Cycling On - Part 10

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On - Part 10

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:21 am

Happy Thursday everyone!

Momof2girls- so glad things are going well for you.. I was thinking about you the other day and hoping all was well... keep us updated on how the pregnancy is going.. :D

Shanessa- I agree with most everyone else, I am not sure your bleeding is coming from the uterus.. I got to wonder if its coming from someplace else, do you notice bleeding outside of using the restroom, meaning, have you gone to the bathroom and just wiped without going to the lu then checking?? Your momma sounds so sweet and happy right now.. so cool to be able to share this with her right now.. :D

Noregrets- in case noone else answered AFM means As for me...LOL.. I know, took me a while to catch on to the lingo also.. I to normally non clomid am a 28 day girl, day 14 O... so just trying to get used to the way clomid works with my body.. every other day will for sure get the job done, I found this interesting and it might help you since you know exactly your O day.... I was reading several articles last night on timing, most agree that it takes 10 hours for sperm to "capulate" to be able to penetrate the egg and most eggs will live for about 12 hrs, 24 if your young and spry... LOL... so if you can get your timing down to BD about 1/2 day before you O the sperm will be fresh and ready when the egg pops.. you may want to try that one...

TTC- I did call the Dr. this morning to get their opinion on what they want me to do, waiting to hear back... You have a great calm plan and I love what you had to say, timing sounds just perfect and really makes perfect sense.

Ray- wow... next week could be a BIG week for you... I will keep my fingers crossed it all works out and you can proceed...

mom- interesting on the low flow.... I just started DHEA this cycle, so I will let you know what it does for me.. and fingers crossed you get your Jan baby...

maxx- DH will be home in time I am sure, how did the clomid work for you last month, did you notice any lengthening in your cycle or O as a result of taking it?

Tiff- any news on AF???

AFM- well I did O late yesterday morning and my temp took a big jump this AM so I am 1 DPO... I am so glad we got that extra BD in and the timing was good, hope it was enough... DH and I talked last night, we are going to try this way thru July cycle and if not BFP then will move onto IUI.. as I will have 5 months worth of DHEA in my system, and will repeat the FSH test then as well to see if it has improved my level...

I leave for vacation to sunny HOT Florida this evening, I will be reading along on everyone and will try and check in when I can... CANT WAIT....... Have a great weekend everyone...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:51 am

Just wanted to update, I spoke with the Dr office, they want my progesterone level done on day 7 after O so they want me to go have the test done next Wednesday. So that clears that up...

Now the next thing is they want me taking these progesterone supps... 2 times a day for the next 14 days, I am debating on wether to take them this cycle or not, I have yet to have a true day 7 progesterone test, last 2 times they were done at 5DPO...... so I am thinking about not using them and see what my true level on day 7 is... My lining was nice and thick from the Ov ultrasound, so I should have a nice high level this month and if I dont then I can probably say I have low progesterone...

there... well writing all of this, I have my answer... taking control on what I think I need.... (thanks for the reminder Jenni :) ) just doesnt make sense to me to take them this month...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby momoftreasures » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:06 pm

This is what I was prescribed by my naturopath: http://harmonyzeolitedetox.com/index.ph ... id-zeolite

I am taking the "pure body" brand which can be ordered online. After spending all day researching its benefits for fertility ( as well as cancer, autism, Alzheimers, and a million other things) I felt the need to share the information with all of you. I think God allowed me to battle the yeast for 6 months so I would stumble upon this. I really feel like I have discovered a gold mine and want you to share it with me! Please read up on it. It might just help us old ttc'ers!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:34 am

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!

Momoftreasures - my anti-yeast diet is part of my treatment to determine if cervical fluid/semen have incompatibility - so I am working on clearing yeast (which showed up as "high" on my food tolerance test because I had too much yeast present); rebalance flora via anti-yeast diet and supplements (taking the NFH brand "Candida SAP" -then moving to Olive Leaf Extract (400-500mg per capsule) and Genestra brand "HMF Intensive" -then moving to Genestra “HMF Forte” - 2 capsules daily); lastly we tested my food intolerances as a marker of my immune system balance and it was high in yeast (this was suspected so that's why the diet and supplements above). So what I am thinking is that there is more to my anti-yeast diet then just the CM issue.

