Cycling On - Part 10

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On - Part 10

Postby tiffanynp » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am

Shanessa, I am SO EXCITED abuot your appt tomorrow. And, what a sweet thing to see your ds playing with a younger child..a look into your sweet future. Makes my heart smile for you and your family :).

Second, hope your enjoying that beach still. Your chart still looking good too :).

TTC, yes you totally ROCKED this cycle!! WOW, dh orgasm twice..must been some good lovin..you go girl! Maybe that was the key and the rest of this is all mumbo jumbo..haha! Whatever it is I hope this is the one for you! I do have to admit because I was making so many changes this cycle I was too scared to change my femara to cd5-9. I might next cycle. Did you O later then your normally do? Is this your third cycle on femara? Have you done Clomid in the past, I can't remember.

Max, oh hun..you never know, if you got a pos opk and then bd two days later..your surge could have lasted that long and you could have honestly bd on O day which DOES WORK. I wouldn't count yourself out for sure!

We are leaving for New Orleans tomorrow for the weekend thru Monday. I will have to catch up with you girls on Tuesday. HOPING I am seeing a BFP on here from TTC and I know it will be a GREAT update from shanessa! Maybe a BFP on here from Second too..she should be testing next week. GONNA get exciting!!! I should O late next week :).

Ray, how are you hun??? How is the testing and everything going?
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 am

Hi everyone

Vacation is AWESOME. weather is gorgeous, I wish I could live my life like this every day... LOL. it has been a great way to spend my 2WW and this time with DH has been refreshing.

I have been reading along when I can. I will catch up early next week with everyone. Nothing for me going on except just in wait and see mode.
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Tiff - we'll see. If it doesn't happen maybe that's for the best right now. We are close to selling the house and will be moving so maybe it's better if the bfp happens after I'm settled.
TTC - I still want to be your bump buddy!
Shanessa - Enjoy tomorrow!
Hi to everyone else! Will be better about posting and personals.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby raybuth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 am

Hello Ladies.
I know I have been absent for almost a week and I am sorry for that! I'm having a really tough time at work with one of the projects I am leading. And then...I smashed the screen on my iPad and lost my means of communication! I have a lot of catching up to do to find out what is going on with all of you. Please give me a day to get caught up on personals.

I had my SS (selective salpingogram) yesterday, so they could check my tubes. As it turns out, they were both blocked completely :( . Quite frankly, I was stunned to hear that was true :omg:, but it is nice to have a reason (besides my old lady eggs) why we are on cycle 7 without success . However, they were able to unblock both successfully during the procedure yesterday :jump: :jump: !!

I am off to the RE for my u/s to see if my follies have grown and get an idea of when the IUI will be. According to my latest OPK, I am not even close to O. Given I have been getting an early surge, I find that surprising. I am anxious to hear what the RE said and VERY hopeful that they will allow us to proceed to the IUI this cycle!

I'll try to post again tonight and get caught up on personals. Hugs to all.
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:12 am

Oh, ray, I am so happy to hear they unblocked both tubes! What hope that must give you! We need some bfp's on here! I ovulate today and my dh is sick. Blah. Last bd was Monday so on to the next cycle for me :'(
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Noregrets » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 am

Good morning all!

Tiff - that's great news! Now you can start all over again. Praying you will get your miracle soon.

Momoftreasures - I'm in the same boat as you. While I would LOVE nothing else than to have another baby... I'm not sure I will do anything extreme to get there. So like you I might just count my blessings and move on. Especially when this whole TTC gets to me and I can't be a good mom to my kids or a good wife to my wonderful DH. :(

Maxx - you might still have a chance! You never know!

TTC - your timing sounds PERFECT!! I have a good feeling about you! Will be stalking for updates. :)

Shanessa - I cannot wait to hear about your appointment!

Second - welcome back... glad to hear you had a wonderful time. It's always wonderful to spend relaxing time with your loved one. Wish we can do that all the time. When will you be testing?

Ray - that's the BEST news EVER!! Hopefully you will get that BFP next month now that the paths are cleared!! Praise God!

AFM - Today is 9DPO and I'm out. I have tons of PMS symptoms and none of my pregnancy symptoms. Plus I have always been an early implanter...so by 8-9DPO I would test positive. But nope, none of those tell-tale signs. I must admit, this is getting to me. I have been pregnant 5 times w/out any effort or knowledge. We were careless and I fell pregnant. I liked it that way much better. Of course it doesn't help when the 10th woman on my street just gave birth. My neighbor just announced she's pregnant a few days ago... so that will make 11 women pregnant in less than a year! My three friends, one had a boy last July, another a girl this January and the 3rd is due in June. If that's not enough... my cousin just emailed me last night to say she's 4 months pregnant! Really? That's 16 babies (one neighbor had twins) w/in a year!! No matter where I turned I simply cannot escape. I will go into my cave and lick my wounds. :(
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 am

