TTC in our 40's ALL WELCOME

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC in our 40's ALL WELCOME

Postby Second_Chance » Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 am

Tammy- interesting on changing the FF to research, how much did it change your results, and why did it do you think?? and its WAY early to test and get a BFP... chin up and keep the testing going... :D

Woofwoof- might be nice to have the mental break from wondering and obsessing, hoping next month is the ticket.

Clementime- yes, I love my Dr. BUT, I am my own advocate, I have researched, read up, and know myself better than her, so when I talk with her I can tell her what is going on, what I think I need, what I want, and either she agrees or doesnt agree... but I found the more knowlegable I am the better I can get her to go along with what I want... I am the one suggesting lets try this dose, lets do this test, and if she questions me on it I give her my reasoning... so far working good for me I think... and she said she was glad I was so on top of things since my age is against me..Lucky you on the fert. coverage... I would do IVF if my insurance covered it...

Mountainbaby- SOOO sorry you going thru some "stuff" with DH right now.. personally, when I first started I dont think DH knew EXACTLY how serious and how prepared I was into this... 1st month he shot me down "to tired" when we needed to BD... I cried.....it was then that we set down and discussed it all, what was needed, days I can get preg.... everything I was doing to try and get preg. and everything that was needed from him... I was surprised that he really didnt know everything that went into and that ideally there are only a couple of "critical days" but that good BD health thru out cycle was key to making everything run smooth... He had to be 100% on board in order to make it work... maybe if you and DH havent had that conversation you should think about it.. Like I said I was surprised that DH didnt know what I thought he should or would know... Hugs to you...

Frannie- Great info... exactly the same info I have read...

AFM- Plan didnt quite go the way I wanted it to... figures..... just when I think I have it all figured out.... O pain stopped about 530p last night which told me I Oed and temp rise happened this morning so I am sure I Oed last evening about 530p.... I did get a BD in at 730p when DH got home... sure hoping my eggs can live long enought for spermies to do their change and fert. it... fingers crossed, so all in all, I did the every other day this cycle.. and I am feeling a little hopeless, like my timing was off this cycle... UGH... I hate this so bad... now to the 2WW and time to obsess...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: TTC in our 40's ALL WELCOME

Postby Clementine37 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:29 am

Someone else to obsess with!! :D This whole sperm capitulation deal certainly puts another spin on things that I didn't know existed!! It is so good to know! Sounds like you are definitely in the running this cycle. Keep us posted on your symptoms so we can obsess with you!!
Me: 45
DH: 30
We have three sweet and wonderful boys

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Thu May 02, 2013 8:34 am

I know me either until about 3 months ago.. your temps are looking good...
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mountainbaby » Thu May 02, 2013 9:28 am

Frannie, Clementine, Tammylyn and Second Chance - Thanks for your empathy regarding DH. We have tried having the conversation, and he does understand, he is intellegent but still finds it stressful. He has used the word 'sperm donor' in arguments, despite the fact that he wants this as well and wants to be an involved father. He looks at the world through logical eyes but when it comes to BDing, the logic seems to go out of the window. I will try and get less stressed about it all, and try and be as natural as possible.

Frannie, that article on timing and sperm capilation is interesting. I think I had read it and that actually if you look at it in that way the day before ovulation is better than the day of ovulation itself. Advice from doctors here is to BD every two or three days throughout cycle. A fertility nurse explained to me that it was important that a man ejaculates regularly because if it has been a week or so since the last time, there will be a lot of dead sperm for the healthy ones to swim through and this will make it difficult.

Babydust to all
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tammylynn1230 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:56 am

AHHHHH, is this week over yet!! Ok, I feel better now and also now I am on the thread so I will get updates,

overall it has been a good day so far, still have the faint AF like cramps off and on, which I did get 4 days before I got my BFP in the end of Feb, so I am hoping it's a good sign :)

The FF changed my O day by two days, so instead of Oing on CD17 I O'd on CD19, it had to do with my temps not really "going" up to after the 19th and I had two days of +OPK with a negative day in between??? And I use the smiley digi's and tested the same time everyday, so it truly was two diff positives, who knows, at our age anything is possible :doh:

FX everybody!!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby williamsbaby1 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:37 am

Second Chance I agree it is best to be knowledgable about the TTC process especially when small bumps are in the way.

Mountain baby, it is not that long ago that my DH was in a similar situations. I went off TWW blog and only signed on when he was not around. I also stopped telling him about the fertile days and pretended that BD wasn't really that important that day or cycle. I stopped BBT and OPK as well. And most importantly I made immediate changes regarding hobbies and things that brought a smile to my face. Long story short that lasted for less than a week as my DH then wondered why I didn' t place so much emphasis on trying to get pregnant and next thing I know he took charge the next cycle around and been on top ever since. Talk about reversed psychology!! Give it a try.

