TTC in our 40's ~ welcome new friends!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC in our 40's ~ welcome new friends!

Postby williamsbaby1 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:08 am

Hi ladies, I am at lunch, so hopping on here quickly. See lots of action going on in respect to symptoms and I count such as a positive sign.

Question for signature: click on user control panel, find your profile, click on signature or email/E link signature and copy and past your link in there, use preview to make sure you added the right link...same goes for your ticker etc that you would like to have reflected and pictures that are not your avatar... Hope that helps

Myself, looks like ovulation has been going on but won't finish up till late today as my BBT dropped again. So that means will start my TWW tomorrow instead which works fine with me. MY DH and I did the deed late last night and poor sole was about to drift off so exhausted from working crazy hours and pleasing me. Well what shall I say... A girl got to do what a girl got to do... Lol

And yes it is beautiful here in Texas as well.
All our babies have become angels now!!

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed May 01, 2013 11:11 am

Hi everyone

Clementime- I just turned 44 last week.... boo for me...
I wish I knew the answer to your question, would love to know where my failure each month is occuring... dont think there is anyway to know unless your LP is short, then you could say you have a short LP, otherwise I dont think there is anyway to know.. it could be a million things.. egg dies to fast, they say it can live 24 hours but my Dr. says that is more typical for a very young women and survival time at our age is closer to 8-12 hrs and closer to the 8 hr mark... plus it takes 12 hours for sperm once ejaculated to go thru what they call "capulation" in order to be able to penetrate the egg so ultimately timnig could be off, could be CM is killing the sperm, could be egg is old and not viable.. for me personally I suspect egg quality because my FSH is high (17.98) and my Dr said its like my eggs are hard and it makes it difficult for the sperm to penetrate to fertilize... she also suspects egg quality for me because my periods (prior to clomid) were light and weak, they lasted 5 days but the flow was not a good solid flow...so she thinks it really had to do with small eggs that are unable to be fertilized and then small eggs causing a weak AF..... thus this is why I am on clomid and now my EGGS ARE HUGE and my AF is back to like when I was a 20 yr old....

I to have the same feelings sometimes that you expressed.. so want this for my hubby.. he will make a great daddy..

just wanted to share that, in case it helps someone.. :D

AFM- had my Ovulation ultrasound yesterday and lining was good at 15mm, I had 2 follicles, 1 at 25mm, 1 at 35mm... she though both look really good, they gave me the trigger shot and told me to get busy... so will BD tonight and expect to O tomorrow noonish..timing has been EOD this cycle so we will see if that makes the diff... fingers, toes and anything else I can cross done.... :)
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Clementine37 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Second Chance - thank you soooo much for your response. That all makes much better sense to me now. I laughed so much when you said your eggs were HUGE. That is wonderful! 25 and 35 sound excellent!! Your lining is really good too! I have a few questions...hope its okay to bombard you! What meds did you do this cycle? How many medicated cycles have you done? Have you done or would you ever consider IUI? I'm wishing you tons and tons of baby dust. Fingers crossed, toes crossed and everything else here too! And a belated Happy Birthday!!
Me: 45
DH: 30
We have three sweet and wonderful boys

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Beta at 33 on 12dpo..doubling time of 25.87 hours. I wanted between 30-50; I got it. Now I have to figure out how to RELAX. Also, next test not until Wednesday..I am so going to have to buy more FRER...there is no way I will make it thru this weekend. Those make me happier anyway..instant results..this waiting on someone to call is for the birds.
Let's just hope and pray maybe I can beat the control line by Wed. We leave for out of town to "watch" tri on Thursday. I am really glad we started all of this so early because it will make "watching" my gf have fun doing triathalon easier. Just going to break my heart if this baby is another loss and I missed out on it. But, not going to think like that.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed May 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks Clementime- ask away... I am no expert, but learning everything I can... I AM DETERMINED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN... This is my 3rd cycle on clomid...This cycle took clomid 100mg CD 5-9... was on clomid 50mg last 2 cycles and got 1 egg each time on the 50mg... 1st cycle 1 egg 19mm, 2nd cycle 4 eggs, 2 tiny, 1 13mm and 1 25mm, this cycle the 2 BIG ones.. Will be switching to 100 mg to CD 3-7 next cycle if its doesnt work this month.. Yes, will be moving to IUI come July... I need to get my FSH level down (thus why I am taking the DHEA).. we have to pay out of pocket for the IUI so I want to ensure I am at optimal levels to be successful... and if and when I have to go to the RE I will take any meds they recommend me to take... the biggest issue right now is with high FSH they want to push me now into egg donor and I dont want to do that,, actaully we will not do IVF only IUI... to expensive and not guarenteed so I would rather spend the money on adopting if it comes to that.... UGH..... so hope it doesnt come to that... actually I highly recommend being monitored with ultra sounds, it tells you a TON about what is going on... there are alot of things I can cross off my "whats wrong list" by having that done... and whats nice is my insurance doesnt pay for meds or actually fert.. but they pay for all the blood work and ultrasounds I have been getting so its been costing us $39 a month.. $9 for meds, $20 for ultrasound and $10 for trigger shot.. so not to bad so far..
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Yay, Tiffany, good numbers, my beta when I had CP was 33 at like 20DPO, so a 33 at 12 DPO is AMAZING!!

