Cycling On - Part 10

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Cycling On - Part 10

Postby momoftreasures » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:01 am

Shanessa - the couch is my only friend when I am pregnant! All day sickness hits at 6-7 weeks and I am flat out with the boys until 15 weeks and 22 weeks with my daughter! It is literally too much for me to lift my arms to wash my hair and I can't make it through a whole shower without sitting down. So I taught my older ones how to do laundry, cook, and clean, and all I do is baby care. It helps that I homeschool and they are here to help. We just double up on school work once I feel better. Then the baby is born and I fall in love and it was all worth it. Before my last pregnancy, my oldest was begging for another baby and I said " isn't it too hard on you?". He said he would do anything and it is SO worth it! Love him! It actually gets easier when you have a lot and they are old enough to help. I lost my mind completely when I had 3 under 4!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby raybuth » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:20 am

Hello Ladies!
Based on my temp today, I suspect my temps will tell me nothing this cycle. I had a HUGE spike, but the RE says that is the Trigger shot and not early O, since I have not yet O'd. IUI #1 is done! There is great news that DH had a sperm count of 65 million today, when they only needed 5 million for IUI. My CM also looked great, so the swimmers should be nice and comfy while we wait for the eggs to burst free to freedom :).

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful support. Hugs to all. Personals to follow later.
Me: 44, DH: 43
DSS: 18, DS: 10
TTC Cycle #1 - #5 - Naturally
TTC Cycle #6, Femara
TTC Cycle #7, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 4/12/13 & 4/13/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #8, Femara/Trigger/IUI - 5/9/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #9, Femara/IUI - 6/4/13 - BFN
TTC Cycle #10, Femara
TTC Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
raybuth
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby maxxiniko » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Back from my weekend.

Ray - your looking good for this cycle!

Shanessa - I still can't believe that you are truly pregnant! I mean that in a good way. It's amazing.

TTC = my bump buddy :) I don't know what dpo I am. I should be around like 9.

Second - what dpo are you?

Hi to everyone else. I just think I'm out this month. No signs no nothing. Not even a hint of PMS. We are moving in July so maybe this is better. But I can't help feeling that I'm not working hard enough at this and not having enough positivity that I'm losing valuable cycles. Isn't that crazy?
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:46 am

Hi all, I will do personals tomorrow, today just too tired! My DH is his infinite wisdom thought he would transition DS crib into a day bed after he came home from work last night at 7:15 p.m. (as DS found out how to escape crib we can never keep him in it) … so DH and I spend the night tag teaming to sleep beside DS day bed as he would wake up scared or just not want to sleep because he has a “new bed” (too excited or just didn’t like the change). I was lucky to get 1 continuous hour of sleep last night.

So in stating that my temp dipped a little bit this morning again (nothing drastic and still over 37 Celsius) … just I was liking the climbing temps. BTW same thing happen yesterday with DS and no sleep (escaping his crib and he had an exciting day with friends over form breakfast Saturday and 1st day of swimming lessons so he was super hyper all day). Does lack of sleep make temp drop or rise, anyone know?

I’m 9DPO and had a BFN this morning PLUS my face broke out (a sure sign AF is on her way) so I am exhausted, emotionally spent (due to lack of sleep) and just need a hug and a shoulder to cry on as I am not really as optimistic about this cycle. I checked previous cycles in FF and yep 8DPO and later is when my face started to break out then AF arrived. I thought it could be adding yeast back to my diet, lack of sleep, anything but not AF. I tell you no one better make me mad at work today because i will eiher cry or they better be weary of the b**ch switch.
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 am

HI everyone

I am back in the real world......SIGH... I have alot of catching up to do and will get it done soon... :)

12DPO today, nothing diff this month from any other month... so expect AF Friday.. ugh... I am not a tester, cant take the mental anguish that comes from it so will wait it out and see. I did not end up taking the progesterone this month, but did get my progesterone test done at 7DPO so it should give me a honest result.. and will go from there next cycle... I have a call out to my OBGYN to get a estrogen test done, anyone know when in your cycle that needs to be done???

Went to endo this morning, I like her, she does not think my thyroid is a TTC issue since my cycles are normal, she did say once we get it stabilized it may help adjust my body overall... but she also thinks if I was having low estrogen and progesterone I would be having irregular periods and/or would be having spotting.. so I think at the end of the day it all comes down to my high FSH and doing what I can to get that lowered... have been taking the DHEA for 30 days now, so hopeful will see some improvement starting next cycle or so...

I will catch up soon... :D
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:41 am

Tiff – how was your trip to New Orleans?

Noregrets - any sign of AF?