Tammy looks like maybe just a few more days and that BFP is looming around the corner.

Myself, well Mother Nature loves to play so had another dip instead of increase in BBT. So now will have to wait and see what is going on. Fatigue again but not as much as two days ago.

It is cool today mainly because of the wind but still beautiful in the eye of the beholder that is.

Over the hump Wednesday ladies. Weekend is almost near.

:sticky: :noaf2: :fertilization: your ways!!
All our babies have become angels now!!

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clementine37 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Tammy - looks like you and I are riding the same crazy train this month with the double-surges and now both 6dpo. Hopefully that means double-BFP's too!! The cramps sound like a good sign :D. I've been trying to ignore every ache, pain, twitch and pull....but it's almost impossible. I am OBSESSED!!!!

SecondChance - thank you for encouragement on my temps. Temping has been getting the best of me this cycle. I woke at 4:50 this morning, temped, tossed and turned for a bit (didn't get up), fell back to sleep and woke at 6:30 (normal time) and recorded that temp. Do you think that temp is reliable after only 1 1/2 hrs sleep? Or would the FF "temperature corrector" corrected temp at 4:50am is better? I really don't like that thing because sometimes, it seems so off and others, I think it seems to be spot on.

We're leaving tomorrow morning at 6am for Chicago. Really looking forward to snuggling our new niece! I need a baby fix bad!

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Ok ,silly new symptom popping up, ( Clementine, not that I'm obsessing or anything too :shh: ) I started crying over a pic of my daughter ( who is away at college), it's a pic of her laughing really hard and she looked so happy and I just started balling like a baby cuz I miss her so much, LOL! Mind you this is her third year in college so I should be used to her being gone by now :doh: Need to keep my hormones under control while at work :wink:

Have a fun trip to Chicago, I love about 40 minutes away in southeastern WI, i think you missed our good weather though, FYI back to cold raing and windy!! Ah Spring in the MIdwest!
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clementine37 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Hmmm....definitely sense a little obsessing there :D. Are you in the Mke area or closer to GB?

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm in the Milwaukee area, I live in Racine County to be exact, further south toward Chicago from Milwaukee area but work in Milwaukee :)

I am a HUGE Green Bay Packer fan though!!!!
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clementine37 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:55 pm

My DH lived in Milwaukee when we met. I fell in love with that city and miss it so much. We went back to get married there in August at the War Memorial outside overlooking the lake and will be returning there every year for our anniversary. This year the plan is a couple of days in Mke and Lollapalooza in Chi which happens every year about that time. We missed it last year because of the wedding, but that was kinda important :D

I wish I had some symptoms to obsess over, but not really anything happening here. Maybe tomorrow... :)

EOE - I hope everyone is having a great night!!

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby lyngret » Thu May 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Lady's

What a rainy day!!!! But great day to be cozy..

Well 7dpiui, wow it's only been a week??? Well, BBT is till high,mkeep getting some chart little pains in my left side and part of my back. Don't want to get my hopes up but I totally don't feel like the last two cycles.

Big hugs and kisses to allllllllll you beautiful ladies....oxoxox

Btw- thank you for the signature instructions ( I can't seem to be able to do it from my Iphad)... But I'll try figure it out.. Lol. I sure have the time!!
lyngret

Postby tammylynn1230 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:53 am

Good morning girls! Happy Friday! It's cold and rainy but I am happy cuz my temped jumped back up, phew so I made it further than I did last month! AF due Weds, i tested this morning and of course BFN, hoping to see something over the next couple of days :)

:babydustb: :babydustg: :happyforyou: to all!!
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffanynp » Fri May 03, 2013 8:23 am

I'm here..
afm..14dpo line is def darkest yet and doubled 12dpo!! So, I am past the cp stage!!! They do appear to be similiar to me like with dd pic...and yes of course I compared.
My symtoms are pretty much neal..min nausea in am after getting to work, fatigue, and not really eating much until 3pm and then I am STARVING until 7. All weird..not anything like any of previous preg.

I will come back for personals.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clementine37 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:32 am

Good morning girls! Made it to Chicago safely. Tammy - you're right about RAINY AND COLD....brrrrrr!! Glad to see your temp went up today!! Keep us posted on your POAS! I will join you later after I buy some...only had one to bring.

Tiffany - sounds like everything is looking great!! So so happy for you!

As you see, my temp is down a bit today, not much and not sure if it means anything. I had to take it at 4am because of our early flight and use the temperature corrector so it MAY have been higher than that. I like to think so :D. but I will see tomorrow. I've had this low grade nausea for several days now and it's been worse today. Probably just a stomach thing. I will be buying some HPTs on my way to see the new baby :D. SIL wants me to stay overnight and help with the baby tomorrow. Definitely going to get my fix!

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s