Needing some support too

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Needing some support too

Postby cubanmama » Thu May 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi ladies,

I have been checking out this website for the past 2 weeks during my TWW following a second IUI cycle. A little history - I had my daughter easily after 3 months of trying at 36. When she was about 18 months old started tic #2 and after 3 months - BFP! Then, at 9.5 weeks I started to miscarry. We tried 2 more times, got pregnant after 2 months each time and miscarried at around 8 weeks both times. Finally went to see an RE who did millions of tests and all he found was that I had retained placenta from one of the pregnancies, but he couldn't say which one. I just turned 40 in January and we did 2 cycles of IUI just because I felt like we needed to "do something" after going through so many losses and the ups and downs. My FSH is 6.8 and all my other numbers are great and lots of women in my family had kids later in life, including my mom, but I'm just feeling so defeated right now. I have a great aunt who had all 3 of her daughters AFTER 40! And that was about 60 years ago without any help. So, now I'm done with the RE and interventions because I don't think all that testing and monitoring is good for my mental health. For me, the less I know, the better. :)

I guess I'm looking for a community of support and someone who can reassure me that everything will be okay. We have every reason to think that one of these pregnancies will stick and we will finally have a second child...even if I'm 40!
cubanmama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Needing some support too

Postby Clementine37 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:01 pm

CubanMama - everything WILL be okay! Sounds like all of your tests are good...thats a great start! Hopefully, your great aunt passed some of her magic down to you! I had an IUI this cycle and in the TWW at 8dpo/IUI. There's a great thread I'm on called TTC in our 40's ALL WELCOME. It's a wonderfully supportive group of ladies. Come on over!!
Me: 45
DH: 30
We have three sweet and wonderful boys

Baby Logan
Clementine37
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby lyngret » Fri May 31, 2013 8:30 am

Hey CubanMama- Everything will be ok!. You have great results. Not allot of 40 year old have 6.8, that's great!
I had a 6.7 and Dr said it was like a 35 year old.
I'll start by saying that I'm also Cuban, so bienbenida mi Amiga! Cojelo suave!. Lol
I had 3 iui in my 30's, 3 home inseminations and got prego from one and had a D&C at almost 12weeks (not forming right and no heart beat).
Now at 41 after not drinking any alcohol or cigarets and eating very healthy for a 1 1/2 I desisted to try again. I had 3 IUIs this year and nothing, nada, nico!. Lol
But it was emotionally and physically draining! I had 2 with Clomid and 1 with Clomid and Follostim. And oh boy did it drove me Kuku!, so I took a break for a month, changed RE and Donor and now going for my IVF process starting June.
All I could tell you my friend is DO NOT GIVE UP! Todo llega! God has if all planed for us an we are powerless over it, so keep your faith and hope and look for support.
Like Clementine said! Please join us in our group, it's great!
Un beso!
lyngret

Postby cubanmama » Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 am

You ladies are great!! This is exactly what I needed. I am half Cubana, as someone once said - a mutt :) - pero me siento más cubana. Anyway, thanks again so much for your support. I will join the other group too!
cubanmama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC in our 40s