**2014 TTC in our 40's Roll Call**

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: **2014 TTC in our 40's Roll Call**

Postby tmac39 » Thu May 28, 2015 5:40 am

Hi there! I am new and this board seemed like a good place to start. :) We had a BFP in May of last year and I miscarried at week 6. Post MC, we tried for a few months before seeking assistance. After all the tests and having a major polyp removed, we have been TTC for a few months now. I am currently 9 dpo - the TWW is so brutal!

Name/Partner's Name: Tracy / Matt
Age/Partner's Age: 42 / 33
How long have you been together: 3.5 years
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: 0
How long have you been TTC: 15 months
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: My age
What are your TTC plans for 2015: I temp daily and take prenatal vitamins. Considering IUI if we don't get a BFP in the next couple of months.
tmac39

Postby FurbabyMomma » Fri May 29, 2015 9:57 am

I have been stalking and posting on this website in various areas but never got around to posting here so here's my info:

Name/Partner's Name: Veronica/Gene
Age/Partner's Age: 43 / 34
How long have you been together: Almost 3 years but we have know each other since we were kids
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: 0
How long have you been TTC: NTNP Since June 2013, Actively trying since October 2014
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Right now its just my age adn weight. We have not gone for any testing yet but plan on soon.
What are your TTC plans for 2015: Trying to lose some weight before going in for testing to give myself a better chance at conceiving naturally.

Baby Dust to Everyone! :babydustb: :babydustg:
Me (Vee): 44
DH: 35
NTNP since June 2013
Actively TTC #1 since October 2014

Two Furbabies: Peppa (Pitbull) and Gidget (Kitty)

FurbabyMomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby 40andtrying » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Age/Partner's Age:

Me: 40, Him: 48

Do you have children, if so how many and ages:

Me: None, Him: Two

How long have you been TTC:

Just started!

Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues:

Don't know yet, but due to my age and a bout with estrogen dominance, probably.

What are your TTC plans for 2014: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,)

OPKs....don't know what NTNP is! If we're not pregnant by Christmas I'll go to my doc and ask about Clomid, I guess!
40andtrying

Postby run2150 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:15 pm

PCOS, Metformin, Menopur and Bravelle
Postby run2150 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi there,
Sorry I'm not used to these chats and categories yet. I copied my post from another section. Here's a little about me.

I'm 42 and TTC my #2. I had my first baby at 39. She will be turning 3 this week. We didn't have to jump through many hoops to get pregnant with her, only 3 rounds of Femara, and IUI on the 3rd round, then a very successful pregnancy and healthy baby. It's much harder now. I'm trying hard to stick to a low carb/sugar diet to help combat insulin resistance. Metformin helps, but as some of you may know, it has some not so fun side effects. I know my weight is one of the things that is holding me back. At 260 pounds, I know this isn't the weight I want to be at. But with PCOS and insulin resistance, it's almost impossible to get the scale to move. I'm trying so hard and looking for encouragement to keep going. This could make the difference for me. I am otherwise healthy, no BP issues or diabetic.

They found a small cyst on my right ovary, and we will take this month off, and wait until my next cycle to start Bravelle/Menopur injections again. This will be my 4th attempt. I'm up to 6 vials per day, 3 in the am and 3 in the pm x 8 to 10 days, then IUI. I'm not producing as many eggs, but my FSH is still good, which indicates a decent egg reserve, and not in menopause yet. I'm trying to keep in mind, it's quality not quantity that we're hoping for. I estimate that my next IUI will be around November 5-6 it all goes well.

It's not easy with PCOS, not to mention TTC in your 40's. If anyone has any advice or we are in a similar situation, feel free to comment. Thanks and best of luck to all of you!

Run2150
run2150

Postby Adrianne72 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:22 pm

Name/Partner's Name: Adrianne & Noel
Age/Partner's Age: 43 & 38
How long have you been together: 6 years
Do you have children, if so how many and ages:1 son, 24!
How long have you been TTC: Off and on for 5 years together
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: We have been diagnosed with secondary unexplained infertility
What are your TTC plans for 2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) We will be using IVF with donor eggs
Anything about yourself you want to share: It's been a very long road, but we are determined that we will finally have our little one together.
TTC with donor eggs!
Adrianne72

Postby andrina72 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi... I'm new to the forum :)

Name/Partner's Name: Oz
Age/Partner's Age: I'm 43, he's 57
How long have you been together: 8 years
Do you have children, if so how many and ages: We each have 2 from previous relationships - his (both girls) are 24 & 30... mine are girl 20 and boy 14
How long have you been TTC: Just decided to try
Do you (or your partner) have any infertility issues: Not that we know of
What are your TTC plans for 2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) - Charting, OPKs
Anything about yourself you want to share: Seeing it all in black and white, I'm wondering if I'm completely off my rocker... But he is the love of my life and I very much want to have a child with him. If it doesn't work out, I will be disappointed, but not devastated. I adore my 2 children, as he does his. He's even a grandpa to a 1 yr old adorable little boy.
andrina72

Postby SunnyFL » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Hello everyone! Looking for info about TTC in your 40's
Cindy/Adam
39/38
20 years
DD: Violet, 8 & DS: Ash, 4
On a TTC hiatus! Thinking about TTC#3 (maybe)
No known medical issues
Thinking about TTC#3
Starting July 1, 2017:Ubiquinol 200mg, Women's 40+ multi by Garden of Life daily
SunnyFL

Postby SEL » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:51 am

SunnyFL wrote:Hello everyone! Looking for info about TTC in your 40's
Cindy/Adam
39/38
20 years
DD: Violet, 8 & DS: Ash, 4
On a TTC hiatus! Thinking about TTC#3 (maybe)
No known medical issues

Sunny - Hi! Come join us here on this thread. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=245679&start=135 there is a few of us in our forties chatting. :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

My Ovulation Chart
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to TTC in our 40s