FX for you that your lines get darker all weekend long :praying: :praying: :praying: stick baby stick!!

I decided to change my ovulation indicator on FF on to " Research" which is available with the VIP and is supposed to be cutting edge research technology, so that puts me at 5 DPO which makes it way to early to test, LOL maybe that way I won't be so disappointed with my BFNs, I am becoming way to obsessive :omg:

Looking forward to the days flying by, so I know they won't, tick tock, tick tock
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Wed May 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Tammy, thanks for that info; that really helps..honestly. Yes, dear 5dpo is way too early to test..you haven't even implanted yet..but look for that sharp pain tomorrow. We are ALL way too obsessive..it becomes a disease. It's okay. Sorry about clock..ugh..waiting is TERRIBLE!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tammylynn1230 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks Tiffany, I feel more relaxed knowing that I am at 5 DPO, when I had the O indicator on "advanced" it wanted to stick me at 7 DPO, which just got me really symptom spotting and starting to get a lil crazy, also from the look at my temps I really do think I am 5 DPO not 7 :) My temps after O look good, trying not to get my hopes up but everything is looking good so far!!
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby woofwoofgirl » Wed May 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Tiffany - glad your numbers came back in your range! That's great news!! Glad you can keep yourself busy during this crazy waiting period. Maybe your test will be only on your mind say once every hour instead of every minute :-)

Tammy - looks like you are in the waiting period too. So you are in good company with the other ladies as well!

Clementine - yay to hear about your symptom spotting :-) You know my fingers are crossed for you!!

AFM - I know I'm definitely out this month. Some life things got in the way of BDing during my prime window. I have been faithfully temping the last couple of months and always had a nice steady rise after my ovulation. This time, when I know I'm not in the game, I definitely have a different chart. Go figure! One morning high, next morning low, one morning high, the next low. I don't know what to make of it except to keep temping. I did take two temps this AM - once at 5:00AM (low) and the next at 8:45AM (high). Both temps on about 3 hours of sleep. I decided to record the high. I go for my next blood test on May 6th to verify that I did indeed ovulate.

But baby baby baby sparkly glittery baby dust to all those ladies in the TWW right now!
Me: 43
Fiance: 44 (Two Children in Their Early 20s)
Two Furbabies: Buck (10), Remi (14)
TTC #1
woofwoofgirl
Friend

Postby Clementine37 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Tiffany - YAY for your numbers!! You're PREGNANT girl!! I am so happy for you! Think positively knowing that this IS your take home bundle. I will be praying extra hard for you. :sticky: :sticky: :sticky:

SecondChance - Thank you so much for all of that information! I love it. It sounds like you have a doctor that is completely on the ball and has got your back which is awesome. It also sounds like you have a great plan in place! If I'm not pregnant now, I will be on clomid CD 3-7 too. Fortunately, our insurance covers all infertility including IVF. I am sure I will have to pay something above our co-pay, but at least a lot of it is covered. I am so on the same page with what you are saying. We said no to IVF right away, figuring we would adopt if it came to that. I was adopted and have the most wonderful parents. I know I could love an adopted child like my own and would feel so blessed to be given the opportunity to do so. Since then, I've wavered a bit on the "no to IVF" stance and I realize it's because I never really believed it would come to that if that makes any sense. I am open to whatever we need to do and have told my DH we shouldn't say "never" to anything until the day comes where we really have to make that choice. So, we're taking it day by day. Hopefully you are busy BD'ing like crazy tonight and catch a HUGE egg!! :wink:

Tammy - it's funny you say you've been messing with FF's settings. My car was in the shop yesterday so I was stuck at home yesterday and obsessed like crazy. Sometimes I find myself just STARING at my chart...maybe hoping a big BFP will suddenly appear? Not really sure, but when that starts happening, I force myself to STEP AWAY FROM THE IPAD!! So, we're both officially 5dpo. When will you test next?