Second- I was told by RE that the progesterone supplements (I took 2 days after IUI) were to help keep the lining in ideal conditions for implantation and prevent MC. Just a thought... I am actually still taking prometrium supplements at 3DPO and my "day 21" progesterone test was 44 last month (on the prometrium), "above average and excellent level" according to my fertility naturopath. She said that as women hit 40+ their natural progesterone levels drop, the main reason why women over 40 are more apt to MC.

AFM, I am CD13 and last night’s OPK shows I should have a +OPK tonight. I have been having some pinching and twitches on my ovaries so I know it is around the corner. I also told my DH that we need to BD tonight and tomorrow night so there should be no excuses from him.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 am

Hello Ladies..gone for a day and miss a ton!

TTC...YOU are so gonna catch that egg this cycle because you had that NON-stress sex last night...hungry love stuff always works :). I am telling you..you are so PERFECT this cycle! You are going to be in the tww by Monday. And you switched it up with the cd5-9. Can't wait for this.

Second, SO jealous of your vacation. What a way to spend the tww! HAVE A BLAST. I too would have done like you and forgone the progesterone this cycle. You can start it at your first sign of a bfp. I just want to know if my body will do it without just once. And avoiding the side effects is nice too!

momoftreasures..I truly appreciate your prayers..sometimes I need prayers from others because I can't do it myself at times. I am excited about your cure of yeast and possiblity of Jan baby to go in your mother's ring..awesome!

Jenni, thank you for your lovely post and for coming back and sharing. We love you and value you here :). Your an inspiration. I love the Thing1 and Thing2 outfits..TOO CUTE!!! So glad the pregnancy is going well.

Ray, the plan sounds WONDERFUL. I too beleive that your tubes are not blocked! Wow, sedation huh..well, kup so we will know to be praying for you during this time. FX for IUI this coming week. Can I ask what the baseline u/s and bloodwork they are doing on cd2 includes?

Max, glad you did the Clomid. Looking forward to a busy bd weekend for you.

Noregrets, hoping your having some bfp symptoms for us next week :). FX!

afm...well, yesterday was the day from hell that turned out okay. I went to Ob office for repeat sono to look at cyst. I had to sit in OB office for 45minutes with every preg woman known to man..ugh. My sono was normal, ovaries in right places with no cyst! And my uterine lining was thick; looking like I should start af soon. Even better news got a call from RE; bloodwork is back and we have an appt on Monday at 2:30 to go over the bloodwork and hopefully get started THIS cycle with a bfp! Took dd for her 15month well-child check-up...my pedi is PREG too :(. REALLY. Can't catch a break! Anyway, dd has her first ear infection and is now on her first antibiotics :(. I went to bathroom at 11am and did a cervical check to check cm and the second time I did I did get pink tinged cm..hoping it is something and I just didn't scratch the crap out of myself and cause bleeding. Anyway, nothing since except some defintate cramping. So, ladies tomorrow or Sunday maybe cd1...which could really be perfect with RE appt on Monday! HOPEFUL! We will see.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend! Gonna ride 10miles and run2 tomorrow. I have to add swim 400m to that by one month from that for the tri..it is getting so close! :omg:

QUESTION...I did order that Ovaboost. I assume it will be here by Monday..should I start taking it or wait to see what RE says???
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kathe » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

At work, so just want to say best of luck to all those in the ttw and everyone getting close...wish I could send a personal message all your way...but work is crazy today!!

