Cycling On - Part 10

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Cycling On - Part 10

Postby tiffanynp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 am

Max, yeah I know..but it took 34days last time and it was a 9w baby as compared to this one at 5w..just was hoping it would be sooner. Oh well.
I am proud of you for going away..glad you are home with the babies :). And YAY for you for a new cycle. How much Clomid are you taking this cycle? Same dose as last cycle? Are you being monitored?

Question..have any of you seen that movie "this is 40"? We watched it this weekend..OMG, what an awful depressing movie. It was so hard to watch and really did kind of mess with my dreams..I was fighting in all my dreams. If you haven't seen it I don't recommend it.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 am

HI all,

Well I am back from the walking dead... and feeling better... really stinks to not be able to take meds, I came really close on Friday night to saying the hell with it all and getting some meds in me to feel better... but no I stayed the stupid miserable course and carried on with nothing to help me except my neti pot... which was a life saver and did wonders... If you have never tried one, I highly suggest it.. I swear by Sat AM I was almost back to my old self.. and today, I would say I am at 90%.. all done MED FREE.... :D

Shanessa- So excited you saw the HB... I smiled thru my misery when I read that... that is AWESOME... fingers crossed this next 2 weeks pass and you can breath easy and past your "past MC weeks"...

mom- sorry for the BFN and the yeast infection, wonder if that is throwing your body off??

Tiff- hopefully AF will arrive soon, I hate it when our bodies dont react when we want them to.. irriating.. I dont think the anno cycle will screw up the next month, I just think your body is adjusting back to a normal level, will just take time I suspect.

Star- you sound very happy.. Hope this is your prince and you get your happy ever after... you will have fun trying and dreaming of a renewed future... Fingers crossed it all works out soon for you.

Maxx- Welcome back, see below for round 2 of clomid updates...

Ray- Hugs, like Tiff said, I think we all see where you are and can relate.. Big hugs to you, this is so stressful and exausting over and over and over again to go thru... I to turn 44 this month, but for some reason, I just have this sense this is going to happen for you.. your FSH is good, so your eggs are good, just hang with it and DO NOT GIVE UP.. I also wonder if the progesterone is higher in your body right now and just taking time to disapate out thus no AF... keep us posted.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM- CD14, normally I would usually O today CD14 with no clomid, this is round 2 of clomid and to date have not had a whiff of O pain, until just the last hour or so, so I suspect I will ovulate in the next 2-3 days, I go for my ovulation ultrasound this afternoon so I will know more then but I suspect O is a few days off still...., its been a pitiful month, yeast infection, DH cold, me cold, no BD in prime time yet due to all the above... would be shocked with all the meds DH has taken if we managed to get a BFP this month.... who knows.. only time will tell.. I will update you all after my ultrasound.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Tiff - I'm sticking with the 50 mg. I basically got this script on the down low so I don't think I should mess with the dose. And since I got it on the down low I'm not monitored. I'm just going to guess which opk is right. I must be crazy.

TTC - i'll keep you updated too. Tonight is my last pill. Thursday I start testing for O.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Noregrets » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Yeah for the HB Shanessa! How awesome is that. I'm sooooo happy for you. Hopefully you can relax a little and start enjoying your pregnancy.

Mom - sorry to hear about the BFN... yeast infection is no fun. Have you tried taking some probiotics?

Star - you sound so in love! Maybe this will be the thing to bring on that BFP!

Hope you all are doing well! I'm on CD 12 and OPK is getting darker so I'll probably get a positive tomorrow which means I will O on CD 14. This is typical for me... I have your textbook 28 days cycle. Let's hope this cycle will be our lucky cycle!
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:21 pm

ok, went for my ovulation ultrasound....and now so confused... Have not really had the O pains this month but here is what they saw.

lining was good, 10.8.....saw 4 follicles, 3 on left, 2 small, 1 13mm, 1 on right 29mm.... So they gave me a trigger shot. Dr was VERY pleased with the size and said I am responding well to the clomid, trigger for me usually brings O in 48 hrs or so.. so I have some time to hopefully get the perfect BD in... I said I will go home and BD tonight and every night until I see temp rise... she said NOOOOOO... BD every other day... she was adimant that every other was best in giving sperm time to regenerate and become strong... I have read good and bad on both...

I have never heard of a follicle being 29mm and still be healthy, she said with clomid they can be as big as 25-30mm on the high side so she was not concerned. She did say that its possible the 13mm on the left side could get bigger and thru give me a twofer shot this month.... not getting my hopes up, but how cool would that be... twins.. A girl can dream... :D
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby shanessa91 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:18 am

Hello ladies!

