TTC in our 40's ALL WELCOME

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC in our 40's ALL WELCOME

Postby BeccaB40 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 am

Hi everyone, would like to join this thread. Been TTC since June 2012. I am currently 8 DPO and have been cramping on and off since O. O came on CD 16 this month which gives me hope (a day or two later than usual). I have just started to see an RE. Blood work has shown my egg reserve is excellent for a 40 year old. He did an ultrasound and he said my ovaries and and uterus looked like a 20 something year old, and I had multiple follicles that that looked fabulous. Gives me hope! Still looking to go down the IUI path though. But reading about the 40+ year olds with BFPs, and getting this news gives me so much hope. Hang in there everyone!
Me: 42, two boys ages 12 & 5
DH: 43, no children of his own
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)
Beta 12/3/13: 92.4 BFP!
Beta 12/5/13: 174
Beta 12/12/13: 1418

Jessica Lynn ~ Born Sleeping ~ 04/05/2014
BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Clementine37 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 am

Hi Girls!!

I was just going over the posts to see what I have missed and realized that we have 17 ladies on this thread! I feel like I'm in such wonderful company!!

Second_Chance - how are you doing? I'm not sure where you are in your cycle, but with an FSH like that, you should be getting your BFP in no time flat!! :D My doctor doesn't do back to back IUI's nor do they do any blood monitoring when doing them. I had 4 follies all measuring 13-18mm 2 days before the IUI. They were growing at 2-3mm per day based on the u/s 2 days prior. Lining was 10mm 2 days before IUI. I really don't want to have to change RE's for my final IUI so I may stay with them and, if we have to go the IVF route, I will go into the city for the best IVF clinic in the area.

Mountain Baby - I hope you're doing okay!! That sounds like quite a tumble!! I know testing is scary, but you will feel much better when everything comes back normal!! Looks like you have a "busy" weekend ahead of you :wink:

Tammy - I am having the opposite problem :doh: I've think I've created a TTC monster in my DH. He's gotten so used to all of the "activity" that he's all over me! Usually, this is the time when I'm like "thank goodness....a break!!" lol. 7dpo baby!! How long are you going to hold out to test??

Tiffany - hey Mama! How's that little bean doing??

Williamsbaby - hopefully the BD'ing is going as planned!! Looking forward to waiting out two weeks with you!

Gretel - hey there girl! It's wonderful that you found such an amazing new RE!! Cannot wait to see how it goes with your IVF! I have a great feeling about this! Please keep us posted on the process. If neither this cycle nor next is successful, we will be moving to IVF as well.

Frannie - I hope you are doing okay. Please know that you have many ladies on this thread thinking of you and hoping you find some peace during this difficult time.

Musik - are you in the TWW yet? Have you started the progesterone oil? I hope you are tolerating it well. Any side effects?

Noregrets - how are you doing? Did AF ever arrive? If so, you must be right around O time. I know last cycle you said you were done with TTC. Was your husband right...did you change your mind?? I've said that more than I care to think about. It usually happens for me around now...7dpo when I have zero symptoms. Hang in there!!

MicMorris - I hope you are feeling better and have beaten the hormonal/sinus/migraine thing you were having earlier in the week. You must be in your TWW wait by now? What day are you at and how are you feeling?

Alibaby - hooray for doing it!! Are you SMEP'ing this cycle? I applaud you for using internet cheapie OPK's. I think I'd make myself crazy trying to decipher those. I like smiley or no smiley :D

Lmswebnet - hi there. how are you doing??

Wannabemom - thank you for sharing that lovely poem. How are you doing? Where are you in your cycle? I think choosing to stop all fertility treatments is a difficult decision, but I cannot tell you how many stories I've read where the first cycle after doing so resulted in a BFP. I wish I had the ability to relinquish that control and I applaud you for being able to do so.

Nikki - hi there. How are things going for you? Where are you in your cycle?

Jayney - once the HSG is done, you will feel so much better!

Claire - I hope you are feeling better today!