Momofteasures – have you always used Mucinex? How often do you take and when? I figure I might as well ask the women who has successfully had 7 kids!

Raybuth - what fertility meds are you on? Sometimes fertility meds mess with OPKs and temps. I am super excited for you this cycle.

Shanessa – I now do my posts in a Microsoft Word and cut and paste into the site because more than one I have done all my personals only to have the site crash. It is so frustrating. Thank you for the comment about my chart, I am so hopeful this month .. I did have a few dips but that was to inconsistent sleep as my DS learned to climb out of his crib then we transitioned it to a day bed so we had no sleep trying to have him sleep his “big boy” bed (which btw he is sleeping on floor on pillows beside his big boy bed!). I am so glad you have a good OB and more importantly everything is great with your progress. I love the fact you got an answer regarding the spotting issue and shared it with us for those who experience the same thing! You are approaching the 2nd trimester “honeymoon” (where sometimes symptoms are less intensive) so you will get your energy back soon. Do you have family nearby to help with the little one while you rest on the couch?

Max – BUMP BUDDY! Sometimes no signs of either are good! Don’t count yourself out until AF arrives. Sorry Max I don’t remember but are you temping or taking supplements, seeing a RE, OBGYN, or acupuncturist? I’m not suggesting anything just wanted an update. I sometimes get people mixed up on this site is all.

Second – I wasn’t a tester either until I joined this forum lol. What is your typical LP? Are you sure you are out this cycle?

AFM- I had 2 days of slightly lowered temps because my DS figured out how to escape his crib then we transitioned to a day bed and DS decided not to sleep that night.. Finally I had a fairly good night sleep and temp rose a bit. I am 10DPO and got a BFN … I’m not too worried because my temps are still high.
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 am

Ttc - we have never prevented a pregnancy but did not get pregnant our first year of marriage. Then on our first anniversary I was sick and the sex was obligatory ;). I took Sudafed PE and got pregnant. I have taken it every time since and it never took me more than two tries to get pregnant. Until now. I have been using mucinex (because of reading on this site that Sudafed is bad) no avail but I have the yeast issue so who knows... I am going back to the Sudafed PE next cycle. I don't know why I question myself so much! I just take it every 4 hours the day before and day of ovulation.
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffanynp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 am

momoftreasures...okay I will be picking up mucinex on Thursday and will take it this weekend for sure!

TTC..hoping your temp being up is a good thing. Sounds like you got a lot of stuff happening with the transfer to the big boy bed. I do hope you get some sleep. We will do that for dd when she is two, I think. Would sure like a reason to move her room...like a baby#2!!!

Max, no symptoms are actually a GREAT thing. My last two bfp I had no symptoms. I hear that very often with bfp.

Ray, OMG, SO EXCITED for you!!! Wahoo. I can't wait for you to start testing. When can you start testing with the trigger?

Shanessa, hum...sorry about the fatigue :(. But oh the sweet trimester is coming :). And, love your OB and the excitement she had for you too! I really am SO EXCITED to read your updates..makes my heart smile.

Second, sorry about you feeling out..but that illnes you went thru really could have messed with you. Hoping you get a surprise bfp in a few days :). Good info on thyroid and cycles. I think you are doing everything you can at this time to get that golden egg to drop. Don't lose hope dear!

Max, I know that feeling of "I'm not workign hard enough". I get that..but sweetie you also have to remember ultimately it is not in our hands and sometimes His time being better is seen much later and after the fact. Just try to "DO more" (whatever that is) next cycle...because it will make you feel better about it :).

afm..New Orleans was a fun trip. dd did great on the plane; slept both ways! NO is way too crowded of a place for us..they were having a festival so that made it worse..but good gravy there was people everywhere and they were up at all hours of the night. The first night heard a trumpet at 3am. Dd loved the cheap stroller we bought at CVS..thank God...she kept saying "Ride, go" and didn't want to get out. It was really a lifesaver because we walked everywhere. We went to the aquarium (AWESOME) and ate some really good food. Good first trip for us. No rush to go back though.
cd12 today with just starting watery cm and very light opk this am. Looks like going to be a late O for me. But, that is okay..because it is so much easier with O to come on weekend. Will bd every other day tonight and then watch strips. For some weird reason I just don't think it will happen this cycle. It makes me mad that I think that..but it is true. I won't not try but just am not feeling it this cycle :(.
Swam 1mile yesterday..HARD, then rode 20miles on bike..EASY. So, my triathalon is in 27days. Gotta focus on that too. Anyway, that is me :).
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:05 am

Hi everyone, work in crazy post vacation as I expected which is making it hard to read thru and comment on everyone so I apoligize in advance for my lack of comments. :)

Ray- I have a good feeling this is your cycle.. I am stunned about your tubes being closed, wow.. I would have never guessed that..