Shane - LOL I feel he same way … compliments only on my parenting skills otherwise keep your opinions to yourself! OMG 8 weeks already, only 4 more than you should be in the clear! The first trimester is so nerve wracking, when the second one came I was worried because I didn’t have any symptoms lol … but I’m a worrier, it’s what I do best 

Tiff - thanks as always for the encouraging words. By changing my Femara I O’d 5 days after the last medication day, for example if I took Femara CD3-7 I O’d CD12, this time I took it CD5-9 and I O’d CD14. It just made too much sense what SecondChance said that I just needed to mix things up … I don’t care about multiple follicles because I am not getting any ART but I just need one “golden” egg to do the trick. Yes this is my 3rd cycle on Femara (this time around), I usually go 2 months off, 3 months on, etc. The only reason I do this is because both times I did get a BFP on Femara was on the 2nd cycle of Femara. My body reacts well to medication so I gave it a rest after 3 cycles and try again. I have never done Clomid but if this cycle doesn’t give me a BFP then I am asking family doctor for RX when I see him on April 18! But I’m hoping I don’t have to! Have fun in NO!

Second – glad to hear about your vacation. You must feel so relaxed right now.

Maxx – BUMP BUDDY!!!! How are you doing hon? What CD/DPO? I’m DPO 5 now

Ray – Wow how exciting! I can’t wait to hear what RE has to say.

Momof – sorry to hear about DH being sick .. what timing!! Did you happen to get some BDs in before today?

Noregrets – Sorry to hear about no sxs. What bad luck with so many pregnancies around you, I honestly don’t know how you can deal with it… but you are a much better women than me … I would be a pile of goo on the floor. What helps me is that I have one day of feeling sorry for myself (My personal pity party) usually CD1, I rant, cry, give up TTCing forever then CD2 right back at it with the outlook “new cycle new chance”. I also try to do research in my TWW of things I can improve on for next cycle, whether it is drinking more water to help my CM, or finding a new food or tea that helps TTC, etc. That way I have something “new” to add to my next TTC cycle and I seem more hopeful. :hugs:

AFM – I am 5DPO and I have a new sxs, my cervix is so high I can’t reach it! I hope this is a good sign … it is way too early to test so I am super excited to test Monday where I will be 9DPO. My temperature sky rocketed this morning too. :jump:

I sure hope I am not setting myself up for failure this month! My DH is trying to get my head out of the clouds and be more realistic! I mean I even researched how soon you can schedule a C Section (7 days before week 40 for those who are interested) because my due date would be December 28 and I don’t want to spend Christmas in the hospital …. O PLEASE help me now! :doh:
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:34 am

I managed to get my dh home from work (he's sick anyway so good excuse) and I told him I would do all the work. Set the older kids up with school work, gave the littles finger paint (you should see the aftermath LOL) and took care of business. Here's the thing though - I took a lot of zinc yesterday trying to prevent myself from getting dh's yuck and it dried me up. Either that or I ovulated yesterday. BUT the opk just went super dark this morning so, once again, I'm confused and clueless. Why would it get dark after I ovulated and dried up? I have no problem admitting I am completely stupid in this area.
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:39 am

Momof - you CANNOT possibly stupid in this area if you were successful 7 times! :omg: I just read the following about zinc and CM " Cervical mucus contains trace building block containing iron, mangenese, zinc, copper and selenium, the levels of which vary dependent on cyclical hormone distinction during different phases of the menstrual cycle (periods)." so I don't think it is that. I think you may have O'd ... but still you may not be too late. Btw good job getting all the kids pre-occupied! :wink:

It could have been all the distractions making it not and "ideal" environment.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:17 pm

No, I'm stupid in this area! Every other time was one try except for my third which took two tries. I never had to think or worry about anything! Never learned anything beyond ewcm means ovulation. I am on a steep learning curve here!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby momoftreasures » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Ok, my cervix is still wide open but birdbrained me forgot to take the mucinex! We don't get pregnant unless I take something that thins the mucous. I took some about2 hours after the fact. Sigh. Maybe we will try again tonight but I know that can be detrimental. Maybe all the fish oil, lemonade, and pressed did the trick. I could just kick myself - for forgetting the mucinex and for taking bucket loads of zinc (and a little Nyquil, too).
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby raybuth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Hello Ladies. As always, thanks to all of you for the wonderful support. We sure all have our ups and downs during this process!

Jenni – I am glad to hear the show wrapped up well and that things are progressing well for you.

Shanessa – I am excited to hear about your appointment today. 8 weeks. How wonderful!!

Kathe – I was excited to see about Halle Berry too, especially since she was not even TRYING. How wonderful!

Tiff – I hope you have a fabulous trip to NO. I’m glad you’ll make it back in time for O.

Second – I am so glad that you are enjoying your vacation and that the weather is good!

