my uterus and I am not meant to carry a second child then that is the way it is meant to be..I can live with that. I will be sad about it but I will be fine and celebrate life as is without problem.
Everybody has a line..and those are ours. When we went to the RE the first time we didn't have a clue what we would hear or what his plan would be. I thought he would just tell us how he would help us get preg not "prevent an mc". For some reason in my (maybe stupid) brain I still don't see that we have a problem with mc..I just think we have a problem with "egg quality" from age and there is nothing that is going to fix that. kWIM?
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:24 am

Hello ladies:

Been out of the loop for a few days with the sick little one. Fever of 102.6 - 105.1 for three and half days! It like to drive me out of my mind trying to figure out how to get it down. Even resorted to the down home remedy of raw onions under the arms and on the bottom of the feet! Plus he was complaining about his head hurting. :cry: All's good now! Just a few sniffies left. Phew!! Busy morning trying to catch up after being out for three days.

Now let me try to catch up....

Tiff - it is so good to have a DH that "gets" it. It isn't easy when you are the only one coming up with questions. You have a good one there. Why did the RE suggest the hysteroscopy? Does he believe there is an issue with your uterus? Wouldn't a simple HSG and u/s be able to tell him? Not sure how the hysteroscopy is done but sounds more invasive.?? The causes of m/c that you listed were the ones my RE shared during my initial consult. To alleviate the possible blood clotting, he got me started on the baby aspirin. It's Bayer OTC. I still take it. I figured on the off chance that he is right... And yes, I had to do a ton of blood tests when starting with the RE (they took 16 vials in one day!) and the HSG and u/s scan. When I first started, DH wasn't 100% on board with going forward but I figured at least I would gather more information about my fertility.

Maxx - enjoy the Caribbean. I know how you feel about leaving the kiddies. I have only been away from DS one night when he was 6 months old. It was hard. But...I think that maybe you and DH need this time to unwind from the ttc drama and just find some peace. Please try to enjoy. Have a mai tai for me!

Second - providing valuable insight as usual, I see. I am hoping the combination of DHEA and clomid does the trick for you this cycle. Is it possible to be put on the waiting list for your preferred Endo? That way if there is a cancellation, they can slip you in. If they don't have a waiting list, I would call every week to check in. The nurse/receptionist might even get so used to speaking with you that she "finds" a spot for you. :D

Stat - WooHoo. Go get your guy. If it doesn't work out with this new FABULOUS guy (and of course it will). You can always fall back to the sweet guy. Sounds like he is not looking for anything serious so he'll be around. Definitely don't pass up your chance for the whole enchilada!

TTC - There is nothing your Naturopath can tell you that you can't handle! Excellent news on the weight loss and the increased CM. As for this BFP, who is to say what worked. I started taking Ovaboost two cycles ago and right away it extended my LP from 11/12 to 15 days so it must have been doing something. Then the very next cycle I got the BFP. I also started drinking lemon water this cycle from cd3 to O (or at least what I thought was O at the time). We only got to BD twice during the window b/c I thought I O'd early (not sure now). Not sure which one was The One but BD#1 used Preseed before and after. I had a lot of EWCM also. BD#2 - Preseed b4 and added some to a softcup which I wore for about 6-8 hours (took it out at work).

Ray - I honestly don't believe that both your tubes are blocked. Was your DS delivered via C-section? Generally, both tubes would only get blocked if there were some scar tissue resulting from some trauma (like surgery, certain illness). I had some scar tissue causing mine to curl up onto itself as a result of the multiple fibroid surgeries I had. I used the fertility massage in combination with and antiinflamatory (part of the program) to "melt" away the scar tissue and uncurl the tubes. I may have mentioned this site before (http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-massage). Maybe worth a try?

Hi Kathe - welcome! I would also be interested (just out of curiosity) of how you spin sperm for gender selection. :rofl:

Okay - Hope I didn't miss anyone.

AFM - had some self inflicted emotional ups and downs over the last few days :roll: , largely tied to my fluctuating temps. I know they say once you get a BFP you shouldn't temp b/c the preggo hormones make your temps go crazy but it was the first sign that I had of m/c in the past. Also, at this point, it is the only thing that I can control. :roll: Nipples went major sensitive on Thursday (ended Week 5). :omg: Still spotting but fluctuating. Yesterday I went all day without spotting until late at night. :doh: Extremely constipated (feel you there TTC with the diet) and beyond gassy. Developed this pulsing ache in my side yesterday while driving to brunch from church. Based upon some online research, some ladies mentioned that they had the same thing around this time and it was gas. Sure enough this a.m. (tmi alert :oops: ) - I released so much gas that I was surprised my feet were still on the ground. :rofl: And right after, the pulsing was gone! Not scheduling any meetings in my office today and trying to keep my door closed. Coming out only for oxygen and potty breaks. :D Yesterday my pastor mentioned that, especially during this holy week, if we had any worries that we give them over to God. So, that is what I have tried to do about this pregnancy. I didn't allow myself to stress about the pulsing and actually I have been feeling very relaxed since yesterday. My mother, who is already making plans to come to NJ from NC in November :roll: , is super excited. Trying to reign her in. LOL Anxiously looking forward to Friday for my u/s. Hoping we can see a flicker of a heartbeat.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 am

