CD 9 and...

TTC in our fabulous forties!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

CD 9 and...

Postby Danielle0614 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 am

CD 9 and I just finished my last dose of Clomid this morning. Every day for the past 5 days I felt good, knowing each day I was doing something proactive in regards to my potential fertility issues. I felt happy to take the pills, hoping that it will work. I go to the RE on Friday to see how many little Follies have grown to the right size. If I have good follicles, I’m going to make sure that I inquire about a trigger shot, because I don’t remember if that was ever discussed. My doctor previously said that she was going to be as aggressive as possible due to my age. I want the trigger shot for Monday just to boost my chances of knowing when I O, with a couple of days notice at least. My cycle used to be so predictive. Now, since my miscarriage in April, not so much.

So, I sit here and wait. This is my TDW (Two Day Wait) – for the results of my ultrasound, 10 day FSH levels and estradiol levels. Crossing my fingers that they are optimal. This is where things get real. This is when the doctor will tell me if I have a good chance of naturally conceiving a child w/o IUI or IVF. This is when I find out if I have a chance again.

If things are optimal, and I can get the trigger shot, and I O on Monday/Tuesday morning, my earliest testing day, DPO 10, will be the day after Thanksgiving. (Can you tell I’m a planner? LOL).

Anyway, I just needed to vent a bit, get out my feelings and just be heard. No one I know, not even my closest friend and sister know everything I’m doing to get pregnant. They are in their early 40s and are done w/ the child bearing phase in their life. I’m not and I don’t want to tell them I am trying for another one and have to answer questions about my fertility and what I’m doing nor do I want to tell them I can’t get pregnant and would have to go through the dreaded “Oh, well, you’re getting older and you already have 3” or “It’s God’s plan that you only have 3” – Whatever!! That’s not my plan and I’m hoping I can surprise them all w/o having to.

That is all – maybe I’ll blog later, but for now… Back to work. 
Me 41
DH 39
DS 18
DS 15
DS. 21mo
:angel: 4/2014
:angel: CP 10/2014
:angel: CP 12/2014

BFP - 8DPO April 30, 2015!!!
Beta #1 - 86 (13 DPO)
Beta #2 - 178 (15 DPO) 45.75 hrs doubling time