BeccaB - :welcome:!!! It sounds like all of your labs are great!!! I am currently 7dpo/IUI. I also ovulated on CD16 this cycle which was about 4-5 days later than usual and, like you, feel that is a really good thing!! I was on Clomid this cycle which is probably why I O'd later. All of my labs look normal too, but I've never been told I have the uterus of a 20 year old so, good for you!!!! :D

I hope I didn't forget anyone....sorry if I did!

Me - nothing at all!! But, at 7dpo, I don't really expect anything. However, if I had even a twinge, I would, of course call that a symptom!!!

I hope everyone has an amazing day!

:babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg: to everyone!!!!
Me: 45
DH: 30
We have three sweet and wonderful boys

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:00 am

Wow Clementine, excellent job on catching up with everyone!!! Thanks for the shout out, I am going to test starting on Saturday morning, I will be 10DPO then, so we'll shall see, FX that we both get our BFP's!!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Welcome Becca- Glad to have you join us :)

Clementime- WOW... sounds like you had a good cycle this cycle.... fingers crossed.. when you say back to back IUIs, is that one day to the next, or one 2 cycles in a row??? AFM- went for my ovulation ultrasound this AM, I took 50 mg clomid CD 3-7 this cycle... My lining was 10.1, I had 4 follicles, my right ovary is usually the dominate side, 3 of the right were 2 MM so they are useless, I had 1 follicle on the L at 29 MM so they gave me the trigger shot and told me to BD tonight.... I have noticed with bigger follicles I O about 24 hrs after my shot, so my timing should be good tonight...... not getting my hopes up but since my FSH on CD3 this month was 8.5 I do have a glimmer of hope..... I have my first appt tomorrow with the RE on where we go from here, he is one of the best here, my goal will be to get the rest of my blood work: estrodial, AMH done so I really see what my ovarian reserve looks like and to be AGRESSIVE and throw the kitchen sink at this and see what that brings...

Mountain baby- YIKES on the fall. you are lucky you did not get hurt.

Hi to everyone else
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Good luck SecondChance, that is a good follie :) Happy BDing and sending you a ton of :babydustb: :babydustg:
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Clementine37 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Tammy - I had a lot of catching up to do, but am glad I did!! I will test with you on Saturday...ahhhh!! :D. The question is, do I go right for the FRER or use a $ Store cheapie?? Decisions, decisions.... FX this is it for us girl!!

SecondChance - I mean they won't do it one day then the next. Seems there are a lot of things they won't do that others will. Wow...29mm follie...very nice!!! That will definitely do the trick!! FX you caught that big egg! I do feel like this cycle was good, but the question is, was it good enough?!? Between the IUI and BD'ing, we covered 7 of the 10 days through O day. It was exhausting, but will certainly be worth it for a BFP :D

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Alibaby41 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Just a quick hello to everyone and welcome Becca. Hoping things are going well for all. I dont know what SMEP is so I dont think I'm doing it. Temp went back down today to mid 97 again, but had a faint line on OPK. IDK if I even ovulate. I do feel the "cramping", but not this month. Not yet anyway. So to err on the side of safety, we are gonna keep practicing. Thank goodness it is fun. Hoping for more good news from you all real soon. TTYL :roll:
Alibaby41

Postby Clementine37 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Ali - do you keep track of your temps on a site like Fertility Friend? Keeping track for a full cycle should give you a very good idea if your are ovulating or not. If you do and can post a link, I'm sure there are a lot of ladies on here that would love to give you some insight :D

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Frannie_ » Thu May 30, 2013 11:04 am

Hey everyone,
Thanks Clementine, everyone has been very supportive here with their stories and their kind words .. Thank you all again. I still can't believe she's not here though :( it's very hard.
A quick look at your posts, there is a lot going on! I truly hope we will have bfps. FX to all.
AFM - decided to do the deed and hope that my guardian angel will help .. I would say I am 1dpo and expecting a temp rise .. I did O a little earlier but it's probably from the stress.
Kisses and all my best wishes to all of you
:bfp: - Sept 3, 2013

Our beautiful baby boy was born on May 13, 2014.
Frannie_
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Clementine37 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Frannie. I am so happy to see you back. I pray that your guardian angel sends you your own little angel. My brother passed suddenly at 21 years old when I was 7 months pregnant with my son. Although my son didn't replace him, he was such a blessing to both me and my parents at that time. I feel like there's a part of my brother in my son. I know it's strange, but I accidentally call him by my brothers name sometimes even though it's been 20 years and they had never even met. Know that we are here to support you. xo

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:47 am

Hey Frannie :hi: Glad you are back with us :) Good Luck on catching the egg!!