TTC- Glad temps are still high.. this may be your month.

Tiff- glad you had a fun time, excellent on your training, you go girl....

momoft- Go with your gut... the sudefed may do the trick for you.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM- 13DPO, having some cramping and CM is twinged brownish/red, so I suspect I am out and waiting for AF... did hear back from the Dr yesterday and my 7DPO progesterone test was 14.7 just where they wanted it to be, as I figured, I did not believe I had a progesterone issue and still go back to my issue being my high FSH... so will focus on lowering that and pray the DHEA supp works on improving that soon... from what I have read it can take 3-6 months to see real solid results.. I am 1 month down now and it does not appear to be giving me any negative side effects...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maxxiniko » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:07 pm

TTC - I'm doing nothing this month. I took my Clomid, got a positive opk and that's it. I don't know what cycle day I'm on but it's close to 11 dpo. If we get AF this cycle we'll just try again next cycle!
Tiff - yes you are right it's in someone else's control. Deep down inside I know the timing now is wrong. But I get scared thinking I may have lost the golden egg. New Orleans is too crowded and crazy.
Ray - I forgot to say congrats about the tubes!
Second - I hope AF stays away.
Shanessa - I still can't believe you're pregnant! You can start announcing it soon!
Hi to everyone else.
Like I said I'm around 11 dpo. I really don't expect anything with this cycle. I was actually cold today in my office. I should be hot if I'm pregnant! I google "pregnancy natural 42" (and add 2013 sometimes) to read some positive stories but I think I've read them all. I'm not 42 yet either but if I read a positive 42 yo story then I feel better about 41. Ok I'm just going to pray for now.
maxxiniko
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:45 am

Momoftreasures – I am SO buying Sudafed PE tonight for next cycle lol. THANKS! I have an issue with lack of CM and no EWCM. :oops:

Tiff – So glad you had a great time in NO and the training is going fabulous! I use to train for TRIs (in my late 20s early 30s) but then I got nasty shin splints and could no longer run …. I miss it and am so envious you are doing it! As for NO I’ve always wanted to go but heard it was crowded so not for me … I am too claustrophobic (not to mention the flight there … no way and they won’t even let me open a window!! I’m the type of person who does their Christmas shipping in October to mid-November after that all on-line because I get anxiety attacks in crowds. :oops:

Second – Sorry to hear about AF but awesome about progesterone levels! Good luck with DHEA, did doc say you could take anything to help lower FSH? Have you thought of having a one-time 20 minute consult with a Fertility Naturopath to see what else you can take to lower FSH? I have a follow up on April 25 with my Fertility Naturopath although my FSH is higher than she would like (last tested at 12) let me see if I can discretely ask if we should be looking at lowering my FSH and what I should take… I’ll let you know if she provides info. :shh:

Max – have you thought of taking your BBT? I find it is very valuable but I know it is not for everyone. What days did you take your Clomid and what was the dosage?

AFM- BFN this morning at 11DPO, temps still high but losing faith! I have already started a plan for next month .. Clomid instead of Femara (provided doc gives me RX), at least 9 cups of water daily for CD1 to 3DPO and Sudafed PE every 4 hours before and day of O! I have a plan, now I don’t feel so depressed as I’m no longer getting a warm fuzzy this cycle.

****FOR THOSE CLOMID USERS OUT THERE WHAT IS YOUR DOSAGE? **** :hugs:
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shanessa91 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 am

New page ladies....See you on part eleven!
Me 43, DH 47 DS 6
MC – 4/06 (5wks, nat), 7/06 (blight ovum 6wks, d&c), 2/09 (molar 5wks, d&c), 4/10 (nat)
Fibroid surg. – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09
01/07 - BFP! - DS born 10/2007
HSG –12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydro; HSG 01/13 -tubes open. Poss convolution/dilation on left
Took ttc break 2011 (new job/loss of father)!
IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3
IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6
FET 08/12 - 1 embryo - BFN
03/08/13 - 13DPO - BFP!!
03/13/13 Beta 170, Progesterone 13.51
03/18/13 Beta 1035, Progesterone 12.18

03/29/13 U/S - Saw and heard HB! 118bps
05/31/13 - DS loss at 15 weeks

"For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37)
shanessa91
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby momoftreasures » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:46 am

Ttc - taking fish oil has given me quite a bit of extra ewcm. It's worth a try and really good for the baby if you do get pregnant. Then you can thin it out with the Sudafed PE and the swimmers will be home free!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s