TTC thoughts and sharing - ALL WELCOME

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: TTC thoughts and sharing - ALL WELCOME

Postby Lmswebnet » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Jennifer, welcome.

I hope everyone is having an ok weekend. AF due next Wednesday and already had some spotting a few days ago and some cramping today. I was kind of wondering if it might be implantation, but BFN today at 10 DPO. I feel kind of silly for assuming AF signs would be anything else. You'd think after two years of this I'd know better.
Lmswebnet
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tammylynn1230 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Welcome Jennifer, me and DH are starting over again too! My oldes is 23 and my youngest is 20, they are from my previous marriage but DH and I have been together for over 11 years so he has raised them thru the most difficult times!! Two are out the house and almost done with college! Good luck to you and your husband! I am so excited to have a lil one again at this age! Oh and my bday is 12/30!! Yay Capricorns :) I will be 41 y/o

Lmswebnet, sorry for the BFN but it's early! Hope AF stays away!

AFM: 3 DPO according to FF... I am ok with the BDing not overally happy because yet again we failed to get any other sessions in after the +OPK :oops: :cry: DH was just too tired this weekend so it is what it is and need to keep the faith that it will all work out anyways! So I will be 11 DPO on Christmas eve, so I have 3 tests at home, 1 FRER and 2 Clearblue easy plus sign ( blue dye) and of course a pile of cheapies and my 2 digis that have not seen the light of day in 8 months !
On a exciting note, my TR surgeon is calling me tomorrow at 12:30pm CST to discuss what he thinks and about scheduling IUI for next year. He has reviewed all mine and DH's testing so excited to see what he has to say!

Blessings to all!
Me 42 :love: DH 42 (no kids of own)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

TTC since Jan 2013 /TR 12/2012
03/11/13 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

Sept 2014 IVF with frozen donor eggs!
Sept 26: BFN

Jan 12, 2015 IVF with Frozen Donor eggs!
Jan 22 BFP....Jan 30 pregnancy lost @ 5 weeks :angel:

March 23: FET!! Please Lord grant me this miracle...
We transferred two 5 day BB hatching embies!
March 28, 2015 BFP! Thank you Lord!
Due Date: Dec 08, 2015

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaB40 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Welcome Jennifer! You are in the right place! Keep us posted! I hope your feeling means you are right!

Lmswebnet, how are things going? Have you tested again?

Tammylynn, sorry about the BDing. Don't give up!!!! Keep us posted on what the doc says. I hope he has some good news for you!
Me: 42, two boys ages 12 & 5
DH: 43, no children of his own
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)
Beta 12/3/13: 92.4 BFP!
Beta 12/5/13: 174
Beta 12/12/13: 1418

Jessica Lynn ~ Born Sleeping ~ 04/05/2014
BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Ok, so just got off the phone with my surgeon and he had nothing but positive things to say!

He loved DH's SA results, he actually said they pass with flying colors and he is 10x better than what he usually sees. DH will be thrilled to hear that, LOL

As far as my tubes go, he said that he doesn't believe that the left tube is completely blocked or damaged just that dye did not pour all the way thru, he stated that fluid follows the path of leas resistance and that was all towards the right side, since my HSG was so quick that maybe they didn't push enough fluid and the right side "stole" all the dye and that's what we are seeing. THere is no way to be sure, but with that being said, either way I have one good tube and that is all it takes!

And for my IUI, they only do them Mon-Fri and use unwashed sperm, he stated that's how he learned it during his fertility training at Yale and they had great succeses with the method and since my husband's sperm is so great he doesn't see a problem with it. We can choose to use washed sperm for $300 out of pocket. He does not use trigger shots but is not opposed to them, he will order me one to pick up if I want one. They also do not do Saturday or Sunday insemination :doh: but I guess it's a free service so I have to take what I can get!

So as of now, he is all for the IUI's for free using his methods and times available or we can use washing and trigger shot too but just have to pay out of pocket for that!

DH and I will look into this in the coming months. He also stated that my charts look amazing and If I can give him charts like that with his insemination then we have a real shot!