Woof - isn't it crazy the one month you're not trying your temps are so confusing? Thank goodness this didn't happen in a different month! That would make you crazy. I guess some things are just meant to be. A month break is probably so good...I am sure we could all use that. Enjoy it for all of us!! Keep us posted on the blood work. I am sure everything is just fine...your temp is just messing with you right now. I'll be keeping an eye on your chart :D

DH just looked at me and said "sooo, how are things going for you?" That was his way of asking if I have any symptoms. I spared him the full on details I gave to you ladies earlier and told him I had a few things going on, but too early to tell. I don't want to get his hopes up. He wants this so badly. I can't wait until I can tell him "you're going to be a daddy"!! Ahhhhhh!!!

I hope all of you lovely ladies have a wonderful night!

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Oh, Clementine, i will keep on POAS, i have a whole bag full of internet cheapies!! I won't break out the FRERs until the weekend, AF due one week from today!!
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mountainbaby » Thu May 02, 2013 12:31 am

Hi Ladies

Sorry I have not written here for a while, things have been busy and stressful the last few days.

First of all Tiffany, a big :congrats:
Things sound like they are going well with your pregnancy and it is good you have an RE who is on the ball and monitoring you so early. Sending you lots of :sticky:

It seems most of you other ladies are a lot more advanced in your cycles than me, and there are some positive symptoms going on.

Clementine you symptoms sound good - are your bb's sorer than normal. I knew when I had my CP that I was experiencing a whole new level of bb soreness, like someone had attacked them with a minature dart gun.

I am CD10, and already losing hope. Timing is a big issue for us, and all the temping and charting won't help. This is my 10th month since binning the contraception but I cannot honestly say to my doctor I've been trying for 6 months. Last month DH was away for 2 weeks, missing my fertile window entirely. There have been other months when we have missed the window due to be away (and staying in dorms - so no BD) or DH being too tired and not in the mood or a combination of both.

This weekend is a Bank Holiday here is England, so we are going away and staying in a tent. DH has already said he will not BD in a tent, as it is too messy and people might hear. I talked to him about going away for two days rather than three but he is not having that either. When I mentioned it was my fertile window, he said that I should stop obsessing about that. We did not BD last night as he was in a bad mood. If we don't tonight, then that is no BDing until Monday night, assuming DH is in the right mood. I am due to ovulate around Tuesday, but I know it can be earlier or later.

Actually DH has been in a bad mood so often lately that I find myself crying alot. I know he is working hard at the moment, but so am I, and there are a lot of people off at work and I am literally doing 2 people's jobs, whilst coping with all of this.

Any advice would be helpful. Good luck ladies and fx for BFP's
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Frannie_ » Thu May 02, 2013 1:22 am

Well first of all, Tiffany great news!!! Pls start relaxing and forget about figures! You are doing great!

Mountainbaby - I understand how you feel, I experienced something similar when we first started about 6 months ago. I think some men just can't handle this kind of pressure. It has nothing to do with you but it's just how they are. Try to find ways (you know him better) to get it on when you O. Don't feel disappointed be proactive :)

I am sending this article that I read and I am sure you will find the information quite interesting. Might help with some of your questions Clementine.

The fertile window explained: A man’s sperm can live for up to five days inside a woman’s reproductive tract. A woman’s egg only lives for about 12 hours after it is released. This means that a woman’s egg needs to be fertilized within this 12-hour time frame. Furthermore, freshly ejaculated sperm are not able to fertilize a woman’s egg. It takes time for a process known as capacitation to occur. Capacitation is series of changes that sperm go through once they are inside a woman’s reproductive tract that make sperm more mobile and allow them to penetrate the egg. It can take up to 10 hours for a man’s sperm to complete the capacitation process and be able to fertilize a woman’s egg. This is why the five days before ovulation are so important. Once ovulation takes place, sperm have a very brief window of time to fertilize the egg. Having mature sperm (sperm that have gone through the capacitation process already) ready for the waiting egg is the key to successful conception.
The day of ovulation: You might have heard or might believe that the best day to get pregnant is the day that a woman ovulates. It is important to know when you ovulate and to try to time intercourse close to ovulation, but the day of ovulation is not the best day to get pregnant. Researchers have studied the timing of sexual intercourse in relationship to ovulation in order to determine which days are the most likely to result in pregnancy. Surprisingly, according to research published in the Journal of Reproductive Medicine, what they found was that the day of ovulation was not the best day of a woman’s cycle to conceive
The day before ovulation: Interestingly, the day before ovulation is actually a better day to conceive on than the day of. This may be because sperm that are ejaculated the day before ovulation have had time to mature and reach the egg.
Two days before ovulation: Even more interesting, researchers have found that a woman’s chance of conceiving two days before ovulation is just as likely, if not more likely, as the day before ovulation. What this means for couples trying to conceive is that timing intercourse to occur a couple days before ovulation and the day before ovulation will give them the greatest chance of conceiving.