Second - Glad you and DH are on the mend. No fun being sick at all. Excellent u/s news. Just so you know I have only ever gotten pregnant when we BD with spacing. Every other day, every two days, etc.. I am definitely going to keep my eye on you this cycle. :)

Noregrets - Here's hoping this is your month!

Tiff - I have not seen the movie (saw the previews though). Have to say you have got me curious now. I agree with Maxx. Could take a while for AF to return. In the meantime, you could focus on your training. Big things coming for you!

Oh Ray! Sweetie. :hugs: I don't forget the GOD forgets about any of us. I think he doens't make it easy for the most deserving so that we appreciate it a lot more. I have suffered through 4 m/c and 2 chems and am praying the suffering is over. I too have been angry and hurt but I always come back to him. I believe it was HIM who brought me to this forum of awesome women as a support and information resource. I believe it was HIM who led me to finding about fertility massage to straighten my tubes and HIM who encouraged me to take OvaBoost (which I think did it for me). I know it is so hard and I don't know if I am being helpful to you at all but don't give up on HIM Ray. :hugs:

Maxx - welcome back! Hope you had an awesome vacation.

Mom - maybe the yeast infection is messing with you this month. Or the diflucan??

Stat - Oh new love is so awesome. He sounds like a keeper. I hope things continue to progress and work out for you!

AFM - we had a fabulous time at the circus on Friday night. Those folks are really talented! Then spent the night in NYC so we could attend the international car show on Saturday. DH's birthday is today and that is what he wanted to do. I am not much into cars but it was nice. Bummed around on Sunday. DS and I hunted for easter eggs and just laid around all day.

Some details as promised:
I was so nervous before the u/s on Friday. I climbed on the table so slowly the tech asked me if something was wrong. :oops: She warned me that I was early so we might not see anything but as soon as she put the wand in she said Oh, there is the heart flicker. She turned on the overhead monitor so I could see. Like a wink of light! Then she turned the volume all the way up b/c she said it might be too early to hear but hear it we did! So of course, I cried like a baby. Kept thanking her like she created the hb herself. LOL

After the transvaginal u/s I began spotting darker pink/red (for the first time) on Saturday and with more volume. Still only on tp but scared me. Cut the car show short and tried to take it easy on Sunday. Reassured on Sunday by the continuously high BBT and the avalanche of symptoms (strong fatigue, nausea, nipples hurting, light headed/dizzy). The spotting has returned to brown as of yesterday and less volume again. :? I pray that it will just go away and give me some peace.
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:42 am

Second, WOW what a DIFFERENT response this time to the Clomid then last cycle. And, is the only thing you did different the cd5-9? I have to be honest (and please remember I know NOTHING); when I first read about your follicle at 29mm with a trigger shot it made me a little nervous too..but then your RE comes in with her knowledge and that made me EXCITED about the twin possiblity. YAY for twins. I am still in shock at how different your response was this time then last. You are responding BEAUTIFULLY!

Shanessa, Thank you for sharing your story..yes, I do think I would have been the same way with the sono tech. I am SO HAPPY for you and can feel your joy in your posts. So, did you take your ovaboost four times a day? I thikn I am going to cave and buy it..what do I have to lose right?

Noregrets..NICE going into the tww and it sounds like your cycle is wonderfully doing as it should. Did you ever have all of that testing done..I might have missed that...sorry.

Max, most women aren't moitored on Clomid so I wouldn't worry about it.

afm...cd31 and neg hpt (came in mail yesterday) with fmu this am. Got some af cramping but nothing exciting. Just waiting..UGH! I do def think I am NOT going to wait out this next cycle like RE suggested. Not sure about the hysteroscopy either. I say "no" but we will see what happens when af shows. Dh maybe wavering about that right now. We leave for conference in New Orleans next weekend...first time for dd on flight (I am so scared to have a crying baby) but this af holding off will also put O off and have us at home so if RE does want to do monitoring then he can so that is good. Guess I am going to go buy me some ovaboost.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:20 am

I'm on OvaBoost too! Can't hurt.
Second - twins are awesome. Just try not to have them too early!
Shanessa - I hope that spotting goes away soon. How nerve wracking.
Tiff - I'm glad not everyone is monitored because unless I buy ab ultrasound machine I have no clue what's going on in there.