I truley believe that the problem is my low ovarian reserve and lack of good eggs being released, just need to get the right egg out there for my DH's super sperm to penetrate!

FX that in 8 days this will all be for naught because I will have my Christmas miracle BFP!
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LanaUte » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I would love to jump in here ladies! I started reading this thread when i first joined TWW but was just observing! All of you ladies are so strong, smart, and inspiring! I am hoping to get some advice and strength from ya'll!

i had my first HSG Test today and left kinda confused. so i got on TWW and searched for HSG info and here i am!!!
Me Lana = 41 :(just turned on Jan 23) - no kids YET!!!!
DH Dan = 48 - DD 21Yrs old
Started the TTC journey in Oct 2012 with lots of tests. Found high prolactin (MRI) in March '13 - taking Cabergoline. no other treatment offered (except IUI or IVF). INSISTED that something be done after 6 months of no confirmed ovulation. gave me femara in November '13. Confirmed ovulation Nov & Dec. No BFP so finally got HSG.

HSG Results (12/17/13)= Left tube OK. Right tube unsure - Uterus seems OK but there could be 2 small polyps
HSG #2 repeat (1/9/14) = All tubes clear - good spillage! however possible polyp. Scheduled for hysteroscopy 2/6/14 to "see" if they are polyps and remove them.
My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
LanaUte
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lmswebnet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:09 am

Welcome LanaUte. I don't know anything about HSG, but I'm sure someone else does. It's nice to have some new voices on here!

Glad to hear your good news tammylynn. It sounds like your chances are good even without the IUI. I imagine the IUI would even up the odds. FX for you. And happy birthday on a few weeks!

How are you feeling Becca? You must be so excited! AF due tomorrow here. I got another BFN on an HPT yesterday and will probably use one again in the morning just so I don't drive myself nuts wondering what to expect. I kind of feel the same way I did the past two times I had a chemical, but that's not saying much, especially with the BFNs.

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Lmswebnet
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lmswebnet » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:14 am

Here's my update: no AF and BFN this morning. We'll see what happens...prepared for AF later today.

Mountainbaby - just wanted let you know I was thinking about you. I think I remember you saying this month was kind of a wash because of timing. I hope you can start your next cycle with new hope.
Last edited by Lmswebnet on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lmswebnet
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LanaUte » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Lms - thanks for the welcome!
Started the TTC journey in Oct 2012 with lots of tests. Found high prolactin (MRI) in March '13 - taking Cabergoline. no other treatment offered (except IUI or IVF). INSISTED that something be done after 6 months of no confirmed ovulation. gave me femara in November '13. Confirmed ovulation Nov & Dec. No BFP so finally got HSG.

HSG Results (12/17/13)= Left tube OK. Right tube unsure - Uterus seems OK but there could be 2 small polyps
HSG #2 repeat (1/9/14) = All tubes clear - good spillage! however possible polyp. Scheduled for hysteroscopy 2/6/14 to "see" if they are polyps and remove them.
My Ovulation Chart
LanaUte
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BeccaB40 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:18 am

Tammylynn, that is really good news! Now you just need to plan your trip and get the show on the road!!!!

WELCOME Lanaute! You are in a great place!!!! How did your HSG test go? Did they find anything?

Lmswebnet, any news yet? Did AF show??? :-(

AFM, nothing really new to report. I am freezing all the time. Itchy all over. Boobs are huge and sore. But I'm not complaining! Keeping the gallbladder attacks at a minimum. I have my ultrasound tomorrow. Hoping to see the heartbeat! I'm 6 weeks today!!! :-)
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)

BeccaB40
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby tammylynn1230 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:03 am

Welcome Lana, I had my HSG in Oct, what confused you? I have had two docs review mine and my dye only flowed to one side. So they know for sure right is open but left not sure? But both docs reassured my, strongly, that you only need one good tube!!

Becca, WOO HOO Girl! 6 weeks, Prayers for a great U/S tomorrow!