Clementime, I tend to test with the cheapies first for a couple of days and if they are stark white I won't even bust out a FRER, I think I only have two of those left, now If I see a hint of something on the cheapies then next test will def be FRER and then if that is looking good I bust out a digi :) my dang digi's have been in my drawer since March, grrr
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mountainbaby » Fri May 31, 2013 12:38 am

Hi All

Hope you are all well.

Frannie, good to see you back. I know this must be a difficult time for you. I lost my mother 12 years ago, and I know how it feels to be devastated. Take care of yourself.

Tammylyn and Clementine, I see you are both testing tommorrow. :babydustg: :babydustb: to both of you and here's hoping for your BFP's.

Alibaby, not sure if you have O'ed yet, so kept so continue with the BD.

Becca, welcome. This is a supportive group.

AFM - I have my ultrasound today and am very scared. DH has tried to reassure me that it will change nothing, it will just show what is there already, the facts don't change. Men, so logical, yet when I mention he may need to do a SA he goes all silent. Also the BD not going too well this month. We BD on the morning of CD10, yesterday evening CD11, he was too tired and again this morning. I told him not to work late today. It is not that he has a deadline at present he just gets caught up at work and comes home knackered. When I plan time away I take note of fertile times, he doesn't. I think it would be better if men had the cycles, it would be a lot easier for women to fit round them then the other way around. Just a bit pissed off as I am putting myself through these tests and a little planning on his part to be not so tired during my fertile time wouldn't go amiss.
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannabemom777 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:11 am

Hi all

Trust everyone is well and praying for the bfp this month in time for fathers day. Yeah!!!

I too am ttc my first baby and also wonder when it will happen. Its frustrating coz I've been at it for 3 years. Anyway I should be O'ing this weeking. This past cycle was the first in a long tym I didn't have severe cramping and pains. So am hoping its a good sign. Right now I'm leaving it in God's hands and letting His will be done. I've read so many stories of woman who fell pregnant in their 40's without any help, my mom-in-law was one, that I ask myself why am I stressing. It will happen when it happens. That's my philophy now. It will happen at the right time.
Ttc #1
Ttc since 2009
Havnt been on bc for 20years.
Blocked tubes now inblocked. Started clomid
Clomid round 1 feb 28. Day 2 - 6. Bfn
Clomid round 2 mar 29 day 3 - 7.
I'm thanking Jesus for a bfp
Hubby on dr prescrip to improve mortility

There shall be no barrenness among you male or female. Thank you Father in advance for my Bfp
wannabemom777
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeccaB40 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:56 am

Tammylynn and Clementine. I will be 11 dpo Saturday. What dpo will you be again? Maybe I should test with you. So dreading the bfn though.

Frannie, very sorry for our loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. :(

Thank you for all the welcomes. I really hope we get some BFPs this month!
Me: 42, two boys ages 12 & 5
DH: 43, no children of his own
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)
Beta 12/3/13: 92.4 BFP!
Beta 12/5/13: 174
Beta 12/12/13: 1418

Jessica Lynn ~ Born Sleeping ~ 04/05/2014
BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:47 am

BeccaB40: I will be 10 DPO on Sat, but I always test early, i'm not the most patient girl, LOL. Actually the BFN's don't get me too bummed unless I am like 14/15 DPO so I just keep on testing until AF shows!

Good Luck to you! Come on and test with us :) even if it's a BFN you still have time for your BFP :)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to TTC in our 40s