Noregrets –I understand the frustration of watching everyone around you get pregnant while you wait yet another cycle. I hope you are jumping the gun by declaring yourself out. Here’s hoping that AF fails to arrive.

TTC – I love to hear that your temp is so high and that you are experiencing new symptoms!

MomofTreasures – I hope that all the fish oil, lemonade, and pressed did the trick for you and that the lack of mucinex will be okay.

Max – How are you?? Are you sure you’re out this cycle?

Hello to EOE! Please forgive me if I missed you!

AFM – So much is happening so fast! I had my mid-cycle check and u/s today and the results were great. For CD10, I’ve got three great follicles at 23mm (right), 18.5mm (left) and 19mm (left). There are also two smaller ones on each side that are 11-12mm. My lining is a 9, so things look as good as I could ever expect :D . This was very exciting and I spent the day checking OPK’s (I took 4!) and yet, no positive. The RE called at 4:15 and indicated that the blood work indicated that I was starting to surge. Just to be safe, they gave me a Trigger shot at 7:15pm. They’ve decided the follies look great and we need to take advantage. Then they surprised me that they want to do two IUI :shock: . So I am scheduled for IUI #1 tomorrow at 11am and IUI#2 Saturday at 10:30am. I think I am going to burst with anticipation :omg:
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:26 am

WOW, I mean WOW Ray, this is your cycle I can just tell, EVERYTHING looks fantastic. PLEASE keep us updates on BOTH IUIs. :happyforyou:
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:11 am

Oh, ray, I can just feel it, too. This HAS to be it for you. All fingers and toes crossed and prayers being sent!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby shanessa91 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:28 am

Hello ladies - Am I the only one having problems with the site crashing everytime I try to post? :x

Anyway....

TTC - Your chart is looking FANTASTIC! Like climbing Mt. Everest. No early dips just all up and up. I am so hopeful for you this cycle. I too am a consumate worrier. I am more relaxed now than a few weeks ago but honestly I don't believe I will completely relax until delivery day. LOL

Ray - Good Follies - check. Tubes wide open and newly flushed - check. Sperm being delivered right to target (IUI) - check, check (two IUIs). This is so your cycle. So excited for you!

MomofT - you may not have needed the Mucinex if you used the Preseed. Don't beat yourself up or count yourself out yet.

Noregrets - what is in the water in your neighborhood?!? :omg: Girl, you better get you some of that water. LOL Every pregnancy is different with diff sxs. Maybe this one will surprise you. I hope so.

Maxx - good thinking with the kids. If you turn up a BFP (and don't count yourself out yet) it will be a funny story to tell.

Second - so glad you are enjoying vaca. Need to bottle some of that sunshine for when you get home.

Tiff - Have a blast in NO! I haven't been back since Katrina so would love to hear how the city is doing. I remember the food was awesome. Drinks weren't too bad either. LOL I hope DD did OK on her plane rides. How are you doing with the OvaBoost?

AFM - had my 8 week appt. I go to an OB practice with several docs (all women) but I have two favorites - the one that delivered my DS and the one that conducted some of my D&Cs. The one that delivered DS is not doing OB anymore. :( My appt was with the other one. First thing she did when she came in the room was give me a big hug. :) Made me all teary eyed. :roll: I think she was more excited than me. :) She knows my saga and how long I have been trying, the losses and the age thing and the whole nine yards. Anyway, everything is looking Great! She even saw that the spotting was EXTERNAL to the cervix. Told me it was completely normal with the high levels of hormones the least little thing can make the OUTSIDE of the cervix give off some bleeding. But the cervix was closed nice and tight so not INTERNAL bleeding. :D No u/s because "everything is looking great and we would only need to do another if there was a problem". Would love to have seen and heard the baby again. sigh. Took bloodwork to establish baselines and recheck hormones. I go back in 4 weeks where I will have another u/s. We discussed diagnostic testing and I elected for non-invasive so a Nuchal Translucency (u/s) and Harmony (blood) testing. Never heard of the Harmony but she explained that it has far fewer false positives that some other blood testing that has been done in the past. This pregnancy is a lot more tiring than with DS in that it leaves me short of breathe alot plus I am 5 years older and I have a preschooler to take care of so can't lay down whenever I want to (how do you multi time mommies do it? I feel like such an incompetent weakling :( ). Plus, I have a new demanding role (started in January) and I am overseeing the renovation of our back yard (DH doesn't have the patience or availability to converse with the contractors to do it. Plus I think he is afraid he might do something I wont like - LOL). Can't wait until I reach 12 weeks so I can at least clue my boss (great guy) into what is going on. :) Not complaining though. Last night, started feeling the best that I have been feeling in a while. :) Hope it continues.... Little funny - told mom that already having trouble with the buttons on some of my pants. She replied Hmm, could be baby but weren't you complaining about "pants shrinking" (wink, wink) BEFORE pregnancy? Could do nothing but laugh because she was right. :rofl:
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s