LMS, sorry for impending AF :( boo!!

Hi to EOE!!

AFM: 6DPO and I am trying to not get myself to excited to test! I am going to test starting Monday at 10DPO so I can ease into the BFN's so that I'm not too disappointed for the holidays! I have a real busy week so luckily I will be distracted! My daughter is coming home from college on Saturday, and Sunday is baking cookies all day and football! Monday is work and last minute shopping and Tues is 1/2 day of work and then family time for the next day and half! I am also dog sitting for the most adorable 6 y/o Puggle from the 21st thru the 28th! Very excited about that :)
DS 25
DD 22
DS 21

It's a GIRL!
tammylynn1230
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LanaUte » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Tammylynn - that sounds like a fun week ahead! you'll have a lot to keep you distracted!

Becca - omg on the gallbladder stuff! i had an attack once and WOWZERS talk about painful. im sure your doing this already - but drink lots of water, high fiber diet. eating cold water fish helps too. I've heard that rosemary helps to ease the gallbladder spasms. maybe some grilled salmon with rosemary olive oil and brown rice.

The reason the HSG left me confused was the doc didn't really tell me anything. During the procedure he kept grunting and groaning and had to use a ton of the contrast. The contrast kept coming running back out. i read later that meant there wasnt a good seal and the contrast material wasn't getting force to go thru. So, i am kinda thinking the test was not preformed correctly?
when it was done he said "well, I didn't see anything wrong but I didn't get a real clear picture either. the only way we can know for sure if there are any problems is to do surgery. But lets schedule an office visit and we'll go back over the results. "

Idk, that just didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy! This is supposed to the the the BEST office in town - the experts! i guess i will wait for the office visit on the 27th and see what comes.

My Ovulation Chart
LanaUte
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Frannie_ » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:34 am

OMG OMG what great news!!! Becca 6 weeks I am so so so happy for you!! I heard my baby's hb at 6w3d. And Tammylynn super news on DH's tests.. Poor thing he is overworked and still performing magnificently :) FYI but without any proof, the month I got pregnant we bd'd one more time late, we stretched it like your doc says.. But did not bd every night, don't worry.
This is great news girls, big hugs from me!

Welcome Jennifer and Lanaute!!

Lmswebnet any news?
:bfp: - Sept 3, 2013

Our beautiful baby boy was born on May 13, 2014.
Frannie_
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lmswebnet » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:20 am

Hi ladies, just a quick update. No AF and a BFN again this morning. I may have just O'd later than I think or something. Every time I've seen someone with the same situation it just ended in AF coming late. I'll keep you all posted though.

I hope you all have a great weekend.
Lmswebnet
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mountainbaby » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:35 am

Hi all. Sorry been out of the loop lately.

Lana welcome. Like u I am 40 and TTC my first. Good luck.

Lmswebnet keeping fingers crossed for u.

Becca. Glad your betas are all good. It is amazing what IVF can do after all the months of waiting.

Tammylyn. This new doctor does sound encouraging.

Frannie. Glad to see pregnancy continues well. Gives me hope.

AFM. CD30 and about 14dpo so AF due anytime. Had a spot of pink cm 2 days ago. Nothing since. But this has happened before. My plan is not to test unless AF is properly late.

Take care all
TTC since Oct 12

BFP - Feb 2014, Natural MC 18 March, 8 weeks, 4 days.

BFP - June 2014
US - 18.7.14 - baby measuring 8+1. Strong, clear heartbeat.

mountainbaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeccaB40 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:38 am

Quick update: ultrasound went well yestersay. Just one baby and we saw the heartbeat! They said I was 6 weeks three days yesterday so they are going from egg retrieval. Due date is August 12. Just so happy everything is going well. Just a few more days of the dreaded progesterone shots and I go see my OB in January. I will be in touch later. Have a great weekend everyone! Babydust to all!
Married in May, 2012
TTC one of our own
IVF in November 2013
Egg Retrieval 11/19/13
ET 11/22/13 (4 embryos)

BeccaB40