New here, 47 TTC IUI - background etc.

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here, 47 TTC IUI - background etc.

Postby Piperrou » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:06 am

I have always had an irregular period. It wasn't until my first DNC that I was regular for a while back in mid 20's. I have had unprotected sex with boyfriends but was never able to conceive. Two years ago, found out I had a cyst on ovary and ended up having to have right ovary removed as well as my fallopian tube on that side. I also had a lot of ENDO.

I mensed 4 times last year, I think. Twice in June, skipped August and my last period was in Sept. 2013. NOW. I don't know if I am fully menopausal. Chances are I'm getting there early.
This is my plan.

See my GYN, next week. Get bloodwork to see what's going on etc. Probably a sonogram to make sure things are ok. If all is ok, I will try Clomid and a IUI with my GYN.
If she will do it. Still have to ask her next week. I will be a high risk pregnancy, I know this.

I'm going to go to a sperm bank and give it a go for maybe three cycles. If it's a no go, then the gods have spoken. Not meant for natural childbirth.

I'm hoping this is not the case. This is really my last chance to be a parent.

Thanks for any advice etc.
Piperrou

Re: New here, 47 TTC IUI - background etc.

Postby JNeedsSunshine » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi! I'm new here, too. While I don't have any advice for you, I will share that I do know someone who had an IUI at 46 and was successful. Hoping and praying for the same for you! =)

Jennifer
Jennifer (Me) 42
Steve (DH) 54
DS 1995
DD 2005
DD 2006
And my nine angel babies <3
JNeedsSunshine

Re: New here, 47 TTC IUI - background etc.

Postby Piperrou » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:47 am

Thanks Jennifer, I am hopeful it's not too late. Will see GYN on Thursday to begin the blood work etc. Keep your fingers crossed. :)
Piperrou

Return to TTC in our 40s