Hi to everyone else!

Took my last Clomid last night. Will start testing for O on Thursday. Should be interesting.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:20 am

Hi all, I hope the Easter bunny will bring us all "golden eggs" this cycle. :D

Max - what cd are you on? How about you how are you feeling? How was your vacation?
I'm CD10 and took Second's advice and did Femara CD5 to 9 so I expect to O CD15-17 or there about. I actually did an OPK test CD8 and got a faded second line and last night an even more faded second line but that's normal for me just not so soon in my cycle... it will get darker in the next couple of days til the +OPK but I don't know what the Femara will do to me this cycle (taking it later) so I'd rather waste some OPK tests than miss my O!

Second- thanks for the advice. I did Femara CD5-9 this cycle so now patiently waiting for O.

ASM, So I had off for 4 glorious days with DS (and yes his 2 year old temper tantrums but it was worth it). I also had my fertility Naturopath appt last Thursday, her conclusions were:
1. PCOS tendency - indicated by LH/ FSH levels, acne tendency, pregnancy during weight loss,
family history of diabetes and easy weight gain.
2. Yeast intolerance indicates that there is a chronic yeast overgrowth in the body - rebalancing
will reduce overall inflammation and improve vaginal flora.
3. Egg quality based on age is still an issue to address.
4. You may be having too much intercourse prior to ovulation - timing discussed.
5. Progesterone levels are excellent (with prometrium).
6. No indication of autoimmune component to implantation difficulties.

So no new news with the egg quality thing and age. I came off the diet on Saturday! Woot!! The diet is modified but not a strict (nothing I can't handle). She was really surprised by lack of energy and only losing 2.5 lbs. for a whole month on the diet (even though I told her my body doesn't like that much protein)! I do have more CM so the diet and supplements did definitely help. Now what REALLY surprised me is that DH and I have been BDing TOO much :doh: She told me to have sex 5 days + prior to O and BD only on +OPK and day after. I told her that I know I O within 12 hours of +OPK but she didn't seem to pay much attention to that soooo I figure what the heck we will try day of +OPK and day after only for a month or two. I have a follow up in 4 weeks (20 minute phone consult) to see my progress and then we discuss more tests if needed. Oh yes, and I did bring up Vitamin D + K + Vitex she said yes to Vitamin D because I live in Canada - 2000 IU daily (we will test in 2 months), no to Vitamin K because I do eat at least 2 veggies daily and no to Vitex because I am using Femara (this cycle) and there doesn't seem to be an ovulation issue.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 am

Shanessa- everything sounds like it is going wonderfully, just hope that stupid bleeding stops for you soon.. :)

Noregrets- good luck this month, hope your time is right now... :D

TTC- WOW, great info... some of what she says about PCOS fits me as welll.... interesting on the BD, so weird how everyone has different thoughs on it, it makes it all the more confusing.. :doh: Glad you took the femara.. fingers crossed..

Maxx- Good luck with BD, hope it doesnt cause you to stress to much :)

Tiff- Glad AF is almost here for you and you can move forward... have fun on your trip..........I took same dose, same days this month as I did last month, only thing different is I started the 75mg of DHEA this cycle... so could that be playing a role???? unsure??? I do know the differences this month as compared to every other month are; I have had LOTS of sticky and creamy CM which I thought was a yeast infection, and still might have been, but now really not sure... maybe just heavy CM due to big follicle, no EWCM until today which is post trigger... no O pains like I always get, had twinges yesterday but thats all. My mind is wondering on me a bit, last night we did BD but it was the 1st time in 29 days :omg: due to AF, yeast infection then DH getting sick, me sick , so I am nervous about old sperm and think we should BD again tonight to be safe :doh: ... even though Dr says no.........and I also wonder if this large follicle is really a cyst since my cycle has been so different so far, I would have expected that if it was a egg that big surely I would have felt the O pain and maybe even more pronounced.... guess there is nothing I can do about it... just hope and wait out the month.
hi to everyone else
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 am

Second, you don't want to deplete your DH good sperm so you may want to consider BDing every other day to ensure DH has good supply. Plus they would be able to tell if you have a cyst vs a larger follicle. Did your RE state the average size of follicles she sees? It does seem a little big but you also have other follicles that can do the trick :wink:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Noregrets » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:14 am

Good morning girls!