Actually they say that sperm need anywhere from 6-12 hours for capacitation before they meet the egg.

I will be back soon... Have a nice day!
:bfp: - Sept 3, 2013

Our beautiful baby boy was born on May 13, 2014.
Frannie_
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Clementine37 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:40 am

Tammy - lol now I feel like I can/should be POAS now too! I read your post last night and I was like, maybe tomorrow morning even though I knew it was too early for me. The rest of the story continues below in my update :D.

Mountainbaby - I am really sorry you're going through this. I can totally relate. DH and I have had some pretty crazy fights since TTC....often leading to no BD'ing and I was devastated. For me, I learned I needed to relax (at least on the outside) just a bit and make it like it was no big deal. He had a thing about people hearing etc even if it was unwarranted. Also, the pressure to perform was terrible for him. Even though all of it was in is head, it lead to performance issues which then created a whole different set of problems! He seems to be getting better as does the overall situation. This month he gave it his all. I think going away for my birthday and having that time to reconnect was part of it. Also, after my IUI, I told him "no pressure now, it's all for fun" which was a bit of a lie, but I did what I had to do :D. I hope you get this sorted out. Tell him no worries about BD'ing in the tent, but while you're there, make it impossible for him to say no :wink:

Frannie - thank you for that article. I had no idea about "capacitation" until Second Chance talked about it and this article that you sent. That was very interesting for sure!

AFM - I've had a pretty hilarious morning already. I've taken my frustration with temping to a whole new level! Usual temp time is 6:30. I woke up at 4:50am and was awake enough that I had to temp. We've been sleeping with our window open since the warmer weather and there was a bird chirping incessantly out our window, which I believe is what woke me up. Poor DH won't get out of bed until he knows I'm awake so he doesn't mess with my temp time (sweetie). I think he was relieved (literally) when he knew I was up and he could go to the bathroom. When he came back to bed I said "what the hell kind of bird is up at 4:50am"??? Of course he laughed at me and said "he's probably up getting the worm". I said there's no $@%€£%# way that bird is eating anything with all the squawking he's doing!!" And he laughed again "well, maybe he's trying to attract the honeys". I said "well, maybe he needs to shut the $&@% up for a minute because NO GIRL wants to deal with that constant chatter!!". Lol....I think I lost my mind for a minute there. This is all coming from an animal lover who normally LOVES the sound of birdies in the morning. And then, hilarity continues when, after reading Tammy's post that was kind of like "well duh, I have a FULL BAG of IC's, OF COURSE I'm gonna be testing", I thought why not? :D So this morning, in my exhaustion, I pulled out a $ store cheapie, peed in a cup, sucked it up in the syringe and put four drops on it. After a few seconds when absolutely nothing was happening. I realized I put the pee in the reading window :doh:. I just laughed at myself, threw it away and chalked it up to "that wasn't meant to be today". It is now 7:30am and I am curious to see how the rest of my day goes....

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 am

Ha, Oh Clementine you made me laugh, a great way to start my morning here at work :) I have parakeets at home and even though they are covered still, they can hear the dang birds outside at 5am and start their chattering promptly at the same time now, LOL!! Covered cage be damned! Tis the season!

Well BFN still this morning and I'm trying to keep my hopes up, which I know is silly because I am so early in my DPO but let me explain :) Last month , AF showed early on CD26, which bummed me and shocked me!! As I have NEVER had one that early, I am always a 30-32 day girl and I have been keeping track for 2 years now! Earliest ever had been a 28 day cycle, so last month on CD25 my temp went down to 98.2 and then the next two days continued to plummet and AF showed on CD26 and now this month on CD25, this morning I got a 98.2 again :omg: I am trying to remain calm but I was like damn, I was really hoping it would have stayed the same or gone up further :( I am also cramping, which I know can go either way, Implantation or early AF, grrrr this TWW is going to be the death of me, I am so irritated that I O'd so late in my cycle, it just drags the saga out!!

Frannie, awesome article, makes me feel good about all my BDing before O since it took 5 days to get here but we kept up with our every other day plan so I got a good 3 times in before O!!

Mountainbaby, I hope you enjoy your holiday away and find the perfect time to BD! FX for you! I too have to be creative with DH because if he thinks I am trying to use him just as a "sperm donor" games off!

Tiffany- how are you doing? Any symptoms kicking in?

Blessings to all!!
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s