Just heard on the radio that Halle Berry is pregnant at 46!! You never know how these actresses achieve it, but who really cares right...good for her....I saw many "older" actresses when I lived in Beverly Hills go in and out of the fertility clinic across the street from my home that had always denied having any fertility treatments...it would be so nice if more of them shared their journey as we are all on one at this age and just want a baby...not really concerned about how we get it....at least that is my take. Funny side note....I also happen to have the same name as a semi famous actress from the 80's and could probably pass for a bigger less beautiful version of her from afar...so when I would go in and see my obgyn the paps would be outside and yell my/her name and when I would turn around they would say...not her and go about their business...!!! so funny...still not sure how they knew who had appointments which day, but they did!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Kathe

Postby tiffanynp » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:20 pm

afm...FINALLY some good news!!!! AF is here cd34!! I called RE office. We are going to keep appt as is on Monday at 2:30 if my flow is light enough he will do hysteroscopy at that time and discuss bloodwork and hopefully we can go forward with whatever plan is for THIS (yes I get to now say THIS) cycle to catch that bfp for my JAN baby :)!!!! YAY, FINALLY!!!
However, if I don't like his plan or whatever..I can decide to take the femara that night and do cd4-c8 and hopefully that will make my Jan baby :).
TTC#2 since June 2012.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:01 am

Hi ladies:

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been reading along though.

Tiff - Yay on AF. Now you can move forward with your plan. The OvaBoost will not interfere with what the RE will do. If anything it will enhance your outcome because it only works on your egg quality.

Second - Enjoy your vacation. Jealous of you! Wonderful way to spend the tww.

Jenni - wonderful hearing from you and getting your update. Excellent news on the testing. Those will of course give me more to be anxious over.

MomofTreas - I am so glad you feel the body drops are a gold mine for you! Wonderful that you are sharing your research and information with everyone!

TTC - Yahoo on the Hungry Sex! Can get out a lot of that tension going into the BDing.

Ray - your tubes will be a beacon of clarity. You just wait and see. Don't know what was going on with that other test. Let's hear it for cycle 7.

EOE - Hope you are successfully moving forward in your BFP pursuit. We need a lot more on this thread!

AFM - Spotting has dropped off significantly. Hardly see it anymore. In any event, I have decided to put it in God's hands and just move forward with the assumption all is great! I have my initial in depth appointment on Thursday a.m. Be nice to see the little jelly beans progress. Very busy at work so helps to keep mind off myself. :D Catch up with you ladies later!
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 am

Shanessa, did ovaboost make you TIRED and/or nauseous?? Man, it seems to be kicking my butt in the mornings. I take the four at night like you said. But, I get nauseous in mornings on way to work and am SO TIRED until around lunch time :(.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 am

Here is my update on RE appt yesterday....
Well, our blood work all came back normal except I have MTHFR. Basically, it is a mutated gene that can cause clotting with 2copies and with 1copy it basically metabolizes your bvitamins, and in turn your folate, faster then normal. So...CURE...take a perscription "foligard" (b6, b12, folic acid) one a day while ttc and two a day when preg. Also, GREAT news here: my ovarian reserve looked GREAT!!! And, my uterus was perfect. He did go ahead and perform the hysteroscopy right there. So, that was good to know!
His plan for us now..ttc on our own this cycle. He thinks there is NO reason we should not get preg. He actually didn't even want me to use the Clomid or the femara (well, I am using the femara already and will not stop unless needed).

Interesting info I learned while there....
Clomid increases preg rate by 1%; IUI by 10%, IVF 35-40%.
83% of preg happen in the first 3-4months on Clomid.

He also said while doing hysteroscopy..that he could tell my ovarian reserve by looking at ovaries and all the grey spots is where follicles could develop from. Usually in women in there 40's there is only one or two. I think I had six on right and 3 on left. But, he said, "Ob order that AMH test but RE can actually look at ovaries during this procedure for a more accurate number".

Just thought I would share all of that cool stuff.

WHERE IS EVERYBODY??? HOW IS EVERYONE???
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 am

Tiff - what GREAT news! I am so happy for you! I'm afraid to go have those tests done as I don't handle bad news well. And I don't think we will do anything medically if we can't conceive naturally. We will just count our blessings and move on.
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am

momoftreasures..I totally understand that. I would say with all of your treasures you have nothing to worry about dear. You are just looking to catch that golden egg :).
TTC#2 since June 2012.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm still here. Just so busy with work. Will update more tomorrow. Got a positive opk on I forgot what day but bd'd 2 days after so I'm out. Be back on tomorrow.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 am

Tiff, I am SO happy for you, finally able to move forward, this is such a good thing. Thank you for the kind words about this cycle I sure hope you are right! :D

Jenni, thank you for the inspiring story, it helps to here of the successful BFP when all the stats out there just keep knocking us over 40 TTCers down.

