How long are you willing to Ttc for?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

How long are you willing to Ttc for?

Postby 10thtimearound » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:28 pm

How long will you Ttc? Being I just turned 43 last month and seeing a RE Dh and I are going to give it 100% and pull out all the stops medically. I thought we would keep going till I got pg but after my Birthday I started to thinking...hmmm soon I will be looking to be delivering at 44 and suddenly I felt OLD! I think we may try for 1 more year and if nothing then time to move on. Does anyone else feel age restricting the time left to Ttc?
Birth/Grief Support Doula, Busy Mom to 9 ttcing #10

5 girls ,4 boys. 22,20,18,( 5 years unexplained infertility) 11,10,8,7,5,2

Nine 1st trimester losses, Two 2nd trimester losses at 17 wks(Pathology came back normal both times) :(
ImageImageImage
My Ovulation Chart
10thtimearound
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: How long are you willing to Ttc for?

Postby momoftreasures » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm

I will never stop hoping until menopause is complete! I have been sitting here for hours holding a sick 4 year old and just talking to and watching the rest of my children, thinking I want to do this forever. Not the sick, part, of course! But God has placed me in a circle of friends where many of them have conceived well past 40. One just had her 10th at 48. Another had her 4th at 44 with only one ovary. I could list 7 without even thinking hard. They give me so much hope!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 10thtimearound » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:33 pm

I know what you mean about having as many as God blesses you with! I have a huge support network but I am the only one with more then 3/4 kids. We love having a large family and DH is Praying so hard for twins if we get pg again. we are thrilled to be blessed with 9 kids and would love more but we are ok emotionally with having what we have now. We had started out hoping for 12 but with losing 2 at 17 weeks and so many early losses we don't think that will happen..unless triplets! LOL My daughter and her Husband are planning a baby in a year so IF I don't get pg I will have a Grandbaby to cuddle and spoil very soon!

ETA: I had my last 6 in 9 years so I have to admit I have enjoyed this unplanned break and been working out with Playing Roller derby 3x a week and feeling good about my health. My Dh and older kids does missions and I would love to start traveling with them but always have been pg so....really I would LOVE another baby but if it is not ment to be then I am ok with it but we are going to Make sure we do everything available to us to try!! :)

Nine 1st trimester losses, Two 2nd trimester losses at 17 wks(Pathology came back normal both times) :(
ImageImageImage
My Ovulation Chart
10thtimearound
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Noregrets » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:41 pm

The way I'm feeling now I don't know if I have the mental fortitude to try anymore. :( Ask me again when I'm near ovulation.
Noregrets
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby lydstoff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:35 am

Where did you lovely ladies find husbands that want so many kids? I would have had 10 if my DH would let me. Lol! We started TTC last October and at this point I think after Oct. 2013, I will stop trying if it doesn't happen. I suppose it's possible I'll change my mind, but I have been very surprised by how all consuming this is for me. I really hope it happens soon. For all of us. :)
lydstoff
Friend

Postby momoftreasures » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 pm

That was one thing that attracted me to him - he wanted a lot of children. Where we come from, 4 was a lot. We had 5 and he was done. Then I clearly heard God tell me that He wanted me to leave our family size up to Him. Fine with me, God, but you have to talk to dh for me. Dh went to our accountant to have our taxes done that day. Accountant is one of 12 kids but we didn't know that. Dh comes home and tells me that little tidbit and says "I really am feeling like we should leave our family size to God.". I just about fell over. He also told me the name of our next baby, which was exactly the one I had had going through my head for three days. We were pregnant 2 weeks later. Weren't preventing before that - that's just how it happened. Now we are in Duggar land where we "only" have 7!
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lydstoff » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Lol! Love it!
lydstoff
Friend

Postby TTCnumber2at42 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:51 am

I always said after my 43 birthday we would stop TTC but that was mostly because of the emotional strain I use to go through (when getting IUIs and fertility drugs made me emotionally unstable :shock: ) but since TTC naturaly, I don't go through the severe UPS and DOWNS like I use to.

DH and I were transitioning my DS crib to a daybed and talking about perhaps getting a new bed for DS and I told DH there is no need for the crib unless I get pregnant again but we wont have to worry abou that in January. He asked why and I stated because we were only going to TTC to the end of this year (yea I stretched from my birthday to December, he has a crappy memory so naturally he forgot what we agreed upon :shh: ) and then he surprise the heck out me and said we dont have to stop TTC! I was floored ... so now I am in a dilema to stop theis rollercoaster ride in December and re-focus on what I am blessed with OR keep TTC ... either way I like the fact that now it is MY decision to make and DH is supportive either way!

I love the answer momoftreasures gave ... will never stop hoping until menopause is complete! Givesme smething to think about and less stress if you don't have a deadline right? Also I like the fact that if I want a break I can take a month off (like that would ever happen but....) because with no end date no worries. Hmmmmmm
Me 42 in September 2012 ~DH 35 in June 2012 ~DS 2 in July 2012
Angel #1 March 2008 6 weeks 6 days
Angel # 2 May 2011 6 weeks 2 days
My Ovulation Chart
TTCnumber2at42
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby 10thtimearound » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:46 am

when I met my husband we both already knew we wanted a large family! My Gram had 10 my other Gram had 8. My sister has 8 my brother has 5 another sister has 5 and I am oldest of 8. We just hope to be blessed one more time with # 10 and we will feel complete.

ImageImageImage
My Ovulation Chart
10thtimearound
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Hottie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:52 pm

When you say TTC, what do you mean? Like get on birth control or stop using opk's etc. I'm 38 years old. I started trying when I was 27 years old (2 different partners over this 11 year period). I've now done several years of timed intercourse with injectable meds and monitoring, 2 iui, and 1 cycle of ivf. My ivf ended in a chemical pregnancy. I have no more money and I promised my boyfriend of five years no more TTC (with help of medicine, reproductive endocrinologists). He basically said no more. If it were up to me...I'd live on the street and spend every penny I have on ivf. Not sure how long I will TTC. Thought Id stop at 40 but, now I'm rapidly approaching that age. I wish I could stop thinking about ttc. I hate the fact that I have a longing to be a Mom and my body is refusing to cooperate. Honestly, if I didn't have such a loving family.... suicide.... would probably be an option. But, I couldn't do that to them. Im sure you can relate..But I feel Ive been completely dealt a shitty hand in life. Even now...my boyfriend of five years does not want to get married. Just seems like things come so easily for other women. At times, I hate my life..but I just keep plugging away. I can only imagine life without family is only going to get more miserable as my friends now start having grandchildren. Yep, I get to experience the pain all over again.
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC in our 40s