Success / Side Effects with FertileAid?

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Success / Side Effects with FertileAid?

Postby Angelwoody » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:45 am

Hi,
I'm 42 and my DH and I have been TTC since we got married almost 3 years ago. We did Clomid, IUI's and one cycle of IVF. Although I'm older my hormone levels, cycles, tubes, etc., are all normal. My DH, however, has a varicosele and his counts are and have been extremely poor. He's been taking the FertileAid supplement for men for a few months and this month began taking the Count and Motility Boost supplements as well. This month I also began taking the FertileAid supplement for women, the Fertile CM and OvaBoost. It's been just under two weeks, so I'm not really expecting any miracles so soon, but I was wondering if anyone here had any successful (or negative) experiences with these supplements. We have given up going further with fertility treatments (our insurance doesn't cover anything and never did) and have started working with an adoption agency but I figured it couldn't hurt to keep trying naturally for a miracle. :-)

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Angelwoody

Re: Success / Side Effects with FertileAid?

Postby Lmswebnet » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:10 am

Hi angelwoody, I just saw this post. I've never taken fertile aid, but I've taken a combination of other similar supplements. I'm still TTC too, but I feel like it's helped keep my cycles normal. Good luck!
Lmswebnet
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jules123 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:18 am

I know this is an old post - but what you ladies taking supplement wise? I was just reading about Vitex.......I'm already taking a prenatal plus B6 - but am wondering what else there might be out there. Thanks!
Me - 39
DH - 45
2013: TTC #2 - since 03/2013
BFP November - ended in m/c :(
Took December off from meds
Currently on 6th round of Clomid. Last cycle for the meds!
January Clomid cycle - BFN, All done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2008: TTC #1 - since 8/2007 (after 12+ years of BCP)
1st Round Clomid, 50mg 2/08 .6 prog.
2nd Round Clomid, 100mg 3/08 .4 prog.
HSG 4.02.08 - Tubes Clear!! YAY!!!
Third Round Clomid, 150 mg 5/08 23.1 prog.
I O'd! CD39 - FINALLY!!! (Not due to Clomid though!?)
At 13dpo - BFP!!! - !!!!
13 dpo Beta at 112
15 dpo Beta at 279
21 dpo Beta at 3946 !!
6w1d First u/s - saw heartbeat!! 97 bpm!!
Yoga 2x's a week, B6, Prenatal and Preseed. It worked!! Image
Baby girl born 5 weeks early - 4lbs 15oz. Healthy as can be!
Jules123

Postby woofwoofgirl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:43 pm

I decided in the last two cycles that I was going to go a supplement route. Here's what I put together for me and my body. I was tested last year and all my results came back great. My cycles are pretty regular and I am ovulating. So in my case I did not want to take anything that could cause my cycle length of ovulation dates to change drastically. For that reason, I am staying away from Vitex or FertilAid. For me, my periods are maybe 1.5 - 2 days long and a very light flow and I have yet (until this month) to spot any EWCM. So I have been focusing on trying to improve those parts of my cycle as well as my egg quality.

But here's what I am taking:
FertilCM (3x day)
OvaBoost (4x day)
Geritol Pre O (1x day)
Prenatal Post O (1x day)
Folic Acid (1x day)
Calcium and Vitamin D (2x day)
Baby Aspirin (1x day)
B6 (1x day)
EPO Pre O (2000 - 3000mg a day)
Fish Oil Post O (3x day)
Ubiquinol (4x day)
64 oz water per day Pre O

I had some point I had tossed in some maca, bee pollen, royal jelly and spirulina. But frankly it was just TOO many pills every day. I cut those out. And something was upsetting to my stomach. So I am now managing to pace out the pills fairly well throughout the day and no upset stomach. This was the first cycle that I have ever noticed any EWCM for myself! Thought we hit the mark pretty good this month as we BD'd when I saw the EWCM but it appears that AF is on it's way. Awaiting to see if I have any improvements on that - little longer or a heavier flow. Trying to build a good place for my eggs to call home :-)
Me: 43
Fiance: 44 (Two Children in Their Early 20s)
Two Furbabies: Buck (10), Remi (14)
TTC #1
woofwoofgirl
Friend

Return to TTC in our 40s