shanessa, good to hear from you! You were making me a little worried there my friend!! Oh no so sorry about fevers..I would have been so freaked out..so glad they are under control. So hard to have LO sick..heartbreaking :(. YAY on excited mom! YAY for her. She should def be excited..don't reign her in..let her be :). You will get there too :).
HILARIOUS on the "feet on the floor from the gas"... :rofl:
Glad you found relaxation since yesterday; hoping you DO get to see hb on FRIDAY..FX! you deserve that! We were unable to go to church again this week because of dd being sick...we haven't been in like four weeks because everytime she has a runny yellow nose, cough, something..ugh. But, maybe it has been okay..it is allowing me to get over my anger away from church.
Anyway, I think the hysteroscopy is a more invasive look at uterus because he knows my tubes are okay because I have had consecutive mc. he seemed to explain that maybe I am having a problem with successful implantation because of some problem in the uterus?? I guess you can't see that with a normal u/s. I am not sure. Will def be one of those questions I will be asking! He did give me these papers that explain causes of "recurrent preg loss"..about nine pages that explain all of the blood tests and then four pages that explain all the uterine abnormalities that could occur..ugh. So, I guess that is why. I guess "tubes" are not a reason for "recurrent loss". Well, now that I say that..duh you wouldn't get preg and have a mc if your tubes were blocked. Okay..so there you go..haha!
Anyway, so very nice to hear from you. Can't wait for Friday for you!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 pm

I am back. Just spent a week with my mom. She isn't well and we are trying to spend as much time as possible with her. That means a 16 hour drive but, hey... So I am 10 dpo and making myself crazy looking for symptoms which I have never had through 7 pregnancies. I only ever have one symptom, and sometimes none, until at least 6 weeks. I don't know why I do this to myself! I have also had a raging yeast infection since the day I ovulated despite a 7 day course of Monistat and a dose of diflucan. My poor girl parts are swollen, raw, and on fire! Can't wait to read all of your updates.
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby wannabemom777 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi

Been following this site for a while now but decided recently to join. I have learnt so much from this site and from all the ladies on it.

Been ttc for 3 years now. Just started clomid treatment and now waiting for that big bfp. I have know doubt God will bless me, its just a matter of when. My heart goes out to any woman who has been ttc a while and pray your bfp comes soon.
Ttc #1
Ttc since 2009
Havnt been on bc for 20years.
Blocked tubes now inblocked. Started clomid
Clomid round 1 feb 28. Day 2 - 6. Bfn
Clomid round 2 mar 29 day 3 - 7.
I'm thanking Jesus for a bfp
Hubby on dr prescrip to improve mortility

There shall be no barrenness among you male or female. Thank you Father in advance for my Bfp
wannabemom777
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby momoftreasures » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm

How do I get my personal info under my posts?
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm

momoftreasures..go to "usercontrolpanel" at top of thread. Then go to "profile" then "edit profile" then edit signature". Put info in that box then hit submit. Gosh, I hope I said that right.
Your info will show up in your signature.

Welcome wannabemom777...wonderful women here!!!!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Thanks! Got it - obviously!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:11 am

Shanessa, is your bayer OTC an 81mg or 325mg? And, do you think vitamin water lemonade would work for the lemon water? I hate lemons; well actually I hate pulp. But, that lemonade is pretty good stuff :).
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am

HI everyone

Welcome Wantabemom... gald to have you... I was like you, learned so much from these ladies and wanted to be able to throw in my thoughts should it ever be able to help someone else like these ladies helped me... :)

TTC- yes you will probably more than likely O later than normal.. when I did by 2 days, I was like... what is this... and Dr nurse said, oh that is so good it was only 2 extra days, seriously.. could they not have told me that up front... sheesessee.. cant wait to hear how your phone consult with your neuropath goes..

Tiff- since I was not monitored prior to the clomid I cannot say if the clomid produced bigger eggs for me, but... by AF I would say it was the case.. All in all I just felt like it was a great healthy cycle. I think your decision is great on how you want to proceed, you and DH decide it and be at peace with whatever is decided. :)

Shanessa- Glad things are going well for you... for the endo, we talked about cancelations, she said the list is long, and gave me her personal opinion that I would not get in before June due to the list, she said they rarely have cancels.. My gut tells me to go with this Dr she is female and may be able to assist me better in the long run than a male counterpart... Still deciding... will wait to hear from the other group and make my decision..

Momoft- welcome back.. and hope you get good news in the next couple of days with a BFP..

Hi to everyone else.... hope you are all well..

