TTC THOUGHTS AND SHARE--- ALL WELCOME

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC THOUGHTS AND SHARE--- ALL WELCOME

Postby Second_Chance » Fri May 31, 2013 8:16 am

Happy Friday everyone and hope you are all doing well and ready for the weekend.... :) I know I sure am.

I Oed yesterday, so I am 1DPO... let the wait start........ :doh:

Wanted to share my experience yesterday with the RE. I LOVED THE DR. HE WAS GREAT... I went there kind of hoping he would look over my info and say "AH I see exactly where the issue is"....but he did not do that. Since my cycles are normal and I am responding well to the clomid he suspects my issue is egg quality. Even with my FSH coming down from 17.8 to 8.5 he wonders if it did that because maybe my estrogen is to high and artificially lowering my FSH... he said the only true test to know egg quality is with a AMH test... so they drew blood and I should have the results within the next week. We decided next step is to try clomid/IUI cycles for the next 3 cycles... just to make sure the sperm getting to where they need to be is not the problem.... these cycles are all out of pocket and the price is not to to bad... $750 each cycle which included, clomid, ultrasound, sperm wash and procedure and then trigger shot... if it comes back that my AMH is not low the course of action could potentially change to stronger injectible drugs with IUI... DH and I decided that IVF and Donor Eggs was not an option for us, the % of success is simply just to low for the price with no guarentee. IVF is $15,000 per cycle, donor is $25,000. Even if I use my sisters eggs (which he would do) the price is still $20,000 but its still only a 50% success rate at that..

So after I had a chance yesterday to take this all in and "right it" in my mind, DH and I talked last night and decided, we will throw everything into the next 4 months, IUI/clomid and if it doesnt work then we will stop the meds and just go plain natural and begin the adoption process. Ultimately I just want to be a mother, I am not so concerned how that happens just that it happens... I feel much more at peace today but OH how I wish I had met DH 20 yrs ago...

Have a great weekend everyone!

H
Me: 44 DH: 45
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

June, 2013- AMH level .016 (low) they want it over 1.

June 2013- Antral Follicle Ct- 6 (low) they want it over 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: TTC THOUGHTS AND SHARE--- ALL WELCOME

Postby MicMorris » Fri May 31, 2013 8:31 am

Hi,

I am SO glad you liked your doctor so much. GL on your TWW but also, I have only the best thoughts wishes and prayers for you and your DH in the next few months.

It's frustrating not to just have a quick diagnosis and easy fix, but we never know what might happen in the months to come.

All the best to you, I am definitely cheering for you both!

:hugs:
Me 43 * DH 38
TTC #1 - married 10/11/12 :-)
MicMorris

Postby Second_Chance » Fri May 31, 2013 8:46 am

I forgot to add, I was telling the RE we used preseed and soft cups... soft cups he was all for. Preseed he said they are starting to see that it starts to breakdown and dry up within a couple of minutes, so he suggested I use plain old vege oil.. now you dont go pouring a ton of that in your HOO HOO, but to use to lubricate and to lubricate the soft cup he said would work great and will not harm the sperm at all.
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

March 2013 started taking DHEA 25mg 3 times a day FSH is now 8.5... down from 17.8 from 3 months earlier. They want it well below 10.

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:50 am

SecondChance, what a great RE visit, I am so glad that you have a wonderful doc! I get to meet mine 07/29 if I am not preggo by then! I have heard great things about her! Sounds like you have an amazing plan for the next few months, I can't wait to see your progress! I will be sending you a ton of :babydustb: :babydustg: your way!

Blessings to you and your family :)
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MicMorris » Fri May 31, 2013 9:07 am

And since we are starting a new thread...

Welcome to all the new ladies, I'm sorry you are so frustrated and sad, but don't give up hope. I took it as a sign when I received all my OPK's and BBT in the mail that a little "hope" temporary tattoo was included. I have it stuck to my bathroom mirror for those moments when I need it most.

