Trying to stay positive!

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Trying to stay positive!

Postby Dollydaydream » Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 am

Hi all, i've just turned 44 I have 3 children from a previous relationship and am diabetic. My partner has no children of his own and we have been ttc since Jan 2013, emotional rollercoaster doesn't even begin to cover this journey! I decided to take a month out after an early miscarriage two months ago (5 weeks)... I've since tried my best to avoid any negativity and stress. I bought a Clear Blue Digital Monitor and started using it at the beginning of this cycle (CD1 was April 5th)... Got negative readings up until April 18th when it jumped from low the previous day straight to peak! So no BD in the days leading up to ovulation, got a further peak reading the following day and a high reading the day after that on April 20th... Had lots of early pregnancy symptoms but despite this I felt so sure at one point AF was imminent... Been so good not POAS at all until today (CD 29), felt sure i'd get a BFP - Nope! :( I usually have a 25/26 day cycle so taking that into consideration i am now 3/4 days late. I guess I just continue to wait, I am doing my best stay relaxed and positive but its not easy!
Dollydaydream
Friend

Re: Trying to stay positive!

Postby Seelie » Sat May 04, 2013 3:19 am

Cycles can be pretty whacky and definitely can be effected when stressed out. Did you O later in he cycle than you normally do? It could just be your body adjusting with the luteal phase. Best of luck to you. I just had a chemical first month back TTC and it was crushing. Stick at it and FX for a BFP soon.
Ist IUI June 2011 - BFP!
9w :angel:
2nd IUI Oct 2011 - :bfp:
DD born 25th June 2012
TTC #2
:angel: April 2013
:angel: June 2013
:angel: October 2013
Have stopped TTC as heartache was too much.
ImageImage
Seelie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Trying to stay positive!

Postby Dollydaydream » Sat May 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi Seelie,

So sorry to hear about your loss, it is heartbreaking and can knock the stuffing out of you, it did me too. All we can do is keep trying and do the best we can and hopefully our bodies bless us with that little miracle we're trying so hard for.

Not sure about ovulating later. This was the first month i used the CBFM and once it recorded two peaks and a high it didn't ask for any further test sticks. Before the CBFM i'd used IC OPK's and i think there is maybe a day or two difference in my cycle from the monitor readings but i guess i could have been stressed or something. I'll have a better idea with this months readings because i think i may be out, i'm 4 - 5 days late now but have started spotting. Really thought this was gonna be our month. Ah well... :roll:

Fingers crossed for you too xx
Dollydaydream
Friend

Return to TTC in our 40s