Shane, glad to hear spotting has reduced and keep up the great attitude, I know stressing will not help but no one can blame you for being concerned and that's what makes you a great mother

Momof, thank you for the information, I love learning new stuff about TTC and I also try to share my findings because if I can help just one of us to get a BFP I would be grateful (and envious as all heck :mrgreen: ). I share info but I just hope I don't offend anyone with trivial stuff that everyone knows. I remember when I first REALLY researched and TTC I thought I knew it all but after researching I realized I knew NOTHING about TTC.

Maxx, your timing may not be off … do you chart? Can you post it?

Kathe, I agree whole heartedly with you, why do women think it’s embarrassing to admit they cannot get a BFP on their own. Sharing the info would help others realize no you can’t actually wait until your 40 to have a baby like Jennifer Anniston or Halley Berry, etc. It gives women a false sense of hope. I love what 10thtimearound does; she gives the book Taking Charge of your Fertility as a wedding gift!

Second, I hope you have a fabulous vacation

Hello EOE, sorry if I missed your posts but if you miss one day, you seem so far behind!

AFM, I am super excited about this month, after a couple of “drama queen” moments about my +OPK I actually did O on CD14 (FF confirmed) so our BD timing was perfect. Well I jumped the gun sort of according to Fertility Naturopath we should have BD on day of +OPK and 1 day after only, well because of my Drama Queen meltdown we actually did the day before O, the day of O and the day after O. I have never had such great timing (because we would be so worn out that we would stop the day of the +OPK). So with the anti-yeast diet cleanse complete last month (increasing my natural CM), taking Femara CD5-9 (instead of CD3-7 … thank you Second for the info), my weight loss so far (14 lbs. from January 1, 2013), great BD timing (oh and DH climaxed 2x on the BD the day after O … that never happens); and a long surge (I forgot to mention I tested again CD15 and I got a semi positive OPK, I’ve never had that before…Tiff actually helped me identify it was a long surge) …. I think this is the best cycle yet! I’ll start POAS on Monday 9DPO because I don’t test on weekends (and potentially wreck my time with my DS). I hope this is my cycle!!!! Please, please, please…. Oh last thing, I have a family doctor appointment for DS on April 19 so I am going to see if he will RX Clomid for me since Femara has not worked but hopefully I don’t need to and I will be asking for blood tests to confirm my BFP (one can only dream right!)
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:32 am

TTC - everything looks GOLDEN for you this cycle! I will put in an extra prayer for you! And thank you for the compliment. The best (and worst) thing anyone can ever do for me is comment on my mothering skills. :D

Tiff - I don't recall any nausea, some fatigue sometimes yes. Try taking them a bit earlier (like early afternoon instead of evening) to allow them enough time to work into your system before you get up for the next day, maybe? Excellent news from the RE! My RE also put me on the prescription Folgard. I have been taking just one a day everyday even after my BFP. I also take a B12 complex aong with the prenatals so I think I am covered but it is something that I will discuss with my OB tomorrow. You already knew you had a great reserve b/c you keep getting pregnant (great to have medical confirmation though) now you just need an answer to how to keep the baby (that was my issue prior to the tube convolution. I could get pregnant but kept m/c). I swear your journey is sounding so familiar. I think with the OvaBoost to increase the quality of the eggs in reserve and the Folgard to help with the vit B and folic acid you will soon get that take home baby!

Hello EOE!

AFM - Tomorrow is my "initial" appointment (been to the OB office three times for bloodwork and u/s but never examined cervix, etc). I will be 8 weeks. The last time a pregnancy went this long for me I had DS. :D DS had T-ball practice last night and one of his teammates has a little brother (about 1) and DS had a great time playing with him. Made me hopeful for the future. :)
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s