Shanenessa - thank you for sharing your wonderful story. Made me cry too. You know I am just wondering if all your spotting is due to sensitive cervix and has nothing to do with the baby? My sister had that... where she would spot if she did the dishes, on her feet too much, DTD, got an exam, etc... but her baby was perfectly fine! So I pray that is just the case with you and the baby is developing beautifully.

Second - how cool it would be to have twins!! I will be stalking for news. :)

Tiffany - I had the HSG Femvue done last Wednesday which was my CD7. It was uneventful... the procedure itself was fine nothing more than a pap smear. Both tubes are wide open, no cysts, no fibroids and a pristine uterus. He also spotted 6 follicles on the right size with the largest was 13mm and another 9 on the left ovary. He said it was ok for my age so whatever that means. He also said that if we opted for IVF w/ genetic testing our chances of conceiving would be 75%. But we go on our own it would be 1% and only 5% if IUI. At least this time he said we can use my eggs where as before he said donor's eggs.

Anyway, we don't want to do anything invasive... so we opted for acupuncture with herbal pills and good old fashioned BD! Then we will take it from there. The great news is DH is fully on board now. He's sending me youtube videos of babies! If we're out and about he's stopping to admire other people's babies now (it used to be just me). He also told me he only wanted a girl. But we have two of those already. LOL. I don't really care as long as we are blessed with a healthy baby.
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am

Second, okay I am such an idiot. I thought you were originally on Clomid cd3-7 your first cycle and this was your second cycle and you changed to cd5-9. My brain was in a fog...so this doesn't shock me. I too would be a little concerned about a month old sperm..I'm thinking if it were me i would still bd tonight too. But, I am (unlike ttc and shanessa) one of those people that do the bd everyday and that is the ONLY way we get preggos..anytime we have done it less..never works. We are all different..so I dont' know. I would do what your RE says..because that is who is treating you and you have put your trust in :).

ttc...Your info from naturopath sounds good. I do think I probably have pcos tendencies too. I am glad you are pleased with her. I think trial and error that you are doing is a great idea. Different will hopefully bring a different result..a BFP!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful 4days off...glad you are back!

Noregrets..that sounds like WONDERFUL news and results from that testing. And, I completely agree all you can is exactly what you as a couple choose is the right path for the two of you! We all have a line and it feels good to know where that line is drawn. It sounds like that one that was already at 13 maybe your golden egg this cycle!!! FX!
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannabemom777 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 am

Hi everone. Anyway just completed round 2 of clomid 50mg days 3 - 7. Lol after 3 years of bfn, you kinda get used to it. Anyway I decided long ago I wasn't gonna get upset but just remind myself there is a time and place for everything,even a time to be born. Not easy though when you wanting that bfp. So glad to be a part of a group of ladies who understand. Thank you.

Anyway hubby keeps telling me he got a funny feeling I'm pregnant. Call it intuition or speaking by faith, anyway at first I was like yea right, but when I thought about it.....just maybe God was saying hey girl this is you time. So I'm staying positive for life and death is in the power of the tongue. All things are possible with God. Sarah waited 25 years for her miracle and was in her 90's when she fell pregnant.

At church on sunday the pastor introduced me to a woman who couldn't fall pregnant and now has a 6month old baby. (By the way we were visiting the church as we were on holiday at my inlaws). So I'm gonna praise Him even though the results are taking long to come. I know I will fall pregnant just leavinh it in Gods hands. And when that day arrives it will all be worth it.
Ttc #1
Ttc since 2009
Havnt been on bc for 20years.
Blocked tubes now inblocked. Started clomid
Clomid round 1 feb 28. Day 2 - 6. Bfn
Clomid round 2 mar 29 day 3 - 7.
I'm thanking Jesus for a bfp
Hubby on dr prescrip to improve mortility

There shall be no barrenness among you male or female. Thank you Father in advance for my Bfp
wannabemom777
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 am

quick question for everyone

I have not ovulated yet, expect to sometime today by the way I am feeling.. The Dr gave me a precription to have a day 21 progesterone blood test done and told me to go in this coming Monday to have it drawn, but if I dont ovulate until today then that will only be 5 days after O... do I wait and go 7 days after O or do I still go in for day 21 test? I am confused by that.. last month when I had it done I said to the nurse the day 21 will not be 7 days after O more like 5 days and my level could be lower and she said, well the clomid should make you ovulate on day 14 so you should still go in on day 21... which makes no sense to me, and my level did come back lower than they wanted.. of course my level will be lower because I am not 7 days past O... so now I am confused on when I should go...

any thoughts?
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s