I've been away a little while in an attempt to not go crazy symptom spotting. Last month I had myself so convinced that even AF showed up late despite the BFN's. My notebook looks like a Who's Who of ovulation/implantation/pregnancy symptoms.

I was on vacation/holiday so when AF showed up I wasn't prepared for charting. When we got home I ordered everything so it came well into my cycle. Therefore, I don't have a cover line set up yet (or even an online account yet, LOL - I'm doing everything the old fashioned way) But, on CD14 I had a fair temperature drop - 96.8 vs. my 97.2 the previous two days. Then on CD 15 I felt like AF was there, cramping, feeling blah, etc. Then on CD16 I had some pink blood-like mixed with clear discharge so I'm guessing it was O-related but not really sure since I'm just starting charting of course. Last month on CD15 I had the same discharge so it seems to fall into line. Temp climbed up to 97.7 and has been there since so it all seems to correlate. SO, long story short, I could be 3 or 5 DPO. Definitely in the TWW. No symptoms this time around.

Ah, the temping saga. The first few days I started temping it worked out fine because DH and I both had to get up early for work. One morning DH even joked "time to make the baby" (for the US ladies who might remember the Dunkin Donuts commercial) LOL but the morning we didn't have to get up early and I woke him up with the beeping thermometer, he wasn't so happy. I wish I could express to him how important this is but I don't want to have BD'ing become work, or introduce performance anxiety. On CD16 because of the thought that ovulation might still be around, we BD'd and we were both so tired it sure wasn't fun and barely DTD as it was.

My sister went through a grueling TTC period with several MC, and even though my 3-year-old nephew is a joy to be around, I still see hints of tension and stress between her and her husband, like the whole process put a wedge between them. Hard to describe, but it's like TTC made their marriage work instead of fun.

When we first started dating, DH was so anxious to always please me that he never let me know how much he genuinely wanted a child. I'm 5 years older than him and had already long ago grieved the baby I'd never have after my 1st marriage ended. So when DH didn't emphasize it's importance, I just kept taking the BCP. Of course, knowing now what I wish I knew then, I would have stopped the Pill a long time ago. Anyway, I'm 6 months away from birthday #44 and while I want to make sure we take advantage of all opportunities to conceive if possible, I don't want to introduce stress or pressure into this. I think DH just thinks having a bit of "play" will make it happen, end of story. Throw in stress and exhaustion from working, and our fertile window shrinks. Plus if he gets grumpy over me waking him up while taking my temperature, I don't want to even think about how testing will freak him out. So we haven't really been "actively trying" yet although I tried to time it right this cycle. We've mostly been NTNP since last October. Which of course means I can't really go to the Dr. and say we've been trying for 6 months when we really haven't. IUI or IVF would be too far out of budget.

I'm fine with NTNP and while I think DH really wants this and I'd love to have a baby for him and us, I don't think we'll go much further than just the "if it happens, it happens" phase.

The worst part is trying to get our coworkers to shut up. Everyone wants it to happen yesterday and half of me just wants to smile and nod while the other half wants to either shame everyone who asks when we're going to get pregnant or gross them out with sordid details of the whole TTC process.

Whew, long rant there. Just had to get it off my chest. :wink:

In the meantime, I just keep cheering for the ladies who are so close on this cycle and enduring the TWW right there with you. I understand some of the frustrations and can certainly agree when you are talking about being too tired to BD when the time is right, etc.

Vege oil instead of preseed? That's different. I've never tried softcups but the more I read about them the better they sound. Now I'm starting to wonder if I even need to spend the money on Fertilaid and Ovaboost if there is a cheaper/easier alternative.

Tammylynn, while your RE sounds fantastic, I'm still cheering for you to not need to meet her. :-D

Just wanted to vent for a bit and say hi. Will catch up with everyone soon. Have a great weekend and enjoy the nice weather. Saturday is my "Monday" at work and I start off the weekend by working double split shifts while hubby will be painting houses for his first job and joining me at work at night for the second.

