Help with ovulation question

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help with ovulation question

Postby dragnflymomma » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:27 pm

I know this may sound weird but it seems like I have ovulated all this month. I haven't been keeping strict track because the last time I did, the stress prolonged my cycle, drove me crazy and messed with my head. So no charting, no temps and no CP or CM checking.

Last month,I had a very short period in duration (seemed to last about 2.5-3 days with no clots, and spotting for roughly 2 days, which is unusual sorry for TMI) and about one day after the spotting stopped I constantly felt "wet" and my underwear would have a large moist spot on them. I do not recall ever having this issue before with the thin watery wetness and having to change my undies constantly.This was abnormal for me so I thought maybe I was ovulating, maybe my body was changing and so my husband and I got busy (which was nice not having to use any extra lubricant....lol).

Anyway, the wet, thin, watery mucus stopped for about a day or two and then it was the egg white consistency for about 3-4 days. Then it went away for about 2 days. So, yesterday and today it was egg white again, slimy and now I have really bad cramps in my left side and sometimes my right (but it is mostly my left side). I used to get cramps only during ovulation and could tell which side was releasing the egg just by the cramps. This feels like I am ovulating from the left ovary right now.The past couple cycles I didn't have any cramps so I am assuming I didn't ovulate or release any eggs even though I had EWCM. This cycle seems more jacked up so far because I do not recall having this much mucus in the entire cycle and the cramps are a bit more painful.

Could it just be hormones and my age or what (I am 41)? I don't think I am due for my period until about May 6-8th. I had one long cycle in Feb which throws off my average cycle length to about 27-28 days so not sure when to expect AF.

Could I have ovulated twice this month or just ovulating late?

I forgot to add that I decided to DTD with hubby today even though I had the cramps and it was so uncomfortable and sore. It felt like everything was swollen and tender inside (if that makes sense) I guess it could be actual ovulation and the other times were just hormonal changes?
dragnflymomma
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Help with ovulation question

Postby Sunshinetex » Wed May 07, 2014 12:47 pm

Dragonfly...you could have ovulated late or twice. It's close to AF time. Any update?
Me - 41
BF - 39
TTC #1 - Sept 2012

Hsg October 2014 - blocked tube. Straight to ivf
Ivf #1 - feb 2015 - bfn
Ivf #2 -may 2015 -
5/7 - 10 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized
5/12 - et. 5 day transfer - 1 blastocyst and 2 morulas - bfn
7/2 - surgery to remove/repair tubes - tubes cauterized
Ivf #3 - sept 2015
9/10 - 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized
9/15 - et 5 day transfer 3 blastocysts....
9/24 beta 152 9dp5dt
9/28 2nd beta 248 13 dp5dt
9/30 beta #3 468 15dp5dt
10/3 beta #4 1672 18dp5dt
10/9 u/s 1 baby
10/19 u/s 1 baby with heartbeat of 140. Due June 3, 2016.
Sunshinetex
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Show Me the Baby! » Thu May 08, 2014 12:02 am

Yes any update?
Show Me the Baby!
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mom2bret » Sat May 10, 2014 9:20 am

I am also wondering if you have any news on how you are doing.
mom2bret
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC in our 40s