AFM- CD8, and on day 4 of clomid.. still no symptoms from it... same as last month... have been taking the 75mg of DHEA for 8 days now as well and smooth sailing so far...... nothing else going on with me.. just getting ready for vacation in a week and a half..... cant wait, need to see SUN and WARM HUMID AIR BAD... :D
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wannabemom777 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:52 am

Aah well no bfp this time round. So it back to dr for 2nd round clomid.
Ttc #1
Ttc since 2009
Havnt been on bc for 20years.
Blocked tubes now inblocked. Started clomid
Clomid round 1 feb 28. Day 2 - 6. Bfn
Clomid round 2 mar 29 day 3 - 7.
I'm thanking Jesus for a bfp
Hubby on dr prescrip to improve mortility

There shall be no barrenness among you male or female. Thank you Father in advance for my Bfp
wannabemom777
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby raybuth » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 am

Hello Ladies!

Max –I traveled for business when DS was an infant and it was the hardest thing to leave him while I traveled. I understand how you feel! I hope you have a great trip to the Caribbean and that you can relax enough to enjoy your time away from the twins without too much separation anxiety!

Tiff - I can certainly understand your beliefs and the line that you and DH have to draw to stick with your beliefs. I wholeheartedly agree that if we are meant to have a little one, God will see to it one way or the other. Keep the faith and his plan for you will become clear one of these days.

TTC – I am so impressed with your ability to keep up an anti-yeast diet and thrilled to hear you have dropped 14 pounds. That is awesome :D !!

WannabeMom - Welcome to the group! I am sorry to hear that the witch arrived :cry: and I’ll be hoping your second round of Clomid does the trick.

Second - I am glad to hear you have had no issues with the Clomid this time around. Here’s to big beautiful eggs! Where are you headed for vacation and how long do you get to stay away 8) ?

Momoftreasures – I am so very sorry to hear that your Mom is so ill, but so glad you got to spend a week with her. Hugs to you. :hugs: I sure hope your infection clears up soon. Those are the worst!

Shanessa – As always, you made me laugh so hard with your story about the gas :rofl: !! I can certainly understand your Mom’s excitement! You all waited for that BFP for a long time and went through a lot in the meanwhile!

Hello to EOE :D !

AFM – 10dpo today and feeling just fine (other than the horrible gas)! I have no symptoms, but I am not worried about that since I did not have any with my first pregnancy. I am looking forward to having my whole family over for Easter. We get together so rarely these days that we are throwing all March and April birthdays into the mix. It will be wonderful to have them all here, but a little hard since I am the only woman under 50 that is not pregnant! My testing date is arriving quickly, so I am working hard to hold off until Saturday. I am torn about when to stop taking the progesterone this time. Last time, they had me wait until 13 dpo to stop the progesterone and it took another 2 days for AF to arrive. If I’m not pregnant, I am anxious to move on to the sonogram so we can figure out if my tubes are really blocked!
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 am

Hello ladies - Just a quick shout out! Super busy at work which is a great distraction for me.

Tiff - I am certainly no expert on the lemon water. I think it was Momof2 that had suggested it. Maybe use a strainer to just get the juice and no pulp? I would much prefer lemonade too (sugar rush).

Ray - great on the family get together. From a fellow gas suffer - WooHOO! Could be....

Wannabe - so sorry AF visited this month. New opportunity though.

Second - Maybe you can see a different endo and go to the preferred for a follow up second opinion in June. That way you aren't delaying anything and you do get to see the preferred doc at some point. Jealous of you - where are you vacationing to catch all that sun and humid air. We won't be vacationing until June and we are going to Orlando. I do not like crowds so I am not looking forward to all the Disney/Universal madness but have to do it for the little one. Hopefully, I wont be able to ride on any rides (b/c of pregnancy) b/c I am not much for anything that goes high or spins fast. :D DH calls me a whimp and I am proud to own up to that. LOL

MomofTreas - so sorry about your mom. That is the worst. My worst fear is that something happens to my mom. Wow, have to find a way to cool off those lady parts for sure.

Nothing new with me - Oh, I noticed a road map of blue veins on the girls this morning which was great to see b/c I also noticed that the nips aren't always sensitive anymore. Sigh. Friday can't come fast enough. Day by day...

Catch you girls later.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:05 am

hi

sorry wannabemom... hugs to you.. :hugs:

Ray- fingers crossed you can join your family as BFP.. boy that would be great to be and to call the Dr and say.. either way you have a plan..

Shanessa- things are progressing welll... so excited for you.. 2 more days... We are heading to Fort Myers, FL.. I CANT WAIT, I am sick of snow, sick of cold, sick of being inside... I spoke to the 2nd Endo office, that office just as busy but they have a new Endo new grad, they say she is really sharp and a female and that I would really like her.. I have decided to go with her, not opposed to young fresh thinking plus someone that is TTC age is just what I want "someone who can relate" :D so feeling good about this..

AFM- seriously. is the whole universe against me right now..... CD 9 and it appears I have a yeast infection... :doh: sure enough, I look it up and clomid can give you a yeast infection..... UGH... not sure what to do about this, have called the Dr and asked for advise... Seriously, why is it that I have to find out all this stuff the hard way... anyone have any good home remedies???? BD athon is right around the corner for me..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Second...why not ask doc for one pill of diflucan now and then it should be gone by time bd marathon starts!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s