Take care ladies and hugs and babydust your way. :hugs:
Me 43 * DH 38
MicMorris

Postby cubanmama » Fri May 31, 2013 9:53 am

Hi everyone! I posted something yesterday and then I got a lovely invitation to join this thread...thanks! I'll repeat my history briefly because some of you may have read it already: had my daughter easily after 3 months of trying at 37. We tried for baby #2 and had 3 miscarriages over the last year and a half. Finally went to see an RE who did millions of tests and all he found was that I had retained placenta from one of the pregnancies, but he couldn't say which one. No other cause for miscarriages detected! Frustrating.

I just turned 40 in January and we did 2 cycles of IUI which didn't work, but my FSH is 6.8 and all my other numbers are great and lots of women in my family had kids later in life. So, for now I'm done with the RE and interventions because I don't think all that testing and monitoring is good for me and makes me too stressed. For me, the less I know, the better :).

The other times I've gotten pregnant I just used an online ovulation calculator and had lots of sex during the time. I didn't really have any symptoms with my daughter and with other pregnancies I think I was just trying to find/invent a symptom as we do sometimes :).

Thanks for giving me hope and support and I'm not done with trying to have baby #2, so hopefully I'll have good news very soon!!
cubanmama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeccaB40 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 am

Really interesting info on the vegetable oil. I have not used soft cups but am willing to give it a try. Such interesting stories for all the ladies on here. Would be interested to hear what other methods some of you are using. I'm always open to new ideas.

Me, I'm just using pre-seed, and BDing every other day beginning the day after AF has left, then at least three nights straight when I get the pos opk. We will be trying IUI in a month or two once I get all my ducks in a row. I too have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I had the AMH test done and had a 1.8 which I was told was very good for a woman of 40. And the RE did an ultrasound and couldn't believe how good things looked. DH tests were all good too.

I just joined a gym that opened up near my house to help get my mind off of all this waiting, and I too have put weight on TTC. So I am going to get off my butt and try to focus on other things!
Me: 42, two boys ages 12 & 5
DH: 43, no children of his own
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)
Beta 12/3/13: 92.4 BFP!
Beta 12/5/13: 174
Beta 12/12/13: 1418

Jessica Lynn ~ Born Sleeping ~ 04/05/2014
BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Second_Chance » Fri May 31, 2013 10:22 am

MicMorris- Thank you for sharing the story about your sister and her husband... that is the last thing I would want to do is drive a wedge... its a good "note to self" to keep that top of mind at all times during this process. While its an important process, its a process that cannot happen if it drives a wedge between the two people... So again thanks for that "little whisper" to keep it all in prospective....

Tammy- hoping you get your BFP in the next week.

Welcome- Cubanmama- Sounds like you can get preggo, so thats a really good thing... just keep trying and dont give up...

Becca- your AMH is AWESOME......sounds like its only a matter of time for you...
TTC #1 since June 2012
DH- Perfect
ME- DOR due to age

My Current Cycle Chart
My Ovulation Chart
Second_Chance
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tiffanynp » Fri May 31, 2013 11:09 am

Just wanted to pop in and say "HI" and update!!!

Sono yesterday showed perfectly measuring fetus with strong heartbeat at 159!!!! A little more confident after yesterday..THANK GOD!

Second, I think your plan and RE visit went very well. Welcome to tww..hoping this is your month and you don't need any of this stuff!

:babydustb: :babydustg: :babydustb: :babydustg:
to EOE!!!! Keep truckin..it can and DOES happen!!!
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MicMorris » Fri May 31, 2013 11:49 am

Tiffany, Yay!! Congratulations to you and a healthy and happy several months ahead to you! How long were you taking OvaBoost before your BFP?

