Bit of support needed

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Bit of support needed

Postby Claireu » Tue May 28, 2013 7:34 am

Hello
This is my first post, and I need a bit of support from you lovely ladies out there!
I'm 45 and this is my first time TTC, long story but after many miserable choices in men and much therapy getting rid of the reasons I made those bad choices I finally met the man of my dreams and we married 4 weeks ago! A week after he asked me to marry him he asked me if I was definitely infertile, something I'd been told when I was about 17 years old and stupidly never questioned. So I went about filling my life with a great career, much travel and getting on with it!
When we'd met (online) his profile stated after 3 kids he wasn't looking to add to that. So you can understand how happy I was when he said that if I wanted we could try and he'd go through any test we could to check. This we did and all was well with both of us.
So this is our 7th month and AF has just started again. We're trying SMEP, pre-seed, soft cups, no caffeine, supplements, OPKs, temping and lots of BFNs so far.
I think I've left it too late ladies, and my heart is slowly sinking, I'd be a great mum, I'm sure of it. So I'd really appreciate some ideas and support at the moment. Too old to get any help via NHS and too skint to pay for it!!
Your words and BFPs over 40 keep me going, but today has been hard seeing AF appearing again!
Thanks for listening, sorry to ramble!
Claire
X
Me:47 no kids
DH:53 3 kids: 11, 14, 20
TTC: 6yrs
Claireu
Friend

Re: Bit of support needed

Postby Second_Chance » Tue May 28, 2013 7:50 am

HI Claire- Welcome and you came to the right group. there are ALOT of BFP on this board right now... and most all with very little help and not a TON of expense..... so dont give up. When you had the blood work did you also have a HSG test to look at your tubes? Do you chart your cycles and temp to pin point your O and LP? Those are just a few things I can think of... If all is well then It should happen for you, just might take some time is all.... Hugs to you :)
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Claireu » Tue May 28, 2013 8:27 am

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I keep reading the BFPs and that keeps me going. I set off trying to remind myself that our chances were slim and to not get obsessed and its getting more difficult by the passing (negative) months!
I had my bloods done and then an ultrasound, not sure what the test is you're talking about. The Dr basically said that was all they could do for us on the NHS without paying due to my age. I'm temping, getting good signs and +ve OPKs and everything is pointing towards that I am ovulating, it's just not happening. We try and BD before, during and just after the +ve OPK but he's struggling a little with the anxiety attached to 'having to perform' so we've failed a couple of times to hit the best day. And that's causing him some real upset and getting him down.
But thanks, we'll keep going while there's still a chance but its getting to me a little at the moment.
Claire
x
Claireu
Friend

Postby mountainbaby » Tue May 28, 2013 8:43 am

Hi Claireu

You are in the right place here. Try joining one of the support threads here on the over 40's forum. I am on the one 'TTC over 40 all welcome.' Everyone is really friendly.

I am from the UK too and having all the tests now after 6 months. I married at 39 after meeting the wrong men etc for years. We haven't 'left it' too late, sometimes the opp comes around later. I'm trying to stay positive - trying to focus on the fact that my grandmother had 4 in her 40's (including a set of twins) and that was in the 1930's before fertility drugs.

Take Care, come and chat on the other thread, and fx for your BFP.
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby nikki12 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi, Claireu,

Are you taking herbal supplements? There are a lot of stories of 40+ ladies that got their BFPs after taking CoQ10 and Royal Jelly. The first one is supposed to be taken before O and the other after O. Both my husband and I are taking them right now while waiting for DE IVF. My husband is also taking Maca. It's supposed to boost the man's performance and increase sperm count.

Good luck, sister.
nikki12
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Claireu » Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 pm

Thank you everyone, I'll join one of the support threads as well, think that will help.
I'm taking some, just ordered CoQ10 and will get some Royal Jelly after O, and I'll see about the Maca, he might welcome the help!!

Thank you all, it's really appreciated
Claireu
Friend

Postby Second_Chance » Tue May 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Claire- the HSG is the test where you put dye in your tubes to make sure they are clear, they can also tell how your uterus looks and if is tilted and or has fibroids on it.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Claireu » Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm

They haven't offered me that, they did ultrasound where they said they could see that my tubes were ok and that my uterus looked normal, but I suppose the dye would show 100% if it was clear.
I may go back and see if they will do that as well.
By the way, how do you actually get your chart to show rather than just the link?
Thanks
Claireu
Friend

Postby Second_Chance » Wed May 29, 2013 11:14 am

Claire- I would for sure have the HSG done, if there is any little bit of build up in the tubes it will help clear them out... plus you know for 100% that your tubes are open.

to get your chart to show

go to FF
go to sharing
click on get get code
highlight everythng under the heading of chart thumbnail
and then paste it in your signature
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Claireu » Wed May 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Thank you, not sure if they will do it on the NHS for me due to my age, I'll go make an appointment with my GP and see what he says.
Thanks, I'll have a go at that
Claireu
Friend

Postby Hottie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Wishing you the best of luck. It may or may not happen. Hope for the best but.... Prepare your heart for the worst. Im 38 and have been trying since I was 27 years old. Still no luck. I truly feel that age has nothing to do with it. Hey I couldn't get pregnant at 27. Now I'm 38.... with a different partner and still cant get pregnant. Most recently a failed ivf cycle (chemical pregnancy). No more money to try ivf again. I've come to the conclusion I may never be a Mom. I guess we just have to try and deal with the hand that's been dealt right? I wish I could tell you that we all are going to be get our miracle baby. But, we all know this just isn't true. Im sorry... If I seem like a negative Nelly.
Hottie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby momoftreasures » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm trying to remember what I did to get pregnant at 42.5. Actually just posted a question about supplements. I do remember I went off of wheat and that 6 weeks later I was pregnant. Worth a shot...
Momoftreasures
me 42
dh 39
ds 15
ds 13
ds 11
ds 9
ds 6
ds 4
dd 20 mos
desperately praying for another baby girl but would gladly take another boy. TTC #8 naturally (with every supplement known to man) since Sept. '12
didn't know I could love a girl until I had one!
momoftreasures
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 40s