Second - don't get me wrong, I don't want to scare people - it's just something I keep in mind all the time for that little bit of perspective, like you said. Some people have incredibly supportive families/friends/spouses and others don't. Baby pressure doesn't help. While my parents are supportive, they still say, hey, if it doesn't work out you have each other. But I think she had some pretty hard core in-law pressure. To the point that she had to name her son the same as her husband, father-in-law, his grandfather, etc.- basically one John in a long string of them. My in-laws already have two grown granddaughters (from BIL) and while they'd be thrilled with another grandbaby they know age is a factor. I think all the pressure of BFN's, MC, etc. would just push me too far but I also haven't been through everything that other ladies have been through or for nearly as long.

For us, a baby would be a blessing but it's not make or break for us. I'm just trying to not let everything get to me and trying to stay relaxed so that I don't bring in added stress.

Easier said than done! :wink:
Me 43 * DH 38
MicMorris

Postby tiffanynp » Fri May 31, 2013 12:20 pm

I was only on ovaboost for bfp cycle from af to O.
Me, Tiffany: 40. DH: 43. DD: 17mo's.
TTC#2 since June 2012.
Cycle #1: Chemical bfp June 2012 :(.
Cycle #4: Clomid 100mg cd3-7 Angel baby @ 9w1d on Nov 18, 2012 :(.
Cycle#5: Clomid 100mg cd3-7; BFN.
Cycle#6: Femara 5mg cd3-7; Angel baby#2 @ 5w4d on March 3, 2013 :(.
DIAGNOSED with MTHFR by RE on 4/8/13 as possible cause of mc...FX next preg is take home baby!!!
Cycle#7: Femara 5mg cd3-7, Ovaboost, Aspirin, and Foligard; BFP!!!!!!! :)
DD conceived on first cycle of Clomid 100mg after 3cycles BFN on Clomid 50mg.
tiffanynp
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MicMorris » Fri May 31, 2013 12:23 pm

ok, thanks! Stay healthy and happy :mrgreen:
Me 43 * DH 38
MicMorris

Postby BeccaB40 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:59 am

Tiffany - so happy for you! And thanks for the tip on OvaBoost. I may try that next time.

MicMorris - so very important to keep things in perspective. Thanks for reminding us all!

Well, I tested this morning (cd11) and bfn. Just feeling like this is probably not our month again. Trying not to get discouraged.

Hoping someone might have some good news this morning.
Me: 42, two boys ages 12 & 5
DH: 43, no children of his own
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)
Beta 12/3/13: 92.4 BFP!
Beta 12/5/13: 174
Beta 12/12/13: 1418

Jessica Lynn ~ Born Sleeping ~ 04/05/2014
BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby williamsbaby1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:27 am

Happy Saturday ladies, just hopping in to say "Hi and hope all is well".

Lovely picture Micmorris you two look great together

Tiff, wow 159, that means you are going to have a racer at your hand - always wanted to attend a NASCAR -lol

Second chance, well a good and understanding RE always makes a huge difference

Becca, sorry about BFN but you still have some time to go for testing

Tammy and Clementine - come on now girls tells us who we are congratulating first - I am excited for you

Cubanmama, I somehow missed you on the other thread - so Welcome - and I am sorry to hear about your TTC process but it can only get better and it sounds like you have a plan in mind

Myself, FF confirmed 3 dpo just as I had evaluated before crosshairs came poppin up this am. So will be TWW ahead and pray very hard that sperm and egg decided to meet and stay together for a long whole nine months

:belly:
All our babies have become angels now!!

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tammylynn1230 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:26 am

Jumping in for a quick HI

Congrats Tiff and the beautiful strong heartbeat!! Now Enjoy your pregnancy lil Momma :D

Welcome to the lovely ( not) TWW to those who just O'd, hope it doesn't drive you too crazy!

AFM: 10DPO this morning and BFN, sigh :( I am not too bummed out, it's early yet and my temps are up! Expecting AF later next week, so I will keep on peeing every morning and see what happens Today I have a birthday party to distract me so I am off to get ready for that! :)

Blessings to all!!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to TTC in our 40s